[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Stop the Alonzo
Author Thread
TheSage
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #386
11/6/2004  12:17 PM
Unless we can get him for the vet minimum I don't want a player I can count on for a day or week. He should retire. He was a great player who might still have some great moments but you don't build with him or count on him for a season.
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/6/2004  12:23 PM
id rather have zo playing 24 minutes for a month than nazr for 2 years. id take the risk if NJ was willing. look at our payroll its chicken feed at less than 1/20th of payroll

yeah maybe zo goes down in a month but what exactly is nazr going to do for this club on a consistent basis anyway? he is NOT a 5 hes a back up 4 IMHO
RIP Crushalot😞
Caseloads
Member: #41
11/6/2004  12:58 PM
for everyone on this board that thinks nazr sucks (including me) - guy has skills, or else he wouldnt be in the nba. guy can play - just watch him. all the work agguire and company have been putting into sweets needs to do some extra work with naz

we are so worried about our guard oriented attack, but never feed the post and get them going. you've got to establish an inside game to win in the NBA. feed the big men. penetrate and set them up for dunks. we've got penetrators. big men dunk, get an and1 and then get the other players in foul trouble. all of our guys are trying to penetrate and get their own, never making the extra dish...

watch utah, they are pros in the game. the guards get inside and give it to the bigmen to finish and or lob for the flush. we've got nazr who can do that... let sweets get position in the post... i want to see a knick in the post calling the the rock - that's what we need. remember when ewing would post and demand the pill? i never see any players with their back to the basket demanding the orange anymore, deep in the zone.

we've got to get back to that.
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
11/6/2004  1:07 PM
He wants to go to a winner so far NYK doesn't qualify as a winners with a chance at a championship. I think when Zo say he wants to go to a winner I think he is refering to teams Like the Spurs, Kings, Mav, T-Wolves, Pacers, Pistons and possible back to Heat.
TheloniusMonk
Member: #705
USA
11/6/2004  2:06 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

yeah maybe zo goes down in a month but what exactly is nazr going to do for this club on a consistent basis anyway?

Same thing Chris Mihm does on a regular basis.
'You can catch me in Hollis at the hero shop!' -Tony Yayo
teslawlo
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #699
USA
11/6/2004  2:17 PM
Posted by TheloniusMonk:
Posted by BRIGGS:

yeah maybe zo goes down in a month but what exactly is nazr going to do for this club on a consistent basis anyway?

Same thing Chris Mihm does on a regular basis.
Ohhhh I like that
http://allknicks.com
TheSage
Member: #386
11/6/2004  2:25 PM
Briggs- I understand that Zo would be an improvement in any game in which he is physically able to play but you play the season for playoff position, work on your weaknesses, tweak your strengths and then to have the uncertainty of one the building blocks falling apart or going down it becomes necessary to rebuild a foundation without time left on the schedule.

Unlike baseball albeit to a lesser extent than football, basketball requires teamwork (see Detroit)unless you have overwhelming talent. No team in this league has such overwhelming talent
subzero0
Member: #410
11/6/2004  3:47 PM
Posted by Caseloads:

for everyone on this board that thinks nazr sucks (including me) - guy has skills, or else he wouldnt be in the nba. guy can play - just watch him. all the work agguire and company have been putting into sweets needs to do some extra work with naz

we are so worried about our guard oriented attack, but never feed the post and get them going. you've got to establish an inside game to win in the NBA. feed the big men. penetrate and set them up for dunks. we've got penetrators. big men dunk, get an and1 and then get the other players in foul trouble. all of our guys are trying to penetrate and get their own, never making the extra dish...

watch utah, they are pros in the game. the guards get inside and give it to the bigmen to finish and or lob for the flush. we've got nazr who can do that... let sweets get position in the post... i want to see a knick in the post calling the the rock - that's what we need. remember when ewing would post and demand the pill? i never see any players with their back to the basket demanding the orange anymore, deep in the zone.

we've got to get back to that.

Excellent Post. This was exactly what weve been lacking since we lost Ewing. After Ewing was gone we lost what put us so much above all the other teams in the league, we lost what was special, a dominant post scorer. The first 4 plays and last four plays of each quarter should be down low period. You have to begin and end quarters and games down low with a dominant post scorer which gets us either a bucket, to the line, or a open shooter at the three point line. Until we get that kind of player all we're going to be doing is spinning our wheels in the mud, going nowhere fast.

[Edited by - subzero0 on 11/06/2004 15:50:06]
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
11/6/2004  4:12 PM
its early, but ZO looks good.

Would the nets trade Zo for Nazr?

That's a risky move- I'm not going to rip Nazr as useless- he's shown flashes. But Zo is a warrior on both ends of the floor- if you got one season out of him, I'd say it was worth it.

Zo would definitely come to NY-

How ironic would it be if Zo came to NY and got a Ring in one season! That would have to kill Ewing!
mythfaze
Member: #106
11/7/2004  4:17 AM
Pretty sure Ewing doesn't have to lose too much sleep over that thought.
Stop the Alonzo

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy