[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GT: 7:00 PM / 10-24-2021 (Sunday) New York Knicks vs. Orlando Magic GAME THREAD!!! (GAME #3)
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/24/2021  11:00 PM
I was getting flash backs of "Playoff Randle" dude was 8-24 shooting.

I hope he's not hell bent on proven last yr was no fluke by playing like he did tonight..

ES
AUTOADVERT
Jmpasq
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4182

10/24/2021  11:05 PM
The East is loaded this year and the playoffs are far from a certainty. There aren't many easy games on the schedule. This was one of the easy ones. Its going to be a dogfight just to make the playoffs. ANother thing is how bad is Kemba Walker, dude is terrible. Thank god he doesn't cost much because his days are done as a top tier player. Derrick Rose is much better than Walker.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
knicks1248
10/24/2021  11:24 PM
Jmpasq wrote:The East is loaded this year and the playoffs are far from a certainty. There aren't many easy games on the schedule. This was one of the easy ones. Its going to be a dogfight just to make the playoffs. ANother thing is how bad is Kemba Walker, dude is terrible. Thank god he doesn't cost much because his days are done as a top tier player. Derrick Rose is much better than Walker.

He's already getting the Payton treatment, he played 19 minutes

ES
BMart
Member: #8928

10/24/2021  11:35 PM
There was zero flow in the last 10 minutes of the game but Thibs just rode it out. Randle made really poor decisions with the ball going 1 on 3 consistently. I hate this team when they play like that, reminiscent of the Hawks series. I know JR is our star but he needs dish when the hemp D comes. RJ Needs to get the ball more. Do the Knicks run any plays on offense?
BMart
Member: #8928

10/24/2021  11:36 PM
DRose is the best player on the team.
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
10/25/2021  6:57 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/25/2021  6:58 AM
Randle played terrible in this one and the Knicks just seemed to believe they could just turn it on. Run some damn offense. Randle needs to setup his teammates and trust them. He is doing too much one on one. On nights when his shot is falling, we get away with it but on nights like last night, they need to get back to running disciplined offense and taking shots the defense gives you rather than forcing up one on one contested shots.
Trust the Process
gradyandrew
Member: #8959

10/25/2021  8:55 AM
I don't agree with a lot of the post game analysis here. I thought Kemba and Randle were both OK. Bigger problems were:

Obi and Taj's minutes at the beginning of the 4the. Knicks were in charge going into the final frame until Obi and Taj were out hustled during their minutes leading to a 12-0 Magic run. More problematic was the stress it put on Robinson in the 4th quarter. Sims played well in Orlando,he should have gotten some 4the quarter minutes.

Robinson is shooting 80% from the field over 3 games. He got one pass in the 4the which he promptly dunked. He needs to be the first option every time going down the court. He does so much work on defense,he needs to get the ball sometimes. With about 4 minutes left RJ missed him for an easy dunk and Robinson loss focus the next two or three defensive possessions. When the 3s aren't falling he needs to get fed the ball. The Knicks should get him at least 10 shots a game.

Transition defense was terrible and led to a lot of scores. Robinson is always going for the offensive board,the Knicks wings need to do a better job of getting in front of the drives.

Randle played good defense,I don't think he took many bad shots despite the box score.

Ditto for Kemba- I hope he and Robinson can establish some chemistry on the pick and roll.

Knicks were undone by Ross,maybe Grimes and Quickley should have gotten more play. Burks and Fournier had off nights,Thibs needs to spread the love more.

MS
Member: #724
10/25/2021  8:57 AM
The three point shooting was absolutely awful, we were really bad.

But, this one was all Randle. He was forcing shots all night. Stupid turnovers. He was wrestling rebounds away from his teammates and cause turnovers because of it. When he makes quick decisions he’s unstoppable. Less dribbling, more ball movement.

Also need more from RJ. He looks like he’s struggling to find his roll out there with more offensive talent.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/25/2021  9:28 AM
gradyandrew wrote:I don't agree with a lot of the post game analysis here. I thought Kemba and Randle were both OK. Bigger problems were:

Obi and Taj's minutes at the beginning of the 4the. Knicks were in charge going into the final frame until Obi and Taj were out hustled during their minutes leading to a 12-0 Magic run. More problematic was the stress it put on Robinson in the 4th quarter. Sims played well in Orlando,he should have gotten some 4the quarter minutes.

Robinson is shooting 80% from the field over 3 games. He got one pass in the 4the which he promptly dunked. He needs to be the first option every time going down the court. He does so much work on defense,he needs to get the ball sometimes. With about 4 minutes left RJ missed him for an easy dunk and Robinson loss focus the next two or three defensive possessions. When the 3s aren't falling he needs to get fed the ball. The Knicks should get him at least 10 shots a game.

Transition defense was terrible and led to a lot of scores. Robinson is always going for the offensive board,the Knicks wings need to do a better job of getting in front of the drives.

Randle played good defense,I don't think he took many bad shots despite the box score.

Ditto for Kemba- I hope he and Robinson can establish some chemistry on the pick and roll.

Knicks were undone by Ross,maybe Grimes and Quickley should have gotten more play. Burks and Fournier had off nights,Thibs needs to spread the love more.

+1
Late in the game, it looked like Orlando was running a freakin layup line. You really saw Obi's lousy lateral movement on several defensive possessions.

RJ shooting 1-7 from 3 is going to happen from time to time, but when Fournier's off too, it's going to hurt.

Definitely could have used Sims in there to at least get some statement fouls at the rim, since like you said, Mitch seemed alot more concerned with rebounding than contesting shots. He's a two-trick pony and he can't afford to be out-blocked by JR. Not a good game to have Taj working off rust.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/25/2021  10:29 AM
lol Knicks laid a stinker it happens. Kemba/Rose/Mitch were the only players who shot over 33%
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
10/25/2021  10:50 AM
Not worried at all. This happens in route to being a top team. I thought Thibs stayed a little too long with Burks. Julius was off and forced it. Not sure how to deal with this. He is our top guy. Not sure if telling him to defer when he is not shooting well is the right thing.
knicks1248
10/25/2021  11:47 AM
gradyandrew wrote:I don't agree with a lot of the post game analysis here. I thought Kemba and Randle were both OK. Bigger problems were:

Mitch is a defensive guy who's relies on ally oops and put back dunks, 99.9% of the time he is the last guy down court. On long rebounds he is so deep in the paint that he is a no show in transition on both sides of the ball, so your transition defense suffer, and his opportunity for easy baskets is non existing.

TT had some issues of his own as far as the rotation and match ups.. adjustments were made too late

ES
fishmike
USA
10/25/2021  11:48 AM
NYKBocker wrote:Not worried at all. This happens in route to being a top team. I thought Thibs stayed a little too long with Burks. Julius was off and forced it. Not sure how to deal with this. He is our top guy. Not sure if telling him to defer when he is not shooting well is the right thing.
100% thats part of the journey for Thibs and Jules... how to play winning basketball when part of your game is off. The whole team shot 33% and they still only beat us by a few buckets.
Clean
Member: #743
10/25/2021  12:09 PM
Times like this when no one can hit a shot why not give Grimes some time and see if he can help. We had these last year to. We now have all this depth its time to actually use it instead of just rolling with what's not working.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
10/25/2021  12:25 PM
fishmike wrote:lol Knicks laid a stinker it happens. Kemba/Rose/Mitch were the only players who shot over 33%

Am I allowed to say that 60 win teams don't lay stinkers like this game?

fishmike
USA
10/25/2021  12:43 PM
franco12 wrote:
fishmike wrote:lol Knicks laid a stinker it happens. Kemba/Rose/Mitch were the only players who shot over 33%

you can say anything you want. That would not be an accurate statement but go for it. Whatever brings you peace on a Monday

If you watch the league you know this happens. 70+ win Warriors lost to a 50+ loss TWolves team. They also lost to Detroit. The 70+ win Jordan Bulls lost to the expansion team Raptors where the best player was a rookie Damon Stoudemire.

Or just go be dramatic and talk about how inexcusable this is, maybe relate it to Randle playing in the 4th qtr while 30 a couple days ago or some other Thibs dig. Whatever you need bud. May it bring you joy

fishmike
USA
10/25/2021  12:49 PM
franco12 wrote:

also not sure why you think the Knicks are a 60 win team. Maybe a team or two every year wins 60 and those are usually elite teams targeting a title run. Who is saying that the Knicks fall into that category? Not Vegas... not maybe people even here, I certainly an not expecting 60+

50-32 would be fantastic imo

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/25/2021  12:59 PM
If one thinks this is a 60 win team then it sucks.
If one thinks its a 47 win team then it still sucks, but expected.
If you tihnking how good 3-0 felt then its a buzz kill.
Boston was a OT thrilla…………..That they lost the next games kinda lowers the value?
That We played two teams with Rookie coaches take it down a bit?
Maybe our soft preseason set expectations a bit?
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
10/25/2021  1:07 PM
Losing this game actually might help Thibs get this team to the next level. Specially this early. Shows our players what they need to do to win.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/25/2021  1:17 PM
Every loss is a bummer. But seeing Lonzo carve up the Nets made it less depressing. Just gotta hope the team moves on and learns from this.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
GT: 7:00 PM / 10-24-2021 (Sunday) New York Knicks vs. Orlando Magic GAME THREAD!!! (GAME #3)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy