Author Thread
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

10/29/2021  7:50 AM
Knickoftime wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:Hahn with the hammer-it-home stat in the post-game

Kemba with 18 three pointers so far this season.
Elf had 29 all last year...

Where the Kemba haters at?

He's moved onto Quickley.

lol

AUTOADVERT
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

10/29/2021  8:15 AM
Bulls had Caruso and London’s guarding Julius. Last year hawks had undersized guys on him too. I suspect the idea is to better guard him off the dribble or perhaps quicker hands. In any event we need to punish those mismatches better
(5)(5)
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/29/2021  8:42 AM
Randle took only two shots down the stretch. He was passing out.
Randle missed an easy put back. If he pulled it down and ran clock down tht would have been good. But c’mon, it was an easy putback. He issed two free throws. It happens.
He is avg. 7 assists a game in 5 games. 23pts, but on higher volume. He is playing with two new starters.
RJ missed a few down the stretch. He has been clutch thought. Not last night.
Randle’s TO bounce pass to RJ was a great try. would have been a dagger.

Kemba, only thing bad is he gettng to the rim late in the game. At below 6 feet he does not have that burst. I suspect his 3 pt shooting will cool off a bit. Its off the charts. Thibs closing him or Rose out is a tough call.

Knicks as are most teams a work in progress still.
I predict they will blow games. Why? Its the NBA. teams blow leads.

IQ: I think we painted a too rosy scenario. Some of you had him “certaiin future allstar”. Not yet. The bump foul think took a weapon from him and his playmaking is also a work in progress. Fournier has that nice two man game with Randle which IQ needs to emulate. He does not have the height though to get that long three off like Evan does.

Love OBI’s block on the 3pt attempt!

Im ok if we never offer Lavine a contract. He is for sure more diciplined and a fine talent. So was Jamal Crawford. Guys that can get any shot off they want vs. a more fundamental based guy like Fournier that can play within a team concept. Not to say Lavine can never ever evolve. He has to some extent.

VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
10/29/2021  9:50 AM
Closing is obviously the no.1 concern for this team, with 3 mins to go, one stop or one basket at any point would've put the game away but they couldn't get that...and they fouled the Bulls too much.

The theme will be when teams key in on Randle down the stretch, how do you facilitate the offense? Almost blew the Boston game, let Philly cut a pretty big deficit, almost blew it last night. But hey, it ends up as 3 quality wins and we're 4-1. RJ Barrett good defense again.

EwingDeChile
Member: #5674
Chile
10/29/2021  9:54 AM
These guys almost give me a heart attack, but it feels so good to beat the sixers and the bulls in a row. Those were two teams that were supposed to be much better than our knicks.

I was really pissed off while watching, but checking the highlighs it's worth mentioning that we didn't execute as bad as it felt during the game. Two good 3pt shots missed by fournier, two FT that randle won't miss again, etc.

I'm going for the second time in my life to the garden on the 20th against the rockets, really excited to see this young and ferocious team.

BING BONG

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/29/2021  10:10 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:@Martin you're 1-0 during game threads.

Cant wait for you to make our NO Pelicans GT because I'm already over this Chicago win and can't wait to go 3-0 on the road @ New Orleans!

Don't give this man any credit. Notice anything about this game thread? No Rebecca posts and it nearly cost us the game

Haha you are not wrong. I usurped a thread and didn't do my Rebecca duty

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
10/29/2021  10:52 AM
Bottom line, a win is a win and we are 4-1. Which has only happened ONCE the last 20 YEARS! So guys do not take it for granted! Enjoy it!

RJ continues to grow and is on his way to becoming one of the premier two way players in the league. DeRozan is a tough cover who has made a living off those type of shots and RJ locked him down when it counted! RJ is also finishing a lot better so far. Kemba gives us a weapon on offense at PG we haven't had since probably Linsanity. Rob is going to have to start wearing Timbs. Him hurting his ankle every other game is getting annoying. Hopefully he can stay healthy cause he's playing well.

I'm not concerned too much about these late game collapses. I think it's more of the team not being in sync yet. As long as we come away with wins, that is all the matters. We dominated the undefeated Bulls for 45 minutes of that game. It's the NBA and teams will always make a run but I think it would help if we stop the Randle Iso late in the game. Only do it if he's having a good game scoring. But last night wasn't his night and Lonzo/Caruso were frustrating him. Randle kind of made it personal and tried to prove those guys couldn't guard him and normally they cannot but last night wasn't his night. Move the ball, run some pick and rolls, get some good shots.

Enjoy it guys! We're 4-1!

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

10/29/2021  12:27 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/29/2021  12:30 PM
I turned on WFAN this morning to Moose and Maggie -- I certainly don't expect anything but superficial Knicks coverage from them -- after the huge win late over the Celtics the story line for the big majority of their Knicks segment was all about Moose leaving the game early -- all about him. Entertaining for about 5 minutes tops but they've carried it into an ongoing thing. Anyway again what do I expect, but I digress. Today their focus was on the Knicks blowing the lead and Randle failing. Okay, valid points in the context of a brief part of the game -- but as the whole story...jeez.

We are 4 - 1. Just beat an undefeated team on the road after beating two good teams in the Celtics and Sixers. Past Knicks teams would have blown the lead instead of "hanging on" (as negatively reported). Call me a "homer" (hell yes I am) but I am tired of the lazy pot shot narrative as concerns our team. Of course these putzes are the first on the bandwagon when they see the wind has definitively shifted.

I like listening to Alan Hahn though. A hundred times more thorough but not looking through rose colored glasses at all times.

smackeddog
Member: #883
10/29/2021  1:03 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:Hahn with the hammer-it-home stat in the post-game

Kemba with 18 three pointers so far this season.
Elf had 29 all last year...

Where the Kemba haters at?

He's moved onto Quickley.

😂😂😂

smackeddog
Member: #883
10/29/2021  1:06 PM
KnickDanger wrote:I turned on WFAN this morning to Moose and Maggie -- I certainly don't expect anything but superficial Knicks coverage from them -- after the huge win late over the Celtics the story line for the big majority of their Knicks segment was all about Moose leaving the game early -- all about him. Entertaining for about 5 minutes tops but they've carried it into an ongoing thing. Anyway again what do I expect, but I digress. Today their focus was on the Knicks blowing the lead and Randle failing. Okay, valid points in the context of a brief part of the game -- but as the whole story...jeez.

We are 4 - 1. Just beat an undefeated team on the road after beating two good teams in the Celtics and Sixers. Past Knicks teams would have blown the lead instead of "hanging on" (as negatively reported). Call me a "homer" (hell yes I am) but I am tired of the lazy pot shot narrative as concerns our team. Of course these putzes are the first on the bandwagon when they see the wind has definitively shifted.

I like listening to Alan Hahn though. A hundred times more thorough but not looking through rose colored glasses at all times.

Just listen to Knicks fan tv, or Jonathon macri/Knicks film school post game coverage, or the strick.land podcast- you don’t need to listen to BS like moose and Maggie anymore

KnickDanger

10/29/2021  3:14 PM
smackeddog wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:I turned on WFAN this morning to Moose and Maggie -- I certainly don't expect anything but superficial Knicks coverage from them -- after the huge win late over the Celtics the story line for the big majority of their Knicks segment was all about Moose leaving the game early -- all about him. Entertaining for about 5 minutes tops but they've carried it into an ongoing thing. Anyway again what do I expect, but I digress. Today their focus was on the Knicks blowing the lead and Randle failing. Okay, valid points in the context of a brief part of the game -- but as the whole story...jeez.

Just listen to Knicks fan tv, or Jonathon macri/Knicks film school post game coverage, or the strick.land podcast- you don’t need to listen to BS like moose and Maggie anymore

Appreciate the recommendations -- but what would I biotch about then?!

Micheal dumbass Kay doing the same thing on WEPN now...douche on....

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/29/2021  3:55 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Love those postgame shows with Hahn and Wally Szerbiac, that whole crew gets honestly excited about the good crap, while not going all-out Sterling homer. Can hardly ever find them after a game anymore. They blacking out postgame shows now?

WFAN is a freakin waste of electrons.

KnickDanger

10/29/2021  4:10 PM
jrodmc wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Love those postgame shows with Hahn and Wally Szerbiac, that whole crew gets honestly excited about the good crap, while not going all-out Sterling homer. Can hardly ever find them after a game anymore. They blacking out postgame shows now?

WFAN is a freakin waste of electrons.

Yes -- Hahn and Szerbiac are great post game but I know they weren't on last night. They went straight to Larry Hardesty who is okay I guess. Cutting them would be a typical but stupid move.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/29/2021  4:20 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/29/2021  4:22 PM
smackeddog wrote:

Locked on Knicks is decent too. Former poster Enyspree also holds it down with the DieHard Knicks podcast. I notice Zach Lowe and KOC has thrown the Knicks more love as of late, but they have a more National focus. I don't know if Sim from NothingButKnicks is doing a podcast, but his YouTube shows are real good.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Kemet
Member: #6148

10/29/2021  8:11 PM
The Chi-Town Bulls were supposed to win their Home Game against the Knicks, but Thibs came-up with a Great winning Plan.
Last night game was the first game Randle as a Knicks did not shoot over 15 shots per game.
Randle played 35 min and only took a 11 shots, in the first half of the game Randle took 4 shots.
The Bulls coach & players were expecting Randle to play Hero-Ball and take his usual 20 shots or more last night, which probably would've resulted in a Knicks loss.
Randle grab 16 rebs, and passed out 9 Dimes helping a well orchestrated Knicks team ball-movement, and Iso-plays, plus the Knicks shot 75% from the 3-Ball line 15-20 WOW !!!
Carmelo Anthony never would've did that for the win SMH
KnickDanger

10/29/2021  9:36 PM
Kemet wrote:The Chi-Town Bulls were supposed to win their Home Game against the Knicks, but Thibs came-up with a Great winning Plan.
Last night game was the first game Randle as a Knicks did not shoot over 15 shots per game.
Randle played 35 min and only took a 11 shots, in the first half of the game Randle took 4 shots.
The Bulls coach & players were expecting Randle to play Hero-Ball and take his usual 20 shots or more last night, which probably would've resulted in a Knicks loss.
Randle grab 16 rebs, and passed out 9 Dimes helping a well orchestrated Knicks team ball-movement, and Iso-plays, plus the Knicks shot 75% from the 3-Ball line 15-20 WOW !!!

Gas/douchebags will never understand this.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/30/2021  7:43 AM
Kemet wrote:The Chi-Town Bulls were supposed to win their Home Game against the Knicks, but Thibs came-up with a Great winning Plan.

That can be construed as anti Melo but really he was not programmed to fill up the stat sheet. MElo is a HOF top tier scorere. Randle is not the scorer Melo was. Randle did what was neeed to win the game. Melo was needed for buckets.
Bulls doubled Randle daring others to win the game. They did. He passed out of them.
Everything went wrong at the end of the game and what happend, knicks stils won. `

gradyandrew
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #8959

10/30/2021  10:18 AM
I will hop on the Randlewagon and add that he dominated the game without scoring. He kept the ball moving and the offense humming. Chicago has a good team with plenty of talent,I thought it was close all game.
GameThread: Looking forward to Chicago, 8pm 10/28

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy