[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Countdown to NY Knicks Tipoff vs. Boston Celtics (October 20th @ 7:30).
Author Thread
KnickDanger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7578

10/20/2021  11:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/20/2021  11:28 PM
Ah so Kemba is on deck as the new whipping boy.

Enjoy the win guys?

AUTOADVERT
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

10/20/2021  11:28 PM
MaTT4281 wrote:
martin wrote:I already don't like Kemba

I'm not on the Kemba train, but still an upgrade over Elf. I expect he'll get better as he gets used to this team and the Thibs defense, but worst case scenario is that he's the gateway to Deuce getting minutes.

Rose definitely our best PG.

An empty Powerade bottle is an upgrade over Elf

That said it’s just one game. Let’s see if he gels with the roster. There was way too much ISO ball with Randle towards the end of the 4th qtr that may have affected Kemba

Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

10/20/2021  11:28 PM
KnickDanger wrote:Ah so Kemba is on deck as the new whipping boy.

Enjoy the win guys?

They can’t blame Frank anymore

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

10/20/2021  11:33 PM

Enjoy the win guys?

Our leader has set the tone.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/20/2021  11:40 PM

Enjoy the win guys?

Theres no whipping boy on the roster, they will all have their moments

Tonight Tatum reminded me of Randle when they asked him to do it all, your shooting becomes (7-30) brutal to watch

ES
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

10/20/2021  11:42 PM
Philc1 wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:

I'm not on the Kemba train, but still an upgrade over Elf. I expect he'll get better as he gets used to this team and the Thibs defense, but worst case scenario is that he's the gateway to Deuce getting minutes.

That said it’s just one game. Let’s see if he gels with the roster. There was way too much ISO ball with Randle towards the end of the 4th qtr that may have affected Kemba

So Walker was -1. Burks, Quickley,Grimes and Sims were also negative in the plus/minus. Walker played 35 min and shot 75% from 3 in his first game as a Knick. I’m in the to early to judge camp

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/20/2021  11:46 PM
Rookie wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:

So Walker was -1. Burks, Quickley,Grimes and Sims were also negative in the plus/minus. Walker played 35 min and shot 75% from 3 in his first game as a Knick. I’m in the to early to judge camp

For me, max vet type player who made 3 HUGE mental errors in his first game as a Knicks player. Literally WTF

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

10/20/2021  11:58 PM
martin wrote:
Rookie wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:

For me, max vet type player who made 3 HUGE mental errors in his first game as a Knicks player. Literally WTF

Always surprised what surprises sports fans.

Braves beat up the Dodgers in LA to take a 3-1 lead after what the sports world was convinced was the Dodgers getting the momentum back last night.

Walker's game wouldn't even make tonight's top 5, if being surprised at what happens in a single game was even a thing.

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

10/21/2021  12:21 AM
Knickoftime wrote:
martin wrote:
Rookie wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:

Always surprised what surprises sports fans.

Braves beat up the Dodgers in LA to take a 3-1 lead after what the sports world was convinced was the Dodgers getting the momentum back last night.

Walker's game wouldn't even make tonight's top 5, if being surprised at what happens in a single game was even a thing.

I can’t think of anyone on this team who has played under this coach an is in the rotation who hasn’t gotten better as a player. It’s game 1, I’m going to give it more time.

jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
10/21/2021  12:25 AM
Always good to win but not a fan of the way Kemba plays offensively. I recently saw a picture of him standing next to D.Rose and Kemba looks about 5'9" or 5'10" at best.

The good news is we didn't pay a lot for him and we do have Rose as an option. I can see Fournier handling more in a 3 guard alignment with RJ, Toppin, Randle and Mitch.

gradyandrew
Member: #8959

10/21/2021  12:49 AM
Wow what a game! I love this team so much. It seems like Grant Williams catching on fire in the 4th was the main reason it went into overtime, that 3 by Jaylen with 9 seconds left was incredible. I've always felt that with his athleticism Obi should convert a lot more baskets than he does, I'm glad he proved me wrong. I'm guessing Fournier impressed tonight.
xavier
Member: #8938
Croatia
10/21/2021  5:01 AM
A win against Boston and a wonderful atmosphere. Nice way to start the season.

As for the result, as expected, offensive part is better, and the defense is slightly worse than last season. Of course this is just the first game, but the roster certainly suggests that. The arrival of Kembe and Fournier raises the attack to a higher level, but replacing Payton and Bullock with the two of them must have at least a little negative impact on the defense.

I hope for a healthy Mitch who in combination with Noel should mean 48 minutes of good defense at center position.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
10/21/2021  6:18 AM
Life is good.
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

10/21/2021  8:25 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/21/2021  8:29 AM
Philc1 wrote:

Enjoy the win guys?

They can’t blame Frank anymore

And PhilC keeps the streak of mentioning Frank in every game thread at Four years and 1 game!!!!. LMAO

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Chandler
Member: #6197

10/21/2021  8:26 AM
great, great game

FWIW Celts have a better read on Kemba and to some extent Fournier. Let's see how it unfolds. Way premature to draw conclusions on Kemba

Surprise for me was the lack of IQ. He and everyone else on team is going to have to fight for minutes

(5)(5)
Clean
Member: #743
10/21/2021  9:42 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/21/2021  9:43 AM
Kemba did fine for not having chemistry with the team yet. When I look at him I view him as an upgrade over Elf. I am not expecting prime Kemba because those days are long gone. There is a reason why we signed him for as cheap as we did. What I want from Kemba is for him to keep us afloat enough to give Rose enough rest so he does not burn out before the end of the game. Rose should always be our closer until Kemba gets chemistry. Thibs tried to force Kemba as our closer so it put him in a bad situation. 10pts 8reb,3asts is a decent game for a guy who clearly has no chemistry.
Clean
Member: #743
10/21/2021  9:46 AM
I am officially saying I don't have much problems with EF's defense. This is a short sample size but it seems like he gives good effort and plays average to good D most of the time. However, he will occasionally make glaringly bad reads that stand out where it will make people believe that is D always stinks.
SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
10/21/2021  9:58 AM
That was one of the craziest games I've ever attended! Lost my voice and my ears are still ringing! Thankfully we won cause I can't imagine the agony of losing that one! LOL

Most importantly we won but there were several things I did not like. We did not start the game well or finish the game well either. We did not start the game with any defensive intensity and it looked like a Mike D'Antoni team just launching 3's and not getting back on defense. That needs to change! Not much you can do about Brown's 3 from the logo but that last 3 given up to Smart was unacceptable! We gotta get better and play smarter!

But kudos to the team for moving from that collapse and getting the win. I'll be honest I didn't think we'd win it in OT. Fournier was amazing! Perfect sidekick for Randle and RJ! Randle played like an elite player. A little too munch Iso's and hero ball but he played well. Loved how RJ defended Tatum all game. He's gotten so much better! And love the kid's mentality not getting rattled after going scoreless in the 1st half. And holy crap how much better is Obi! He just energized the entire team! Very few bigs can match his speed and athleticism! Thibs must get this kid as many minutes as possible! Mitch was solid too. My only complaints aside from the team D to start and finish the game was Kemba (too many defensive lapses), Rose (even though he had the clutch runner), IQ (bad shot selection) and Jericho.

Overall, good win to start the season! Gotta win your home games this season!

ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
10/21/2021  10:07 AM
SergioNYK wrote:That was one of the craziest games I've ever attended!

Lucky!!! You picked a good game!

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/21/2021  10:38 AM
Incredible win. Randle with the bully boy moves and deflated the C's on several occasions. what do we read about? turnovers.
Kemba - hit a few clutch threes, the knee held up for 33 minutes. So now he's the new Frankie because he's not Batman 2 to JR. In the first game. Geez Knickoftime, don't these people realize sports isn't about one game, one season or one chip? WTF? Right? Right?

RJ - the anti-H20. Invisible in the first half, all flex and dunks in the second half; 42% from 3. Nothing bad to say. D looked beyond credible against some freaks of the league.
Mitch using those showy garage rat muscles! No injuries!
OBI-WON!!! Man, this kid is going to electrify MSG all season long! 0-3 from 3. Who needs a jumpshot?
EF, one really bad defensive lowlight, with clutch threes. That release is so Doug Collins-like it's frightening. He shoots like Quicksilver would. Reggie who?
Rose is Rose. The quiet, smooth force. Plays like jazz.

All the kids looked like.... kids. Plenty of time to grow.

Just happy I didn't have to read how we only won because Horford was out.

Countdown to NY Knicks Tipoff vs. Boston Celtics (October 20th @ 7:30).

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy