Member: #3049

1/31/2022  2:23 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
blkexec wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Can our Front Office just buy him out already and bring him up already?

Because I've seen enough. He's ready for the NBA.

If younger kids like Deuce, Grimes and Sims have all seen NBA playing time already, then why not Rokas Jokubaitis? Imo he's more NBA ready than any of them.

And he's also a natural/pure PG which is what we're in desperate need of right now.

If the Knicks include him in any trade package I'll become livid. Because he's got the potential to become the NBAs very next European Superstar on an NBA level.

Ok you peaked my interest. More nba ready than deuce and grimes???? Time to pay attention to this kid. Any footage against nba talent? Sorry but if JR Smith can average 50 in one of those top euro leagues, or even score 50…not sure which one it was. Then I would expect a nba ready player to dominate correct?

Everyone watched summer league right ? Grimes and McBride were dominant. Jokubaitis was solid but didn’t stand out in any way. He can definitely be good but he didn’t look NBA ready.

He only played a few games and was slowly getting better before having to go back. Now he's at the point where he's performing nicely in the world's second strongest league. Also, you need to take summer league with a grain of salt. Remember how much better Iggy B looked compared to RJ in summer league.

Perspective. The kid is averaging 22 mpg, 8ppg and 2.5 dimes per game in last 10. 32 year old Nico Laprovittola starts ahead of him. Dante Exum also gets minutes over him at PG.

Perspective. Kids production is better than Exum's, a former NBA player, by a substantial amount and it's not unusual for Euro coaches to play their vets over the youth, even if it's undeserved. The fact Joku got so many minutes in the early going was unusual. A perfect storm of injuries. But his production per 36 mins this season is 16 points, 5 assists on 45% three point shooting.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
AUTOADVERT
dodger78
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #250
Germany
1/31/2022  8:18 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
blkexec wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Can our Front Office just buy him out already and bring him up already?

Because I've seen enough. He's ready for the NBA.

If younger kids like Deuce, Grimes and Sims have all seen NBA playing time already, then why not Rokas Jokubaitis? Imo he's more NBA ready than any of them.

And he's also a natural/pure PG which is what we're in desperate need of right now.

If the Knicks include him in any trade package I'll become livid. Because he's got the potential to become the NBAs very next European Superstar on an NBA level.

Ok you peaked my interest. More nba ready than deuce and grimes???? Time to pay attention to this kid. Any footage against nba talent? Sorry but if JR Smith can average 50 in one of those top euro leagues, or even score 50…not sure which one it was. Then I would expect a nba ready player to dominate correct?

Everyone watched summer league right ? Grimes and McBride were dominant. Jokubaitis was solid but didn’t stand out in any way. He can definitely be good but he didn’t look NBA ready.

He only played a few games and was slowly getting better before having to go back. Now he's at the point where he's performing nicely in the world's second strongest league. Also, you need to take summer league with a grain of salt. Remember how much better Iggy B looked compared to RJ in summer league.

Perspective. The kid is averaging 22 mpg, 8ppg and 2.5 dimes per game in last 10. 32 year old Nico Laprovittola starts ahead of him. Dante Exum also gets minutes over him at PG.

Perspective. Kids production is better than Exum's, a former NBA player, by a substantial amount and it's not unusual for Euro coaches to play their vets over the youth, even if it's undeserved. The fact Joku got so many minutes in the early going was unusual. A perfect storm of injuries. But his production per 36 mins this season is 16 points, 5 assists on 45% three point shooting.

Yup thanks!
1. Exum is not playing PG for Barcelona
2. 22mpg for a 20yr old PG on a team like Barca on Euroleague level is amazing
3. Watch a game and you see how he literally takes over the game for Barca when he is on the floor. Dont go by the stats only (especially not in comparison to NBA numbers - too much differences in play!) - watch him play
4. Laprovitola is a very good scoring guard on Euroleague play

Rokas is a player - thats that! NO doubt about it!!! Watching him impact the game and how he does that to me actually resembles a little of what a VERY young Doncic (16-17yrs) did with Madrid back in the days!
Now will he have the same positive impact in the NBA - I really am in doubt but this is mainly because I do not think the Knicks are a good match for him. He needs a culture of - off ball screens and movement. Players working for each other etc. This quite frankly is not the case here when players like Randle play Pointforward...

Again I highly recommend to watch him... he is fun in the Euroleague!

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/1/2022  10:52 AM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
2/1/2022  11:30 AM
martin wrote:

If he ever plays for us, that announcer should be paired with Breen on Clyde’s nights off.

martin
USA
2/1/2022  12:59 PM
martin
USA
2/2/2022  7:47 AM
Who knew there was more than one stash to follow?

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9

2/2/2022  11:43 AM
martin wrote:Who knew there was more than one stash to follow?

Jazzmatazz got his revenge Rokas outplayed him in his first battle. To be fair, it looks like Rok didn't get the same minutes this game.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
2/8/2022  3:51 PM
Hopefully, Rokas or maybe Jaramaz comes next season and saves this PG problem we have.
martin
USA
2/8/2022  4:07 PM
NYKBocker wrote:Hopefully, Rokas or maybe Jaramaz comes next season and saves this PG problem we have.

Some FO for Knicks in Europe to watch Rokas now

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
2/8/2022  4:12 PM
martin wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:Hopefully, Rokas or maybe Jaramaz comes next season and saves this PG problem we have.

Some FO for Knicks in Europe to watch Rokas now

That's awesome. Can we bring him in this season?

BigDaddyG

2/19/2022  5:53 PM
Panos
Member: #520
2/19/2022  6:11 PM
Sorry to be the wet blanket, but i just don't see him translating to the NBA. Everything looks like half speed. Just my take.
NYKMentality
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4385

2/19/2022  6:40 PM
I just wish we could buy him out and play him post All-Star game in order to get a sneak peak into his game before heading into next season.
ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
2/19/2022  6:48 PM
Panos wrote:Sorry to be the wet blanket, but i just don't see him translating to the NBA. Everything looks like half speed. Just my take.

You know what, you are right. He is not lightning fast but that makes it even more impressive in my book. Luka D looks like he is running through molasses too sometimes.
Rokas has a great feel for getting his man off-balance, he has that slight hesi and it looks hella effective. Check out how he finishes in traffic tho, pretty impressive given his limited athleticism.

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
Panos
Member: #520
2/19/2022  6:50 PM
ramtour420 wrote:
Panos wrote:Sorry to be the wet blanket, but i just don't see him translating to the NBA. Everything looks like half speed. Just my take.
You know what, you are right. He is not lightning fast but that makes it even more impressive in my book. Luka D looks like he is running through molasses too sometimes.
Rokas has a great feel for getting his man off-balance, he has that slight hesi and it looks hella effective. Check out how he finishes in traffic tho, pretty impressive given his limited athleticism.

I hope I'm wrong and you're right!

BigDaddyG

2/19/2022  7:14 PM
ramtour420 wrote:

Also, while it took him awhile to warm up in Summer League, he held his own athletically. But he will never dominate anybody with his run/jump athleticism. His game relies on size, footwork and getting his man off balance.
martin
USA
2/20/2022  2:41 PM
martin
USA
2/21/2022  9:06 AM
Clean
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #743
2/21/2022  11:25 AM
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
2/21/2022  11:56 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/21/2022  11:57 AM
martin wrote:

I saw a snippet on a Jonathan macri article that there is a perception that Jokubaitis would be a late lotto pick if he entered this draft. Anyone know where that conversation is coming from ?

Rokas Jokubaitis alert

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy