[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Rokas Jokubaitis alert
Author Thread
nycericanguy
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9127

3/26/2024  6:22 PM
love it, He could fit right in and be like our draft pick if we trade our picks.
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/26/2024  6:22 PM

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
3/26/2024  6:25 PM
nycericanguy wrote:love it, He could fit right in and be like our draft pick if we trade our picks.

I’ve always thought in terms of Rokas being a really low rent Brunson or Doncic

martin
USA
3/26/2024  6:34 PM
nycericanguy
Member: #9127

3/26/2024  6:35 PM
martin wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:love it, He could fit right in and be like our draft pick if we trade our picks.

we have built a high IQ, cohesive team.

When I watch Alec Burks now, it's jarring how much of an ISO chucker he is and how much we don't play like that anymore. Especially since Randle has been out.

We are definitely well suited to bring him in and his style of play.

ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
3/26/2024  6:48 PM
Whenever I read Rokas' name, I say it in my head like an announcer right after he scores.
martin
USA
3/26/2024  7:27 PM
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/26/2024  8:25 PM
martin wrote:

If the size is right then I can definitely see him fitting off the bench alongside McBride.

technomaster
Member: #426
USA
3/26/2024  8:28 PM
He plays with aggression. I don’t know where he fits in on this team - maybe as the 2nd guard off the bench?

It’s funny but we cleared out Grimes and Quickley, and McBride has really stepped in and taken the spots.

I think Rojas can be really good if given the opportunity, perhaps even a potential all-star candidate in the right year.

I don’t think it’ll be with the Knicks - we have too much invested in Villanova in the next 2 seasons for the opportunity to come.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/26/2024  8:33 PM
martin wrote:

Oh, no 😱What about Burks?

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
USA
3/26/2024  8:34 PM
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:

If the size is right then I can definitely see him fitting off the bench alongside McBride.

Oh yeah, he is legit 6’4” and big

martin
USA
3/26/2024  8:35 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:

Oh, no 😱What about Burks?

Burks is low rent Rokas at this point

martin
USA
3/26/2024  8:39 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/26/2024  8:40 PM
technomaster wrote:He plays with aggression. I don’t know where he fits in on this team - maybe as the 2nd guard off the bench?

It’s funny but we cleared out Grimes and Quickley, and McBride has really stepped in and taken the spots.

I think Rojas can be really good if given the opportunity, perhaps even a potential all-star candidate in the right year.

I don’t think it’ll be with the Knicks - we have too much invested in Villanova in the next 2 seasons for the opportunity to come.

He will be put on the 3 year Deuce development plan at the end of the bench. And don’t be late for practice at dawn and extra practice after practice and then for extra shooting practice after that followed by film watching with Thibs til midnight, bring the snacks cause coach gotta eat.

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
3/26/2024  9:10 PM
martin wrote:

Speaking of Jonas Valanciunas, can you imagine what Thibs could do with that beast? He's like the ultimate Thibs player.

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
3/26/2024  9:12 PM
martin wrote:
technomaster wrote:He plays with aggression. I don’t know where he fits in on this team - maybe as the 2nd guard off the bench?

He will be put on the 3 year Deuce development plan at the end of the bench. And don’t be late for practice at dawn and extra practice after practice and then for extra shooting practice after that followed by film watching with Thibs til midnight, bring the snacks cause coach gotta eat.

If he just replaces Burks, he'll be fine.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
3/26/2024  9:36 PM
Him attempting to come over and earn it starting with summer league is a great sign.

Guard version of Deni for us????

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
3/26/2024  10:15 PM
martin wrote:

Maybe he'd be willing to leave Europe for that. I'd expect that he'd want to have a good shot at playing 15mpg... basically what he's been getting in 2023-2024. Based on the numbers, he shoots 2s at 50%+ and 3s at 40%+.

He'd have some good guards to help him get more veteran wile if he doesn't already have it. Brunson/Devo/McBride aren't elite athletic specimens but they definitely get it done. I look at McBride's performances in NBA games this year and dang, I don't think he could do what he's doing now last year. I think he's been studying how Brunson gets it done. Maybe Rokas figures he comes here for 2 years, and if it doesn't work out, he could still go back in Europe (or China or wherever!) with more tools in his bag of tricks.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/26/2024  10:41 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/26/2024  10:43 PM
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:

I just want to know if there’s any recent scouting of him that can give an idea of what he really is at this point. There’s very little mentioned about him this season. The hype around his Rising star award is gone. My baseline is how does he compare to Tyler Kolek, same age , size and overall game, who is the top PG at the college level right now. I just want to her a feel for how good Rokas really is at this point. I’m stuck between wanting to sign him and wanting to draft a first round PG like Kolek, Carter or McCain.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/27/2024  12:47 AM
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:

I just want to know if there’s any recent scouting of him that can give an idea of what he really is at this point. There’s very little mentioned about him this season. The hype around his Rising star award is gone. My baseline is how does he compare to Tyler Kolek, same age , size and overall game, who is the top PG at the college level right now. I just want to her a feel for how good Rokas really is at this point. I’m stuck between wanting to sign him and wanting to draft a first round PG like Kolek, Carter or McCain.

There's no comparison yet. The Rok has been doing it against pros in the toughest league outside the NBA. He did it against team USA. The real question is how he holds against NBA speed. I remember him holding up decently the last time he played in SL and he does look like his reaction speed has increased. It would be nice if he pops because he offered a level a playmaking the bench has been missing.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/27/2024  7:15 AM
My guess is his value goes up just by committing to SL. Perhaps his trade value is as a 1st round pick.
IF teams call making inquiry for him, thats good.
If he plays well vs SL talent, its a start.
All star talent? Lets see if he has the quickness to hang. He looks like he has the “craftyness” to get it done.
These Euro guards stats are not great predictors. If a player throws out hints he is leaving for NBA they get less minutes?
They are pass first often and play harder in shorter shifts.
Ceiling? He kind of reminds me of IQ with his craftiness. Since we often compare black to black, white to white, I’d say a shorter version of Dragic. Strong kid that can shoot.
Rokas Jokubaitis alert

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy