[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

down one, last possession, who's the five you run out there?
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/12/2021  12:33 PM
Thibs really has some options this year to put pressure on opposing defenses

Will he play both PGs? Hard to envision him sitting Kemba or Rose in a final possession.

Will he play a center? I think if its more than 8 seconds or so and you expect someone to put the ball on the floor and drive (and we have some guys REALLY good at that) Mitch is an important option as a lob threat or for an offensive rebound/put back

I think its Kemba/Rose/Fournier/Jules/Mitch and he subs Mitch out for a scorer its whoever is having the better game of RJ/Burks. I would suspect RJ mostly but if Burks is on one of his 25 point games you gotta run him out there, the dude's a sniper when he's on

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
Knickoftime
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3370

10/12/2021  1:38 PM
fishmike wrote:Thibs really has some options this year to put pressure on opposing defenses

Will he play both PGs? Hard to envision him sitting Kemba or Rose in a final possession.

Will he play a center? I think if its more than 8 seconds or so and you expect someone to put the ball on the floor and drive (and we have some guys REALLY good at that) Mitch is an important option as a lob threat or for an offensive rebound/put back

I think its Kemba/Rose/Fournier/Jules/Mitch and he subs Mitch out for a scorer its whoever is having the better game of RJ/Burks. I would suspect RJ mostly but if Burks is on one of his 25 point games you gotta run him out there, the dude's a sniper when he's on

I'd take the Occam's razor approach to this - definitely Walker and Randle. And I don't think Thibs is sitting Barrett down in crunchtime.

And if down by 1 it isn't necessarily a last shot, so you want a rebounder crashing the offensive boards - meaning Robinson if healthy/effective.

Depending on how quickly Fournier acclimates himself to team leader position, I'd say maybe Rose for Fournier, but otherwise (and again assuming health and relatively normal production) Walker, Fournier, Barrett, Randle, Robinson seems likely.

ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
10/12/2021  7:41 PM
Rose, Fournier, RJ, Julius, and probably Taj.

If any of the above are having an off night, plenty of other good options!

If Burks is on fire, just play 1 vs 5.

MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
10/12/2021  9:12 PM
Hot hands. I think Randle and Rose are locks. I can see games where it's the 5 you listed. I could see IQ closing out if he's on fire...hell I can see Taj on the floor of he's part of a run in the 4th.

I'd love to see RJ develop that clutch gene, but dude's got to finish those layups.

Kemet
Member: #6148

10/12/2021  10:21 PM
My finisher Knicks lineup in close-scoring final 3 minute games are:

D.Rose veteranship
Quickley's quick release from perimeter
Fornier's perimiter shooting
Randle's ISO
MitchRob inside scoring

gradyandrew
Member: #8959

10/12/2021  10:59 PM
Kemba,Rose,Fournier,Barrett,Randle
gradyandrew
Member: #8959

10/12/2021  11:04 PM
Anyone leaving Kemba off the floor... I don't know what to say!
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
10/13/2021  2:00 AM
Randle is the guy Thibs will trust to take the last shot. Kemba, RJ, Rose, and Evan are all guys who are not afraid to take the last shot. My last minute lineup would be Rose, RJ, Evan, Randle, and Mitch. I pick Rose over Kemba but Rose is better at creating a shot at the rim and he has greatly improved his jumper. This team is stacked. It should be a fun season.
Trust the Process
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
10/13/2021  7:11 AM
If it’s just to score, it has to be Kemba IQ Burks Randle Gibson. If they have to get back on D after, it’s Rose Fournier Barrett Randle Robinson.
This is the Randle.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
10/13/2021  8:31 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/13/2021  8:36 AM
Kemba, Quick (or Burks), Fournier, Barrett, Randle. Get your best shooters out there. Barrett and Fournier can play the corners or wings. The ball must start off in Kembas’ hands.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/13/2021  8:35 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/13/2021  8:38 AM
depends on how much time in on the clock and were we taking the ball out. We down 2 or three? whats my foul situation? we going for at tie or win (3)? Am I trying to penetrate then kick out? Or Am I going to the rim for a two? They have a rim protector on the court? How many time outs do I have left? Who is hot? Who is cold? Do I have time to run a play? Or we isolating and let the defense determine who get the shot? I have kemba with the ball on top of the key and if he goes to the rim and gets doubled, Whose open???? Or do I run a play and free someone off a screen for a shot?

1. If IQ is hot, He plays off the ball and is my bailout option.
2. Thus, Im going with either kemba or drose. Of IQ is cold, Fornier. IM likely to go with him in most situations off the ball.
3. RJ on the elbow. Will they give him the left side? Of so he can stick the midrange. Do they let him penetrate becuase he is “weak to the rim”? Ok, manup time. If not, he kicks it out.
4. 1st option is Randle and trust his read on what the defense if giving him if there is time on the clock.
5. Do I keep my centers on the bench and instead go with three guards? If one possession why camp noel/mitch in the corner and crash him to the boards? His man will leave him and help. Do I trust Obi wide open in the corner? Perhaps. If the ball goes to the rim I want him moving to the rim for a putback?

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/13/2021  10:42 AM
gradyandrew wrote:Anyone leaving Kemba off the floor... I don't know what to say!
there's just no way he doesnt finish.. it just doesnt jive. He's gonna be out there. Feels like the big questions are does Rose stay? Anytime Burks is got you can never argue leaving him out there... dude's a sniper and I think he and RJ might get toggled a bit based on who's hot.

We have seen Thibs rally the squad and really build this culture and expectations. Now we will get to see if his Xs and Os chops are up to the same level

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
USA
10/13/2021  11:30 AM
Good catch on Alec Burks. Dude is very clutch. If hot he goes in over Fronier.
New season and new roles.
Knickoftime

10/13/2021  1:28 PM
Heh, you guys are ... interesting.

Kemba Walker has been clearly established as the starter, #1 PG by thibs and Rose especially.

There is ZERO% chance Thibs is answering postgame questions about why he sat Walker while this video plays on a loop on ESPN and twitter for 24 hours.

Reason why he was brought here.

To a slightly lesser extent, same goes for Barrett. He is the future of the franchise and has to be counted on to learn to perform in those moment. There is no way Thibs is sitting him for Burks.

He is on the floor, period.

Nalod
USA
10/13/2021  1:39 PM
I saw a lot of Kemba in charlotte of the years. Love the guy. Many games were he missed the game winner. Iso ball, delusional kind of shyt. Kobe was like he king of clutch game winners at 33%. Highlight reels seem to distort the clutch memory as we don’t remember the failure.
But, if Kemba is healthy I agree he will get the call. Nalod has lowered expectation on him. This is a guy that charlotte let walk and for good reason. His knee was wonky. Boston dumped him. OKC bought him out with two years left. I will dance for joy if he can return to where he was in Charlotte. At 8mm per, he is a great addition. LIke no down side so I won’t bitch. But I won’t think this is 2011.
Knickoftime

10/13/2021  2:05 PM
Nalod wrote:I saw a lot of Kemba in charlotte of the years. Love the guy. Many games were he missed the game winner. Iso ball, delusional kind of shyt. Kobe was like he king of clutch game winners at 33%. Highlight reels seem to distort the clutch memory as we don’t remember the failure.
But, if Kemba is healthy I agree he will get the call. Nalod has lowered expectation on him. This is a guy that charlotte let walk and for good reason. His knee was wonky. Boston dumped him. OKC bought him out with two years left. I will dance for joy if he can return to where he was in Charlotte. At 8mm per, he is a great addition. LIke no down side so I won’t bitch. But I won’t think this is 2011.

I'm not even arguing anything you're saying, but basketball is played and coached by human beings, and until such a time Walker establishes himself as being partially injured and/or having a consistently very off season, Thibs is sending him out there, regardless of any statistical or X's and O's rational anyone can come up with.

But to digress, Rose jumper has improved, yes, but he has not yet established himself as creating space off iso dribbling to get his jumper off like Walker can.

I can maybe dig Rose for Fournier or Rose in a smallball line-up (but again, if you're down by 1 you want to give yourself a shot at an offensive rebound).

But Walker FOR Rose?

Not happening. Period.

SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
10/13/2021  3:50 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/13/2021  3:50 PM
Run your best five that game and give it to the hot hand. Simple.

Just no iso and fade away from 30'!

Nalod
USA
10/13/2021  3:51 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
Nalod wrote:I saw a lot of Kemba in charlotte of the years. Love the guy. Many games were he missed the game winner. Iso ball, delusional kind of shyt. Kobe was like he king of clutch game winners at 33%. Highlight reels seem to distort the clutch memory as we don’t remember the failure.

I'm not even arguing anything you're saying, but basketball is played and coached by human beings, and until such a time Walker establishes himself as being partially injured and/or having a consistently very off season, Thibs is sending him out there, regardless of any statistical or X's and O's rational anyone can come up with.

But to digress, Rose jumper has improved, yes, but he has not yet established himself as creating space off iso dribbling to get his jumper off like Walker can.

I can maybe dig Rose for Fournier or Rose in a smallball line-up (but again, if you're down by 1 you want to give yourself a shot at an offensive rebound).

But Walker FOR Rose?

Not happening. Period.

I dont disagree and if healthy or not wobbly he is a finisher. But you can’t post a 10 year old video and expect me to not ignore what has transpired the last few years and how we acquired him without some thought.
Last year rose and burks were some clutch guys for us. That was then. I like IQ doing that “hoist” shot from Steph curry range as a bailout.

But we know real fans don’t expect us to have to play catch up ball or need last second heroics!
In Thibs Nalod trusts.

Allanfan20
Member: #542
USA
10/13/2021  3:54 PM
SergioNYK wrote:Run your best five that game and give it to the hot hand. Simple.

That’s about what Thibs does. The best in that game play most of the 4th, including the end.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
jrodmc
Member: #805
USA
10/13/2021  4:32 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
SergioNYK wrote:Run your best five that game and give it to the hot hand. Simple.

That’s about what Thibs does. The best in that game play most of the 4th, including the end.

+1
You've got one possession, it's about getting the bucket, not getting back on D. Hopefully we always have more than one hot hand with this group.

Everyone perfectly healthy and it's two to OT:
Kemba, Fournier (Burks might be sort of clutch, but he isn't displacing that contract, IQ is too streaky at the moment), Jules, RJ, Mitch (lob threat)

You need a 3 to go to OT:
Jules to the 5, Rose/Burks in for Mitch. Hopefully Jules doesn't mind setting a screen or two

down one, last possession, who's the five you run out there?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy