Author Thread
NYKMentality
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4385

10/14/2021  12:28 PM
Some say its just preseason.

I say EXACTLY.

Because to me?

It's crazy to look THIS GOOD, THIS SOON; during PRESEASON!

Not only are we good but we're DEEP and imo the most talented ROSTER we've ever experienced since dating back to when I first started watching basketball in 1991

60+ wins is happening.

AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/14/2021  12:47 PM
I expect a season similar to that 54 win season where Melo played PF. We will beat up anyone with less talent. We will have a top 5 defense and a 10 man rotation that is pretty good. I expect us to struggle vs. elite teams and sometimes getting stops vs those teams as well. We are a good team and well coached and our D and depth will keep us in the fight every night. 60 wins is tough and NBA probably averages about one 60+ winner a year. 60 wins = best team in the league. Not sure thats the Knicks (yet) For the Knicks to win 60 we will need to see things we have not seen yet...

Randle taking another step up to Jokic level
RJ becoming a 20/6/6 2-way all star
Obi/IQ having breakout sophomore seasons
Kemba/Rose give us 60 games and 28mpg and are healthy for the postseason

All the things we are dreaming of that *can* come true are no sure thing to, but its gonna be fun to watch for sure

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
knicks1248
Member: #582
10/14/2021  1:00 PM
NYKMentality wrote:Some say its just preseason.

I say EXACTLY.

Because to me?

Not only are we good but we're DEEP and imo the most talented ROSTER we've ever experienced since dating back to when I first started watching basketball in 1991

60+ wins is happening.

Watching these preseason games, THIBS is coaching like these are regular season games. Randle and RJ played 30+ minutes last night, and if i didn't know better i would have thought this was game 21 of the regular season.

The adjustments we made after the first half told it all, the defensive intensity went way up, the execution more crisp, and they literally challenged every shot Detroit put up.

After rose minor ankle injury against the WIZ I was really surprised he played and Kemba sat.

TT just building good hard working habits..GOTTA LOVE IT, that sht will carry over

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/14/2021  1:03 PM
fishmike wrote:I expect a season similar to that 54 win season where Melo played PF. We will beat up anyone with less talent. We will have a top 5 defense and a 10 man rotation that is pretty good. I expect us to struggle vs. elite teams and sometimes getting stops vs those teams as well. We are a good team and well coached and our D and depth will keep us in the fight every night. 60 wins is tough and NBA probably averages about one 60+ winner a year. 60 wins = best team in the league. Not sure thats the Knicks (yet) For the Knicks to win 60 we will need to see things we have not seen yet...

All the things we are dreaming of that *can* come true are no sure thing to, but its gonna be fun to watch for sure

Its possible. Might have to add Knox morphing into a Robert Horry type player. Not 7 chip HOF role player quite yet but to give us 15 min microwave scoring with way improved defense. RJ 20/6/ is very doable.
Mitch has to really step up a bit from a lock step with Noel. We might lose him if he does not extend but thats how **** works.

gradyandrew
Member: #8959

10/14/2021  8:18 PM
Nalod wrote:
fishmike wrote:I expect a season similar to that 54 win season where Melo played PF. We will beat up anyone with less talent. We will have a top 5 defense and a 10 man rotation that is pretty good. I expect us to struggle vs. elite teams and sometimes getting stops vs those teams as well. We are a good team and well coached and our D and depth will keep us in the fight every night. 60 wins is tough and NBA probably averages about one 60+ winner a year. 60 wins = best team in the league. Not sure thats the Knicks (yet) For the Knicks to win 60 we will need to see things we have not seen yet...

Its possible. Might have to add Knox morphing into a Robert Horry type player. Not 7 chip HOF role player quite yet but to give us 15 min microwave scoring with way improved defense. RJ 20/6/ is very doable.
Mitch has to really step up a bit from a lock step with Noel. We might lose him if he does not extend but thats how **** works.

Because he was a second round pick,his contract is maxed at whatever THT got, I think 44 over 4 years. So if Mitchell leaves it likely won't be for the money. He could also sign a one year deal and then enter FA as a full free agent, like what FVF did in Toronto,but then Nerlen Noels probably has something to say about that.

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
10/14/2021  9:23 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/14/2021  9:27 PM

Fair points. Though I think Knicks could be built to be an elite regular season team. Knicks have the depth and coach that pushes to win every game with tight rotations.

Come playoffs Knicks might not be a legit 60 win type team. But they can def be a very high win team by taking the reg season more serious than most teams. With enough talent to challenge any team not giving a playoff level effort.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Knickoftime
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3370

10/14/2021  9:46 PM
I'm down with optimism and even more down with enthusiasm but y'all can't be jumping off a ledge in 6 days if the team loses by 15 to Boston.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
10/14/2021  10:19 PM
we look great- I mean, watching Randle against Detroit, he is at the top of his game.

The one concern I have- and it's something I beat Thibs up for- is this team is going all out from the go. injuries will occur, guys will get burned out, and then when we get to the play offs, they don't have an extra gear to go to because they've been running at top speed game one, or actually preseason minute 1.

I hope we can limit the minutes on our guys. I hope we can go 10-12 deep as needed.

I think we are an above average team- and that is a mix of talent and coaching. We're going to over achieve. I think that is 44-48 wins. I think 60 is a stretch- we don't have the talent for that and Thibs can only get guys so far.

blkexec
Member: #748
10/15/2021  1:06 PM
NYKMentality wrote:Some say its just preseason.

I say EXACTLY.

Because to me?

60+ wins is happening.

Excuse me if someone already said this. But thibs plays his starters with starter mins. Different from other coaches.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/15/2021  3:44 PM
"Everything we do is important to me" - Thibodeau

Treat preseason like the real season. Treat regular season like it's a 7 game series. Treat the playoffs like it's the end of the world.
I guess it will burn some people out. And injuries are bound to happen.

But I think this combination of vets/yoots and Thibs is a kind of perfect storm that we haven't seen since 2013. Will be fun to watch even the losses.

How can you not like a coach who's screaming at people when he's up 20 in the fourth quarter?

knicks1248
Member: #582
10/15/2021  3:55 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:

Fair points. Though I think Knicks could be built to be an elite regular season team. Knicks have the depth and coach that pushes to win every game with tight rotations.

Come playoffs Knicks might not be a legit 60 win type team. But they can def be a very high win team by taking the reg season more serious than most teams. With enough talent to challenge any team not giving a playoff level effort.

Your so use to the knicks flaming out in the PO, that your giving them zero chance to make the ECF

ES
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
10/15/2021  5:51 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

Your so use to the knicks flaming out in the PO, that your giving them zero chance to make the ECF

Def not gonna rule that out. Will need to see them play some reg games first before I come to any real conclusion of what they can potentially achieve. But I def believe they are built for a highly successful regular season.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
NYKMentality
Member: #4385

10/22/2021  6:27 PM
There is no such thing as a trap game for these Knicks anymore. We'll see tonight @ Orlando. We're going to RIP their heads apart by 20+ and here's why...

Coach Thibs has our team focused and locked in like never before.

Even during the preseason. Our coach and our players coached and played to win. As if it were Playoff games. They didn't want to lose, meaningless preseason games or not.

The intensity was unreal and turned me into a 2021-2022 believer.

Because I haven't seen a Knicks team. This deep. Ever.

We're so deep to the point of when our backup 6-12 players enter the game? They know they have to be sharp and on their game. They wont fall for trap games because every opportunity is big for these super talented role players. They aren't overlooking anyone.

Yes I loved Starks, Mason, Oakley and Ewing throughout the early to mid 1990s and then later on H20, Spree, LJ, Camby, an aging Ewing and KT etc those were the players who I was always most excited for throughout my childhood from Elementary up into High School.

• Mitchell Robinson. Love love love him. 11 points, 17 rebounds, 5/5 FG 100%, 2 blocks. 1st game back. Atlanta Hawks were blessed to have Capela while we were without Mitchell Robinson. He's BACK and I'm excited.

• Julius Randle. All-Star. In his absolute prime and peaking. He's the real deal people and his playoff struggles of last years playoffs has turned him into a force. He's hungry for an MVP.

• R.J. Barrett. Duke product. Becoming our greatest draft pick in quite some time. A+ two way potential. Can't wait to watch him play every night. He was awesome vs. Tatum and Boston. At 6'6 he has superstar potential on the wings moving forward.

• Evan Fournier. I was scared of losing Reggie Bullock's 3PT shooting but not anymore. I'm already sold. Frenchman from Olympic team France? Can shoot off the dribble and create for teammates on the drive? 32 points Knicks debut? At home in MSG? Are you kidding me? This kid is BUILT for pressure. Back to back to back OT 3's followed by an assist to RJ for 3 in OT too? Nuts.

• Kemba Walker. He's going to become a serious X-Factot and a starting PG that keeps Derrick Rose 100% healthy throughout the season and FRESH for the playoffs. Once Kemba feels 100% comfortable with his teammates, playbook, coaching philosophy and earns his 100% confidence? As a POINT GUARD? He's going to become a PROBLEM with all of this NY talent at his disposal. Love it.

• Derrick Rose. Not having Mitchell Robinson and not having Rose OFF THE BENCH AS A CLOSER is what killed us and hurt us most vs. Atlanta but not anymore. Rose is prime for 6th man of the year award this year just off IQ and veteran leadership alone (for a young bench) and then the electricity he brings is pure FIRE POWER.

• Obi Toppin. Those Stoudemire rumors and comparisons coming out were spot on. His freaking athleticism is down right freakish. This is an offensive driven league these days and he's a rare find. We're going to love him. I think we already do.

• Immanuel Quickly. Can't deny his talents. He's still a young pup who sometimes just tries too hard to impress. That's natural. But SEC Player of the Year out of Kentucky? 100+ 3s made as a damn Rookie? A combo guard with a 3pt shot, a beautiful floater and instant energy? Team USA Select? And the game is still going 100 mph for him? He's going to develop and become something special off our bench.

And then there's more.

• Nerlens Noel as a young big man with postseason experience who's athletic.

• Taj Gibson as our 2012-2013 Veteran big man who's been through everything alongside of both D. Rose and coach Thibs dating back to their Chicago days. As our 5th big man behind Robinson/Randle/Obi/Noel? That's big time.

• Alec Burks. Cant say enough but at the same time can't say too much. He's just smooth off the bench. Plays winning basketball. Not afraid of the big momentum shot. Just an underrated favorite of mine.

11 players. Who I'm excited for to see take the court every night. This. To me. Is nuts. Top 1-2 seed type of nuts.

Not to mention kids like Grimes, McBride and Sims waiting for opportunities.

We're TRUE NBA contenders.

CanItGetAnyWorse
Member: #8906

10/23/2021  10:48 AM
NYKMentality wrote:There is no such thing as a trap game for these Knicks anymore. We'll see tonight @ Orlando. We're going to RIP their heads apart by 20+ and here's why...

Coach Thibs has our team focused and locked in like never before.

Even during the preseason. Our coach and our players coached and played to win. As if it were Playoff games. They didn't want to lose, meaningless preseason games or not.

The intensity was unreal and turned me into a 2021-2022 believer.

Because I haven't seen a Knicks team. This deep. Ever.

We're so deep to the point of when our backup 6-12 players enter the game? They know they have to be sharp and on their game. They wont fall for trap games because every opportunity is big for these super talented role players. They aren't overlooking anyone.

Yes I loved Starks, Mason, Oakley and Ewing throughout the early to mid 1990s and then later on H20, Spree, LJ, Camby, an aging Ewing and KT etc those were the players who I was always most excited for throughout my childhood from Elementary up into High School.

• Mitchell Robinson. Love love love him. 11 points, 17 rebounds, 5/5 FG 100%, 2 blocks. 1st game back. Atlanta Hawks were blessed to have Capela while we were without Mitchell Robinson. He's BACK and I'm excited.

• Julius Randle. All-Star. In his absolute prime and peaking. He's the real deal people and his playoff struggles of last years playoffs has turned him into a force. He's hungry for an MVP.

• R.J. Barrett. Duke product. Becoming our greatest draft pick in quite some time. A+ two way potential. Can't wait to watch him play every night. He was awesome vs. Tatum and Boston. At 6'6 he has superstar potential on the wings moving forward.

• Evan Fournier. I was scared of losing Reggie Bullock's 3PT shooting but not anymore. I'm already sold. Frenchman from Olympic team France? Can shoot off the dribble and create for teammates on the drive? 32 points Knicks debut? At home in MSG? Are you kidding me? This kid is BUILT for pressure. Back to back to back OT 3's followed by an assist to RJ for 3 in OT too? Nuts.

• Kemba Walker. He's going to become a serious X-Factot and a starting PG that keeps Derrick Rose 100% healthy throughout the season and FRESH for the playoffs. Once Kemba feels 100% comfortable with his teammates, playbook, coaching philosophy and earns his 100% confidence? As a POINT GUARD? He's going to become a PROBLEM with all of this NY talent at his disposal. Love it.

• Derrick Rose. Not having Mitchell Robinson and not having Rose OFF THE BENCH AS A CLOSER is what killed us and hurt us most vs. Atlanta but not anymore. Rose is prime for 6th man of the year award this year just off IQ and veteran leadership alone (for a young bench) and then the electricity he brings is pure FIRE POWER.

• Obi Toppin. Those Stoudemire rumors and comparisons coming out were spot on. His freaking athleticism is down right freakish. This is an offensive driven league these days and he's a rare find. We're going to love him. I think we already do.

• Immanuel Quickly. Can't deny his talents. He's still a young pup who sometimes just tries too hard to impress. That's natural. But SEC Player of the Year out of Kentucky? 100+ 3s made as a damn Rookie? A combo guard with a 3pt shot, a beautiful floater and instant energy? Team USA Select? And the game is still going 100 mph for him? He's going to develop and become something special off our bench.

And then there's more.

• Nerlens Noel as a young big man with postseason experience who's athletic.

• Taj Gibson as our 2012-2013 Veteran big man who's been through everything alongside of both D. Rose and coach Thibs dating back to their Chicago days. As our 5th big man behind Robinson/Randle/Obi/Noel? That's big time.

• Alec Burks. Cant say enough but at the same time can't say too much. He's just smooth off the bench. Plays winning basketball. Not afraid of the big momentum shot. Just an underrated favorite of mine.

11 players. Who I'm excited for to see take the court every night. This. To me. Is nuts. Top 1-2 seed type of nuts.

Not to mention kids like Grimes, McBride and Sims waiting for opportunities.

We're TRUE NBA contenders.

Nice prediction on the win! Yeah, saw that coming but still...

Very nice team we have and now we probably will be 3-0 in the regular season. Don't want to jinx us but really, I don't see Orlando have much of a chance against us. We are such a deep team, deepest in NBA? We do seem to have the best bench, so I guess so.

But I do have a question - What is Thibs going to play with this next game against the same team? Perfect time to make adjustments, even though we won. Not sure, but I know I want to see more Grimes and Deuce. And I'm loving that we can function
with Jericho out there.

3-0 during preseason?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy