[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

To Cav or Cav not, that is the question………..Game thread
Author Thread
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/8/2021  9:08 AM
Nalod wrote:Rubio Career really never took off as the 4th overall pick. “La Pistola” had some bad injuries and while fundamentally sound he never had the elite quickness for stardom. Still a good career and fun to watch.

Always wished we’d have him land here in some form.

That said, and as a hoop fan, I hated that we lost but I took away appreciation for his game and glad to see I caught a career night from him. Fucker has the best hair of anyone in the league! LOL It never looked out of place! LOL

Yup. I had the same feeling. I really thought we were going to be able to draft him or Curry. Then Minnesota did that dumb they did picking 2 PGs.

AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/8/2021  11:03 AM
Tyreke Evans 4th, Rubio went 5th, Flynn 6th, Stph 7th, Jordan Hill 8th, Derozen 9thm and Brandon Jennings 10th.
Strange turn.

2009 draft. Rubio stayed in Europe and Rambis tried to meke Flynn “Triangular”.
It was still a thing, Phil won his last chip in 2010. 11 years goes by quick. Steph is still great but the Triangle is old timey ball. Times change

SergioNYK
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #333
USA
11/8/2021  11:08 AM
I'm trying not to overreact and look at this honestly and objectively. Look, we are not title contenders. Can't expect a 55 or 60 win team. I think most of us agreed this would be a 45 win team. So there will be peaks and valley's. We'll beat some good teams and we'll lose to some mediocre and bad teams. Not that I'd categorize Cleveland as a bad team cause they are not. The kid Mobley is going to be a stud! But fact is we are 6-10 through the first ten games. You take that every single time!

But losing these home games is concerning. We are getting outworked and allowing players to have career nights. You simply cannot allow a nonscorer and shooter like Rubio to have that type of game! He is not that skilled offensively and his shot is slow! I give him credit but we could and should have a done a better job! And getting outrebounded by 16 tells me we didn't play with enough effort. That's inexcusable! The threes are not always going to fall and you cannot control that but you can control your effort on defense, which has been way too inconsistent. It cannot be that Elfrid Payton and Reggie Bullock were that important. We have enough to still play great defense. We've seen it in spurts.

We need to get back to that gritty defensively identity of last season. Even if it means sacrificing some offense and not playing the new guys who don't fit in that way.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/8/2021  11:35 AM
SergioNYK wrote:I'm trying not to overreact and look at this honestly and objectively. Look, we are not title contenders. Can't expect a 55 or 60 win team. I think most of us agreed this would be a 45 win team. So there will be peaks and valley's. We'll beat some good teams and we'll lose to some mediocre and bad teams. Not that I'd categorize Cleveland as a bad team cause they are not. The kid Mobley is going to be a stud! But fact is we are 6-10 through the first ten games. You take that every single time!

But losing these home games is concerning. We are getting outworked and allowing players to have career nights. You simply cannot allow a nonscorer and shooter like Rubio to have that type of game! He is not that skilled offensively and his shot is slow! I give him credit but we could and should have a done a better job! And getting outrebounded by 16 tells me we didn't play with enough effort. That's inexcusable! The threes are not always going to fall and you cannot control that but you can control your effort on defense, which has been way too inconsistent. It cannot be that Elfrid Payton and Reggie Bullock were that important. We have enough to still play great defense. We've seen it in spurts.

We need to get back to that gritty defensively identity of last season. Even if it means sacrificing some offense and not playing the new guys who don't fit in that way.

YOur not incorrect. we double dog dared Rubio and gave it to him. He executed. Seems like opponents are getting their notable games on us. Last week it was Turner!

Mobley and Allen’s length created issues defensively. We’ll get it together or not.
I doubt we fall into the abyss in the lottery but with each game, week, and month we’ll get clarity.

Clean
Member: #743
11/8/2021  11:45 AM
SergioNYK wrote:I'm trying not to overreact and look at this honestly and objectively. Look, we are not title contenders. Can't expect a 55 or 60 win team. I think most of us agreed this would be a 45 win team. So there will be peaks and valley's. We'll beat some good teams and we'll lose to some mediocre and bad teams. Not that I'd categorize Cleveland as a bad team cause they are not. The kid Mobley is going to be a stud! But fact is we are 6-10 through the first ten games. You take that every single time!

I don't mind the losses. What I mind is that every loss and every game even if we win there are sections of the game where we make the same mistakes. If the starters play like trash the whole game and Obi comes in and play amazing guess what he is will be subbed out in 4 minutes and get like 10 minutes of overall playing time. Grimes/McBride are 2 ways players who are getting no playing times on a team whose defense is trash and near the bottom of the league. When Randle goes into his ISO heavy tendencies why not have Thibs start calling plays so we can avoid that. Just sitting there quiet watching ISO Randle turnover the ball and shoot bricks is not doing us any good.

smackeddog
Member: #883
11/8/2021  12:49 PM
Man, this team is so bipolar, I'm getting bipolar watching them- I'm either elated they've won or don't even want to log on when they lose- they're either massively whooping their opponent or getting an absolute spanking (often in the same game), I have no idea if they're terrible or promising, I've no idea whether their opponents were any good or not. Tough team to follow at the moment despite the winning record.

I hate, hate, hate watching players have career games vs us- it's annoyed me for the past decade, thought we'd knocked that on the head last season, but maybe the lack of MSG crowd simply removed a motivating factor for opponents to come in and beast.

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

11/8/2021  5:02 PM
Holy crap Sexton tore his meniscus. I never even saw that. That sucks for him and when he becomes an RFA.
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

11/8/2021  6:19 PM
Rookie wrote:Holy crap Sexton tore his meniscus. I never even saw that. That sucks for him and when he becomes an RFA.

Thats so ****ed up. Cavs don't deserve that at all.

The Future is Bright!
To Cav or Cav not, that is the question………..Game thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy