[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

who else is mad that Marv is gone?
Author Thread
hDavis
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #494
USA
11/6/2004  2:46 AM
i was bummed! Layden fired him cause he said that Marv was too negative about the knicks. im gonna miss marv.
ANOTHER Knick turnover! -Marv Albert
AUTOADVERT
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
11/6/2004  6:10 AM
As much of a reflex it may be, you can't blame Layden for this. He was already long gone when Marv got the boot.
Gonna miss him. Dolan took away the voice of the Knicks...this will come back to bite him in the bum.(Forgetting how strict this censorship is on this site).
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
11/6/2004  6:26 AM
Yeah, it was Dolan, and it sucks, although it has to be said that MSG Network did give Marv a job when he was disgraced after his court case.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
11/6/2004  7:53 AM
Yeah Marv added a lot to watching a game on the tube, His humor was perfect too. Quick, sarcastic. I particularly liked his chemistry with Johnny Hoops. They were often more entertaining than the game itself. The sex scandal, the toupee, the "YES," all the stories about him and his brothers growing up holding up fake microphones and broadcasting during family dinners, the guy was just one quirky piece of work. Classic New York stuff.

Marv you butt-biting panty-wearing nut, I continue to post in your honor dude!
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
11/6/2004  8:17 AM
Posted by Marv:

Marv you butt-biting panty-wearing nut, I continue to post in your honor dude!
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Elite
Alba Posts: 23
Member: #510

11/6/2004  10:31 AM
i agree wit marv that he was deff entertaining... me and my friends always laugh at Clyde's big ass words and when he would make fun of clyde it was great... I think im more mad at the reason he's gone then the fact that hes actually gone tho... oh well... at least we still got clyde!!!!
TheSage
Member: #386
11/6/2004  10:39 AM
A word in defense of the Dolans-I have no great love for the Cablevision monolith with their campaign against the stadium for the Jets, mismanagement of the knx and the hibernating Rangers, overpriced cable and internetbut let us give them credit for bringing him in as young man, giving him the opportunity to learn the ropes and then when all were against him bringing him back and giving him the opportunity to be reassimilated back into broadcasting.

People forget he is not a newscaster or sports reporter-he is or was the voice of the knicks (and i loved the voice and the broadcasts)but it is the right of every employer to set forth the parameters of the job. They did so-he didn't like it-he's gone and we have Mike Breen who aint half bad.
bernard
Member: #475
11/6/2004  12:18 PM
No one's saying it wsan't Dolan's/Garden management's right to fire Marv. That doesn't mean they were right to do it. Marv was great for the Knicks. He was entertaining, knowledgeable, and, as others have said, the voice of the Knicks. He also was what NY's about. Tough, thoughtful, funny. Does any fan really feel Marv made us less likely to spend money in any way on the Knicks? Are we going to spend more if we have some homer announcer always praising and never criticizing? Come on. We're supposed to be the most sophisticated fans in the world. Treat us like it.

So to answer the original question. I'm still mad. Very mad. I would boycott the games if there was another way to watch them :). One thing I will do ... try to avoid buying products from anyone who advertises during the games. The advertisers could have made a fuss about them letting Marv go.
Stevo718
Member: #559
11/6/2004  5:26 PM
Dolan is a pudgy nazi... maybe more like a Napolean.

I will not be going to any games this season or buy any merchandise, cept maybe an Ariza jersey, LOL. But seriously I'm tired of Dolan, what's the worst thing that Marv said anyways?

Does anyone know Dolan's email?
nykdunk
Member: #570
USA
11/6/2004  7:12 PM
I really don't know how to say this without a) knocking Marv or b) defending Dolan, but in a crazy warped up way, I really do feel Dolan did the right thing. With Breen and Gus Johnson already under employment by the Knicks, these last few years I really felt Marv had become the third best play-by-play guy in the organization. I disagree with the reasoning Dolan gave, because I've always felt that a good commentator is always objective, however; I do believe Breen will be critical enough of the Knicks when they do play poorly without bringing about a complete aura of negativity. JMHO.
who else is mad that Marv is gone?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy