[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

More OBI and Randle Please..less mitch to start the season
Author Thread
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
10/22/2021  9:14 AM
It’s all about options. Will be times when each combination we have will be more necessary than the other. Mitch has just come back from injury and still isn’t in optimal shape. Yet has been putting in this type of work. So looking really good on that end. But at the end of the day whoever is producing will get burn.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Member: #582
12/1/2021  10:25 AM
I have no IDEA what Thibs is thinking...Mitch and Randle together have been a Minus in almost every single game this season, and kemba was used as almost as a scape goat (not saying he wasn't part of the problem in the starting unit)..

OBI mean while has been a plus almost every game no matter who he's on the floor with, and he gets 12 DAMN minutes against a nets team that had no real center..

This Love affair with Mitch and Randle together is going to kill us

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/1/2021  12:25 PM
knicks1248 wrote:I have no IDEA what Thibs is thinking...Mitch and Randle together have been a Minus in almost every single game this season, and kemba was used as almost as a scape goat (not saying he wasn't part of the problem in the starting unit)..

OBI mean while has been a plus almost every game no matter who he's on the floor with, and he gets 12 DAMN minutes against a nets team that had no real center..

Its a start of self actualization that your playing checkers, and the COY is playing 3-demensional chess. You look at symptoms, Thibs is looking at the full board.
Don’t mean he is getting it right at the present or what the future involves but you have to understand ast some level its not a good look for you.

You have no idea what Thibs is thinking? Its ok to have questioning thoughts but usually one catches themselves. You didn’t. Thibs>1248.

Please do that thing where you start questioning Rudy Gorberts contract so we can say “UTAH has most efficient offense”. https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat/offensive-efficiency

Its funny when you stand up with certainty and act the fool.

EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
12/1/2021  5:34 PM
knicks1248 wrote:I have no IDEA what Thibs is thinking...Mitch and Randle together have been a Minus in almost every single game this season, and kemba was used as almost as a scape goat (not saying he wasn't part of the problem in the starting unit)..

I don't know why everyone is blaming the fabric of the umbrella for the person underneath getting wet. The handle is just as crucial an element of the umbrella as the fabric. But the spokes are also part of the umbrella. Why not blame the spokes too? Fabric, handle and spokes are all a crucial part of the keeping a person dry. Yeah, the fabric has a hole in it, but that doesn't make it any more to blame...

This is the Randle.
blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
12/1/2021  6:47 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/1/2021  6:48 PM
knicks1248 wrote:OBI

When Randle and Toppin were on the floor together for a shade under 16 minutes, the Knicks outscored the Celtics by 12, with Toppin burning Boston in transition, taking off after missed shots and finishing with ease at the other end. In 28 minutes, the second-year forward scored 14 points.

When I am on the court with him and I see that he has the rebound, I take off and that is what I do best,

Not only OBI, but RJ and rose also benefit when OBI is in transition with easy ally oops, back door cuts.

Im betting it will be more than 16 minutes in the near future because, as much as THIBS love Rim protectors the goal is still to out score your opponent..

Randle

“I think it was really effective, us being able to create activity, get stops and get out and run on the offensive end,” Randle said. “If they put me at the 5, I feel like any 5 in the league, it’s going to be a mismatch. I do embrace that role, but I’ll do whatever Thibs asks me.”

Randle wanting to play center
VS
What Thibs believes is best for the team

What about the 7fter Randle has to guard in the post? That will impact his offense, his jumper, and energy level. What about Randles lack of defense at the center position? How is this a smart lineup if Randle and Obi man scores more than them?

This thinking is similar to What happened with Kemba. We all know Kemba defense is below average. But we expected Kemba offense to balance his weakness. Ask Kemba how that turned out. Randle will be in a similar position. He will use up his energy moving bodies around in the post and his legs will get fatigued and affect his multiple jumpers. While his man easily grabs offensive rebounds to give them multiple shot attempts.

On 2k it works because You are in control of Randles defense and Obi defense against a computer. In real life, I trust the COY with numerous yrs of head coaching experience. For every negative about Mitch, there’s double in positives, when looking at the complete picture and not just offense.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/1/2021  10:16 PM
blkexec wrote:

When Randle and Toppin were on the floor together for a shade under 16 minutes, the Knicks outscored the Celtics by 12, with Toppin burning Boston in transition, taking off after missed shots and finishing with ease at the other end. In 28 minutes, the second-year forward scored 14 points.

When I am on the court with him and I see that he has the rebound, I take off and that is what I do best,

Not only OBI, but RJ and rose also benefit when OBI is in transition with easy ally oops, back door cuts.

Im betting it will be more than 16 minutes in the near future because, as much as THIBS love Rim protectors the goal is still to out score your opponent..

Randle

“I think it was really effective, us being able to create activity, get stops and get out and run on the offensive end,” Randle said. “If they put me at the 5, I feel like any 5 in the league, it’s going to be a mismatch. I do embrace that role, but I’ll do whatever Thibs asks me.”

VS

What about the 7fter Randle has to guard in the post? That will impact his offense, his jumper, and energy level. What about Randles lack of defense at the center position? How is this a smart lineup if Randle and Obi man scores more than them?

This thinking is similar to What happened with Kemba. We all know Kemba defense is below average. But we expected Kemba offense to balance his weakness. Ask Kemba how that turned out. Randle will be in a similar position. He will use up his energy moving bodies around in the post and his legs will get fatigued and affect his multiple jumpers. While his man easily grabs offensive rebounds to give them multiple shot attempts.

On 2k it works because You are in control of Randles defense and Obi defense against a computer. In real life, I trust the COY with numerous yrs of head coaching experience. For every negative about Mitch, there’s double in positives, when looking at the complete picture and not just offense.

Maybe Thibs wants to use Randle at the 5 but needed a rim protector with kemba. We had to protect the paint and that left the wide open 3’s as we did not transition back fast enough or seal passing lanes with Kemba.
Im not saying Burkes is the answer but his length helps. IF Randle went to the 5 with Kemba it could have been a disaster? Just a thought. Good offense begins with Defense.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

12/1/2021  11:23 PM
Nalod wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Randle

VS

Maybe Thibs wants to use Randle at the 5 but needed a rim protector with kemba. We had to protect the paint and that left the wide open 3’s as we did not transition back fast enough or seal passing lanes with Kemba.
Im not saying Burkes is the answer but his length helps. IF Randle went to the 5 with Kemba it could have been a disaster? Just a thought. Good offense begins with Defense.

Good point. With the big guard lineup playing Randle at Center is feasible. If the guards can deny dribble penetration Randle can focus on positioning and rebounding.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
knicks1248
Member: #582
12/2/2021  9:53 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
Nalod wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Randle

VS

Good point. With the big guard lineup playing Randle at Center is feasible. If the guards can deny dribble penetration Randle can focus on positioning and rebounding.

What 7 footer in the league is posting up they're all shooting jump shots...Outside of Embiid, what Center in the east would Randle have trouble guarding,

You probably couldn't even name all of the starting centers on every team in the East with out looking, that's how irrelevant that position has become, but I bet you could name every starting PG in the NBA

It pisses me off when I see a kid that has so many resources at his disposal (great coaching staff, top notch practice facility, health experts, veteran players) but still has not elevate his game on any level.

You every see Mitch leaking out like OBI, no because he so far in the paint.

ES
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/2/2021  5:20 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Clean
Member: #743
12/2/2021  6:09 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/2/2021  6:10 PM
martin wrote:

The funny thing is even with those numbers the 1st blown defensive assignment Obi is getting pulled. Knicks twitter posted that Obi lead the team in PER for Nov. How does the team leader in PER struggle to get over 13 minutes?
BMart
Member: #8928

12/2/2021  6:27 PM
Clean wrote:
martin wrote:

The funny thing is even with those numbers the 1st blown defensive assignment Obi is getting pulled. Knicks twitter posted that Obi lead the team in PER for Nov. How does the team leader in PER struggle to get over 13 minutes?

Clearly Thibs didn’t want this kid. We are better with him on the court but Thibs has a pecking order with the veterans, we need to develop our lottery pick

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

12/2/2021  6:52 PM
BMart wrote:
Clean wrote:
martin wrote:

Clearly Thibs didn’t want this kid. We are better with him on the court but Thibs has a pecking order with the veterans, we need to develop our lottery pick

I don’t know what Obi’s per 36 numbers are but guessing around 24pts 9rebs

NYKMentality
Member: #4385

12/2/2021  7:03 PM
Mitchell Robinson has the 2nd highest Player Efficiency Rating on our team. Only behind Julius Randle.

Yes. I really like Obi too especially his athleticism but no, he does not IMPACT more than Mitchell Robinson (who's still gaining his stamina back).

EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
12/2/2021  7:22 PM
NYKMentality wrote:Mitchell Robinson has the 2nd highest Player Efficiency Rating on our team. Only behind Julius Randle.

Yes. I really like Obi too especially his athleticism but no, he does not IMPACT more than Mitchell Robinson (who's still gaining his stamina back).

When talking about getting Obi more minutes, it might be worth considering his ability to play center. The kid has a 7'2 wingspan together with his 6,9 height. He doesn't have the tanky build that Randle has. Randle having a bit more weight in muscle behind him. But maybe this team needs to play two PFs more. I think we are just looking for more ways to get Toppin more minutes.

This is the Randle.
More OBI and Randle Please..less mitch to start the season

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy