[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

So far fourmier and Kemba have been fair at best
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/16/2021  8:19 AM
Same thing as last year. Rose and Randle have to bail us out. iq also doesn’t look much improved at all

Even though Grimes did not shoot well he played well. Looks the part. I also like the Obie activity.

I wonder at some point if we start grimes and play Fournier off the bench. We’re getting down double digits again. Same same same

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
HoustonSprewell84
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #8931

10/16/2021  8:51 AM
BRIGGS wrote:Same thing as last year. Rose and Randle have to bail us out. iq also doesn’t look much improved at all

Even though Grimes did not shoot well he played well. Looks the part. I also like the Obie activity.

I wonder at some point if we start grimes and play Fournier off the bench. We’re getting down double digits again. Same same same

I blame the slow starts on Taj Gibson, more than Fournier, Kemba.
Taj Gibson is not a starting center, wizards and Pistons both feasted in the paint and on pick and rolls while he was in the game. And fouled out, in 20 minutes.
The game changed when put Mitch in and Obi at the 5.
I got the feeling yesterday, after seeing the way Obi played at the 5 with Randle.
I don’t see any spot in the rotation for Taj after Mitch and Noel get healthy.

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
10/16/2021  9:00 AM
Grimes is not starting over Evan. The Knicks did not pay Evan $17 mil a year to sit on the bench and Evan is a baller. He will adjust to the team and once he does, this offense is going to be potent. I am concerned about whether Walker can guard anyone. That is going to be an ongoing problem. The first unit will need about 10-15 games together before they start to gel. Too early to panic now.
Trust the Process
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
10/16/2021  9:04 AM
Yo it's the preseason!
And they are new!

Don't be unreasonable.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
10/16/2021  9:05 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/16/2021  9:06 AM
Kemba is obviously easing into this. Fournier will have his moments and take over games. Grimes definitely has a role though and will take some time from Fournier here and there for his defense and activity.
Clean
Member: #743
10/16/2021  9:08 AM
I am not worried about EF. His D has been better than I was led to believe. Once both get chemistry with the starters and get into a rhythm their scoring will be fine. Kemba's D was a real problem though. The Wiz lived in the paint when he was on the court. Hopefully when Noel and Mitch are back to 100% they will help mitigate that problem.
smackeddog
Member: #883
10/16/2021  12:45 PM
Ah, it's the annual BRIGGS over-reacting to the preseason thread (last year you were insisting you didn't;t believe rookies and young players needed time to develop and that IQ looked like trash).

We've won 4 preseason games, so looks like we're going to go 82-0 and beat everyone!...

I said on another thread don't get bummed out if Fournier has a slow start, he said after the olympics he was mainly going to rest over the summer and let his body recover

Kemba's played 3 games... Jesus. Bill Simmons said Kemba usually looked bad on his first game back after a rest game.

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

10/16/2021  3:11 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Same thing as last year. Rose and Randle have to bail us out. iq also doesn’t look much improved at all

Serious question: How does this happen every year?

RJ Barrett's breakout should be fresh in ALL our minds.

When did that happen?

The preaseason?

Openning night?

Nope - game 13.

We saw it happen, yes somehow those who think themselves as "fans" can't remember it.

You don't make these judgement in the preseason and/or after a handful of games.

You just don't.

Because sports.

BRIGGS
10/16/2021  4:01 PM
No. We need these guys to play better
Randle and Rose incredible. I just need helpful. So far at full boat that’s not the case. We were trying so no preseason bs. Play better
RIP Crushalot😞
Knickoftime

10/16/2021  4:49 PM
BRIGGS wrote:No. We need these guys to play better
Randle and Rose incredible. I just need helpful. So far at full boat that’s not the case. We were trying so no preseason bs. Play better

You can't explain professional sports to people who don't understand professional sports.

It's correctly measured in weeks and months and seasons, not innings, quarters, games or even days.

It seems near impossible people who watch it all the time don't grasp that.

But here we are.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/16/2021  5:21 PM
Knickoftime wrote:

You can't explain professional sports to people who don't understand professional sports.

It's correctly measured in weeks and months and seasons, not innings, quarters, games or even days.

But here we are.

True. Its also measured in increments. Full season stats say one thing. Three game increments might demonstrate patterns. Patterns measure change, effort, attempts etc. What don’t know what coach tells players to do. we only see the moment.
If you take out perhaps RJ first 10 games last season, then meaure the next 10 by itself it might tell two tales. Then games 20-30. what does that look like? Etc. Same for all or guys.

blkexec
Member: #748
10/16/2021  6:41 PM
Thibs said it himself, I'm just the messenger. The second unit, led by DRose, had time to gel last year. The 1st unit got shuffled a little bit. So it will take Walker and EF time to gel. Walker needs time and patience due to his injury past. EF needs time to see where he fits in and exactly what does the knicks need. EF has several tools in his offensive bag. Once he finds the right tool, knicks offense goes from manual to automatic.
Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
10/16/2021  10:06 PM
I think we've already seen what Fournier and Kemba can do for the team. The Knicks over the pre-season have played with a pace and fluidity on offense rarely seen last year. Fournier, more so than anything else, is a playmaker. Fast decisions, makes the defense react and commit, creates movement. Kemba is more of the same. And both of these guys can hit the perimeter shot.

Fournier/Walker, having earned their big contracts, don't need to be greedy to prove themselves for the next big contract. All of these pros have egos, but given that they came to the Knicks to be part of a winning team and NOT to be the superstars, they can focus on the goal of making their teammates and the team overall look good.

RJ looks ready to take another step forward and he'll need to continue to get more opportunities to continue his development. Fournier is good enough as a veteran to hold his own vs RJ and rightly demand his own touches. But I think he understands that he's here to support RJ's ascent... and if RJ isn't ready, step in and take over when needed from the wing.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Clean
Member: #743
10/17/2021  12:03 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/17/2021  12:05 AM
technomaster wrote:I think we've already seen what Fournier and Kemba can do for the team. The Knicks over the pre-season have played with a pace and fluidity on offense rarely seen last year. Fournier, more so than anything else, is a playmaker. Fast decisions, makes the defense react and commit, creates movement. Kemba is more of the same. And both of these guys can hit the perimeter shot.

Fournier/Walker, having earned their big contracts, don't need to be greedy to prove themselves for the next big contract. All of these pros have egos, but given that they came to the Knicks to be part of a winning team and NOT to be the superstars, they can focus on the goal of making their teammates and the team overall look good.

RJ looks ready to take another step forward and he'll need to continue to get more opportunities to continue his development. Fournier is good enough as a veteran to hold his own vs RJ and rightly demand his own touches. But I think he understands that he's here to support RJ's ascent... and if RJ isn't ready, step in and take over when needed from the wing.

I totally agree. I am not as down on EF as some people. His defense is not as bad people said. He has not shot well yet but his fit on the team has been huge for our overall scoring. The space he creates with his passing, driving and overall decision making is not getting enough credit. How much better has our offense gotten this year and the only main changes in guys who get major playing time is EF and Kemba. It's easy to ignore when they themselves are not taking advantage of the space but others are. I do not want to go back to a steady diet of Zones and ISO hero ball because we have no space on offense.

BRIGGS
10/17/2021  12:43 AM
Clean wrote:
technomaster wrote:I think we've already seen what Fournier and Kemba can do for the team. The Knicks over the pre-season have played with a pace and fluidity on offense rarely seen last year. Fournier, more so than anything else, is a playmaker. Fast decisions, makes the defense react and commit, creates movement. Kemba is more of the same. And both of these guys can hit the perimeter shot.

I totally agree. I am not as down on EF as some people. His defense is not as bad people said. He has not shot well yet but his fit on the team has been huge for our overall scoring. The space he creates with his passing, driving and overall decision making is not getting enough credit. How much better has our offense gotten this year and the only main changes in guys who get major playing time is EF and Kemba. It's easy to ignore when they themselves are not taking advantage of the space but others are. I do not want to go back to a steady diet of Zones and ISO hero ball because we have no space on offense.

Not down on any player. I feel they can play better. AND we need them to be better. But I dont like the excuse of trying to fit in. My take is play a tad better--nothing else. I know Thibs probably thinks this way. He doesnt like excuses. So no critiscm per se--just tough encouragement to pick up your games

RIP Crushalot😞
Knickoftime

10/17/2021  11:22 AM
Nalod wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

But here we are.

True. Its also measured in increments. Full season stats say one thing. Three game increments might demonstrate patterns.

Sure, it might.

But we don't know if it is, and then it just becomes a guessing game of unreliable indications.

Orlando Magic MIGHT have been a playoff team when they started 4-0 and 6-2 last season.

Barrett MIGHT have done more harm than good when he changed his shot last offseason and started out shooting like .250 from 3 for the first month of last season.

The indisputable fact is the smaller the sample size the less reliable the "patterns" are and people who follow sports closely shouldn't need splits to recognize this. They should know it better than anyone.

It's IMPOSSIBLE not to see it in plain sight unless you're trying hard not to.

And I'm even gonna mention to this point in time we're effectively about practice.

Practice.

We're talking about practice.

Practice.

Knickoftime

10/17/2021  11:26 AM
BRIGGS wrote:So no critiscm per se--just tough encouragement to pick up your games

Heh. Tough encouragement to players who don't see or hear said tough encouragement is like "...or bust" when "...or bust" means I'm not going to do anything different.

In other words - vapor.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/17/2021  12:42 PM
The team does not meet Briggs expectations. “They need to do better”.

Don’t we all………….

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

10/17/2021  1:41 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/17/2021  1:43 PM

They both have not played well but overall the team is still more talented than last year. Kemba at 8 million per is still an absolute steal. What I hope happens is Grimes steps up and Fournier becomes a nice contract to use in a trade for an elite SF.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
10/17/2021  7:45 PM
Kemba's played what 3 games so far and Fournier 4 ??? WTF? Lets wait like 25% of the season to start making evaluations
Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
So far fourmier and Kemba have been fair at best

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy