GameThread: Knicks host Pacers, 730
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/16/2021  7:06 AM
Be happy the 2nd unit brings it.

Even Nalod bethinking “Wolves not winning…….How do we get KAT here back with Thibs? He is more mature now”.
Then I go to bed thinking “What do I know”?

AUTOADVERT
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

11/16/2021  8:26 AM
Knixkik wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
Kemet wrote:
BillTheButcher wrote:IQ figuring it out , love to see it .....

Quickley's a 24 min or more player .. matter fact the way the 2nd unit lineup been pushing the ball for two seasons and trapping, they all are 24 min players. Recall, the 2nd unit lineup won our postseason game.
Thibs was wrong for giving IQ & Toppin 12 or 15 min a game this season.

IQ needs 23-28 minutes a night coming off the bench

Quickley has to be a league leader in 3pointers that force opposing coaches to call timeouts. He just hits momentum changing shots. His impact on the game will always go beyond raw stats or analytics. I’m still holding out hope that he’s the future at PG, but for now he’s the big shot maker that can completely change the flow of a game at any given time.

His style of play is also infectious.

Philc1

11/16/2021  8:28 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
Philc1 wrote:Knicks were lucky to win this game. Pacers shot horribly. Still, a W is a W

They look like ****. I was looking forward to this season but its just going to be a slightly better than .500 team. We have no room to get better either. Basically locked into this roster for another 2 seasons.

We overachieved last season in a strange year. Our roster is coming back down to earth a little this year but I think we should still be a 6th seed

Just stay competitive, stop being the Jets of the NBA, eventually a superstar will come here to try to win in a big market as opposed to some podunk western conference market no one cares about

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/16/2021  8:43 AM
Rose resigned here. He wants to be here.
Randle, all NBA player resigned here. HE wants to be here.
Kemba signed here. He wants to be there.
Fourier and Norlens had choices. They wanted in. For a change we not talking about knicks paying more than others.
For 6 games Fournier was a godsend? Now we have some issues to iron out.
Saviors are few and far between.
We have trade capital to make a deal. We have vets on tradable contracts if need be.
To make a decent trade Knicks have to satisfy another teams needs and it only gets done if it aligns with ours.
GSW will come down to earth as the have played an easy schedule. They get Wiseman and Klay back. Klay might not be Klay for a while though. Wiseman is a role player. I think Otto Porter is done for season with injury?
GSW has highest payroll and trade capital to make a deal for a finishing piece. They need to guard Jokic and AD if they want to come out of the west. Wiseman needs to fill that.
I don’t know what they need because the seaosn is still fresh.

IF we not “Jelling” is it the chemistry, schematics or new players? Does a trade help that in reality or on paper?

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
11/16/2021  8:59 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
Philc1 wrote:Knicks were lucky to win this game. Pacers shot horribly. Still, a W is a W

They look like ****. I was looking forward to this season but its just going to be a slightly better than .500 team. We have no room to get better either. Basically locked into this roster for another 2 seasons.

no room to get better???

i believe barrett, obi, quickly, grimes, mcbride and sims are all going to get better and be better additions to our roster. it's a matter of deploying them.

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
11/16/2021  9:27 AM
Marv wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

no room to get better???

i believe barrett, obi, quickly, grimes, mcbride and sims are all going to get better and be better additions to our roster. it's a matter of deploying them.

I also think Randle and Mitch will play better.
Randle because he is a serious cat and Thibs will help him play smarter.
Mitch because he will get into better shape, still not fully back after injury.
And we will get Nerlens back.
There is upside.

Philc1

11/16/2021  9:41 AM
Panos wrote:
Marv wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

no room to get better???

There is upside.

Mitch needs to get healthy. He should take a month off

SergioNYK
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #333
USA
11/16/2021  9:42 AM
This game had a 90s feel. Love a good 'ol defensive struggle but the refs were awful. They have been pretty bad (what else is new?) the entire season but they missed so many blatant fouls. I totally understand and agree with the rules changes in limiting those players who hunt fouls but I think they went over the line last night and they have gone over the line in several games I've seen. Honestly the game was fine and the only thing they needed to eliminate were those hunt fouls guys like Trae Young and Harden were doing, which was ruining the game.

Anyway, good win last night to stop the bleeding. We needed that one. Indiana is going to be one of those teams we are going to be fighting for those last spots in the Playoffs to avoid the play-in games. The defensive energy and effort and gameplan was A+. To hold any team to just 10 points in the 4th is unheard of. You can clearly see the effort in defending the three has picked up. The Pacers killed us from three last game and we held them to 8/37 last night and Myles, who had 7 threes in he first game, was held to 3 points on 1/4 from three. If we defend like that most games, we will be fine.

Tip your hat to IQ. He's been playing great after a slow start! I knew he would pick it up! Love how hard and with the passion he plays! The game changes and just has a different feel when he, Obi, Burks and Rose come into the game. As frustrating as the starters have been, I wouldn't touch or change anything. The bench is too valuable as this unit.

Randle and RJ need to pick it up offensively. We can't afford to have of them in shooting funks. They are both getting great shots so I'm confident they will start falling. Loved once again how aggressive Kemba came out. He's here to score. Fournier is also in a slump but he's getting good shots.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/16/2021  10:29 AM
Jmpasq wrote:

Great... check back in after then ya phuckin cry baby.

Great coaching by Thibs. Pulls all the right strings, finishes with the right line up. Ball was moving well, Knicks just missed a ton of open 3s. Defense was better.

Despite what the snowflake Knick fans say and think a rotation with RJ(21), Mitch (23), IQ(22) and Obi (23) most certainly has a ton of upside and growth potential. I expect to see the same patience that earned Thibs COY this year and we are seeing with guys like IQ having a big bounce back after slow start.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/16/2021  11:25 AM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/16/2021  11:26 AM
THREAD

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/16/2021  11:53 AM
ToddTT wrote:Rebecca prego?

martin?

NYKBocker
USA
11/16/2021  11:55 AM

I guess I am watching with my Knick colored glasses. I thought Pacers missed their shots because we contested everything. It ain't luck. It was hard work.

MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
11/16/2021  12:20 PM
Starters are still a work in progress. Bench continues to be phenomenal.

Thibs was on the money last night. He recognized that Kemba was getting abused on D even while he was hot from the field. Swapped to Rose before we dug ourselves another hole.

That challenge early in the 4th was a BIG momentum saver. Really would have been a gut punch on our rally.

Loved that he went with the IQ/Burks backcourt when getting Rose a breather. Also loved that he broke up the units and only brought back Randle/RJ to close things out with Rose/Taj/Quick (who was electric last night!)

RJ has to right the ship - but I have no doubt he will. IQ is your reminder to be patient and weather the storm. A couple big threes from RJ when we needed them - hopefully this is something that gets him going again.

Who knew you could score 92 points and still win in today's NBA?! Indy with 10% FG% in the 4th...that's a Thibodeau defense!

NYKBocker
USA
11/16/2021  12:27 PM
MaTT4281 wrote:Starters are still a work in progress. Bench continues to be phenomenal.

Thibs was on the money last night. He recognized that Kemba was getting abused on D even while he was hot from the field. Swapped to Rose before we dug ourselves another hole.

That challenge early in the 4th was a BIG momentum saver. Really would have been a gut punch on our rally.

Loved that he went with the IQ/Burks backcourt when getting Rose a breather. Also loved that he broke up the units and only brought back Randle/RJ to close things out with Rose/Taj/Quick (who was electric last night!)

RJ has to right the ship - but I have no doubt he will. IQ is your reminder to be patient and weather the storm. A couple big threes from RJ when we needed them - hopefully this is something that gets him going again.

Who knew you could score 92 points and still win in today's NBA?! Indy with 10% FG% in the 4th...that's a Thibodeau defense!

Exactly!

fishmike
USA
11/16/2021  1:24 PM
Panos wrote:
Marv wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

no room to get better???

There is upside.

its unreal... Knicks just won and we have crybaby fans saying "we are what we are"
TPercy
Member: #5748

11/16/2021  4:02 PM
These were the type of games that symbolized us last season. I like to see more :)
The Future is Bright!
fishmike
USA
11/16/2021  4:41 PM
Thibs outcoached Carlisle
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
11/16/2021  5:41 PM
If the starters could just get up to being average or decent and keeping the score close to even, we’ll be in good position with the bench players coming in and beasting like they have been. It’s been really tough seeing them struggle so much, really hope they can turn things around- they’re better than this
Philc1

11/16/2021  8:24 PM
NYKBocker wrote:

I guess I am watching with my Knick colored glasses. I thought Pacers missed their shots because we contested everything. It ain't luck. It was hard work.

True. The defense was much better in this game. A lot of that was a product of IQ and Burks playing more. However, the Pacers bricked some fairly open shots

GameThread: Knicks host Pacers, 730

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy