Frank the French Prince is Ballin’ in Dallas
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/8/2022  11:41 AM
NYKMentality wrote:
Nalod wrote:Little men slamming frank to make them feel good about themselves?

Just like Knicks fans booing Patrick Ewing and Julius Randle to make themselves feel good about themselves and/or you calling posters "little men" in order to make yourself feel better about yourself?

It's all too weird to me.

So we're allowed to boo Julius Randle, criticize a 21 year old R.J. Barrett non stop (include him in trade packages), turn on Mitchell Robinson and throw him away for "Myles Turner", crap all over Alec Burks @ PG, mock Obi Toppin for his 3PT%, trash Kemba Walker and laugh at EF's Defense etc etc.

All of that is, ok, right?

But yet certain types of fans then become butthurt and all because we enjoy making fun and having fun with an absolute BUST in Frank Ntilikina?

It's a little weird to me.

NYK telling Nalod stuff is getting "to weird" holy phuck and happy Saturday people.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

1/8/2022  12:02 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/8/2022  12:21 PM

Slamming? Who is Slamming?

It's a what came first thing. Chicken or the Egg.

Guys still posting about a failed number 8 a year after he is no longer a Knick and claiming he is "Balling"?
Guys tired of said postings for a guy that is no longer a Knick and contributed as much as every 10th man.

So guys slamming? No reason if so. Guys still posting about a guy they were wrong about to make themselves feel better? Guys pointing out the reality?

Wish Frank well. No reason to not. But no reason that we keep posting about a mediocre at best former Knick. But let's stop the "slamming" when guys claiming he was any good won't let it go.
As that is what we do here.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
1/8/2022  12:07 PM
If you disagree with a post why give it life by posting. Once a Knick always a Knick.
HofstraBBall

1/8/2022  12:12 PM
NYKMentality wrote:

Just like Knicks fans booing Patrick Ewing and Julius Randle to make themselves feel good about themselves and/or you calling posters "little men" in order to make yourself feel better about yourself?

So we're allowed to boo Julius Randle, criticize a 21 year old R.J. Barrett non stop (include him in trade packages), turn on Mitchell Robinson and throw him away for "Myles Turner", crap all over Alec Burks @ PG, mock Obi Toppin for his 3PT%, trash Kemba Walker and laugh at EF's Defense etc etc.

But yet certain types of fans then become butthurt and all because we enjoy making fun and having fun with an absolute BUST in Frank Ntilikina?

In what universe does Frank belong in the same mention as Julius and Patrick?

I'm not slamming am I?

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
fwk00
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6048

1/8/2022  12:56 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:

Will note that you and a few others seem intent on s#!tting on Frank and Elf - two long gone little guys who never created any trouble and are now bench players in the NBA. Going after the little guy is like a mean girls thing and not a good look. You want to let off some steam on former Knicks? There’s always KP.

KP!

Don't get me started.

NYKMentality
Member: #4385

1/8/2022  3:13 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:

Guys still posting about a failed number 8 a year after he is no longer a Knick and claiming he is "Balling"?
Guys tired of said postings for a guy that is no longer a Knick and contributed as much as every 10th man.

So guys slamming? No reason if so. Guys still posting about a guy they were wrong about to make themselves feel better? Guys pointing out the reality?

Wish Frank well. No reason to not. But no reason that we keep posting about a mediocre at best former Knick. But let's stop the "slamming" when guys claiming he was any good won't let it go.

Bingo.
Head Shot.
Jackpot.
You just hit the nail on the head.

Frank would no longer be talked about nor even mentioned if not for a Knicks fan actually, um, you know; CREATING A THREAD about him?

Not only was a thread created about Frank (the BUST) but the thread title claimed he was "BALLING" in Dallas.

Thankfully, he's not balling.

Because if he were balling? NY critics would then get their opportunity by screaming bloody murder and straight up attacking both of our Front Office (for getting rid of him) and criticizing coach Thibs (for leaving him on the bench).

No. Frank the bust is not balling and the likes of younger kids such as R.J. Barrett, Immanuel Quickley, Obi Toppin, Mitchell Robinson and even Deuce/Grims have (all) already shown us more talent, more potential and more ability than Frank the Tank ever did.

fwk00

1/8/2022  3:24 PM
NYKMentality wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

Bingo.
Head Shot.
Jackpot.

Frank would no longer be talked about nor even mentioned if not for a Knicks fan actually, um, you know; CREATING A THREAD about him?

Not only was a thread created about Frank (the BUST) but the thread title claimed he was "BALLING" in Dallas.

Because if he were balling? NY critics would then get their opportunity by screaming bloody murder and straight up attacking both of our Front Office (for getting rid of him) and criticizing coach Thibs (for leaving him on the bench).

No. Frank the bust is not balling and the likes of younger kids such as R.J. Barrett, Immanuel Quickley, Obi Toppin, Mitchell Robinson and even Deuce/Grims have (all) already shown us more talent, more potential and more ability than Frank the Tank ever did.

Funny stuff. Every time Frankie steps on the floor he gives his all (can't be said of numerous current Knick darlings). That's why Knicks fans such as myself respect him and continue to follow him.

Great individual, great teammate, still holds great potential. In fact, a role model for kids on how to play the game and conduct your career with dignity and honor.

Come back in three years and lecture me about all these end of the bench upcoming stars you mention.

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

1/8/2022  3:25 PM
NYKM, you're officially a weirdo (not that I am not). You jump on the hill to wave the flag for whomever you decide, and then pee in the gully on whomever you decide. Not sure what the official diagnosis is, but it involves extremes.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/8/2022  3:29 PM
KnickDanger wrote:NYKM, you're officially a weirdo (not that I am not). You jump on the hill to wave the flag for whomever you decide, and then pee in the gully on whomever you decide. Not sure what the official diagnosis is, but it involves extremes.

It definitely involves a lot of caffeine and wasted energy

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
NYKMentality

1/8/2022  4:25 PM
martin wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:NYKM, you're officially a weirdo (not that I am not). You jump on the hill to wave the flag for whomever you decide, and then pee in the gully on whomever you decide. Not sure what the official diagnosis is, but it involves extremes.

Wrong. I don't drink soda, I don't drink coffee and I stay away from caffeine. Type 2 diabetic and I do an awesome job of staying away from sugars and i don't drink alcohol (i do smoke marijuana that makes me feel better) 🤣

I'm just enjoying NYC basketball again after Knicks darkness of 20 years.

I grew up watching and loving Mark Jackson/Derek Harper, John Starks, Anthony Mason, Charles Oakley, Patrick Ewing and oldman Herb Williams alongside of Pat Riley and then later on Charlie Ward/Chris Childs, Allan H20 Houston, Latrell Sprewell, 4PT play Larry LJ Johnson, Marcus Camby and old man Patrick knees on ice Ewing alongside of JVG with playoff rivalries against Chicago/Indiana/Miami.

Basketball is finally fun for me to talk about again but yet this Frank the tank bust "balling" talk is hilarious to me.

NYKMentality

1/8/2022  4:51 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/8/2022  4:55 PM
fwk00 wrote:Funny stuff. Every time Frankie steps on the floor he gives his all (can't be said of numerous current Knick darlings). That's why Knicks fans such as myself respect him and continue to follow him.

Great individual, great teammate, still holds great potential. In fact, a role model for kids on how to play the game and conduct your career with dignity and honor.

Come back in three years and lecture me about all these end of the bench upcoming stars you mention.

You're kidding, right?

If Frank really "gave his all" every time he stepped on the floor I'm pretty sure coach Thibs would've given him more than 9.8 minutes per game and I'm pretty sure he'd be getting more than 15 minutes per game in Dallas (only because of covid protocol minutes).

A role model for kids on how to play the game? With a career FG% of only .367%? If you want your kids to absolutely stink @ shooting? Frank is your guy.

He's a career 5.4 points per game and only averaging 5.1 points per game this year in Dallas. He stinks (and his "Defense" is also overrated by you Frank fan boys).

3 years? Nah. I'll come back in 5 years (it's Frank's 5th season) and I guarantee you that all of R.J. Barrett, Mitchell Robinson, Obi Toppin, Immanuel Quickley, Deuce McBride and Quentin Grimes will all have Player Efficiency Ratings of no worse than 7.9 (because they already, do).

Yes. 5 years later and Frank has a career Player Efficiency Rating of only 7.9 (BUST) which is absolutely horrendous.

Player Efficiency Rating This Year (2021-2022):

Mitchell Robinson = 19.2.
Obi Toppin = 18.9.
Jericho Sims = 14.7.
Kevin Knox = 14.0.
Immanuel Quickley = 12.9.
R.J. Barrett = 12.3.
Frank Ntilikina = 10.4.
Quentin Grimes = 10.1.
Deuce McBride = 8.1.

Congratulations on Frank during his 5th season barely having a better Player Efficiency Rating than two 1st year Rookies in Grimes and McBride? 😅🤮🤣

End of the bench players I've mentioned? Um. Frank has been an end of the bench bust for 5 years running now.

Even team France had him as end of the bench filler during Olympics play.

martin
USA
1/8/2022  5:02 PM
NYKMentality wrote:
martin wrote:

Wrong. I don't drink soda, I don't drink coffee and I stay away from caffeine. Type 2 diabetic and I do an awesome job of staying away from sugars and i don't drink alcohol (i do smoke marijuana that makes me feel better) 🤣

I'm just enjoying NYC basketball again after Knicks darkness of 20 years.

I grew up watching and loving Mark Jackson/Derek Harper, John Starks, Anthony Mason, Charles Oakley, Patrick Ewing and oldman Herb Williams alongside of Pat Riley and then later on Charlie Ward/Chris Childs, Allan H20 Houston, Latrell Sprewell, 4PT play Larry LJ Johnson, Marcus Camby and old man Patrick knees on ice Ewing alongside of JVG with playoff rivalries against Chicago/Indiana/Miami.

Basketball is finally fun for me to talk about again but yet this Frank the tank bust "balling" talk is hilarious to me.

You think when people mention you are hyped up on caffeine it was a literal thing?

NYKMentality

1/8/2022  5:15 PM
martin wrote:You think when people mention you are hyped up on caffeine it was a literal thing?

Hey. Knicks fans booed Patrick Ewing so you never know what NY fans are thinking 😅

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
1/8/2022  8:11 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/8/2022  8:14 PM
Why do you keep taking about booing Pat Ewing? You're like a pitbull that gets something in his teeth and can't let go. Any booing of Ewing is the LAST thing i would remember about him. Sure, there were those that criticized him for not sharing the ball enough, but i don't remember booing being a thing. His teams won games and Patrick always gave his all. He was passionate.
HofstraBBall

1/8/2022  8:30 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/8/2022  8:34 PM
fwk00 wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

Bingo.
Head Shot.
Jackpot.

Funny stuff. Every time Frankie steps on the floor he gives his all (can't be said of numerous current Knick darlings). That's why Knicks fans such as myself respect him and continue to follow him.

So.... you are rooting for our Knicks to fail? Got it.

Why are so many mad that "his ALL" was just not good enough? Nor did his "All" ever lead to consistent play.

Think Nalod hit it on the head. Guys that were unrealistic and wrong are just trying to make themselves feel better.

fwk00

1/8/2022  11:27 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

Bingo.
Head Shot.
Jackpot.

So.... you are rooting for our Knicks to fail? Got it.

I thought you were smarter than this.

My point is that there's a yearly parade of draftees and youth who play on this team, we love 'em, they come and go, and many just GOoooo.

Frankie, for whoever he turns out to be has hung in there for five years, earned every penny of his pay, and will continue to improve. There's always room for a player like Frankie on winning rosters. He's a metaphor for players you want on your team.

So its not about anyone failing. Its about NBA professional gravity. Our youth are fighting odds stacked against them. One dimensional anybody will not stick five years. Too short, too injured, too not-enough will all go away.

Give Frankie a salute. Came from overseas, different language, dysfunctional coaches, insultingly had to caddie for D. Smith, always the best man's best man,...

tip your hat to this kid. I have nothing but respect.

NYKMentality

1/8/2022  11:46 PM
fwk00 wrote:

Frankie, for whoever he turns out to be has hung in there for five years,

Wow. 5 years of bust play.

Eddy Curry lasted for 12 years in this league, do I have the right to say Curry earned every dollar? 😅

Tip my hat to that kid?

Let me ask you a serious question

How many CURRENT NY Knicks players do you "tip your hat off to" and have "NOTHING BUT RESPECT" for?

I'll be waiting.

Can't wait to see your list.

martin
USA
1/9/2022  2:22 AM
NYKMentality wrote:
fwk00 wrote:

Frankie, for whoever he turns out to be has hung in there for five years,

Wow. 5 years of bust play.

Eddy Curry lasted for 12 years in this league, do I have the right to say Curry earned every dollar? 😅

Tip my hat to that kid?

Let me ask you a serious question

How many CURRENT NY Knicks players do you "tip your hat off to" and have "NOTHING BUT RESPECT" for?

I'll be waiting.

Can't wait to see your list.

It's a deep scrape of the bottom of the barrel when you have to bring up Curry into the convo

Try harder

Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

1/9/2022  7:52 AM
NYKMentality wrote:
martin wrote:You think when people mention you are hyped up on caffeine it was a literal thing?

Hey. Knicks fans booed Patrick Ewing so you never know what NY fans are thinking 😅

That’s so the same thing

Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

1/9/2022  7:53 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/9/2022  7:59 AM
Panos wrote:Why do you keep taking about booing Pat Ewing? You're like a pitbull that gets something in his teeth and can't let go. Any booing of Ewing is the LAST thing i would remember about him. Sure, there were those that criticized him for not sharing the ball enough, but i don't remember booing being a thing. His teams won games and Patrick always gave his all. He was passionate.

We also made the playoffs 10 years in a row with Ewing, multiple deep playoff runs and 2 trips to the NBA Finals. But yeah criticizing Randle who has 1 career playoff appearance for valid reasons is the same thing

Frank the French Prince is Ballin’ in Dallas

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy