[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GameThread: Knicks right back to it, off to Chicago to take on the Bulls 8pm
Author Thread
Clean
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #743
11/22/2021  1:23 PM
martin wrote:I don't know what the play or set it is called, but I think towards the beginning of the 3rd Kemba had two high, big man picks above the top of the key. On 2 consecutive plays, Kemba ran PnR and the Knicks scored on both possessions, once a kick out to RJ on baseline 3 and Kemba scored layup on another. And then they didn't run it again, mostly I think Randle just posted up and went one on one.

I don't even know why that happens.

Exactly! What happened to all those plays that they were running in the preseason and the first 6 games(until the 4th quarter). The Offense looked modern and amazing with ball movement and player movement. It seems like the longer the season has gone on the more ISO's has taken over. I will never like a ISO heavy system. We don't even defend anymore so what is there for me to like about the team in its current state?

AUTOADVERT
Clean
Member: #743
11/22/2021  1:51 PM

ISO Heavy offense is the worst kind. Especially with someone as inefficient as Randle. His good games are not even good games because it takes touches from everyone else and we wonder why everyone in the starting lineup has been cold most of the season. That is why I want to see 2 games with the starters playing without Randle and see how that changes the dynamic and if they player better.

smackeddog
Member: #883
11/22/2021  2:07 PM
martin wrote:I don't know what the play or set it is called, but I think towards the beginning of the 3rd Kemba had two high, big man picks above the top of the key. On 2 consecutive plays, Kemba ran PnR and the Knicks scored on both possessions, once a kick out to RJ on baseline 3 and Kemba scored layup on another. And then they didn't run it again, mostly I think Randle just posted up and went one on one.

I don't even know why that happens.

I don't get why we employed all these analytic guys and have one of the biggest analytic teams now, if we're just going to dump the ball to Randle regardless of what lineups or sets are effective. I mean our coaching and video team are all smart people, they must see all this stuff, it's just mind boggling sometimes.

smackeddog
11/22/2021  2:09 PM
Clean wrote:

ISO Heavy offense is the worst kind. Especially with someone as inefficient as Randle. His good games are not even good games because it takes touches from everyone else and we wonder why everyone in the starting lineup has been cold most of the season. That is why I want to see 2 games with the starters playing without Randle and see how that changes the dynamic and if they player better.

I worry we're going to end up with Randle playing the role of Melo, where he still wanted to be the main guy and iso everything, but wasn't actually good enough to carry the team unless he got on one of his playing-out-of his mind streaks the always spluttered out once the playoffs started.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/22/2021  2:53 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Clean wrote:

I worry we're going to end up with Randle playing the role of Melo, where he still wanted to be the main guy and iso everything, but wasn't actually good enough to carry the team unless he got on one of his playing-out-of his mind streaks the always spluttered out once the playoffs started.

especially when you know Randle fancies himself from the Kobe tree of all stars... Here's the thing, I am ok with them figuring this out. Thibs isnt going to let his dream job live and die by Randle's shot selection and efficiency. I expect Thibs and Randle to be accountable to what isnt working and what is.

They are def struggling but I dont see anything happening that cant be fixed or get better, and anything that is bad hasnt been happening for very long. There's a lot of time.... it will be interesting if the FO is patient or aggressive.

What's interesting is how we are 1 weird season removed from being one of the worst teams in the league and our fans are impatient the season hasnt started with a clear path to 50 wins.

I just really hope its not RJ/Obi/IQ for Liliard or some ****.

I would be open to an Ayton trade, although Im not sure what that would look like

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
smackeddog
11/22/2021  3:22 PM
fishmike wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Clean wrote:

especially when you know Randle fancies himself from the Kobe tree of all stars... Here's the thing, I am ok with them figuring this out. Thibs isnt going to let his dream job live and die by Randle's shot selection and efficiency. I expect Thibs and Randle to be accountable to what isnt working and what is.

They are def struggling but I dont see anything happening that cant be fixed or get better, and anything that is bad hasnt been happening for very long. There's a lot of time.... it will be interesting if the FO is patient or aggressive.

What's interesting is how we are 1 weird season removed from being one of the worst teams in the league and our fans are impatient the season hasnt started with a clear path to 50 wins.

I would be open to an Ayton trade, although Im not sure what that would look like

I’ve been thinking about an Ayton trade too- I think maybe the suns would probably do an Ayton for Towns swap first, but I’m guessing the starting point of a Knicks trade would be Mitch or Noel plus Toppin, Grimes, picks, which I’d probably do, though it still leaves the never ending problem of starting PG who could maximise the teams talent

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/22/2021  7:08 PM
smackeddog wrote:
fishmike wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Clean wrote:

I’ve been thinking about an Ayton trade too- I think maybe the suns would probably do an Ayton for Towns swap first, but I’m guessing the starting point of a Knicks trade would be Mitch or Noel plus Toppin, Grimes, picks, which I’d probably do, though it still leaves the never ending problem of starting PG who could maximise the teams talent

Yep, Ayton is an upgrade, no doubt. But I'm not sure how he helps. Randle and Kemba aren't going to unlock him and he bumps into many of the areas that Randle already camps out on the court. Also, the Knicks would have to give up a lot picks. Maybe IQ too.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

11/22/2021  8:38 PM
Philc1 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:Wow, we are such a mess. The off-season acquisitions sure look like a bust in more ways that one, as not only are they not performing, but they seem to be disrupting the chemistry achieved last season.

This team is a joke on defense, and doesn’t seem to have a plan that can consistently get offense, especially from the starting unit.

I was so pumped about our team last season, I made a trip to NY to see them live and it was amazing. Now, with expectations and an improved squad, at least on paper, this team is very uninspiring. Being over .500 has never felt so crappy.

They won't be over .500 for long. I'm expecting 8 straight losses. Good news for the Knicks with Lebron being likley suspended they might have a shot to win the Laker game.

You think Silver is going to suspend his supervisor Lebron James?

Suspended 1 game. We may actually win that one now.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/22/2021  8:43 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:Wow, we are such a mess. The off-season acquisitions sure look like a bust in more ways that one, as not only are they not performing, but they seem to be disrupting the chemistry achieved last season.

This team is a joke on defense, and doesn’t seem to have a plan that can consistently get offense, especially from the starting unit.

I was so pumped about our team last season, I made a trip to NY to see them live and it was amazing. Now, with expectations and an improved squad, at least on paper, this team is very uninspiring. Being over .500 has never felt so crappy.

They won't be over .500 for long. I'm expecting 8 straight losses. Good news for the Knicks with Lebron being likley suspended they might have a shot to win the Laker game.

You think Silver is going to suspend his supervisor Lebron James?

Suspended 1 game. We may actually win that one now.

Yeah, if we get survive the incoming 9-11 three point from THT or Malik Monk. Maybe both
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
GameThread: Knicks right back to it, off to Chicago to take on the Bulls 8pm

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy