[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Official Knicks vs. CelticsThread (11/6)
Author Thread
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
11/5/2004  3:28 PM
Damn....it has been too long between games.

Game time tomarrow is 7:30 PM. MSG.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
AUTOADVERT
vdfebduderocks
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #752
11/5/2004  4:23 PM
they shall rebound from last game and win this one by at least 10 at home. the crowd will be excited the whole game from longe range 3s and dunks from Ariza This is not a hard matchup. Pierce can be stopped. GP can be stopped. Lafrentz is soft and our D can stop Blount. Ariza, Crawford, and all the new Knicks will shine. Final Score: 99-85
Matchups:
Crawford vs. Glove
: Marbury guards Pierce and Crawford burns out Payton with his speed. crawford will score at least 20, have a few steals, a couple 3s and some fastbreak points. GP gets about 10 pts and a lot of TOs

Marbs vs. The Truth : Pierce will score his usual 20, but he will get rebounds and assists and lead the team while getting to the line often, while playing adequate D. however, he will force bad shots and cause TOs. marbs will score 20-25 pts, dish out about 13 asts, shoot 4 3ptrs, pick up a few steals, and get to the line.

TNT vs. Ricky Davis

: Both are erratic defenders and offensive players, they are streaky. Ricky's stats show he scores in double figures for two straight games , and then scores in single digits the next 2. In the last 2 games, he had 12 and 14 pts. respectively (not counting today's game). anyway, he'll score in single digits where TT will have a quiet 14 pt.s, either 1 3-ptr, a fast break opportunity, and a few foulshots and a few rebounds and maybe 1 block (the fans hope for those stats)

Lafrentz vs. Mohammed

: Soft Matchup, except LaFrentz blocks shots and gets injured more. expect a soft game for both. Each will have about 7-8 points, 8 rebounds for Mohammed while Lafrentz will have about 5, but he will block a few shots, while Mohammed will block none, but he will have a dunk or two. They will get to the foul line and shoot average. Make some, miss some

Blount vs. Crazy eyed KT

: each will have an underrated game. Blount will score 14 pts, grab 7 boards , and block a shot. KT, on the other hand, will have 16 pts, 9 rebounds (not 15 like before), a few offensive boards, a steal, a block, and a few assists while going to the line 6 times.

The Sweetney Factor:: he will score 10 pts. again or more, get to the line about 6 times or more, grab 8-9 rebounds (4-6 offensive), 2 dunks, a steal and a great game today.

The Trevor Ariza Watch:: Watch out Boston, Ariza is back home. Stay away from him as he may dunk over Lafrentz or Blount. He will score 10 points (3 dunks with 1 putback dunk, a jumper and a few foulshots.

[Edited by - vdfebduderocks on 11/05/2004 16:25:10]
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
11/5/2004  4:41 PM
I know, it has been way too long. Basically a game every three days.

Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday

Oh well, it's the season, it's better than nothing.

I always love NY/Boston games. Knicks taking this game with a score of 102-94.

[Edited by - MaTT4281 on 11/05/2004 16:42:12]
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/5/2004  7:20 PM
Knicks must win this one.....cuz they should win.

They can't have a break down.

If they come out and play as hard as they did against the T-Wolves then they will win......

I will be pissed if they don't win.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
taps
Member: #768
USA
11/5/2004  9:57 PM
It was nice there were able to compete with Minnesota but now I need a win.

We must establish our home court and set a message to the Celtics that they will not win in our house. It will be a competive game and the rest of the season with the Celtics will be too.

If we played the way we did the last game offensively and play some team defense then I'm confident with the win.

"White people are crazy and they sho nuff not from Earth"
MaRbUrYiSaKnIcK
Member: #737
USA
11/5/2004  10:01 PM
Posted by taps:

It was nice there were able to compete with Minnesota but now I need a win.

We must establish our home court and set a message to the Celtics that they will not win in our house. It will be a competive game and the rest of the season with the Celtics will be too.

If we played the way we did the last game offensively and play some team defense then I'm confident with the win.

like isiah said, we need an identity. Let it start here. And first we need more home court wins!!

[Edited by - marburyisaknick on 11/05/2004 22:02:17]
Marbury is finally home at MSG!
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/5/2004  10:21 PM
Celtics played two tough games

+18 against Philly 3rd Q and lost at home

tonight up 4th Q at Indiana and lost.

they should be tired, they were outrebounded by 20

it appears as if they are having a problem with the rotation

i think after tonight Boston is going to change up its 4-5 rotation-sitting walter McCarty and playing Jefferson more minutes and getting perkins invloved. Lafrentz is limited to pain tolerance, so it may be difficult going more than 20 B-b

Knicks have to win this game. I feel strongly we will win this game +10

RIP Crushalot😞
MaRbUrYiSaKnIcK
Member: #737
USA
11/5/2004  11:12 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

Celtics played two tough games

+18 against Philly 3rd Q and lost at home

tonight up 4th Q at Indiana and lost.

they should be tired, they were outrebounded by 20

it appears as if they are having a problem with the rotation

i think after tonight Boston is going to change up its 4-5 rotation-sitting walter McCarty and playing Jefferson more minutes and getting perkins invloved. Lafrentz is limited to pain tolerance, so it may be difficult going more than 20 B-b

Knicks have to win this game. I feel strongly we will win this game +10

If netz win this in overtime, YEAH THEY HAVE TO WIN IT!!
Marbury is finally home at MSG!
Elite
Alba Posts: 23
Member: #510

11/6/2004  12:01 AM
i havent felt this confident in a W in YEAAARS hahahaha... we're takin this one baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MaTT4281
USA
11/6/2004  6:17 AM
13 hours til game time. Too long.
MaTT4281
USA
11/6/2004  7:09 AM
REVVED-UP KNICKS SET TO ROCK GARDEN

By MARC BERMAN

November 6, 2004 -- The Knicks unveil their new brand of athletic basketball tonight in their home opener at the sold-out Garden against the Celtics. The question is whether they unveil a new brand of winning basketball.
Despite an aesthetically successful season opener, led by artistic displays by Stephon Marbury and Jamal Crawford, the 0-1 Knicks still lost in Minnesota. As their new young stud Crawford said, "I think we're as good a backcourt as there is in the NBA. But it doesn't matter if you post nice numbers if you don't win."

Still, the Garden will be alive with possibilities tonight, as fans view their fastbreaking, dunk-pleasing club. The tower of the Empire State Building last night was aglow in orange and blue — the Knicks' colors — and again will be tonight to salute a team that's a consensus choice to win the weakened Atlantic Division.

Crawford understands the World's Most Famous Arena, understands that as much as the fans want a win, the street-smart, Saturday-night Broadway crowd also likes a good show.

The engaging Crawford was chosen to ring in the home season with an introductory speech before tip-off.

"They like that," Crawford said of the Knicks' new razzle-dazzle. "They appreciate basketball. I remember playing last year, with Chicago, I would do something, I'd hear 'ooohs' even when I'm on the opposite team. Now I'm one of their own. There'll be a connection."

Crawford, who has a little Earl Monroe in him, had his best two games of preseason at the Garden, going for 28 and 22 points.

"It's an excitement," said the Seattle native, who scored 22 points in his debut but went scoreless the final 19 minutes. "When we're in other arenas, like we were in Minnesota, it's not the same feeling. It's lights, camera, action [here]. The lights are brighter. The lights aren't on the crowd, just on the court. It's all set up. The stage is there for you."

Lenny Wilkens hopes Crawford doesn't try to do too much, as he still battles Poor Shot Selection Disease. "The thing kind of good and bad about me is I can make difficult shots," Crawford said. "So when I miss them, it's like, oh, he took a bad one. [Wilkens] is staying on me. I want him to stay on me. I want to get better at that."

Marbury, Crawford and rookie sensation Trevor Ariza give the Knicks their athletic mojo. And second-year forward Michael Sweetney is a fan favorite because of his relentless rebounding. Knick fans seem genuinely excited about Isiah Thomas's remodeling.

"I hope so," Wilkens said. "I thought they were [excited] when we played Dallas at home [in preseason] and they had a glimmer to see. The thing I would tell [the fans], we still have a ways to go. We're not there yet. But you can see what the potential is and that's exciting."

http://www.nypost.com/sports/31797.htm

[Edited by - MaTT4281 on 11/06/2004 07:09:30]
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/6/2004  8:05 AM
That article is just hype....I'm sick of the hype articles....just as quick as they are to hype up the Knicks saying the same things in every paper since Crawford was signed.......they will eventually bash them just the same. Propaganda on the sports level.

Knicks just can't let Bostons interior guys go crazy. The have some proven guys over there With LaFrentz, Blount, Googs, and Al Jefferson.

Al Jefferson to me is a guy the Knicks simply can't mess with. Googs could probably start for the Knicks......

I hope Isiah realizes this flaw in the team and makes an attempt to correct it soon. I'm sure he will.

Boston should be a hard fought win......Don't get it twisted guys Boston is a good team.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/6/2004  1:09 PM
Posted by Elite:

i havent felt this confident in a W in YEAAARS hahahaha... we're takin this one baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im a little worried now. To many people understimating the opponent with to much GUARNTEE of a win. I know Boston is playing B-B and this is our home opener, but I also acknowledge that Boston has played well and are going to be PEOD. If they do play their young bigs more time to go along with Blount and Lafrentz[all bigger than any knicks] can they work the paint on us?
RIP Crushalot😞
MaTT4281
USA
11/6/2004  1:27 PM
6 more hours.

Pic from MSGnetwork.com
mintyfreshness33
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #586
USA
11/6/2004  2:04 PM
5 more hrs
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
11/6/2004  3:02 PM
Posted by MaTT4281:

6 more hours.

Pic from MSGnetwork.com

Nice...
Knicks_Fan
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
11/6/2004  4:10 PM
Posted by MaTT4281:

REVVED-UP KNICKS SET TO ROCK GARDEN

By MARC BERMAN

Crawford, who has a little Earl Monroe in him, had his best two games of preseason at the Garden, going for 28 and 22 points.

[Edited by - MaTT4281 on 11/06/2004 07:09:30]

Nalod, you had to like that line.
Knicksfan
USA
11/6/2004  4:29 PM
3 more hours
Knicks_Fan
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/6/2004  4:35 PM
Posted by Knicksfan:

3 more hours

beer.... check
chips... check
dip..... check

I am officially ready to watch the home opener. Starting to get excited. Man, 2 days in between games IS too much.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knicksfan
USA
11/6/2004  5:33 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by Knicksfan:

3 more hours

beer.... check
chips... check
dip..... check

I am officially ready to watch the home opener. Starting to get excited. Man, 2 days in between games IS too much.

Yeah! Some teams are playing their fourth game tonight and we are going for just the second! And the bad thing is that the same happens for the third game! Another 2 days

Start the game already!
Knicks_Fan
Official Knicks vs. CelticsThread (11/6)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy