[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Countdown to NY Knicks Tipoff vs. Boston Celtics (October 20th @ 7:30).
Author Thread
Panos
Posts: 27673
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 1/6/2004
Member: #520
10/11/2021  8:04 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:Rokas puts on his big boy pants and shows out for the varsity Barca club
Let's lower the expectations here. My Team Lithuania practice squad friend couldn't believe this guy was drafted. More Darko than Donicic was his comment.
There are no real expectations. He was simply the only Knick playing games until last night. That said, you have to be impressed with what he's doing for Barca. These are tough physical games and he's proven that he's up to the challenge. More Darko than Doncic applies to 99% of the NBA. That said, I see more shades of an in shape Beno Udrih, which is a solid player. Let's just hope he continues to make progress.

Personally, I'm curious the rationale for drafting him before even McBride. Was there really a market for him? Seems like this kind of pick should be available at 58.

AUTOADVERT
martin
Posts: 55249
Alba Posts: 106
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
10/11/2021  11:34 AM
Panos wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:Rokas puts on his big boy pants and shows out for the varsity Barca club
Let's lower the expectations here. My Team Lithuania practice squad friend couldn't believe this guy was drafted. More Darko than Donicic was his comment.
There are no real expectations. He was simply the only Knick playing games until last night. That said, you have to be impressed with what he's doing for Barca. These are tough physical games and he's proven that he's up to the challenge. More Darko than Doncic applies to 99% of the NBA. That said, I see more shades of an in shape Beno Udrih, which is a solid player. Let's just hope he continues to make progress.

Personally, I'm curious the rationale for drafting him before even McBride. Was there really a market for him? Seems like this kind of pick should be available at 58.

Yes. More than one mock draft had him going later first round.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BigDaddyG
Posts: 31459
Alba Posts: 7
Joined: 1/22/2010
Member: #3049

10/11/2021  1:36 PM
martin wrote:
Panos wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:Rokas puts on his big boy pants and shows out for the varsity Barca club
Let's lower the expectations here. My Team Lithuania practice squad friend couldn't believe this guy was drafted. More Darko than Donicic was his comment.
There are no real expectations. He was simply the only Knick playing games until last night. That said, you have to be impressed with what he's doing for Barca. These are tough physical games and he's proven that he's up to the challenge. More Darko than Doncic applies to 99% of the NBA. That said, I see more shades of an in shape Beno Udrih, which is a solid player. Let's just hope he continues to make progress.

Personally, I'm curious the rationale for drafting him before even McBride. Was there really a market for him? Seems like this kind of pick should be available at 58.

Yes. More than one mock draft had him going later first round.


Rokas and McBride both went later than a lot of mocks had them. I remember dropped because he was viewed as a draft and stash.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
fishmike
Posts: 50953
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
10/12/2021  11:22 AM
on a side note I am really looking forward to this game. Feels like Tatem/Brown are better than any of our players, but Jules/Rj/Kemba/Rose/Fournier are all better than the next Celtics guy.

We will learn really early how well RJ's new role of guarding the best scorer is going to go if he's chasing Brown and I hope he is. I also expect to see Kemba/EF really go at Schroder and showing out vs. their old team.

So basically its a random Tuesday in October and I just need yall to know Go Knicks and PHUCK Bahston

Nalod
Posts: 62928
Alba Posts: 153
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
10/12/2021  2:26 PM
fishmike wrote:on a side note I am really looking forward to this game. Feels like Tatem/Brown are better than any of our players, but Jules/Rj/Kemba/Rose/Fournier are all better than the next Celtics guy.

We will learn really early how well RJ's new role of guarding the best scorer is going to go if he's chasing Brown and I hope he is. I also expect to see Kemba/EF really go at Schroder and showing out vs. their old team.

So basically its a random Tuesday in October and I just need yall to know Go Knicks and PHUCK Bahston


Always a source pride to do well agains the team that dumped you. Randle vs Tatum is a good match up. Tatum is a hard matchup for anyone. Brown has been out with a bad wrist.
Real games for real stats!!!!!

2020-21-The year of eating Crow
martin
Posts: 55249
Alba Posts: 106
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
10/12/2021  7:04 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
knicks1248
Posts: 41622
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/3/2004
Member: #582
10/13/2021  9:07 AM
The lakers look down right terrible, they look like a damn pick up game squad. Even on paper it's just talent that don't fit
ES
smackeddog
Posts: 37438
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 3/30/2005
Member: #883
10/13/2021  11:52 AM
knicks1248 wrote:The lakers look down right terrible, they look like a damn pick up game squad. Even on paper it's just talent that don't fit

Thinks it's a bit early- older veteran teams (and players) often look poor in preseason as they aren't really trying (mainly just a light work out and trying to avoid injuring themselves). We'll find out as the season progresses- remember the past few seasons Westbrook seems to have started slowly then gone into beast mode towards the end of the season

Knickoftime
Posts: 23735
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2011
Member: #3370

10/13/2021  1:35 PM
smackeddog wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:The lakers look down right terrible, they look like a damn pick up game squad. Even on paper it's just talent that don't fit

Thinks it's a bit early- older veteran teams (and players) often look poor in preseason as they aren't really trying (mainly just a light work out and trying to avoid injuring themselves). We'll find out as the season progresses- remember the past few seasons Westbrook seems to have started slowly then gone into beast mode towards the end of the season

This so very strangely the status quo for a lot of sports fans. Forget all the sports they've already seen.

It's like Memento. They wake up having forgot everything they experienced the day before.

In practice, the most recent example is the mavs last year and it went on for months.

First Doncic was out of shape and was going to have a bad year.

Then his supporting cast was awful and didn't play defense and no matter how great Doncic was they weren't going to qualify for the postseason and the Knicks would get their lottery pick.

FIEST rule of sports - WAIT.

To bury the Lakers on October 12 is just ... unnecessary AND shortsighted.

Nalod
Posts: 62928
Alba Posts: 153
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
10/13/2021  1:47 PM
Im sure 1248 has studied tape and broken down the endless statistics in his high quantitative proprietary models thats been back tested and certified by MIT engineers to lay some assurance the models are within a reasonable variance of accuracy.

At best even the top heading into a full season team has a 25% chance of winning it all. So even a savant like 1248 has a 75% chance of saying he was right.

2020-21-The year of eating Crow
Knickoftime
Posts: 23735
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2011
Member: #3370

10/13/2021  1:58 PM
Nalod wrote:Im sure 1248 has studied tape and broken down the endless statistics in his high quantitative proprietary models thats been back tested and certified by MIT engineers to lay some assurance the models are within a reasonable variance of accuracy.

At best even the top heading into a full season team has a 25% chance of winning it all. So even a savant like 1248 has a 75% chance of saying he was right.

Could be just me, but I'm beginning to get the sense you and 1248 don't see eye to eye...

knicks1248
Posts: 41622
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/3/2004
Member: #582
10/13/2021  4:17 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/13/2021  4:41 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
Nalod wrote:Im sure 1248 has studied tape and broken down the endless statistics in his high quantitative proprietary models thats been back tested and certified by MIT engineers to lay some assurance the models are within a reasonable variance of accuracy.

At best even the top heading into a full season team has a 25% chance of winning it all. So even a savant like 1248 has a 75% chance of saying he was right.

Could be just me, but I'm beginning to get the sense you and 1248 don't see eye to eye...

he's just troll i ignore, you'll notice i never respond

ES
knicks1248
Posts: 41622
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/3/2004
Member: #582
10/13/2021  4:26 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:The lakers look down right terrible, they look like a damn pick up game squad. Even on paper it's just talent that don't fit

Thinks it's a bit early- older veteran teams (and players) often look poor in preseason as they aren't really trying (mainly just a light work out and trying to avoid injuring themselves). We'll find out as the season progresses- remember the past few seasons Westbrook seems to have started slowly then gone into beast mode towards the end of the season

This so very strangely the status quo for a lot of sports fans. Forget all the sports they've already seen.

It's like Memento. They wake up having forgot everything they experienced the day before.

In practice, the most recent example is the mavs last year and it went on for months.

First Doncic was out of shape and was going to have a bad year.

Then his supporting cast was awful and didn't play defense and no matter how great Doncic was they weren't going to qualify for the postseason and the Knicks would get their lottery pick.

FIEST rule of sports - WAIT.

To bury the Lakers on October 12 is just ... unnecessary AND shortsighted.


I have seen all of those players play for years, they don't compliment each others games. That's not a knock on them from an individual stand point, but unless there is some serious sacrificing, it's not a championship caliber team.

ES
wargames
Posts: 22069
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/27/2015
Member: #6053

10/13/2021  11:18 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/13/2021  11:21 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:The lakers look down right terrible, they look like a damn pick up game squad. Even on paper it's just talent that don't fit

Thinks it's a bit early- older veteran teams (and players) often look poor in preseason as they aren't really trying (mainly just a light work out and trying to avoid injuring themselves). We'll find out as the season progresses- remember the past few seasons Westbrook seems to have started slowly then gone into beast mode towards the end of the season

This so very strangely the status quo for a lot of sports fans. Forget all the sports they've already seen.

It's like Memento. They wake up having forgot everything they experienced the day before.

In practice, the most recent example is the mavs last year and it went on for months.

First Doncic was out of shape and was going to have a bad year.

Then his supporting cast was awful and didn't play defense and no matter how great Doncic was they weren't going to qualify for the postseason and the Knicks would get their lottery pick.

FIEST rule of sports - WAIT.

To bury the Lakers on October 12 is just ... unnecessary AND shortsighted.

Mavs were bad most the year and the counter narrative to that was people saying Doncic was going to be the MVP.

It’s funny now we need the Hornets to be good to get their first rounder (sooner then later hopefully) and they get blown out by what I believe is a record 68 points… by the Mavs… which is a bad sign of things to come lol.

Nalod
Posts: 62928
Alba Posts: 153
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
10/14/2021  7:55 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Nalod wrote:Im sure 1248 has studied tape and broken down the endless statistics in his high quantitative proprietary models thats been back tested and certified by MIT engineers to lay some assurance the models are within a reasonable variance of accuracy.

At best even the top heading into a full season team has a 25% chance of winning it all. So even a savant like 1248 has a 75% chance of saying he was right.

Could be just me, but I'm beginning to get the sense you and 1248 don't see eye to eye...

he's just troll i ignore, you'll notice i never respond

Cuz you only make your deficiencies more apparent.

2020-21-The year of eating Crow
Nalod
Posts: 62928
Alba Posts: 153
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
10/14/2021  8:04 AM
Knickoftime wrote:
Nalod wrote:Im sure 1248 has studied tape and broken down the endless statistics in his high quantitative proprietary models thats been back tested and certified by MIT engineers to lay some assurance the models are within a reasonable variance of accuracy.

At best even the top heading into a full season team has a 25% chance of winning it all. So even a savant like 1248 has a 75% chance of saying he was right.

Could be just me, but I'm beginning to get the sense you and 1248 don't see eye to eye...

Its not the opinion stuff. Its the plagerism, fictional buildouts, and not making an effort to research a statistic.

Many examples but worst was a few years back knicks played in London and he went off how “Media hating espn was showng the game at 3pm and it was out right disrespectful”. OK, people make mistakes, like not knowing the game was live at 7pm given the time difference. Many times others have corrected hm by posting facts and he never thinks he is wrong. Thats flat out arrogant and lazy. Many other times he’ll state his opinion when we had read two articles the previous day about it. LIke he owns the thought. ITs funny now. He won’t respond or engage in defending himself because he makes it worse. All this has been pointed out to him by the forum. All most of us ask is just be honest and put some effort into participating. Stating the obvious is lame.

2020-21-The year of eating Crow
Nalod
Posts: 62928
Alba Posts: 153
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
10/14/2021  8:07 AM
wargames wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:The lakers look down right terrible, they look like a damn pick up game squad. Even on paper it's just talent that don't fit

Thinks it's a bit early- older veteran teams (and players) often look poor in preseason as they aren't really trying (mainly just a light work out and trying to avoid injuring themselves). We'll find out as the season progresses- remember the past few seasons Westbrook seems to have started slowly then gone into beast mode towards the end of the season

This so very strangely the status quo for a lot of sports fans. Forget all the sports they've already seen.

It's like Memento. They wake up having forgot everything they experienced the day before.

In practice, the most recent example is the mavs last year and it went on for months.

First Doncic was out of shape and was going to have a bad year.

Then his supporting cast was awful and didn't play defense and no matter how great Doncic was they weren't going to qualify for the postseason and the Knicks would get their lottery pick.

FIEST rule of sports - WAIT.

To bury the Lakers on October 12 is just ... unnecessary AND shortsighted.

Mavs were bad most the year and the counter narrative to that was people saying Doncic was going to be the MVP.

It’s funny now we need the Hornets to be good to get their first rounder (sooner then later hopefully) and they get blown out by what I believe is a record 68 points… by the Mavs… which is a bad sign of things to come lol.

Was that a coach who did not get a proper response from his players and let them be humiliated as to send a message? I did no find a write up on the game but that kind of blow out is unsusual.

Should be interesting how new coach uses KP.

2020-21-The year of eating Crow
martin
Posts: 55249
Alba Posts: 106
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
10/17/2021  1:34 PM
ugh

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
MaTT4281
Posts: 31975
Alba Posts: 4
Joined: 1/16/2004
Member: #538
USA
10/17/2021  4:24 PM
martin wrote:ugh

Thought you were ugh'ing Mitch's availability.

It's ok. Let Nerlens get to 100% before this becomes a nagging injury. Mitch is back, Taj is looking good, and Thibs suddenly sounding open to a Julius/Obi frontcourt since Friday's rally. After C's on Wednesday, we play two against Orlando, who I am not scared of down low after trading Vucevic. Rest up, big man.

smackeddog
Posts: 37438
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 3/30/2005
Member: #883
10/18/2021  3:11 AM
MaTT4281 wrote:
martin wrote:ugh

Thought you were ugh'ing Mitch's availability.

It's ok. Let Nerlens get to 100% before this becomes a nagging injury. Mitch is back, Taj is looking good, and Thibs suddenly sounding open to a Julius/Obi frontcourt since Friday's rally. After C's on Wednesday, we play two against Orlando, who I am not scared of down low after trading Vucevic. Rest up, big man.

Yep, much as I want them both back asap, I'd rather stagger Mitch and Noels return rather having them both working their way back into game shape at the same time. In the mean time it give This time to try out more of Randle and Obi, or it gives Taj some more mins.

Countdown to NY Knicks Tipoff vs. Boston Celtics (October 20th @ 7:30).

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy