[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GT: 7:00 PM / 10-24-2021 (Sunday) New York Knicks vs. Orlando Magic GAME THREAD!!! (GAME #3)
Author Thread
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
10/25/2021  1:19 PM
fishmike wrote:lol Knicks laid a stinker it happens. Kemba/Rose/Mitch were the only players who shot over 33%

We're three games into the season, some posters have been so patient waiting until now😂

Loses sting, but these days I'm much more relaxed about what happens with the Knicks- we have all our picks, so we're covered if we flop (and there are much worse things that can happen in life), meanwhile I'm hoping we can build on last season as I'd forgotten how much fun it was to follow a good Knicks team.

Personally I split the season into 20 game chunks, and see where we're at, bigger picture wise, at those intervals while occasionally freaking out or getting over excited in between😂

AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
10/25/2021  1:21 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:Every loss is a bummer. But seeing Lonzo carve up the Nets made it less depressing. Just gotta hope the team moves on and learns from this.

Yep, think it's going to be a bumpy start to the season, but hopefully we learn and improve further down the line

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

10/25/2021  2:15 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/25/2021  2:29 PM
smackeddog wrote:
fishmike wrote:lol Knicks laid a stinker it happens. Kemba/Rose/Mitch were the only players who shot over 33%

We're three games into the season, some posters have been so patient waiting until now😂

Loses sting, but these days I'm much more relaxed about what happens with the Knicks- we have all our picks, so we're covered if we flop (and there are much worse things that can happen in life), meanwhile I'm hoping we can build on last season as I'd forgotten how much fun it was to follow a good Knicks team.

Personally I split the season into 20 game chunks, and see where we're at, bigger picture wise, at those intervals while occasionally freaking out or getting over excited in between😂

Unsurprisingly after one loss in a back to back some fans are eyeing the the bridge, if not yet climbing it. Two days ago we were going 82 - 0. Coach of the Decade Thibs all of a sudden is outmaneuvered and brilliant signing Kemba who redeemed our terrible draft is being positioned as the new hate piece. KP will have a competent game and the trade will suck again. Ah, life in the Knicks lane.

I am of course unhappy about last night but am not shocked at all. We are still a work in progress and will continue to be into the next season or so (yes with assets). I am wary of lack of focus and and intensity especially on defense which was our calling card. Dependence on threes can bite you on the butt. Avoid hero ball please. Etc. But in Thibs we trust and let's see what adjustments are coming.

De facto finalist Nets and Lakers are 1 - 2. If we beat Philly on Tuessday the loaded testosterone mob will be back as master baiters of KD and Tom Brady on various platforms again. Hope to enjoy the ride!

smackeddog
10/25/2021  3:39 PM
For those freaking out, look at our record at the start of last season, you forget how rough we were for at least the first 20 games
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
10/25/2021  4:23 PM
fishmike wrote:
franco12 wrote:

Am I allowed to say that 60 win teams don't lay stinkers like this game?

also not sure why you think the Knicks are a 60 win team. Maybe a team or two every year wins 60 and those are usually elite teams targeting a title run. Who is saying that the Knicks fall into that category? Not Vegas... not maybe people even here, I certainly an not expecting 60+

50-32 would be fantastic imo

I have seen people call this a 60 win team on here- not sure if they are serious or just overly enthusiastic.

I think we're a mid 40's team- like 44- so a smidge over 500, likely on the road in the playoffs which would not be a bad place to be - our run in 99 showed if you got one of those first two games on the road, pressure shifted and you could sneak through.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/25/2021  5:03 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:Every loss is a bummer. But seeing Lonzo carve up the Nets made it less depressing. Just gotta hope the team moves on and learns from this.

It could have been such a perfect weekend. Listening to KD mumble about not missing Kyrie after losing badly. The Jets lose, the Eagles get their heads handed to them and the Giants actually won another game!

I wanted a 40 point blow out at MSG! Oh well...

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/26/2021  1:54 PM
franco12 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
franco12 wrote:

also not sure why you think the Knicks are a 60 win team. Maybe a team or two every year wins 60 and those are usually elite teams targeting a title run. Who is saying that the Knicks fall into that category? Not Vegas... not maybe people even here, I certainly an not expecting 60+

I have seen people call this a 60 win team on here- not sure if they are serious or just overly enthusiastic.

I think we're a mid 40's team- like 44- so a smidge over 500, likely on the road in the playoffs which would not be a bad place to be - our run in 99 showed if you got one of those first two games on the road, pressure shifted and you could sneak through.

homer prediction (60 wins). If you believe their winning % with Rose from last year they were 50+ win team and I think we got better/deeper and will see improvement from our youth and via chemistry. Lets see but I think we are close. Every game is important but its hard to judge off one or a couple. When things happen for a month its a trend. We'll see.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
10/26/2021  3:19 PM
fishmike wrote:
franco12 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
franco12 wrote:

homer prediction (60 wins). If you believe their winning % with Rose from last year they were 50+ win team and I think we got better/deeper and will see improvement from our youth and via chemistry. Lets see but I think we are close. Every game is important but its hard to judge off one or a couple. When things happen for a month its a trend. We'll see.

Yup. I don't know about these homers. I myself predicted 58 wins and only the 3rd seed in the East.

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

10/26/2021  4:30 PM
F@%k yeah I'm a homer.
GT: 7:00 PM / 10-24-2021 (Sunday) New York Knicks vs. Orlando Magic GAME THREAD!!! (GAME #3)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy