[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Alonzo Wants a Buyout
Author Thread
toodarkmark
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #515
USA
11/5/2004  4:42 PM
Do you think we could trade Nazzy for Alonzo? I mean it's cheaper than a buyout, and his contract becomes expiring at the end of the year. Ahhh, NJ won't deal with us.

If there is a buyout, I say we do everything we can to sign him and cut Sundov, buyout Shandon, and trade Nazzy.
I don't care what people think. People are stupid. - Charles Barkley
AUTOADVERT
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
11/5/2004  4:43 PM
I never heard anything about a buyout. Let's see him play a few more games before we start clearing roster spaces for him.
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
11/5/2004  5:02 PM
Posted by toodarkmark:

Do you think we could trade Nazzy for Alonzo? I mean it's cheaper than a buyout, and his contract becomes expiring at the end of the year. Ahhh, NJ won't deal with us.

If there is a buyout, I say we do everything we can to sign him and cut Sundov, buyout Shandon, and trade Nazzy.

I would trade Nazr for Zo and a pick in a NY minute
~You can't run from who you are.~
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
11/5/2004  5:03 PM
NJ wouldn't.
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
11/5/2004  5:06 PM
Posted by MaTT4281:

NJ wouldn't.

Maybe, maybe not........they have like 4 picks and Nazr makes a small salary...alot less than Mourning for less years

~You can't run from who you are.~
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/5/2004  5:07 PM
Vin, Moochie and Nazr for Zo? All come off the books.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
11/5/2004  7:25 PM
Posted by martin:

Vin, Moochie and Nazr for Zo? All come off the books.

not sure how that one makes sense martin...the combined salaries of Vin, Mooch & Naz are way more than Zo's annual salary...did u mean to add in some filler on NJ's end?
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/5/2004  7:36 PM
Zo for nazr works......on real gm anyway.

Zo looked like he was fine when he played the other day. He actually dunked and got fouled.

He did that gay roar flexing thing he does when he makes a good play.

Zo sucseeding in MSG would be a crazy way to end a career. He is hated in NY plus he idolized Ewing too.....

You gotta respect his love for the game. Personally I think he would play better with Marbs then Kidd.

I'd take him.....Nazr plays terrible with two kidneys.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
11/5/2004  10:01 PM
Wouldn't a trade for him mean that we take him along with his contract? If thats the case then what are you guys thinking? He is still a BIG risk. Its only the start of a long season and who knows if somewhere down the line he would have to stop playing, leaving us with only who? Baker?

Its not like its gonna happen anyway because what people think will happen is that once he gets the buyout, if that ever happens, he will look to sign with Shaq's Heat. Nazr will have his days, and that may be enough to survive some games, even the whole season. But make no mistake that Isiah will acquire a Center soon, meaning during the season or in the offseason.
Knicks_Fan
TMS
USA
11/5/2004  11:53 PM
he's got 1 more year left than Nazr...so what? even 70% of Zo impacts a game more than Nazr does...did you guys forget how great a shotblocker this guy is? i'm watching the Bulls game right now & he's still got that shotblocking skill he always had...the only question around him is his stamina, but i think w/KT & Baker on the team, they could make it work...Nazr will have his games where he puts up numbers at times, but down the stretch of a game, who would you rather have on the floor? Zo's mere presence impacts the game alot more than Nazr does in crunchtime because of his physical D, shotblocking & intimidation.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Travla
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #723
USA
11/6/2004  2:31 AM
I am still skeptical that he could hold up for a entire season but tonight he had 17 points, 6 blocks, and 5 rebounds in 26 minutes ....that's pretty good. I wish we had someone with that kind of tenacity and work ethic on the front line.
https://www.youtube.com/user/RPreston01/videos
Knicksfan
USA
11/6/2004  8:51 AM
Posted by TMS:

he's got 1 more year left than Nazr...so what? even 70% of Zo impacts a game more than Nazr does...did you guys forget how great a shotblocker this guy is? i'm watching the Bulls game right now & he's still got that shotblocking skill he always had...the only question around him is his stamina, but i think w/KT & Baker on the team, they could make it work...Nazr will have his games where he puts up numbers at times, but down the stretch of a game, who would you rather have on the floor? Zo's mere presence impacts the game alot more than Nazr does in crunchtime because of his physical D, shotblocking & intimidation.

Its definitely not that anyone would have Nazr as their center instead of a healthy Zo because its obvious who's the best player. But my point is that with Zo being an injury away from ending his season and maybe his career, it wouldn't be a good thing to trade for him. Zo may be the best player, but at least Nazr is less of an injury concern, and he may not be great but just throwing his body out there the rest of the seasons will be a plus for us.

If he is bought out and he considers NY, go for it with a one year contract. A trade? No thanks. Better to have Nazr as an injury insurance than having Zo out and having to start, gulp, Baker at Center with Sundov his backup...

[Edited by - KnicksFan on 11/06/2004 08:52:34]
Knicks_Fan
TMS
USA
11/6/2004  9:08 AM
obviously just signing him after a buyout would be ideal, but he seems to want to go back to MIA...a trade would take that choice out of his hands, & once he's here, i am confident that he'd be reinvigorated by being in a playoff race.
Knicksfan
USA
11/6/2004  9:18 AM
Posted by TMS:

obviously just signing him after a buyout would be ideal, but he seems to want to go back to MIA...a trade would take that choice out of his hands, & once he's here, i am confident that he'd be reinvigorated by being in a playoff race.

Good point, but like many have asked, would NJ trade with us? And would it help our youth movement if it ended like it did for NJ last season? If he could make it to the playoffs that would be great, but that not being a sure thing scares any team that has no good insurances after a move for him. If we made the trade and he couldn't play the whole season, that would leave us very bad at C, and we have more than enough with waiting for Houston to come back to wait for another integral part of the team like Zo would become...
Knicks_Fan
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
11/6/2004  9:36 AM
Posted by EnySpree:

I'd take him.....Nazr plays terrible with two kidneys.

That is a very good line.
TMS
USA
11/6/2004  9:37 AM
i think NJ would trade as long as it was worth their while...as long as they get cap relief out of the deal it's better than them buying out Zo's contract...plus they get a player they can use in their frontcourt, as they are already thin at the 4 as it is...Zo has 1 extra year on his deal, & he has the potential to be an impact player for this team...imo, Nazr does not, no matter how healthy he is...it's a risk i think is worth taking...if Zo goes down, KT or Baker at C is not all that worse an option than Nazr anyway...i would also sign Haislip as insurance as well to shore up the frontcourt once that deal was made.
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
11/6/2004  10:29 AM
If Mourning does want a buyout. And NJ does have interest in Muhammad than its a move the Knicks would HAVE to take a chance on. The positive far exceeds the negative.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/6/2004  12:14 PM
if we gave them nazr + 3mm

that would= nearly 9mm in cap relief

of course it's high risk, but over the period of time, it only represents 1/20th of payroll.
RIP Crushalot😞
TMS
USA
11/7/2004  1:18 PM
after watching that putrid performance in last night's game, this team is in dire need of a shotblocking intimidator inside...DO THE TRADE NOW! Nazr will never be the player this team needs to get to the next level...Zo has at least the potential to be that...the risk is there, but i'd rather take a risk to reap a potential reward than stay w/what we have right now.
Alonzo Wants a Buyout

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy