[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Tomorrow's headline........
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
11/6/2004  9:51 PM
Fire Lenny, and trade for a new front-court.....

I am not even in N.Y. right now, and I can feel what is about to come. Isiah is going to make a drastic change by either trying to trade Naser, or by trashing this whole squad including Lenny. I can't believe that Lenny is going to allow the Celts out of any team to come to N.Y. and pretty much destroy us like that. We need a serious change in our front-court and Lenny must find a way to get the job done, or if not he won't survive 10 games in N.Y.

To help him out, I will make this suggestion

Our starting lineup should be as follow:

Marb
Crawf
TT (if he decides to retain Naser in our starting lineup, I suggest that he replaces TT with either Penny or Trevor)
Sweetney
Kurt

I can almost guaranty nothing but wins with that lineup. Other than that, Isiah needs to send Naser to the IR FOR A WEEK and promote Sandov to the practice squad.
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
SKY
Member: #687
USA
11/6/2004  10:07 PM
I agree with the line up, but I think you are too optimistic when you say "I can almost guaranty nothing but wins with that lineup".

The fact is, these 5 guys cannot play 48 min each, and our bench consisting of Nazr, Baker, Shandon, Moochy will not be good enough. Penny and Ariza can play, but without a consistently effective big man, we'll continue to be handicapped.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
11/6/2004  10:13 PM
I disagree, I do believe that our bench is pretty good. Lenny just doesn't know how to utilize it. How in the world you are going to have motor like JYD and can't find playing time for him? Lenny needs to find a way to get production out of the front-line. A combo of TT, Sweetney, and Kurt; or Penny, JYD, AND Vinny; or Ariza, Sweetney, and Kurt can be deadly. I do believe that he doesn't his team's strength. JYD should be playing at least 10 min per game without question. Specially at the end of quarters.
The true Knickabocker..........
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
11/6/2004  10:20 PM
The Knicks need a Tom Couglin type of coach to kick their butts, but then again, the Giants had a letdown at home against an inferior Detroit Lions team.
teslawlo
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #699
USA
11/6/2004  10:22 PM
When Howard Stern walks out on you, you know something's wrong
http://allknicks.com
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/6/2004  11:11 PM
KVH: 22pts 14rebs and 2blks..hmm I wonder who's the better player now?

that was just a pathetic disheartning game. Killed by the Celtics..give me a break!
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
11/7/2004  12:30 AM
Tomorrow's headlines? Lets see...

Quitters!

Knicks show no heart at The Garden

Embarrassing!

Start the Lenny countdown

Boston embarrasses New York again, this time in basketball

*Hint: think about the Knicks right now, multiply the negativity by ten, and then write it. There are so many alternatives...

Knicks_Fan
SKY
USA
11/7/2004  1:04 AM
Posted by diderotn:

I disagree, I do believe that our bench is pretty good. Lenny just doesn't know how to utilize it. How in the world you are going to have motor like JYD and can't find playing time for him? Lenny needs to find a way to get production out of the front-line. A combo of TT, Sweetney, and Kurt; or Penny, JYD, AND Vinny; or Ariza, Sweetney, and Kurt can be deadly. I do believe that he doesn't his team's strength. JYD should be playing at least 10 min per game without question. Specially at the end of quarters.

I'll believe it when I see it.
SKY
USA
11/7/2004  1:37 AM
[b]"It's all set up," Crawford, the Knicks' bright-eyed young guard, observes. "The stage is there for you. It's just something about the Garden."

So is Crawford, who admitted he's expecting a larger number of celebrities at courtside than he was used to seeing in Chicago. Describing the excitement of playing at the Garden, Crawford said, "It's like, 'Lights, camera, action!'

"The lights are brighter. The lights aren't really on the crowd. It's on the court. It's all set up. The stage is there for you. It's just something about the Garden."

HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!!!!!
The stage is great but their performance suck.
SKY
USA
11/7/2004  2:15 AM
[b]
"They [booed] in Chicago but not that loud," said Crawford, who scored 11 points, missing six of nine shots.

Welcome to NY!
mythfaze
Member: #106
11/7/2004  4:02 AM
Nothing but wins? Let's see...

TT = soft. all talk. poor defender. 12 and 4 career averages. inconsistant.

Marb = i don't care how much he's "changed" in athens, and how he's now some amazing leader who is destined to become the best point guard in the league... i haven't seen anything yet. he's still a streaky shooter, he still can put up numbers but not wins, and he still has yet to impress by getting an offense to work. a decent amount of assists doesn't mean you have a nice offense going. i'm not saying he won't get his numbers, cause he will. but he doesn't make anyone better, he doesn't run an offense, and his leadership has yet to be seen...

Crawford = yes, flashy. yes, fresh. poor defender. streaky shooter. inconsistant. decent ball handler at best. yes, he has the cross, but put a little pressure on him and he chokes up.

Sweetney = much better. learning quickly. great rebounder. but still very undersized, and still trying to figure everything out.

Kurt = his only major problem is being undersized. he's not a good center. great forward, poor center.

We have a nice range of overpaid, raw, normally mediocre, inconsistant talent. When everyone is having an on day, we can be pretty good. When that doesn't happen... we're in trouble.

We're lacking...
1) A front line
2) Defense
3) Heart
Thomas enfocing a dress code doesn't mean the attitude of the players has changed.

Now that I've ripped on them enough, let's hope they can pull together and figure themselves out... Each loss kills me.
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
11/7/2004  7:32 AM
Apparently this was the most lopsided defeat in franchise history for a home opener.Im concerend about Wilkens as well.I dont think they will get pumped up by coach whoose emotions rarely goes above room temperature.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
11/7/2004  11:14 AM
the headline should read:

KNICKS FEAR .500
Tomorrow's headline........

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy