[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Official Knicks vs. CelticsThread (11/6)
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/6/2004  9:50 PM
Yikes. That's all I have to say.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/6/2004  9:54 PM
After 10 games (preseason and reg season), TT looks worse than he did last year. Maybe he's just in a slump. I wonder if he's having back problems still and just hiding it. He's always been inconsistent but he usually isn't this bad.
SKY
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #687
USA
11/6/2004  9:55 PM
I bet no one picked NY to lose by 30+points in Gamepicker...

Sweetney needs to start at PF, with KT at C. Once Penny is ok to play, put Moochy on IL, activate Sundov.

It's sad to think that we could've used Mutombo badly...

This hurts.
SKY
Member: #687
USA
11/6/2004  9:58 PM
Oh, if the team continues to play this awful over the next 10 games, replace Lenny with Aguire. I wouldn't mind Isiah as well.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/6/2004  10:00 PM
well i think if you look objectively at it, those three pre-season mega blowouts were a big red flag. its not about losing by 7 its getting destroyed. now thats 4 times in 10 games we were down by 30 points. marbury is a great player, but you dont build a team around a guy who plays porous defense and cant rebound. Thats why his teams never won, because the teams have been built around him. atleast a PG like Wade can play two way ball and shut down the head of the opponent -think he looks all-pro? were lebron james and carmello the best in the draft last year very questionable.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2004110627

what to say about where we are? try to play some defense and box out next game and well talk.

even sweetney while he made some shots, he did it against scrubs who also worked him a bit on the other end.

i dont know but a good team should NOT lose by 30 at home on opening night.
RIP Crushalot😞
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
11/6/2004  10:01 PM
Gotta shake off this loss. To make another baseball analogy, even the Yankees lost a game 22-0. These kinda games don't mean anything. Still have 3 more games to get back at Boston.

I still feel it was a mistake to bring in Shandon. Minutes would have been better spent on Ariza, even though at that point, the loss was inevitable.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
11/6/2004  10:05 PM
I can almost tell you this much, after 10 games if the Knicks are not at least at .500, look for Isiah to pull the plugg on Lenny. However, I don't believe that it will get through all of that, Lenny will make the adjustments by replacing Naser by Kurt at center and plays Sweetney as the starting PF. aS for TT, I don't know what his problems are, but he better wakeup, because Isiah will not tolorate that type of performance from him. TIM THOMAS F 25 3-9 0-1 0-0 0 2 2 1 3 0 4 2 6, 25 minutes and this cat didn't go to the line once. Folks, this dude has proved to me that he doesn't understand the game of basketball yet.
The true Knickabocker..........
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
11/6/2004  10:10 PM
Kurt really pissed me off tonight. He just made so many bad plays, no more excuses. I know no one is going to blame Kurt for the loss, but he looked pretty bad out there. Sweets should get a shot at starting.

Our starters showed no heart whatsoever. Ever since the tipoff, there was no defensive intensity at all which is pathetic considering it was our home opener. We really could've used a win here with a difficult roadtrip coming up soon. Hopefully, we play well against Philly on Tuesday.

[Edited by - s3231 on 11/06/2004 22:11:37]
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
11/6/2004  10:10 PM
.......do i hear lenny wilken chants?......nice game for ricky "dont lose that number" davis......hahaha
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
11/6/2004  10:17 PM
The knicks did not look good at all, as people feared we need a big man who can play above the rim, and quick... teams can now double and triple our perimeter guys because they feel they can recover to defend big men who don't finish strong around the hoop... I want to put this game behind me but to lose to this team, the celtics who lost their first two home games, and a team we should beat, just irks me... really irks me...

I really think we need to consider either trading TT or moving ariza now into the starting SF spot, I can live with his 19 year old mistakes(hell TT makes just as many 19 year old mistakes) and his lack of shooting, In turn I at least get a guy who can defend and rebound and play with energy...

I got a headache.. where is the tylenol!!
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
11/6/2004  10:17 PM
I would say give him about 10 games to show that he doesn't want the job. If the record is 2/8, can him and replace him with Agwire. I have respect for the guy, but his in-game decisions are questionable. Our next game, if there is not a change in our front-court, it will be interesting to see how Isiah treats that.
The true Knickabocker..........
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
11/6/2004  10:31 PM
Posted by tkf:

The knicks did not look good at all, as people feared we need a big man who can play above the rim, and quick... teams can now double and triple our perimeter guys because they feel they can recover to defend big men who don't finish strong around the hoop... I want to put this game behind me but to lose to this team, the celtics who lost their first two home games, and a team we should beat, just irks me... really irks me...

I really think we need to consider either trading TT or moving ariza now into the starting SF spot, I can live with his 19 year old mistakes(hell TT makes just as many 19 year old mistakes) and his lack of shooting, In turn I at least get a guy who can defend and rebound and play with energy...

I got a headache.. where is the tylenol!!

As much as I would love to get Ariza more minutes right now, we have to stick with TT. Tonight's game was a team loss, everyone played poorly. Plus, if we do give Ariza a ton of minutes, chances are we will not be able to resign him since a lot of teams would probably notice him and offer him more than the MLE. Something really has to be done with the frontcourt or else we are pretty much screwed.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
11/6/2004  10:38 PM
Wow, we've only played two games, and yet the next two game are MUST WINS.
We can't go 0-4 or 1-3 to start off with when 3 of the games were at home vs. Boston, Philly, and Clips.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/6/2004  10:50 PM
calm down now--were in the east. there are only 3 good teams. everyone else has their problems here and there. we still have 80 games to go--we will win one of the next two and someone will be saying that we are a 50 win team going to the conference finals trading for rahim and dalmbart by the trading deadline--it will happen:>)

i was looking hard at our roster and really we have nothing left to trade !

FIRELAYDEN cha cha cha cha cha FIRELAYDEN
RIP Crushalot😞
timmyTtop
Member: #680
11/6/2004  11:25 PM
van horn looked great tonight. 14 boards 22 pts. tim cant even grab down half the boards on a good night. big mistake on isiah's part. i am really starting to believe the rumors that he's rascist.
vdfebduderocks
Member: #752
11/6/2004  11:27 PM
he didn't fit the "athletic" part of our Knick system. but, Isiah probably forgot about the old Knick days where DEFENSE IS THE PRIORITY. Isiah, look back then with bruisers like Oakley, Ewing, Ward, and the Gundy days. Maybe it's the curse of Jeff Van Gundy. we should have re-signed him. what a fool of ourselves
timmyTtop
11/6/2004  11:37 PM
Posted by vdfebduderocks:

he didn't fit the "athletic" part of our Knick system. but, Isiah probably forgot about the old Knick days where DEFENSE IS THE PRIORITY. Isiah, look back then with bruisers like Oakley, Ewing, Ward, and the Gundy days. Maybe it's the curse of Jeff Van Gundy. we should have re-signed him. what a fool of ourselves

he resigned cuz we didnt have heart. and i agee with him. we didnt have heart so instead of him looking bad, he took a pay cut to be a sports announcer on TNT and now has the great job coaching in houston and watching Tmac and Yao develop into superstars.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
11/6/2004  11:40 PM
I was so happy about what was going to happen today: Marbury playing his first NY opener, Craw having a great game backing up all the things he said about The Great Garden, Sweetney having a big game and Ariza flying for great dunks. I wanted to see it badly but unfortunately, I thought, I had to go out and the game wasn't going to ve televised here anyway. I had it in my mind all night long. After doing what I had to do, I was really pumped up, expecting great news considering that this is an exciting, different Knicks team. One negative thought crossed my mind, bringing back bad memories, scaring me. But I knew this was a new team, and I was going to see different results in the scoreboard at Yahoo. I even wanted us to make the headline of the site. And we did...

F!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What the $#@& happened?!? Why can't I have a reason to be happy about this team this early? The same thing all over again! The same feeling from last season! Again 0-2, losing a very winnable game. Well, not losing because to lose you have to play. What the hell happened?!? Is this just the same team with different names? How can they not play defense, not play at all with pasion, in the home opener of your #&@^!$* season!? Trade that pathetic TT and the embarassing frontline, if you can call it that way! How can you lose your opener, and by so much to a team you must defeat?!

Its been really tough to be a New York sports fan lately! Football is great, but don't even tell me that there is a team called the Yankees. And now this! Same $#!+ all over again! Excuse me today but I was really so excited about this game. And to think that they didn't even try! F*** them!!!!
Knicks_Fan
vdfebduderocks
Member: #752
11/6/2004  11:40 PM
Stupid Dolan and Layden. Because you guys traded Ewing and draft picks for softies, we're losing. good job!
timmyTtop
11/6/2004  11:59 PM
we better blow out philly and the clips. marbury, crawford, TT, nazr, get ur ****in **** together. SWEET's the only one who really came tonight to play ball.
Official Knicks vs. CelticsThread (11/6)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy