Member: #4385

10/27/2021  12:53 PM
knicks1248 wrote:I don't think The BULLs are much of a test, the 4-0 start

Lowly Detroit, no Cam

Pelicans..No Zion

Lowly Detroit...No Cam

Raptors.. No pascal

Me neither.

They don't have the offensive firepower that we have and they most certainly don't have the DEFENSIVE MINDSET that NY has.

Vs. Thibs old Chicago Franchise? I'm expecting a SLAUGHTERING of these Bulls.

Our NY Knicks will become the #1 seed of the Eastern Conference @ 4-1 after we run through the BULLS.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/27/2021  2:07 PM
Its Noah night... lets spoil that jive ****. Rose goes off and says in the post game "I love Jo, I was inspired "
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Knickoftime
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3370

10/27/2021  3:08 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:And philly. True measuring stick games early
yup, especially after Boston got there ass kicked at HOME by the Raptors, they didn't even score 90 pts, and Brown failed to reach double digits after we made him look like the next coming of Bernard king
Boston is playing out exactly as I thought. It's tricky business changing coaches and that crushing loss to New York could be enough to send them into a tailspin. Getting booed off the court in the home opener isn't something a team easily recovers from.
Ah, the first week of season. Always so informative.

Speaking of Boston, I'm old enough to remember when the Red Sox were the best team in the MLB postseason.

https://www.si.com/mlb/2021/10/19/red-sox-astros-boston-wins-alcs-game-3-after-unstoppable-barrage

Has it really been 4 days? Time goes so fast...

And we're all old enough to remember plenty of recent seasons dating back to the 2000s where we don't even reach our 3rd win until game #20 @ 3-17 ala season(s) over before they started etc.

Heading into our Philadelphia game? At potentially 3-0? At home in Madison Square Garden? With 4-0 on the line? That is the definition of early season excitement.

When's the last time one of our NYK teams have started off 4-0?

I'm not sure but I bet it's been over 20 years and not since our 1990s.

I'm more fired up about 2-0 with two blowout wins than I would be @ 0-2 with two blowout loses

I know and can recognize a true NBA basketball Contender when I root for one and an awful tank team when I watch one. Our Knicks of 2021-2022 are deep. Talented. And FORREAL.

Knicks started the 2016-2017 se season 14-10.

They started the 2017-2018 season 16-13.

Orlando Magic started last season 4-0 and 6-2.

Best part is a good start is AS enjoyable when it just happens than when you set yourself up for assuming it will happen.

There is literally no downside to just waiting and seeing.

Just makes for a boring chat board. I think you have the wrong audience for this wait and see. Can’t speak for everyone, but I am here to discuss present sense impressions of how the Knicks are doing today. I’d be remiss if I had to wait until the end of the season to discuss my opinions on how they are doing today.

I don't think there is something alien about discussing a game in the context it's one of 82.

The whole Memento approach to fandom is lost on me.

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

10/27/2021  3:52 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/27/2021  8:32 PM
fishmike wrote:Its Noah night... lets spoil that jive ****. Rose goes off and says in the post game "I love Jo, I was inspired "

I know Thibs loves Noah but I hope that half assed money stealing party boy soils himself in shame when the Knicks ruin his big night the way he helped ruin us for a number of years.

Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

10/27/2021  4:39 PM
God I hate the Bulls
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
10/27/2021  10:23 PM
fishmike wrote:Its Noah night... lets spoil that jive ****. Rose goes off and says in the post game "I love Jo, I was inspired "

Since we're still paying, we should have an option for them to move it to another night.

ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
10/28/2021  1:27 AM
franco12 wrote:

Since we're still paying, we should have an option for them to move it to another night.

Is this **** for real? Seems like a low class move by the Bulls. And the NBA.

I’d love for us to hand them a humiliating loss tonight, but it being the Bulls and all, who knows.

Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

10/28/2021  8:20 AM
ToddTT wrote:
franco12 wrote:

Is this **** for real? Seems like a low class move by the Bulls. And the NBA.

I’d love for us to hand them a humiliating loss tonight, but it being the Bulls and all, who knows.

It’s the bulls. They hate us

fishmike
USA
10/28/2021  8:21 AM
franco12 wrote:

lol good one! Check please!!!!!
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/28/2021  9:38 AM
Can’t tell if they are trolling the knicks on this one. Not the players, FO or the coaches. Dolan don’t care. So its not really a diss. Nobody in that arena will care.
Except Noah who took the money and partied. His night will actually be a celebration of his success there and a reminder of his worst professional disappointmets in his time with knicks. Maybe its a dick move on the Bulls?
Thibs coached him at his greatest as a pro. Taj and Drose will be in the house. Let them have a good time and as long as we get the win!

Bulls have 12 straight games vs. playoff or play in teams from last season. I suspect by thanksgiving we’ll know if they are for real. They can win the east for all I care, thats on them. As long as we in the conversation other teams will be there also. Don’t matter who they are. Rivals are measured on the court not by fans.

fishmike
USA
10/28/2021  9:49 AM
Nalod wrote:Can’t tell if they are trolling the knicks on this one. Not the players, FO or the coaches. Dolan don’t care. So its not really a diss. Nobody in that arena will care.
Except Noah who took the money and partied. His night will actually be a celebration of his success there and a reminder of his worst professional disappointmets in his time with knicks. Maybe its a dick move on the Bulls?
Thibs coached him at his greatest as a pro. Taj and Drose will be in the house. Let them have a good time and as long as we get the win!

Bulls have 12 straight games vs. playoff or play in teams from last season. I suspect by thanksgiving we’ll know if they are for real. They can win the east for all I care, thats on them. As long as we in the conversation other teams will be there also. Don’t matter who they are. Rivals are measured on the court not by fans.

If you are going to have a Noah night you do it when Thibs and Rose are in the building. Thats a no brainer
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
10/28/2021  10:02 AM
fishmike wrote:
Nalod wrote:Can’t tell if they are trolling the knicks on this one. Not the players, FO or the coaches. Dolan don’t care. So its not really a diss. Nobody in that arena will care.

If you are going to have a Noah night you do it when Thibs and Rose are in the building. Thats a no brainer

And Taj Gibson. Its ironic given he is still getting paid here, but it makes sense given who makes sense to be in attendance

SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
10/28/2021  10:33 AM
We can never relive those old 90s Knicks vs Bulls games but tonight should be fun! Good to see both cities have good teams. It's healthy for the league, especially if this is a good game and there are some altercations.

Historically we never play well in Chicago. But it's Joakim Noah appreciate night so if there is any justice in the world, we should blow them out simply for how Noah tanked it when he came here. Bulls are tough with LaVine, DeRozan and Vucevic and they are playing defense. But it's pretty simple, if we play with energy and defend and our threes fall and we share the ball, we should be in this game late in the 4th on the road. All you can ask for.

ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
10/28/2021  11:05 AM
Noah fleeced us, and was not professional during his time here.

It’s a dick move while he’s still on our payroll IMO.

That said, if we come away with a convincing win it will be that much sweeter.

If we lose…

fishmike
USA
10/28/2021  11:32 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/28/2021  11:32 AM
VDesai wrote:
fishmike wrote:

And Taj Gibson. Its ironic given he is still getting paid here, but it makes sense given who makes sense to be in attendance

duh! I forgot about that one. I mean they literally got the band back together lol

Its pretty wild to see Rose/Thibs/Taj literally transforming our culture.

Seeing Rose last year and starting this year its really amazing we have him in this role. For all their wear and tear Kemba/Rose are 31/33 and this early platoon pattern we are seeing is looking fantastic out of the gate

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/28/2021  12:44 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
knicks1248
Member: #582
10/28/2021  1:31 PM
martin wrote:

who are they kidding, he's just embarrassed about his bogus law suit..

ES
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

10/28/2021  1:58 PM
martin wrote:

So Nerlens Noeleans then.

GameThread: Looking forward to Chicago, 8pm 10/28

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy