[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The Knicks (All-Time) have only had 2 seasons of 60+ wins (1969-1970 & 1992-1993)
Author Thread
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

11/3/2021  10:52 PM
This is a 45 win team fellas
AUTOADVERT
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
11/4/2021  8:40 AM
The new UK barometer thread. 60 wins is the new Frankie Smokes discussion point.

5-1 = The season is young! It's got really long arms! Our D isn't that bad! Great percentages on the three point shot! Improved playmaking abilities!

2L streak = The season sucks! EF and Kemba are fakes! Mitch is really old and slow and rusty! Thibs hates yoots! Abandon hope, all ye who enter here!

jrodmc say: 79-3 here we come!

blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
11/4/2021  12:36 PM
Time for a new goal. 60 wins ain’t happening. Can I get 50 going once, 50 going twice, sold. 50 wins is the new STRETCH goal.
Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/4/2021  1:20 PM
blkexec wrote:Time for a new goal. 60 wins ain’t happening. Can I get 50 going once, 50 going twice, sold. 50 wins is the new STRETCH goal.
to me it always was... 50-32 is a great season. We are still developing and building. Goal is to take another step forward. 60 win teams are title contenders. Thats just not us yet. Doesnt mean Im not loving what they are doing or enjoying the ride
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/4/2021  1:57 PM
blkexec wrote:Time for a new goal. 60 wins ain’t happening. Can I get 50 going once, 50 going twice, sold. 50 wins is the new STRETCH goal.

Take the kids 45 wins and be happy man

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Philc1

11/5/2021  1:36 PM
fishmike wrote:
to me it always was... 50-32 is a great season. We are still developing and building. Goal is to take another step forward. 60 win teams are title contenders. Thats just not us yet. Doesnt mean Im not loving what they are doing or enjoying the ride

We’ve won 50 games once in 20 years. Absolutely it would be a great season for us

NYKMentality
Member: #4385

11/5/2021  10:35 PM
From down 21 points @ Milwaukee and then to win by 15? That's a freaking +36 difference and one of the best come from behind regular season wins in quite some time.

1992-1993 Knicks = 5-4 (after 9 games).

2021-2022 Knicks = 6-3 (after 9 games)

Take care of Cleveland to improve to 7-3 and we're RIGHT BACK ON TRACK!

Philc1

11/6/2021  10:44 AM
NYKMentality wrote:From down 21 points @ Milwaukee and then to win by 15? That's a freaking +36 difference and one of the best come from behind regular season wins in quite some time.

1992-1993 Knicks = 5-4 (after 9 games).

2021-2022 Knicks = 6-3 (after 9 games)

Take care of Cleveland to improve to 7-3 and we're RIGHT BACK ON TRACK!

So are the mods on JN now hyping up Josh Johnson as better than Darnold?

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

11/6/2021  11:26 AM
fishmike wrote:

50 wins is doable, but it wont be easy. I believe we have improved but so has the rest of the east. 2 of our 3 losses are to 2 of the bottom 3 teams in the east right now. It's going to be a fight each night; we will lose to some teams that will have some of us wondering if we will be a play-in team and then we will beat some teams that will have some of us wondering if we can be a threat to make the ECF. With more practice time and more games, we will continue to get better as Thibs figures out line-up combos that work, etc...

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/6/2021  12:01 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/6/2021  12:03 PM
Uptown wrote:
fishmike wrote:

50 wins is doable, but it wont be easy. I believe we have improved but so has the rest of the east. 2 of our 3 losses are to 2 of the bottom 3 teams in the east right now. It's going to be a fight each night; we will lose to some teams that will have some of us wondering if we will be a play-in team and then we will beat some teams that will have some of us wondering if we can be a threat to make the ECF. With more practice time and more games, we will continue to get better as Thibs figures out line-up combos that work, etc...

The Parity in the league this year early is quite interesting. No early “it” team that speaks loud. Many reasons for that but as a fan it makes most games interesting. Kings blew out improved Hornets? Makes for good drama.

Talent in the long run frequently rises to the top so writing off the obvious Nets and Lakers this early is not wise. The fact EARLY that the Wiz, Cavs, wolves, and even the Kings are respectable makes one think that what Knicks did last season turning it around can happen to others. Its why in the predictions thread I often spoke of them, pacers and Bulls that we should not as fans sleep on and will fight it out in the middle of the pack. This was spoken by many beat writers with more knowledge than I. I just tamed my homerism to respect other teams.

That Philly is this good early without simmons is a statement of this Parity. At some point if Pels can get Zion and Ingram back on the court they could be difficult later in the season even if their season is done.

As a fan, I like this. I bought tickets to see knicks play at home vs. Detroit. Of course I want knicks to win, but I want a good game. A close game. Tension and execution vs a blow out. I want Detroit to test knicks. I want to see healthy Cade show his potential and knicks try to stop him. I don’t watch them just to see if they win, I want to see a good game.

Vs Bucks last night, We saw excellence on both sides. Bucks went stone cold and knicks held them. Game was still in doubt up to the 3min mark. They are the champs and can shoot the ball back into a close game. They did not execute and we held.

The path to 60 wins seasons is usually not linear and rarely happens quickly. We are just in year two with residence on “Respectable Street”. Grateful as a fan to be here and enjoying the neighborhood. Its not the high rent district yet, but you don’t get there without stopping here first.

Philc1

11/6/2021  12:07 PM
Uptown wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Depends on how healthy Kemba can be throughout the season and if Rose can keep this up for 82 games

Nalod
USA
11/6/2021  2:09 PM

Philc1 wrote:
Uptown wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Depends on how healthy Kemba can be throughout the season and if Rose can keep this up for 82 games

True, your so right, also if knicks either score more points or defense holds other team to less then their total, they win more times than not!!! Brilliant right?

NYKMentality

11/6/2021  2:45 PM
Can't wait for tomorrow 6:00 PM Knicks vs. Cavaliers @ home in MSG.

We'll be playing for a chance to improve to 7-3 and .700% after our 1st 10 games;

And that thought alone fires me up.

1992-1993 Knicks = 6-4 (after 10 games).

2021-2022 Knicks = 7-3 after 10 games (with a W vs. CLE).

Yeah. Yeah. I know.

After every loss some of you have reminded me how this Knicks team is a 43-45 win team, how they'll be lucky to win 50 games and/or how they have no chance at 60 wins bla bla bla bla bla.

Because after early season wins against Boston, Orlando, Philadelphia, Chicago, New Orleans, Milwaukee (and Cleveland tomorrow) I don't believe you (the ones saying there's no chance @ 60 wins).

From down 21 @ Milwaukee? Vs. The NBAs most dominant player in the Greek Freak? And to come from behind and win by 15 points? That amazing comeback last night just goes to show how forreal this 2021-2022 NYK team truly is.

It's only a matter of time before our NY Defense under Tom Thibs starts to fire on all cylinders as an NBA top 5 Defense and once that happens? This 2021-2022 team will begin to not only win but win in BUNCHES.

NYKMentality

11/6/2021  2:53 PM
Philc1 wrote:
Uptown wrote:
fishmike wrote:
blkexec wrote:Time for a new goal. 60 wins aint happening. Can I get 50 going once, 50 going twice, sold. 50 wins is the new STRETCH goal.
Depends on how healthy Kemba can be throughout the season.

Why are you acting as if Kemba Walker is some injury prone player? He's not.

• 2016-2017 = All-Star with 79 games played.
• 2017-2018 = All-Star with 80 games played.
• 2018-2019 = All-Star with 82 games played.
• 2019-2020 = All-Star with 56 games played.

And here in 2021-2022? 9 games played (100%).

Yes. Last year of 2020-2021 he was banged up and only played 43 games but heading into this year he's made the All-Star team @ PG 4 out of the previous 5 seasons.

Lets give this Kemba Walker is "injury prone" talk a rest already. It's basketball. Players get hurt. Doesn't mean you're "injury prone".

NYKMentality

11/6/2021  4:21 PM
Last year we started off 5-8 throughout 13 games and still ended up as a 4 seed.

This year we're already at 6-3 after 9 games.

Some of you guys throughout this thread have no idea on how much we've improved from last year in terms of how many wins we're going to have this year.

If we don't finish with 60 wins it's going to become a horse race until the end 56-57-58 wins etc but imo we're going to put up 60+ wins and why? Because this NY team is super deep and imo the most talent since dating back to the 1990s.

Nalod
USA
11/6/2021  5:12 PM
NYKMentality wrote:Last year we started off 5-8 throughout 13 games and still ended up as a 4 seed.

Some of you guys throughout this thread have no idea on how much we've improved from last year in terms of how many wins we're going to have this year.

If we don't finish with 60 wins it's going to become a horse race until the end 56-57-58 wins etc but imo we're going to put up 60+ wins and why? Because this NY team is super deep and imo the most talent since dating back to the 1990s.

Thats not enough reasoning. Its ok for you to have that but if your gonna sell it be specific. Nobody is pissing in your cornflakes and its ok for fans to have expectations that don't match yours.

blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
11/6/2021  7:11 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/6/2021  7:15 PM
NYKMentality wrote:Can't wait for tomorrow 6:00 PM Knicks vs. Cavaliers @ home in MSG.

We'll be playing for a chance to improve to 7-3 and .700% after our 1st 10 games;

And that thought alone fires me up.

1992-1993 Knicks = 6-4 (after 10 games).

2021-2022 Knicks = 7-3 after 10 games (with a W vs. CLE).

Yeah. Yeah. I know.

After every loss some of you have reminded me how this Knicks team is a 43-45 win team, how they'll be lucky to win 50 games and/or how they have no chance at 60 wins bla bla bla bla bla.

Because after early season wins against Boston, Orlando, Philadelphia, Chicago, New Orleans, Milwaukee (and Cleveland tomorrow) I don't believe you (the ones saying there's no chance @ 60 wins).

From down 21 @ Milwaukee? Vs. The NBAs most dominant player in the Greek Freak? And to come from behind and win by 15 points? That amazing comeback last night just goes to show how forreal this 2021-2022 NYK team truly is.

It's only a matter of time before our NY Defense under Tom Thibs starts to fire on all cylinders as an NBA top 5 Defense and once that happens? This 2021-2022 team will begin to not only win but win in BUNCHES.

This statement is debatable (Most dominate NBA player). And the bucks didn't have their 2nd best player....some will say their best clutch player in the game. Holliday first game back in a while. So they was not at full strength. With that said, a 60 win team wouldn't let a depleted team go up by 21 pts. But I hear you, aim high, no problem.

Top 5 defense? Stop. Not happening, as long as Kemba and EF are in the starting unit. PGs and SGs all have the green light when any NBA team play us. That puts pressure on our bigs to guard penetration and the paint. If we going to win 60 games, Kemba and EF will have to become above average defenders and shooting efficiency. Right now, thats not the case.

But we can still get to the second round, regardless of how many regular season games we win. Its not about how you get in, it's about what you do once you get in.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
NYKMentality

11/7/2021  4:48 PM
The significance of potentially starting off our season @ 7-3 imo is big time. It's exciting.

Because.700% doesn't happen in Knicks land often. Especially during the first 10 games and right out the gates for us.

I want this Cleveland game @ home in MSG bad. We all do. Not to make 7-3 too big of a deal with another win tonight, but yes. I'm making it a big deal.

New Orleans Pelicans: 1-9.
Detroit Pistons: 1-8.
Houston Rockets: 1-8.
Indiana Pacers: 3-7.
Orlando Magic: 2-8.
OKC Thunder: 2-6.
San Antonio Spurs: 3-6.

This used to be the New York Knicks in other words, season(s) over before they started. Only 10-20 games in and already waiting for next year. We hated it. Basketball was dead in NY.

NYC basketball is alive again and truly alive for the first time since the 1990s. Refreshing feeling for us and for NYC to no longer be mentioned as the tank fan bases. The one's only 10 games into the season and already scouting top 5 NCAA players for hope out of the draft. It stunk.

Atlanta Hawks: 4-6.

The team everyone raved about heading into 2021 as being so much deeper and more dangerous than New York. Atlanta has came out flat. Admit it. Hawks @ 7-3 and NYK @ 4-6 (after 10 games) and our fan base would be LIVID and every player would be attacked for a slow start to a season for a team with such high promise.

7-3 would be a nice head start over a lot of teams with a win vs. a young Cleveland team tonight. And from there it's all about the next 10 games on our schedule.

7-3 @ .700% will have all of us A+ fired up for tomorrow night @ 8-2 Philadelphia (and for 1st place of the Atlantic Division here in the East).

In closing.

▪︎ Last year we started off 5-8 after 13 games under Thibs.

▪︎ 1992-1993's 60 win Knicks team started off 6-4 after 10 games.

Only two Knicks teams within Franchise History have ever finished at .700%+. The 1969-1970 and 1992-1993 Knicks teams. 2021-2022's current Knicks squad can become just the 3rd one ever.

We're not even playing great Tom Thibs NY Defense just yet but yet we're already looking 7-3 right in the face with a win tonight?

The max potential of this team win after win is sky high because once this Defense locks in we're going to watch wins. a lot of wins. And night after night too. In bunches.

Philc1

11/7/2021  10:10 PM
NYKMentality wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
Uptown wrote:
fishmike wrote:
blkexec wrote:Time for a new goal. 60 wins aint happening. Can I get 50 going once, 50 going twice, sold. 50 wins is the new STRETCH goal.
Depends on how healthy Kemba can be throughout the season.

Why are you acting as if Kemba Walker is some injury prone player? He's not.

• 2016-2017 = All-Star with 79 games played.
• 2017-2018 = All-Star with 80 games played.
• 2018-2019 = All-Star with 82 games played.
• 2019-2020 = All-Star with 56 games played.

And here in 2021-2022? 9 games played (100%).

Yes. Last year of 2020-2021 he was banged up and only played 43 games but heading into this year he's made the All-Star team @ PG 4 out of the previous 5 seasons.

Lets give this Kemba Walker is "injury prone" talk a rest already. It's basketball. Players get hurt. Doesn't mean you're "injury prone".

His injury issues have started last year and a half that’s why Boston got rid of him. Hey how’s Zach Attack doing?

Philc1

11/9/2021  3:59 PM
NYKMentality wrote:Last year we started off 5-8 throughout 13 games and still ended up as a 4 seed.

All true but the East is better this year

The Knicks (All-Time) have only had 2 seasons of 60+ wins (1969-1970 & 1992-1993)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy