[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Countdown to NY Knicks Tipoff vs. Boston Celtics (October 20th @ 7:30).
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/13/2021  12:30 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
martin wrote:

What he has to do is remember mentally bigger faster stronger. Take my time and focus on the skills because I can physically over power my opponent

Look at Briggy going “Tony Robbins” in Sims head!! LOL

AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
9/13/2021  1:52 PM
Only about 2 weeks until training camp!
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

9/13/2021  3:31 PM
smackeddog wrote:Only about 2 weeks until training camp!

Cool. I need something to take my attention away from the Mets and Giants.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
9/13/2021  3:43 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

you should be proud of what Lindor did last night..

ES
BigDaddyG

9/13/2021  5:47 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

you should be proud of what Lindor did last night..

True, but it's not enough to forget the season as a whole.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

9/13/2021  8:23 PM
New York Sports needs the Knicks.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
9/13/2021  8:47 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Jimbo5
Member: #8854

9/14/2021  10:26 AM
martin wrote:

Im curious to see the influence of kenny payne in this kid's development. The same goes with The influence of Johnny Bryant of both Deuce and Grimes.

I hope both Payne and Bryant is keeping tabs on the team's sophomores, Obi and IQ. Im hoping both can take the next steps!

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
9/14/2021  11:24 AM

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/14/2021  2:06 PM
Jimbo5 wrote:
martin wrote:

Im curious to see the influence of kenny payne in this kid's development. The same goes with The influence of Johnny Bryant of both Deuce and Grimes.

I hope both Payne and Bryant is keeping tabs on the team's sophomores, Obi and IQ. Im hoping both can take the next steps!

Add For Knox who was coached by Payne at UK! I think most of us have written him off as he is attached to the people that gave us Frank and all that came with it. Three years in is not encouraging by any stretch.
Its my hope Kevin can crack the rotation by merit and if not part of the future be a trade asset!

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
9/15/2021  11:53 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:

The Yankees are interesting diversion again.

BigDaddyG

9/15/2021  2:21 PM
Roko is chopping it up in Spain if you're thirsty for Knick highlights.
Clean
Member: #743
9/15/2021  9:10 PM
I kind of packed the Knicks away in the back of my head since we were so far away. Now that we are getting closer to game action I am getting super excited. I seriously think our rookies will be a bigger help to the team if given a chance than most people realize. I was on the Miles McBride train after the first draft breakdown I seen before we even drafted him. He has everything except the ability to breakdown the defense off the dribble. Grimes might take time to adjust but he also will help the team if given a chance. Everything I have seen in his basketball career is that he starts slow but eventually plays well.
BigDaddyG

9/17/2021  11:24 AM
More Knick highlights of Rokas in Spain, with special guest appearance from former Knick Nigel Hayes.
Clean
Member: #743
9/17/2021  4:09 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:More Knick highlights of Rokas in Spain, with special guest appearance from former Knick Nigel Hayes.

I had no expectations from Rokas when he was drafted but he has looked real good overall. I doubt he will be a star but I can see a real good player in the future that makes the right plays. Getting that type of player from a second round pick we got for free is an A+ job by the front office.

Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

9/19/2021  10:22 AM
Pretty sad the Knicks are in the best shape of all the teams I root for
Pepper
Member: #8900

9/19/2021  12:12 PM
Clean wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:More Knick highlights of Rokas in Spain, with special guest appearance from former Knick Nigel Hayes.

I had no expectations from Rokas when he was drafted but he has looked real good overall. I doubt he will be a star but I can see a real good player in the future that makes the right plays. Getting that type of player from a second round pick we got for free is an A+ job by the front office.

I'd pump the brakes on Rokas. To me, he's looked like 'real good player' is his absolute ceiling in the NBA. From what he showed in summer league, he is a high IQ player who can shoot and has some ability to run the offense with the ball in his hands but he's limited athletically and is a liability on defense. He has a along way to go before he can contribute regular minutes in the NBA. The Knicks should def. stash him and let him develop.

McBride was the guy who separated himself in summer league to me as someone who could contribute right away- if only because of his defense and shot making ability. If Rose or Walker get hurt its going to be hard to keep McBride from getting minutes.
CleaverGreene
Member: #8756

9/19/2021  5:07 PM
Philc1 wrote:Pretty sad the Knicks are in the best shape of all the teams I root for

I'm a Knicks, Jets, and Mets fan...so this is a no-brainer to agree with.

There are three classes of men; lovers of wisdom, lovers of honor, and lovers of gain. (Plato)
CleaverGreene
Member: #8756

9/19/2021  5:16 PM
Pepper wrote:
Clean wrote:

I'd pump the brakes on Rokas. To me, he's looked like 'real good player' is his absolute ceiling in the NBA. From what he showed in summer league, he is a high IQ player who can shoot and has some ability to run the offense with the ball in his hands but he's limited athletically and is a liability on defense. He has a along way to go before he can contribute regular minutes in the NBA. The Knicks should def. stash him and let him develop.

McBride was the guy who separated himself in summer league to me as someone who could contribute right away- if only because of his defense and shot making ability. If Rose or Walker get hurt its going to be hard to keep McBride from getting minutes.

Easy for me to imagine Rokas as a player in our rotation on the second unit. He's a heady player, sees the court well as a passer, and his shooting showed some potential.

I also don't see him as a significant liability on D, at least from what we saw in SL. He hustles, is competitive, and has active hands and some length on D.

I don't expect him to be a premium player, or even a starter, in the NBA, but I think he will carve out a role on the Knicks in the future.

There are three classes of men; lovers of wisdom, lovers of honor, and lovers of gain. (Plato)
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
9/19/2021  7:05 PM
CleaverGreene wrote:
Pepper wrote:
Clean wrote:

definitely man. physical ability + bulldog mentality + swagger + bball iq. took some combo of gamblers’ nerves + fo brilliance to wait him out at 36
Countdown to NY Knicks Tipoff vs. Boston Celtics (October 20th @ 7:30).

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy