[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Where is Kemba?
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
11/10/2021  10:06 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/10/2021  10:09 PM
Back in May he was on a nice run and one of the best scorers in the league. He would have essentially been 1B to Randles 1A on offense. He hasn’t been hurt since then or anything. I know part of it is trying to fit in with this team and let the game come to him, but at some point we need to see something. He’s been the weak link in the rotation thus far. Rose has been an exception but it feels like NY is where PGs go to die. Barrett still isn’t there yet. We need Kemba to be the second consistent scorer on this team or the needle doesn’t move for this team. I know it’s easy to say he’s washed but there’s no way he declined this much from May simply by taking it easy this summer. There’s still an elite scorer there even if we only see flashes here and there. At least we hope.
AUTOADVERT
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
11/10/2021  11:40 PM
His usage rate is down from 26% on the Celts to 19% on the Knicks. Take the training wheels off. Let Kemba have the ball. Fournier is taking a bit more shots, his usage is up from with the Celts.
This is the Randle.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/11/2021  6:54 AM
Kemba is 32 with shot knees. He can’t get by anyone and can’t get the separation he once did to let a 5-10 guy shoot. He played ok a few games but he’s not an answer. I love kemba one of the best huskies of all time
RIP Crushalot😞
Knixkik
USA
11/11/2021  9:22 AM
BRIGGS wrote:Kemba is 32 with shot knees. He can’t get by anyone and can’t get the separation he once did to let a 5-10 guy shoot. He played ok a few games but he’s not an answer. I love kemba one of the best huskies of all time

But he was dominant last spring so what changed between then and now?

rich1223
Member: #864
USA
11/11/2021  11:58 AM
Really?his knees got that bad in 5 months?lol
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/11/2021  12:42 PM
rich1223 wrote:Really?his knees got that bad in 5 months?lol

Maybe? No one really knows. Celtics fans made it seem like he got really hot at the latter part of the season, but his elevation and burst was never really the same.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/11/2021  1:34 PM
When a player gets traded as a dump WItH A PICK, and then that team buys him out for 63milion, and y’all are like “WTF HAPPENED”?
We signed him for 8mm per for two years.
Its like buying a used car and the CarFax reads it has a salavaged title. You read it, paid a big discount and take the car home an still surprised its not a great car.
The promo of him putting on the jersey and the nice story of “coming home” is all well and good. This is what an 8mm former all star looks like when three teams pass. First charlotte, the Boston and even Thunder could not do a year of a Chris paul kind of thing. Kemba in the starting line up is a problem. He had a nice spring? Ok, he can have nice stretches. I can live with that.
sort of.
smackeddog
Member: #883
11/11/2021  4:35 PM
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Kemba is 32 with shot knees. He can’t get by anyone and can’t get the separation he once did to let a 5-10 guy shoot. He played ok a few games but he’s not an answer. I love kemba one of the best huskies of all time

But he was dominant last spring so what changed between then and now?

Bill Simmons said on one of his podcasts in the summer that Kemba would tend to struggle after taking a game off and it would take him a while to start playing okay again. He said while he went through some hot streak after getting into the swing of things, and the stats looked good, he thought he was done. No idea how true this was, but it would explain why the Celtics were willing to give up a pick to get rid of him and why OKC were willing to buy him out.

When we signed him I was hoping he could play a good 20mins a night for us, I still hope he can, but at the same time, if he can’t defend, can’t facilitate, can’t drive and isn’t nailing three pointers, baybe McBride is ultimately better as at least he’d give you defense. Too early to make conclusions, I still hope Kemba can turn things around though

blkexec
Member: #748
11/11/2021  6:01 PM
Looks like Kemba is blaming himself for the slow start. But I can’t read the article posted, just the headlines.
Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

11/11/2021  6:18 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/11/2021  6:23 PM
Nalod wrote:When a player gets traded as a dump WItH A PICK, and then that team buys him out for 63milion, and y’all are like “WTF HAPPENED”?
Its like buying a used car and the CarFax reads it has a salavaged title. You read it, paid a big discount and take the car home an still surprised its not a great car.

The promo of him putting on the jersey and the nice story of “coming home” is all well and good. This is what an 8mm former all star looks like when three teams pass. First charlotte, the Boston and even Thunder could not do a year of a Chris paul kind of thing. Kemba in the starting line up is a problem. He had a nice spring? Ok, he can have nice stretches. I can live with that.
sort of.

Pretty much....When the 3 is falling, Kemba will make a slight impact. When the 3 ain't falling, his minutes need to be reduced, especially since he rarely touches the paint and regardless of what he is or is not contributing on the offensive end, he's a defensive liability.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
11/16/2021  10:37 AM
Uptown wrote:
Nalod wrote:When a player gets traded as a dump WItH A PICK, and then that team buys him out for 63milion, and y’all are like “WTF HAPPENED”?

sort of.

Pretty much....When the 3 is falling, Kemba will make a slight impact. When the 3 ain't falling, his minutes need to be reduced, especially since he rarely touches the paint and regardless of what he is or is not contributing on the offensive end, he's a defensive liability.

I think the sad part is that the knicks would take heat if they traded the home town kid from the Bronx after half a season or even one full season.

ES
JesseDark
Member: #467
11/16/2021  12:03 PM
Father time is undefeated.
Bring back dee-fense
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
11/16/2021  1:12 PM
JesseDark wrote:Father time is undefeated.

Although he sometimes has to work a little harder...

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
11/16/2021  3:16 PM
MaTT4281 wrote:
JesseDark wrote:Father time is undefeated.

Although he sometimes has to work a little harder...

and does anyone want to bet against Derrick Rose playing to 44?

TPercy
Member: #5748

11/16/2021  3:37 PM
Meh. Point for me is getting him to play well so that we can use him for a pick or larger piece.
The Future is Bright!
knicks1248
Member: #582
11/16/2021  3:43 PM
TPercy wrote:Meh. Point for me is getting him to play well so that we can use him for a pick or larger piece.

Boston had to give up a 1st round pick just to get rid of him, and you think we can get one back for him in return.

ES
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/16/2021  3:50 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
TPercy wrote:Meh. Point for me is getting him to play well so that we can use him for a pick or larger piece.

Boston had to give up a 1st round pick just to get rid of him, and you think we can get one back for him in return.

You understand the whole contract thing right? $9M v $36M?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
TPercy
Member: #5748

11/16/2021  4:00 PM
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

You understand the whole contract thing right? $9M v $36M?

exactly, a veteran guard like him with consistent performances under his belt with 2 years at 9m is good value. My hope is that IQ continues his passing game/handle or Mcbride in the event of injury demonstrates that he's up to the task(unlikely( making Kemba expendable.
The Future is Bright!
Knixkik
USA
11/16/2021  7:35 PM
I like what Kemba has been doing the last couple games. I’m holding out hope that Quickley is the eventual successor. I think a dynamic 2-way wing is a more pressing need if we go with a larger scale trade. Fournier can move back to the second until if he’s not Part of a trade. I’m keeping an eye on guys like Harrison Barnes and jeremi grant as big wings who can be had later in the year and offer a nice upgrade to the starting five without completely breaking the bank. I’m cool with Kemba, rose and Quickly all doing what they are doing the last couple games and just riding whoever is hot.
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

11/16/2021  8:11 PM
Knixkik wrote:I like what Kemba has been doing the last couple games. I’m holding out hope that Quickley is the eventual successor. I think a dynamic 2-way wing is a more pressing need if we go with a larger scale trade. Fournier can move back to the second until if he’s not Part of a trade. I’m keeping an eye on guys like Harrison Barnes and jeremi grant as big wings who can be had later in the year and offer a nice upgrade to the starting five without completely breaking the bank. I’m cool with Kemba, rose and Quickly all doing what they are doing the last couple games and just riding whoever is hot.

I’m not sure what the beef with Kemba is. The guy is a good shooter at PG. just reduce his minutes and give more time to IQ

Where is Kemba?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy