[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

New Luka, who dis? (Samanic to Two Way Contract)
Author Thread
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
10/15/2021  1:38 PM
Knicks sign Luka Samanic to a two way contract. Unlike our other revolving door of contacts, I suppose this one has a bit more staying power.

On paper, sounds good. 6'11". 21 years old. Recent first round draft pick for San Antonio (2019).

Some recent footage from last week. Meh.

I guess he'll compete with Sims for 4th stringer?

AUTOADVERT
Clean
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #743
10/15/2021  2:07 PM
The spurs are usually good with draft picks so if they waived him I am not sure how much he will be able to help. I would love to be pleasantly surprised but I am not expecting anything from this guy.
Clean
10/15/2021  2:31 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/15/2021  2:36 PM
Some Spurs fans are saying he has talent but suffers from low motor/effort. I don't like low motor players. Its been my major issue with Knox. Here was the final straw with Coach Pop.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/15/2021  2:36 PM
https://www.poundingtherock.com/2021/10/11/22721523/luka-samanic-and-the-spurs-were-never-quite-right-for-each-other

Im sure knicks are hip to this but think they can make a breakthru? Spurs had 17 under contract.
This dude either abides to the ways of Thibs or be gone.
Could be thought if Knox is a trade chip of sorts there is room for advancement?
Number of scenarios were this makes sense and plenty of it not.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/15/2021  2:44 PM
MaTT4281 wrote:Knicks sign Luka Samanic to a two way contract. Unlike our other revolving door of contacts, I suppose this one has a bit more staying power.

On paper, sounds good. 6'11". 21 years old. Recent first round draft pick for San Antonio (2019).

This guy makes KP look like Bam Adebayo from a motor standpoint
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Clean
10/15/2021  3:00 PM
Here is the full story on this guy. Click to read the entire thread.

gradyandrew
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #8959

10/15/2021  7:39 PM
This is great news! He has the best tattoo in the NBA, hopefully the NY media will get a story about it.
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
10/15/2021  8:14 PM

I mean, why not. Just a few years ago he looked like an athletic perimeter big.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

10/15/2021  10:43 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:Knicks sign Luka Samanic to a two way contract. Unlike our other revolving door of contacts, I suppose this one has a bit more staying power.

This guy makes KP look like Bam Adebayo from a motor standpoint

This is pretty bad.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
unstopaball12
Member: #1137
Philippines
10/16/2021  1:27 PM
Clean wrote:Here is the full story on this guy. Click to read the entire thread.

Looks like he won’t get any burn here too. He looks lazier than Knox and with a 2 way contract no way he sees time this year

Nalod
USA
10/16/2021  3:50 PM
17 players under contract and he showed his ass. Thru experiences and maturity will he have gained knowledge from humility?
Or does he stagnate? Fans rarely give any thought to what an be. We extrapolate the past and present to the future.
Kid has talent. So does knox. Question can they toughen up to stay in the league?
Can any fan really say with certainty? No. Odds are easy to say not. They fail to impress its likly to continue.
But what knicks do is create opportunity which is the first tenant to creating luck.
Simple, Spurs let you go. That says plenty. First that they saw the potential. Then they had a choice to make. They had too many contracts and cut him loose.
Leon and co. Know whats up. He signed with us so he knows whats up too. Play harder. Take it from Knox. Knox has to dig deeper now. Its a tough business!
TPercy
Member: #5748

10/16/2021  3:56 PM
ass
The Future is Bright!
Jimbo5
Member: #8854

10/17/2021  3:56 AM
Looked at some of his highlights from Europe, the skills and agility are seen but the strength is clearly lacking. Compared to his highlights with the Spurs, his strength and conditioning have improved. I have seen some Spurs boxscores last year and he has some game where he was able to contribute well offensively. The big question mark with is game is his motor. The Knicks coaching staff and the front office have been dealing with players that lack motor (Knox in particular). I think a year under this team's coaching staff will be enough for them to evaluate if this Luka is a keeper or not. I think he has skills if the work ethic of the young knicks(RJ, IQ, Obi, Deuce and Grimes) can rub off on him, the knicks might be able to add a rotation player to its young core.
BigDaddyG

1/6/2022  7:21 AM
Luka back and on the attack.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
1/6/2022  7:43 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:Luka back and on the attack.

That score board was wild to watch along side the highlights. Only to see the final was 127 - 108 Grand Rapids.

Nalod
USA
1/6/2022  8:12 AM
They playing him at center or PF? He came to the league as a 3 but is getting thicker and not quick enough.
One of many tall Euro’s with all around offensive game but soft on the boards and defense. Always looking for the “unicorn” type plyaer.
Again, Gleague is not the NBA and this kid is being groomed for a new role? We have a roster spot open and perhaps he fills it?
Is there a deal being thought of where Knox gets moved and he fills that spot off the bench? He looks like he is hitting the weights since last season. Curious to know what Leon/MIlls have in mind for him.
BigDaddyG

1/6/2022  8:19 AM
Nalod wrote:They playing him at center or PF? He came to the league as a 3 but is getting thicker and not quick enough.
One of many tall Euro’s with all around offensive game but soft on the boards and defense. Always looking for the “unicorn” type plyaer.
Again, Gleague is not the NBA and this kid is being groomed for a new role? We have a roster spot open and perhaps he fills it?
Is there a deal being thought of where Knox gets moved and he fills that spot off the bench? He looks like he is hitting the weights since last season. Curious to know what Leon/MIlls have in mind for him.

He's playing PF/C. I think he's definitely a PF at the next level who can probably spot the team some minutes at center.

Nalod
USA
1/6/2022  8:33 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Nalod wrote:They playing him at center or PF? He came to the league as a 3 but is getting thicker and not quick enough.

He's playing PF/C. I think he's definitely a PF at the next level who can probably spot the team some minutes at center.

If he can hold his ground on defense he’ll have a career. He is the anti Obi. slow but a good shooter.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/6/2022  8:55 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:

I haven't watched a ton of highlights but do you think he can hold down the C/PF spots effectively?

He seems slow and not rugged

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
USA
1/6/2022  8:59 AM
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

I haven't watched a ton of highlights but do you think he can hold down the C/PF spots effectively?

He seems slow and not rugged

I thought his off season tatoo’s really made him more durable.

New Luka, who dis? (Samanic to Two Way Contract)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy