[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Eastern Division
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/6/2004  8:20 AM
This division has been called the worst in the league.....How do they figure?

Look at what Washington has on their team.....look how they win.
They start the game off with Jaimison, Hayes, Hayward, Arenas, and Hughes......that is an awesoem starting line-up.....they got the players to step in on the bench too......Washington is gonna suprise alot of people this season.....if they stay healthy.

Knicks are playing Boston tonight guys.....they have better depth than the Knicks up front with LaFrentz, Blount, Googs and Al Harrington.......plus their back court of Pierce and Payton is just as good as Marbs and Craw if not better......don't forget Welch and Ricky Davis......Boston is for real.

Philly is a smash mouth team. They are more athletic than the Knicks right now and have more depth up front than the Knicks......Brian Skinner hasn't been getting playing time but he would easily start for the Knicks right now at center. Philly is for real.

Then there is the Nets.....Zo just dropped 17pts 5 rebs and 6 blocks in limited minutes......they have a scrappy team too. Richard Jefferson is playing like he actually is worth his money. The Knicks are better but the Nets could beat the Knicks on any given day....

That leaves the Knicks......yeah we have Marbs, and Craw. Ariza is great off the bench. Sweetney has been doing his rebounding and foul shooting thing.....KT has been hitting his jumper and rebounding....what else do the Knicks have to warrent a automatic division title? The Knicks have big holes......Timmy has to bring it every game.....he already proved he can't do that already with his wack first game. Nazr and Baker need to get it together now not later.
It's a long season but the Knicks could be looking at 5-15 in 20 games for real.

It starts with Boston. The Knicks have to pull out a win.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/6/2004  10:07 AM
because the Knicks are the best team in the divison and overall are only the 13th or so best team in the league lol
DefAndReb
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #336
11/6/2004  10:11 AM
Uhm, what are you talking about?

There's the Eastern CONFERENCE and there's the Atlantic DIVISION, and, no, Washington DC is not in the same DIVISION as the Knicks.

Boston
New Jersey
New York
Philadelphia
Toronto

And, when did Al Harrington get traded from Atlanta to the Celtics?! He didn't? Oh, you must be smoking some serious chronic, that's it!

That said, Toronto and New Jersey are supposed to be the worst teams in this division, but after Toronto's first couple games, one gets the feeling that, despite being labeled the worst division in the league (because there is no clear favorite or championship contender in the pack, not because these are the worst teams), there will be a serious dogfight to win it. Only the Nets are a longshot, and that's only if Kidd and Zo ship out this season.

Given the Knicks have zero defense, they better score like mad. Philly and Boston will play tough D. Toronto's got Loren Woods playing well (just two games, granted, but did you think he'd even show up?) and Bosh is dangerous, not to mention Vince. And, despite your obvious inebriation, EnySpree, I agree the Nets could beat the Knicks on any given day.

Not a cakewalk by any given stretch.

Knicks have no D and no frontline. We are weak at the 3,4 and 5, with potential to improve at the 3 and 4 with the current young guys. We are abysmal at the 5.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
11/6/2004  10:37 AM
It is still early, in the East, teams like orlando, and the wizzards look better for sure, heck even toronto handled the champion pistons last night, I think it is early and teams are trying to get off to a good start, I think the true measure comes after 15 games or so, lets see how grant hill ankles hold up, lets see if Zo can take the grind of playing 30 mpg, lets see if the wizzards can continue to play well together, a lot of things still need to be seen,I think the knicks have a lot of depth and can stand out in the east, time will tell..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
11/6/2004  10:50 AM
And, when did Al Harrington get traded from Atlanta to the Celtics?! He didn't? Oh, you must be smoking some serious chronic, that's it!
I'm assuming he meant Al Jefferson, just a simple mix up.

I have to side with tkf on this. We need more time before we make any assumptions. We have only played one game thus far, and even though we lost, I thought we looked pretty good for a team in the Atlantic.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
11/6/2004  12:39 PM
Yeah, absolutely agree with tkf. Zo and Hill have to prove they can hold up. Carter has to prove he won't be selfish. And can Loren Woods keep up an average of 14 pts and 10 rebs? I dont think so. Its a LONG season and the Knicks have a young (mostly) and extremely deep team, this will help a lot.

I think Washington could actually make the playoffs, but they have a ton of injured guys to work into the lineup.
¿ △ ?
EnySpree

11/6/2004  4:53 PM
Posted by MaTT4281:
I'm assuming he meant Al Jefferson, just a simple mix up.

I have to side with tkf on this. We need more time before we make any assumptions. We have only played one game thus far, and even though we lost, I thought we looked pretty good for a team in the Atlantic.

Thanks for the help there.....

Washington is not in the ATLANTIC division but the Knicks still play them 4 times.

I didn't add Toronto to the list because I was writing to much. Toronto has some really good depth over ther too.

I got faith in the Knicks but it won't be a cakewalk.

I might have basketball-itis or something. It was scary how well Toronto, Washington, and Boston have played.

You guys know already but here's the starting line-ups for the times I'm scared of in the east.....
KT, Timmy, Nazr, Marbs, Craw?
LaFrentz, Ricky, Blount, Payton, Pierce?
Bosh, Rose, Woods, Alston, Carter?
Jaimison, Hayes, Haywood, Arenas, Hughes?
Kenny, Andre, Jackson, Ivo, McKie?

Think about what each team has on their benches......

Add Indiana, Detroit, Miami,.....and anyone I missed.

Certain guys can't keep up certain stat lines but the talent is there. You can't deny that. These teams are for real.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree

11/6/2004  4:58 PM
I'm just scred man.....
I see good basketball......all the time......it's everywhere.....
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
11/6/2004  7:31 PM
the ‘zards are not a surprise team, they are a overlooked team with less hype. they have the leadership and vision of ex ny player and gm, ernie grunfeld. Fans were treated with sweet victory over talent pool memphis. ‘zards made it happen without arenas, haywood, brown and hughes ! looks like playing with heart without excuses prevailed over athleticism….oh well. Btw, did gasol sign the max?
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
Eastern Division

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy