The official 2021-2022 NBA Season…………….
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/15/2022  9:27 PM
Clean wrote:
I been asking this same question. Everyone we get is worthless and everyone else we need to overpay for.

Good point, and we now know Kemba will have tremendous value when we trade him

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
Clean
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #743
6/15/2022  10:34 PM
martin wrote:
Clean wrote:
I been asking this same question. Everyone we get is worthless and everyone else we need to overpay for.

Good job on the strawman argument. I think you really proved your point.
martin
USA
6/15/2022  10:43 PM
Clean wrote:
martin wrote:
Clean wrote:

Good job on the strawman argument. I think you really proved your point.

Mostly I was trying to be funny

martin
USA
6/16/2022  12:13 AM
smackeddog
Member: #883
6/16/2022  3:08 AM
Clean wrote:

It's irritating- we saw it big time in the Melo trade (before the trade all the bball writers were saying Gallo, Chandler, Felton, Mosgov etc had little value, as soon as their with he Nuggets "ooh, promising young players!), and again in the Cam Reddish trade. When we obtained the Hornets pick all the writers and trade grades downplayed the pick claiming it was so heavily protected, it would likely never convey and suddenly 1st rounders don't have value. Cam , was heralded as having high value, really high potential etc. As soon as we trade the two, the script got flipped- Cam became a flawed question mark, low value player ('his value had declined since he's been on the Knicks'- why?!), and suddenly it was a good trade for the Hawks, because they got a first rounder that could have a lot of value for future trades. It's a joke.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/16/2022  7:43 AM
smackeddog wrote:
Clean wrote:

It's irritating- we saw it big time in the Melo trade (before the trade all the bball writers were saying Gallo, Chandler, Felton, Mosgov etc had little value, as soon as their with he Nuggets "ooh, promising young players!), and again in the Cam Reddish trade. When we obtained the Hornets pick all the writers and trade grades downplayed the pick claiming it was so heavily protected, it would likely never convey and suddenly 1st rounders don't have value. Cam , was heralded as having high value, really high potential etc. As soon as we trade the two, the script got flipped- Cam became a flawed question mark, low value player ('his value had declined since he's been on the Knicks'- why?!), and suddenly it was a good trade for the Hawks, because they got a first rounder that could have a lot of value for future trades. It's a joke.

Remember, anger sells. Knicks “Failures” are embedded within our DNA. Because we have had many coaches, sub .500 seasons and no rookies extended in a very long time, this trend will continue and the tommy beer’s and others will drip negativity. We as fans in our discussions often mimic this rhetoric.

Optimisim is seen as the fool were being pessimistic is deemed as wise.
For way too long as I care to admit I promote that if knicks do the right thing and create opportunities good things will happen. We have but the results are not really there. Or “we have not executed well or been lucky”.
Until we increase our success on the court the media who feeds the fan will continue this trend.

Brogden is an upgade but we’ll slam it becuae we place greater hope on picks and will see it as “blocking progress”. It might be a stop gap to keep developing yoot as there is a time line but fans don’t fully understand that. Nor do I in great detail but im open minded to think this way. This how you try to win and not tank.

On the flip side we are wary of RJ’s progress and what to pay him because he is so linear in his progress but not flashy.

“It all gets sorted out on the court”….

Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

6/16/2022  9:07 AM
martin wrote:
Clean wrote:

Are Brogdon and Turner really being overvalued by anyone outside of the Pacers own FO? I am not seeing the pacers getting legit offers

We can probably get Brogdon for a conditional future pick and a couple expiring contracts on draft night

smackeddog
6/16/2022  1:03 PM

I do find his knee situation worrying (for him)- been wondering if he's going to suffer long term damage from the way the injury has been treated from day 1, it did make me think of IT

SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
6/17/2022  8:44 AM
Congrats to Curry and the GSW. Their bounce back from being at the very bottom just 2 years ago is one of the greatest comebacks in NBA history. I honestly thought their run was dead over after Memphis eliminated them last season so kudos to them. Even though Curry was the MVP and deservingly so, they do not win this series without Wiggins. He was their 'Pippen'.

And I'm just happy Miami, Chicago, Indiana, Brooklyn, Atlanta and Boston did not win.

sidsanders
Member: #2426

6/17/2022  11:00 AM
SergioNYK wrote:Congrats to Curry and the GSW. Their bounce back from being at the very bottom just 2 years ago is one of the greatest comebacks in NBA history. I honestly thought their run was dead over after Memphis eliminated them last season so kudos to them. Even though Curry was the MVP and deservingly so, they do not win this series without Wiggins. He was their 'Pippen'.

And I'm just happy Miami, Chicago, Indiana, Brooklyn, Atlanta and Boston did not win.

is it? they had their 2 best players hurt for most of or both those years and got them both back this year. this isnt like they just had some bad play during that time.

GO TEAM VENTURE!!!!!
smackeddog
6/17/2022  1:23 PM
SergioNYK wrote:Congrats to Curry and the GSW. Their bounce back from being at the very bottom just 2 years ago is one of the greatest comebacks in NBA history. I honestly thought their run was dead over after Memphis eliminated them last season so kudos to them. Even though Curry was the MVP and deservingly so, they do not win this series without Wiggins. He was their 'Pippen'.

Really impressed at their journey back to a chip- I still can't believe they did it. Gives me hope- you look at the roster and the status of their main players re: age and injury and you wouldn't think of it as a championship team. Very impressive achievement for hard work and team work.

Clean
Member: #743
6/17/2022  3:16 PM
sidsanders wrote:

is it? they had their 2 best players hurt for most of or both those years and got them both back this year. this isnt like they just had some bad play during that time.

This is my feeling on it also.

Nalod
USA
6/17/2022  3:36 PM
Cat Barber who can avg almost 23 pts, 7 assists in Gleague can't get a gig in NBA. Still just 27 years old.
This league is hard to stick!

https://www.proballers.com/basketball/player/62435/anthony-barber

Nothing is a straight correlation but we go crazy when Deuce was "held back" by the rigid grumpy Thibs and outside of one "break out" game (Was hoping like all) he has not be great offensively.
My point? Shit is hard! Kid is young and shows promise. he lit up Gleague which is great, but its not a validator.

Cat "Anthony" Barber is still out there looking for love................

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/17/2022  3:52 PM
Nalod wrote:Cat Barber who can avg almost 23 pts, 7 assists in Gleague can't get a gig in NBA. Still just 27 years old.

Nothing is a straight correlation but we go crazy when Deuce was "held back" by the rigid grumpy Thibs and outside of one "break out" game (Was hoping like all) he has not be great offensively.
My point? Shit is hard! Kid is young and shows promise. he lit up Gleague which is great, but its not a validator.

You have to take G-League stats with a grain of salt when guys like Nik Staukus are throwing up 57 points just hours after arriving of their flight from Latveria. It's a way to guage other things like a players ability to see the floor, their hustle, etc. Deuce is a dog, he just needs to start knocking down shots.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
USA
6/17/2022  5:50 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Nalod wrote:Cat Barber who can avg almost 23 pts, 7 assists in Gleague can't get a gig in NBA. Still just 27 years old.

You have to take G-League stats with a grain of salt when guys like Nik Staukus are throwing up 57 points just hours after arriving of their flight from Latveria. It's a way to guage other things like a players ability to see the floor, their hustle, etc. Deuce is a dog, he just needs to start knocking down shots.

Yup......................

gradyandrew
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #8959

6/17/2022  8:06 PM
Clean wrote:
sidsanders wrote:

This is my feeling on it also.

Me three. As soon as they ditched the Wiseman experience the old Warriors were back. Signing Otto Porter for the minimum was a big help.

martin
USA
6/18/2022  3:34 PM
OK, you don't see that too often

wargames
Member: #6053

6/18/2022  3:36 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/18/2022  3:40 PM
martin wrote:OK, you don't see that too often

They must of sold him on more championships and a chance at a Marquee team eventually. The hornets is a hard job and no guarantee of success.

Flipside this is a bit of chaos pre draft. Not having a coach means they have two draft picks at the end of the lottery and no “system in place” to draft for. Does D’antoni even take that job now?

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
smackeddog
6/18/2022  3:41 PM

Wow, embarrassing for the Hornets- does this make it difficult for them to find a good replacement now they’re clearly the fall back guy- D’Antoni has an ego

martin
USA
6/18/2022  3:43 PM
wargames wrote:

They must of sold him on more championships and a chance at a Marquee team eventually. The hornets is a hard job and no guarantee of success.

Flipside this is a bit of chaos pre draft. Not having a coach means they have two draft picks at the end of the lottery and no “system in place” to draft for. Does D’antoni even take that job now?

I'd guess is was more about the other side of the table - Hornets prob didn't give him a good enough offer.

You don't turn down head coaching jobs too often

The official 2021-2022 NBA Season…………….

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy