[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The Knicks (All-Time) have only had 2 seasons of 60+ wins (1969-1970 & 1992-1993)
Author Thread
NYKMentality
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4385

10/28/2021  7:09 PM
1969-1970 Knicks = 60-22.
1992-1993 Knicks = 60-22.

Those were winning percentages of .732%.

I wasn't alive for that 1969-1970 season but I remember as a kid watching those 1992-1993 Knicks with...

HC: Pat Riley.

C: Patrick Ewing.
PF: Charles Oakley.
SF: Charles Smith.
SG: John Starks.
PG: Doc Rivers.

C: Herb Williams.
PF: Anthony Mason.
SF: Tony Campbell.
SG: Rolando Blackman / Hubert Davis.
PG: Greg Anthony.

I loved those early 1990s Knicks but imo 2021-2022's squad is deeper and has more potential to become deadly.

During the preseason I predicted 60 win potential this year because imo we're absolutely fully loaded in talent from top to bottom.

HC: Tom Thibs.

C: Mitchell Robinson.
PF: Julius Randle.
SF: R.J. Barrett.
SG: Evan Fournier.
PG: Kemba Walker.

C: Nerlens Noel.
PF: Obi Toppin.
SF: Alec Burks.
SG: Immanuel Quickley.
PG: Derrick Rose.

Taj Gibson.

Yes. Of course. I'm giving the 1992-1993 Knicks an advantage. Due to #33 Patrick Ewing. Our greatest player of All-Time.

But outside of Ewing? I'm taking this 2021-2022 team from top to bottom.

We are fully loaded with an amazing mixture of veterans and young talents surrounding an All-Star in his prime Julius Randle. 3 PT shooting ability. Defense. Heart. It's all here.

We're going to crack 60 wins for only the 3rd time ever and I just want our fan base to know we're on the verge of witnessing something special.

This team is crazy deep and last years postseason birth was the beginning of something magical

We'll see tonight @ Chicago. I promise you. NY isn't leaving without a WIN @ 4-1 overall.

AUTOADVERT
Knickoftime
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3370

10/28/2021  8:06 PM
NYKMentality wrote: We're going to crack 60 wins for only the 3rd time ever and I just want our fan base to know we're on the verge of witnessing something special.

This team is crazy deep and last years postseason birth was the beginning of something magical

We'll see tonight @ Chicago. I promise you. NY isn't leaving without a WIN @ 4-1 overall.

As I'm an equal opportunity busybody ... man ... slow the roll.

60?

This is why we can't have nice things.

NYKMentality

10/28/2021  8:34 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
NYKMentality wrote: We're going to crack 60 wins for only the 3rd time ever and I just want our fan base to know we're on the verge of witnessing something special.

60?

Why we can't have nice things?

We've sucked for damn near 20 years. I miss my childhood days of being CONFIDENT in my Knicks squads.

And this current squad is A+ exciting for me. A team worthy of being CONFIDENT in and excited over.

To each our own but I'm not a hindsight is 20/20 type of fan. Maybe you are, but I'm not. So slow your roll on writing this NYK team off because at the age of 36 I know an awesome team in the makings when I see one.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
10/28/2021  9:17 PM
The way we’ve played, I wouldn’t be surprised if this group did win 60.

HOWEVER. I do not think we have our full roster the full year. I think Rose/Walker go down, and they are driving a lot of success. Lose either for a 5-10 game stretch, and there goes the 60 wins.

I also worry about Mitch and Randle.

I’ve said 44 because I felt we took a step back vs. last year- it was lucky and we out performed.

I probably need to revise up- perhaps 50 is a good goal/target/estimate.

Even 50 is a stretch - last full 82 game season- 2019- three teams in the east over 50.

Knickoftime

10/28/2021  9:17 PM
NYKMentality wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

60?

We've sucked for damn near 20 years. I miss my childhood days of being CONFIDENT in my Knicks squads.

And this current squad is A+ exciting for me. A team worthy of being CONFIDENT in and excited over.

To each our own but I'm not a hindsight is 20/20 type of fan. Maybe you are, but I'm not. So slow your roll on writing this NYK team off because at the age of 36 I know an awesome team in the makings when I see one.

...and you just made my point for me.

I think a 50 win season would be good ... progress ... a positive season. If they got more in them, great. If not, cool too.

But in your words, that'd be "writing them off," which is your pejorative description of anything less than 60 wins.

YOU are writing this team off if they don't meet your skipping the line, lofty hopes.

Not me.

NYKMentality

10/28/2021  10:51 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

60?

I think a 50 win season would be good ... progress ... a positive season. If they got more in them, great. If not, cool too.

But in your words, that'd be "writing them off," which is your pejorative description of anything less than 60 wins.

YOU are writing this team off if they don't meet your skipping the line, lofty hopes.

Not me.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

Last year (if a regular 82 game schedule) we were on pace for 50 wins. During Tom Thibs 1st season at that.

But then after the additions of...

A.) Kemba Walker.
B.) Evan Fournier.
C.) Mitchell Robinson returning.
D.) And more importantly? So much more player/coach/team chemistry?

A-D combined ='s more than a 10 game improvement.

This is a 60+ win team. And you don't even know it yet. But I do.

WE ARE DEEP IN TALENT. ABSOLUTELY LOADED.

Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

10/28/2021  10:55 PM
NYKMentality wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

60?

Tell Crusher and Slats they can lick my balls after Zach Wilson is done sucking on them

Knickoftime

10/28/2021  11:04 PM
NYKMentality wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

60?

Not me.

Nah...

Last year (if a regular 82 game schedule) we were on pace for 50 wins. During Tom Thibs 1st season at that.

No it isn't.

It's a 46-47 win pace.

3-4 wins isn't insignificant.

And I don't think you quite understand what I'm saying.

I'm not predicting 50 wins.

A.) Kemba Walker.
B.) Evan Fournier.

You will answer a simple, fair question?

Will 50-52 wins be underachieving in your view?

Yes or no?

NYKMentality

10/28/2021  11:14 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

60?

Not me.

Nah...

No it isn't.

It's a 46-47 win pace.

A.) Kemba Walker.
B.) Evan Fournier.

Yes or no?

Yes. Because we were on pace for 50 wins last year and we've improved SO MUCH over the offseason where 50 wins is a guaranteed must this year.

#1 D last year. During Thibs 1st season as Knicks HC.

• KEMBA WALKER.
• EVAN FOURNIER.
• THE RETURN OF MITCHELL ROBINSON.
• R.J. BARRETT NOW A 3RD YEAR PLAYER.
• BOTH IMMANUEL QUICKLEY AND OBI TOPPIN NO LONGER ROOKIES.
• SO MUCH MORE PLAYER/COACH/TEAM CHEMISTRY.
• A TRUE ALL STAR IN JULIUS RANDLE.

Our team from starting 5 to backup unit is DEEPER THAN WE'VE EVER BEEN.

Serious Question

We're 4-1 here in 2021-2022.

Do you know what the Knicks of 1992-1993 were after 5 games?

4-1.

I dont see a 50 win team. I see the DEEPEST KNICKS TEAM I'VE EVER WITNESSED and I know 100% 60+ wins is a real fan goal to have and I wont let you tell me otherwise.

Because I've waited many of years for a team as DEEP as this one. And I'm loving it.

I called 60+ wins heading into preseason and I meant it.

Philc1

10/28/2021  11:16 PM
We started out 8-0 in 2012 and didn’t win 60 games
Knickoftime

10/28/2021  11:27 PM
NYKMentality wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

60?

Not me.

Nah...

No it isn't.

It's a 46-47 win pace.

A.) Kemba Walker.
B.) Evan Fournier.

Yes or no?

Yes. Because we were on pace for 50 wins last year and we've improved SO MUCH over the offseason where 50 wins is a guaranteed must this year.

2020-2022 was not a 50 win pace.

What is the point of arguing something mathematically false?

But noted. You'll be down on this team for a 52 wins season.

Serious Question

4-1.

I dont see a 50 win team. I see the DEEPEST KNICKS TEAM I'VE EVER WITNESSED and I know 100% 60+ wins is a real fan goal to have and I wont let you tell me otherwise.

Too late for that. I already did.

And fans don't have goals, they have wishes.

No, I get it, you've claimed is you board thing.

And watch what happens when the fairly typical, almost inevitable 3 game losing streak happens.

NYKMentality

10/28/2021  11:33 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

60?

Not me.

Nah...

No it isn't.

It's a 46-47 win pace.

A.) Kemba Walker.
B.) Evan Fournier.

Yes or no?

Serious Question

4-1.

And watch what happens when the fairly typical, almost inevitable 3 game losing streak happens.

What are you really trying to tell me?

That I shouldn't be sky high on a team coming off a playoff birth with the #1 Defense during only Tom Thibs year #1?

That I shouldn't be sky high for a 3-0 undefeated preseason team followed by a 4-1 REGULAR SEASON start?

That we don't have 60 win potential?

What are you really even trying to tell me?

Knickoftime

10/28/2021  11:46 PM
NYKMentality wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

60?

Not me.

Nah...

No it isn't.

It's a 46-47 win pace.

A.) Kemba Walker.
B.) Evan Fournier.

Yes or no?

Serious Question

4-1.

That I shouldn't be sky high on a team coming off a playoff birth with the #1 Defense during only Tom Thibs year #1?

That I shouldn't be sky high for a 3-0 undefeated preseason team followed by a 4-1 REGULAR SEASON start?

What I'm trying to say you just said yourself.

60 wins is RARE.

If they have "60 win potential" that's their ceiling.

Cool, I can roll with that.

But you can't stop declaring 60 wins is their floor.

NYKMentality

10/29/2021  12:04 AM
Knickoftime wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

60?

Not me.

Nah...

No it isn't.

It's a 46-47 win pace.

A.) Kemba Walker.
B.) Evan Fournier.

Yes or no?

Serious Question

4-1.

60 wins is RARE.

I do believe 60 wins is our floor because I've been watching Knicks basketball since I was 5 years old 1990. I'm now 36 years old and at full health I've never witnessed an NYK team as DEEP as this 2021 team.

And what does 3 potential loses in a row mean?

That 1992-1993 team had 3 loses in a row and started off the season 4-4 after 8 games.

2021's Knicks WILL NOT have 4 loses until at least our 20th game.

You'll see.

Philc1

10/29/2021  7:47 AM
NYKMentality wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

60?

Not me.

Nah...

No it isn't.

It's a 46-47 win pace.

A.) Kemba Walker.
B.) Evan Fournier.

Yes or no?

Serious Question

4-1.

60 wins is RARE.

I do believe 60 wins is our floor because I've been watching Knicks basketball since I was 5 years old 1990. I'm now 36 years old and at full health I've never witnessed an NYK team as DEEP as this 2021 team.

And what does 3 potential loses in a row mean?

That 1992-1993 team had 3 loses in a row and started off the season 4-4 after 8 games.

2021's Knicks WILL NOT have 4 loses until at least our 20th game.

You'll see.

60 wins is the floor? Dude you got me rolling now!

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/29/2021  8:27 AM
It's nice that a John Sterling type has started posting here for the Knicks.
Beats the hell out of Melo bashing and Frankie Smokes debates.

Anyone who states "we've sucked for 20 years" and then spends paragraphs posting things in CAPS about hysterical statistics is quite amusing.

Hey, at this point I'm hoping for 81-1.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/29/2021  9:08 AM
jrodmc wrote:It's nice that a John Sterling type has started posting here for the Knicks.
Beats the hell out of Melo bashing and Frankie Smokes debates.

Anyone who states "we've sucked for 20 years" and then spends paragraphs posting things in CAPS about hysterical statistics is quite amusing.

Hey, at this point I'm hoping for 81-1.

I read NYMENTALITY’S hype man posts like a movie production comming attraction trailer. The deep super intense voice over dramatizing. Almost as the worse the movie was, the greater the hype!

He as some repeating traits:

1. He is feeling well now for a 36 year old. Have to assume. He was not?
2. bit of a narcissist, thats ok. This is the best/deepest team he has seen on knicks, thus it has to be 60 games.
3. Likes to list the roster. Thinks we don’t know it.
4. Can’t hate on a enthusiasm. Might be delusional, but why ruin it for they guy.
5. If its comes to be, he might be insufferable bragging for a while as he knew it all along. He will be right, but the narcissist won’t see it that way.
6. If he is wrong, He might want to visit Dr Marv for new prescription.

VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
10/29/2021  10:02 AM
50 wins would be a GREAT season. 60 not even in my thought process right now. 40 has been hard enough to get for more than 2 decades
knicks1248
Member: #582
10/29/2021  10:59 AM
Philc1 wrote:We started out 8-0 in 2012 and didn’t win 60 games

we Lost KT, Camby, Kmart, Rasheed, and Amare missed some games.

Thats the only reason we didn't win 60

ES
NYKMentality

10/29/2021  1:17 PM
Philc1 wrote:We started out 8-0 in 2012 and didn;t win 60 games

That team was all Melo ball and was nowhere near as deep as 2021s team.

And you're wrong. They started off 6-0 not "8-0".

They also had two different 4 game losing streaks. And that will not happen to this team being led by coach Thibs.

Coach Thibs is also 100x the leader than Woodson was.

If you think 2012-2013s team was more firepower than 2021-2022s imo that's FUNNY.

The Knicks (All-Time) have only had 2 seasons of 60+ wins (1969-1970 & 1992-1993)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy