[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks pacers tonight. Get mojo back
Author Thread
HoustonSprewell84
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #8931

11/3/2021  9:21 PM
Mitch has been a liability on offense and defense, he does not cover the 3 point line.
AUTOADVERT
ScoreBot
11/3/2021  9:22 PM
FINAL
IND 111 NYK 98
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/3/2021  9:24 PM
Look old and slow
RIP Crushalot😞
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
11/3/2021  9:25 PM
I’m sorry I watched that. Might have to skip Friday’s game to make up for it.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/3/2021  9:25 PM
HoustonSprewell84 wrote:Mitch has been a liability on offense and defense, he does not cover the 3 point line.

I doubt they want him out there. Turner had a career night. He executed what we gave him. Give them credit. Career 35% shooter out there.

Nalod
USA
11/3/2021  9:29 PM
RJ becoming the guy……….
No leads to blow.
Nothing looks easy for the team.
Clean
Member: #743
11/3/2021  9:36 PM
Nalod wrote:RJ becoming the guy……….
No leads to blow.
Nothing looks easy for the team.

That was always the big red flag. We almost never blow out teams. They could be near the bottom of the league missing 3 of their best players and it still comes down to the final minutes. Look at the Heat if you want to see what a real good team looks like. The Knicks have potential to be really good but we have many flaws.

blkexec
Member: #748
11/3/2021  9:42 PM
HoustonSprewell84 wrote:Mitch has been a liability on offense and defense, he does not cover the 3 point line.

I hear you….but I believe 85 percent of the centers in the nba can not cover the 3 pt line. It was bad preparation on the coaches and players. They knew Turner would try and pull Mitch out the paint. He was almost wide open on most of those 3s seeing over smaller players on his shots, while Mitch doesn’t have the lateral quickness and recovery speed to guard the paint and 3 pt line, like he used to in his 1st year.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

11/4/2021  2:38 AM
I think it is a bit early to hit the panic button. At the end of the day, the team did get a somewhat meaningful overhaul over the course of the summer and is still searching for an identity. Given the talent we have vs some of the other teams, we are decidedly mediocre. Our record reflects this. Last year we overachieved, this year we are underachieving so far. Whether this is better than tanking for Zion or Luka, each fan decides for themselves.
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
11/4/2021  9:49 AM

Some fans are oblivious to this, The dude should be getting the minutes OBI gets and Obi should be getting his minutes.

ES
SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
11/4/2021  10:13 AM
If we didn't have a HC like Thibs, I might be concerned. But it's a long season and there will be peaks and valley's. These type of games used to happen all the time to Riley and JVGs teams too. We'll be fine! I'm not concerned at all. I thought the effort was much better last night. Give Indiana credit. They played well. I bet anything that Turner doesn't look like Dirk ever again when we play them. He shot the ball out of his mind. Yeah, Rob could have done a better job rotating but some of those threes were contested. Turner just had the game of his life! And the Pacers are good. They have a good SL, a solid bench and are well coached. There is no shame in losing to them on their court.

On the positive side, RJ is continuing to look better and better. The thought of him being an All-Star is creeping into my head for the first time. He's showing all the signs. Once Randle gets his mojo back and we jell better as a team, we're going to be a problem. Breen mentioned it last night how we started the season slow and were even like 4 games under .500 midseason. I do not expect that to happen but it just shows how you need to give this team a little more time.

Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

11/4/2021  10:20 AM
I'd like to see some better ball movement on the offensive end. I get that we're an ISO-heavy team with kick outs to shooters, and that's a good plan. Randle needs to balance his ball holding with more distributing. We were predictable last night and not hitting Js.

Also, totally agree with Mitch being a liability with a shooter at the 5. Not too many centers have nights like Turner had last night. Nerlens still needs to shake off some rust, too.

Nalod
USA
11/4/2021  10:59 AM
knicks1248 wrote:

Some fans are oblivious to this, The dude should be getting the minutes OBI gets and Obi should be getting his minutes.

What is the Indy’s or any team with a long range shooting 5 counter with? Put Obi in and what do they do?
Lets not forget, they have sabonis, 6-11 allstar as PF. Perhaps we forget he was matched with Randle and he is a handful on both ends. Credit him or are we “Oblivious”?
Then stick either randle or OBi on Turner, also long. Pull obi out and what happens?
So before you play second guess the coach after the fact, think about the next moves. I know your not inside thibs head becuase you’d explode. But lets pretend he does thinks “is turner able statistically able to keep this up and what are the probabilities?” Does Thibs think “oh, he is going to have a career night and Im too stubborn to change cuz im THIBS!!!!”.
Carlisle is like “bring him out, we’ll iso Sabonis under the basket vs Randle. Randle is good, not that good. He’ll need help. If not he’ll pile on fouls. This but 100 things that can happen and counter. Im sure a better mind that I can go on and on but at least I know what I don’t know, and that the game is not as simple as some present it.
That goofy ass back up center they had? Also did it. He even came out to the parimeter and stole the ball and got an easy fast break. I think it was on Randle or RJ, and they were stunned. Not a good look but you can either look at your team deficient or give some due to the coaching and execution of an opponent. Some of both is OK.
Beating Bulls and 76ers are not prerequisite certainty to beat Pacers. Some teams are still getting their **** together.

smackeddog
Member: #883
11/4/2021  3:35 PM
Clean wrote:So to the 'who cares we are 5-1 guys' Is it now time to try and tackle our issues or do we need a couple more losses?

Do you honestly look at any other nba team with the same record or worse than us and think "they need to make adjustments and start benching players NOW!"? Look at the Hawks- who honestly thinks they need to start changing their rotation now? That's how daft it is, just have some patience and give players time to get their games back and learn how to play together- sure if we look awful in 15-20 games make some rotation changes, but you have to give the rotation a chance first.

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

11/4/2021  9:33 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Clean wrote:So to the 'who cares we are 5-1 guys' Is it now time to try and tackle our issues or do we need a couple more losses?

Do you honestly look at any other nba team with the same record or worse than us and think "they need to make adjustments and start benching players NOW!"? Look at the Hawks- who honestly thinks they need to start changing their rotation now? That's how daft it is, just have some patience and give players time to get their games back and learn how to play together- sure if we look awful in 15-20 games make some rotation changes, but you have to give the rotation a chance first.

I don't recall anyone saying "who cares?" I would say wetting one's pants even at 5 - 3 may not be necessary. Personally I prefer sober analysis, but to each their own. Of course I am not happy with mediocre ball movement, defense, and effort. Or losing. But I'm willing to trust in Thibs (and our players) for the time being. You know -- give it a little time. There are plenty of other teams in a similar situation.

Knicks pacers tonight. Get mojo back

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy