[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Official Knicks vs. CelticsThread (11/6)
Author Thread
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
11/7/2004  12:01 AM
I am so disgusted with this team. I tought they had a chance at the division but after today I can't see this wussy team ever win this division no matter how mediocre the division is. They will be lucky to get to the playoffs. This team officially sucks. The only good thing about the Knicks is Sweetney and Ariza and the rest is a bunch of garbage and yes it includes Marbury. I have never been this upset about any loss like this. The hype and all that was there. They fall flat on their face. If a team can't get up for a opening night home game and give effort then to expect effort from them for rest of the season is wishful thinking.
AUTOADVERT
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
11/7/2004  12:05 AM
Posted by Vmart:

I am so disgusted with this team. I tought they had a chance at the division but after today I can't see this wussy team ever win this division no matter how mediocre the division is. They will be lucky to get to the playoffs. This team officially sucks. The only good thing about the Knicks is Sweetney and Ariza and the rest is a bunch of garbage and yes it includes Marbury. I have never been this upset about any loss like this. The hype and all that was there. They fall flat on their face. If a team can't get up for a opening night home game and give effort then to expect effort from them for rest of the season is wishful thinking.

I..... sadly.... agree.

Knicks_Fan
Knicksfan
USA
11/7/2004  12:11 AM
If you didn't like to read the papers after the opening loss, just imagine how ugly tomorrow's articles will be! No D, shaky O, No frontline, no Division title, no playoffs, no coach, no hope, no way to make trades...

Knicks?
Knicks_Fan
Knicksfan
USA
11/7/2004  1:18 AM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
Knicks_Fan
Bobby
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #408
USA
11/7/2004  1:31 AM
Posted by Knicksfan:

If you didn't like to read the papers after the opening loss, just imagine how ugly tomorrow's articles will be! No D, shaky O, No frontline, no Division title, no playoffs, no coach, no hope, no way to make trades...

Knicks?

you forgot one no heart
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
11/7/2004  8:29 AM
Posted by timmyTtop:

van horn looked great tonight. 14 boards 22 pts. tim cant even grab down half the boards on a good night. big mistake on isiah's part. i am really starting to believe the rumors that he's rascist.

Oh god, let's not go down this path again. What's gonna happen when TT has a great game and KVH stinks it up. They are both inconsistant players and it is guaranteed to happen.
MaTT4281
USA
11/7/2004  8:31 AM
Comeon guys, this loss was humilating, but you are all acting like this one cost us the remaining 80 games. You're all fans, have some faith here.
nykdunk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #570
USA
11/7/2004  9:03 AM
I'll start showing faith when the team starts trying. Until then, this is pathetic. It wasn't the blowout that irked me...everyone has a stinker once in a while. It was the complete and utter lack of effort that this group of bums exhibited. This is NY. Other than the Yankees, this city doesn't really have a history of winning. Instead it has a history of a team where all players play with heart, fire, and passion. This team, I'm sorry, is not currently a NY team. Not with the soft group of players, and certainly not with the soft coach in charge.

[Edited by - nykdunk on 11/07/2004 09:08:16]
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
11/7/2004  9:05 AM
Posted by MaTT4281:

Comeon guys, this loss was humilating, but you are all acting like this one cost us the remaining 80 games. You're all fans, have some faith here.

Perhaps, but this game confirmed all our fears: that our back court will not make up for our terrible front court. And TT is still all talk.
Knicksfan
USA
11/7/2004  10:23 AM
Posted by Bobby:
Posted by Knicksfan:

Knicks?

you forgot one no heart

True! And that's the worst!
Knicks_Fan
Knicksfan
USA
11/7/2004  10:36 AM
Its just game number two, but the blowout, the effort, the boxscore, under the circumstances of a home opener at the Garden, with all that hope placed on them to be a very good team, to make something different than last seasons and start winning, to show that they really want to please the fans and win... This was supposed to be a great night. They were supposed to win, but if it didn't happen, at least they should've tried their hardest! To read what TT had to say after the game!? To think that some are not ashamed of how they played yesterday!? If on the road they have to play good, at home they have to leave everything in the court! The game was insulting and they deserve every booooo, every loss of faith, every critic after the pathetic play against a team in the Atlantic Div. To come back from this loss they have to win their next games, including the tough ones against the West, if they wanna show anything. After that we can talk about NY being something. After last nights game, they didn't even show they belong to play at the Garden. It was just one game, but it said so much about this team because of the circumstances. NO HEART!

TRADE TT!!!!!!
Knicks_Fan
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
11/7/2004  11:03 AM
hey all. went to the game last night and left, how should i say, dissapointed.

my thoughts on the game:

1. not a good way to open the season. i think everyone who had any type of optimism for this team is seriously re-thinking those 45+ win predictions.

2. it seemed that they had NO TYPE of offensive plan. they clearly need to establish some sort of post presence early - be it tim, sweets, or vin (our only 3 post players). now last night, you could see that tim could not post up pierce and they NEVER go to sweets until the 4th quarter.

3. nothing new to say that hasn't beed said before but you could not take anything good from that game. nothing at all.

my conclusions:

1. not having penny and with h20 out show how we have no type of depth in the backcourt.

2. with the way our offensive scheme works (not going to the post early), if marbury, tim, or jc aren't hitting, then we're getting blown out.

3. our defense is scary bad. i mean scary bad.

4. do you see how aggressive sweets is when he gets the ball in the 4th quarter? ok, it was against their scrubs but he needs to get the ball early in the game to establish some sort of low post presence. he's the only one that can really do that AND HE GETS TO THE F'N LINE!!! as i was watching our offense, when we inbound or get a rebound and come down court, tim and sweets immediately go and setup down low and put their hand up for the ball. but they don't get it and then they go into a high pick offense trying to setup jc or marbury or tim from the perimeter. i don't get it. work it inside out. hey, if sweets scrubs it up, at least we know he can't handle it against the starters.

5. ariza is PURE energy. he needs to work on that jumper. i can't think of two players any more frustrating to watch than tim or kvh. but pretty much EVERYBODY took the night off yesterday. steph had 4 assists in the first 5 minutes of the game and finished with 4 assists.

MaTT4281
USA
11/7/2004  11:12 AM
I think it may be time to put an end to this thread. It would be the healthiest thing for everyone involved if they could just get over this loss. It's Sunday, watch some football, drink a beer, go to church, whatever you people do.
We have some opportunites to come back in the next few games. Just gotta keep looking forward.
Knicksfan
USA
11/7/2004  11:24 AM
Posted by MaTT4281:

I think it may be time to put an end to this thread. It would be the healthiest thing for everyone involved if they could just get over this loss. It's Sunday, watch some football, drink a beer, go to church, whatever you people do.
We have some opportunites to come back in the next few games. Just gotta keep looking forward.

...just like last season. Optimism will come back because we are fans. Its tough to wait another 2 days for next game because everyone here wants NY to win their next 2 desperately after this game. As fans, we will always keep looking forward, expecting the best. Its been that way in past seasons. Optimism, the team losses, we kill them with critics, and then we expect the best for the next game. You know what I would love for a change: MY TEAM STARTING TO WIN SO MY OPTIMISIM IS BACKED UP!

I want reasons for this optimism and yesterday wasn't a good step. Please, Knicks, we believe in you as the fans we are! Start giving us reasons to keep that faith! I want results, no more hype!

GO KNICKS!!!!
Knicks_Fan
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
11/7/2004  8:56 PM
Posted by MaTT4281:

Damn football teams screwed us too.
MaTT4281
USA
11/7/2004  9:01 PM
Posted by Vmart:

Damn football teams screwed us too.

Hah I know, I somewhat regret bringing that up right now. Big Blue is 5-3, still better than what I originally expected thru 8 games.
Official Knicks vs. CelticsThread (11/6)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy