[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

NYK's theme song "New York"- Ja rule
Author Thread
vdfebduderocks
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #752
11/4/2004  2:48 PM
even though it's been posted before, this song should be the theme song or player song that should be played when they introduce the starting lineup for the Knicks. However, they should think about changing it to fit all the Knicks personalities.
For example:
Marbury: I shoot 3 pointers from 50 feet, cuz I'm from New York, New York. I can lead a team to victory, cuz I'm from New York, New York. (something like that)
Ariza: I dunk over everybody, cuz I'm from New York, New York. They call me the steal of the draft, cuz I'm from New York, New York.
Sweetney: I'm a threat on the offensive boards, cuz I'm from New York, New York. I make the defense double me, cuz I'm from New York, New York.
Something like that. Make any suggestions or stuff like that
AUTOADVERT
NYK3
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #725
USA
11/5/2004  11:14 AM
I dont listen to rap but yesterday i was flipping through the stations and i heard this song and i definitely think this should be their theme song, and they should definitely make a knicks version of it
I wasn't born with enough middle fingers!!!
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/5/2004  11:18 AM
I think the song is trash cuz i can't stand Jah rule....."a hundred guns, a hundred clips"? Why don't they sell the single with some crack sprinkled on the cover? The idea is cool but that chorus sets back hip-hop about 10 years.

Fat Joe is a fan of the Knicks though so I'd like to hear just him on the song if they were to do something like this....

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
11/5/2004  11:31 AM
Posted by EnySpree:

I think the song is trash cuz i can't stand Jah rule....."a hundred guns, a hundred clips"? Why don't they sell the single with some crack sprinkled on the cover? The idea is cool but that chorus sets back hip-hop about 10 years.

.Ja Rule is fake gangster.Not that they would do it but it would be great to see some NY all-star rappers Like Jayz,Nas(if you can get them in the same room)50,Fat Joe,LL to do an official Knicks anthem for the next few years.
Bizzy211
Member: #601
USA
11/5/2004  11:41 AM
There's nothin' fake about Ja-Rule. We are from tha same hood. He's actually peace. I was chillin' wit' my ex girl oneday and him and his peoples rolled up. They said whuddup and went about their business. Tha people who he chill wit' are straight hood n grimey. But mostly everyone from Hollis and Shadyville are. But anyway back to tha Knicks.
Bizzy Shadyville, NY **soundcloud.com/Bizzy211**
vdfebduderocks
11/5/2004  11:41 AM
or maybe TT can have his own theme song: 99 problems by Jay-Z. He has so many problems on the court, but fugazy isn't one. Some song suggestions: LL Cool J- Headsprung Lloyd Banks- on fire, Nas, something like that
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
11/5/2004  11:45 AM
Posted by Kwazimodal:
Posted by EnySpree:

.Ja Rule is fake gangster.Not that they would do it but it would be great to see some NY all-star rappers Like Jayz,Nas(if you can get them in the same room)50,Fat Joe,LL to do an official Knicks anthem for the next few years.

How can you possibly forget DMX?

"New York" by Rahim would be perfect.

[Edited by - joec32033 on 11/05/2004 11:46:52]
~You can't run from who you are.~
Kwazimodal
11/5/2004  11:54 AM
Posted by Bizzy211:

There's nothin' fake about Ja-Rule. We are from tha same hood. He's actually peace. I was chillin' wit' my ex girl oneday and him and his peoples rolled up. They said whuddup and went about their business. Tha people who he chill wit' are straight hood n grimey. But mostly everyone from Hollis and Shadyville are. But anyway back to tha Knicks.

Didnt mean to disrespect someone from your neighborhood Bizzy,lets just agree to disagree.Ive met a few rappers in my time.Met KRS One
in the early 90s.The guy was really cool,we talked about music told him about a rapper I was working with,a friend of mine and they actually hooked up later but my friend,the selfish SOB never told me about it until I found out through someone else.

Its all good because he got such a bad reputation for screwing over his friends and business associates that eventually noone in hip-hop would work with him.What goes around comes around.
Kwazimodal
11/5/2004  11:55 AM
Posted by joec32033:
Posted by Kwazimodal:
Posted by EnySpree:

Isnt he in jail for carjacking?
Bizzy211
USA
11/5/2004  12:01 PM
Posted by Kwazimodal:
Posted by Bizzy211:

Didnt mean to disrespect someone from your neighborhood Bizzy,lets just agree to disagree.Ive met a few rappers in my time.Met KRS One
in the early 90s.The guy was really cool,we talked about music told him about a rapper I was working with,a friend of mine and they actually hooked up later but my friend,the selfish SOB never told me about it until I found out through someone else.

Its all good because he got such a bad reputation for screwing over his friends and business associates that eventually noone in hip-hop would work with him.What goes around comes around.

Nah, you didn't disrespect anyone kid. Your post was fairly opinionated. That's Peace fam.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
11/5/2004  12:16 PM
A Ja Rule song could have been the NYK theme song when LayDown was in charge- a soft rapper's song for a soft team image.

However, since things have been corrected around the Knicks, we gotta bring it rugged. The Rakim son that they play @ MSG now for the Knicks is definitely suitable.

Another song that I'd love to see as the Knicks theme is "Round Here" by 50 Cent (try listening to that while the Knicks are playing!). It's time that the Knicks get that gulley edge back.

I'd love to see the Knicks get that HARDCORE rep back that we had in the 90's. Only this time there will be a LOT more talent on the roster.

[Edited by - HARDCOREKNICKSFAN on 11/05/2004 13:33:12]
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
vdfebduderocks
11/5/2004  12:34 PM
Posted by HARDCOREKNICKSFAN:

A Ja Rule song could have been the NYK theme song when LayDown was in charge- a soft rapper's song for a soft team image.

However, since things have been corrected around the Knicks, we gotta bring it rugged. The Rakim son that they play @ MSG now for the Knicks is definitely suitable.

Another song that I'd love to see as the Knicks theme is "Round Here" by 50 Cent. It's time that the Knicks get that gulley edge back.
you mean by Memphis Bleek, not 50. good song, but Bleek ain't rugged like the Knicks. he's soft. Freeway's What we do song is good and there are some others there I don't remember
EnySpree

11/5/2004  1:00 PM
Posted by Bizzy211:

Yeah hollis and shadyville cats are ignorant....

you know i never understood how people could be that ghetto living in $250,000 house.

Jah is still bad for hip-hop. If he stays with what made him rich singing with J-Lo, then cool....just stop saying stupid things all the time. "hundred guns and a hundred clips"? that is not cool.....it doesn't make me think he is nice with his lyrics.....it just makes me shake my head....

Get back to the "Holla, Holla" days......leave the shooting to Shine. At least he shot innocent people that is really gangsta
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree

11/5/2004  1:04 PM
Posted by joec32033:
Posted by Kwazimodal:
Posted by EnySpree:

Rakim's NY is better......I love DJ Premier.

Rakim didn't really get crazy with the lyrics but he was at least saying some real stuff.

"hundred guns, hundred clips"? if I was a judge i'd order him arrested and then I'd investigate everything he is apart of. That would be what he wants by saying stupid stuff like that....

It's one thing to talk about guns and other stuff but saying you have a hundred guns is just ignorant.
Bizzy211
USA
11/5/2004  1:14 PM
Posted by EnySpree:
Posted by Bizzy211:

you know i never understood how people could be that ghetto living in $250,000 house.

Jah is still bad for hip-hop. If he stays with what made him rich singing with J-Lo, then cool....just stop saying stupid things all the time. "hundred guns and a hundred clips"? that is not cool.....it doesn't make me think he is nice with his lyrics.....it just makes me shake my head....

Get back to the "Holla, Holla" days......leave the shooting to Shine. At least he shot innocent people that is really gangsta

Now u just offended me. I grew up in Redhook, Brooklyn and later moved to Ocean Village, Far Rockaway. It was my father decision to give us a decent lifestyle or atleast some hope by moving to Shadyville, Queens Village. It isn't much, but it's a decent way of living. I wasn't saying we are ignorant. Grimey and ignorant are two different words. Alot of us from that area are grimey, but you have ignorant people all over. Most of the ignorant ones call others ignorant as well.
EnySpree

11/5/2004  1:30 PM
Posted by Bizzy211:
Posted by EnySpree:
Posted by Bizzy211:

Now u just offended me. I grew up in Redhook, Brooklyn and later moved to Ocean Village, Far Rockaway. It was my father decision to give us a decent lifestyle or atleast some hope by moving to Shadyville, Queens Village. It isn't much, but it's a decent way of living. I wasn't saying we are ignorant. Grimey and ignorant are two different words. Alot of us from that area are grimey, but you have ignorant people all over. Most of the ignorant ones call others ignorant as well.

how is being grimey cool but ignorant is not?
Ask yourself that question cuz they mean the same thing.

Shadyville, Hollis, St Albans, Cambria Heights? Why is it ghetto over there? Yes it is a good place to live cuz of the houses and the shops and stores and stuff but dudes over there act like they are from the hood for real.....Why are you so wild like that but you live with both parents and they both make decent money? Like I said in a $250,000 house with a car, etc.....

I grew up in East NY Brooklyn. Red Hook is pretty much the same. We know ghetto. What's ghetto about Shadyville? The people....that makes them ignorant.

Moy moms moved my sisters to Queens and I stayed in BK. I go out there to visit and it is just like I'm in BK. I don't understand it......nothing but houses, trees, and alot of nice stuff.....what the heck is wrong with that picture.
Bizzy211
USA
11/5/2004  1:56 PM
Posted by EnySpree:
Posted by Bizzy211:
Posted by EnySpree:
Posted by Bizzy211:

how is being grimey cool but ignorant is not?
Ask yourself that question cuz they mean the same thing.

Shadyville, Hollis, St Albans, Cambria Heights? Why is it ghetto over there? Yes it is a good place to live cuz of the houses and the shops and stores and stuff but dudes over there act like they are from the hood for real.....Why are you so wild like that but you live with both parents and they both make decent money? Like I said in a $250,000 house with a car, etc.....

I grew up in East NY Brooklyn. Red Hook is pretty much the same. We know ghetto. What's ghetto about Shadyville? The people....that makes them ignorant.

Moy moms moved my sisters to Queens and I stayed in BK. I go out there to visit and it is just like I'm in BK. I don't understand it......nothing but houses, trees, and alot of nice stuff.....what the heck is wrong with that picture.

The more u speak kid......
No One, I mean no one on this thread said Grimey was cool. Secondly I just laid down my background info to you and you reply with this junk. If you knew who I was then u would know that I am not living in my parents crib, I am in the Military.

East NY and Redhook are different and they are nowhere near eachother.

And I used to be wild because of the school I went to. Since you are from N.Y then you should know that it's not where you are from alot of times, it's the school you go to because of the people you are exposed to.

And I am from tha hoods (Redhook and O.V) and then moved to Shadyville, I know 10-15 people who did tha same and they are from Hollis and Shadyville.
If you are familiar with the area then you should know how West Side Merrick is as well as South-Side Jamaica. Ghetto, Grimey and Ignorant are different terms kid. Step up ya street knowlege then holla back.

Sorry for being apart of messing up this thread all, but some people should becareful how they express themselves as to avoid offending others. Especially if we are moving to meet eachother to watch the Knicks etc....

People should learn to have respect and not look down on someone because of their lifestyle. When I looked at those pictures (of the event at the Country Club), I see all ages and backgrounds and it was peace. I didn't see ignorance. I just hope I won't be catergorized as ignorant by anyone else because of where I am from.

Because it's not about where you are from, rather how you do it where you are at...........

[Edited by - Bizzy211 on 11/05/2004 13:58:01]
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
11/5/2004  2:05 PM
Posted by vdfebduderocks:
Posted by HARDCOREKNICKSFAN:

Another song that I'd love to see as the Knicks theme is "Round Here" by 50 Cent. It's time that the Knicks get that gulley edge back.
you mean by Memphis Bleek, not 50. good song, but Bleek ain't rugged like the Knicks. he's soft. Freeway's What we do song is good and there are some others there I don't remember

Nah, trust me, I am referring to 50 Cent's song. It came out about 2 years ago, back when 50 was still a hungry underground artist doing the mixtape circuit. The song was on a DJ Clue mixtape. I'll send it to you is you want it.

BTW, I wouldn't even mention Bleek in the same sentence as "rugged".
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
Bizzy211
USA
11/5/2004  2:14 PM
Bleeks hottest song was Coming of Age tha Sequel (even though he also had Jay-Z on that song).
EnySpree

11/5/2004  2:22 PM
Bizzy.....

what are you talking about?

You think someone is getting at you? I don't care if you don't live with your parents...or the fact you in the military. I'm talking abou the people that do. When did you get mixed up?

Nope I'm going at Jah Rule and the people that live in what is supposed to be better living in Shadyville, Cambria Heights, S. Albans, and Hollis.....

If you are offended that people in those areas act wild when they don't have to then sorry. Stick up for the ignorant....or Grimey if you will.

RedHook and east new york are on two different sides of Brooklyn, duh. It's still a similiar hood. People in these areas have a reason to do what rappers talk about. Jamacia and Merrick areas are bad areas but we not talking abou those areas.

There are parts of Manhatten where one block is drug infested and the next has $2500 1 bedroom apartments......something is wrong.

No need to question my street knowledge. Where is the glory in that? Is that supposed to be an insult?

Bottom line......
If you own a $250,000 house and live with both your parents in a pretty upper mid-class area....why do you need to have a "hundred guns, and a hundred clips"? That is my issue.

If you live in poverty stricken areas like East NY, or RedHook, or Brownsville, Bushwick etc then you can understand why people rob, steal, sell drugs, etc.....

Moderators:

I'm sorry this tread got into a social discussion. I apologize. Feel free to lock it......or at least push it to the off topic area where is could continue.
NYK's theme song "New York"- Ja rule

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy