Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/13/2022  3:31 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:

OKC gets to punt one of its picks while moving to the salary floor. Denver saves money and has a chance to bring in cheap talent. WE could've given them Kemba back and it would've achieved the same
thing

Green played 67 games last year. Kemba is cooked.
We can move his salary to a team in need of a one legg'd star or can buy him out. Not sure where this falls.
We could have done it, but I suppose we forgot? Or, we not saavy? Or we not in tax situation? Or have other ideas how to use his expiring if in fact we do.
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/13/2022  3:55 PM
Nalod wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:

OKC gets to punt one of its picks while moving to the salary floor. Denver saves money and has a chance to bring in cheap talent. WE could've given them Kemba back and it would've achieved the same
thing

We can move his salary to a team in need of a one legg'd star or can buy him out. Not sure where this falls.
We could have done it, but I suppose we forgot? Or, we not saavy? Or we not in tax situation? Or have other ideas how to use his expiring if in fact we do.

No matter what happens though, we need to blame Thibs

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/13/2022  6:51 PM
Nalod wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:

thing

I don't expect Green to play for them at all. Also, Kemba isn't cooked. He's just rejuvenating. He
just needs the right team to unlock his inner potential. Boston could use him right now. Most teams would be lucky to have him in exchange for a first rounder.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Clean
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #743
6/13/2022  8:13 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Nalod wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:

thing

I don't expect Green to play for them at all. Also, Kemba isn't cooked. He's just rejuvenating. He
just needs the right team to unlock his inner potential. Boston could use him right now. Most teams would be lucky to have him in exchange for a first rounder.

This is not true. Bostons defense has improved drastically because they let go of Kemba and EF. The sad thing is we picked up both and now underperformed.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/13/2022  9:51 PM
Man, is Tatum always this sloppy with the ball?
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/13/2022  11:32 PM
Another bad shot by Tatum
RIP Crushalot😞
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

6/14/2022  12:18 AM
Just to give an idea of how good and deep the Warriors are. they are up 3-2 in the finals and the 2nd pick from 2020. and the 7th and 14th pick in last year's drafts are riding the bench.
smackeddog
Member: #883
6/14/2022  5:53 AM
Uptown wrote:Just to give an idea of how good and deep the Warriors are. they are up 3-2 in the finals and the 2nd pick from 2020. and the 7th and 14th pick in last year's drafts are riding the bench.

That's just it though, I don't think they are individually that great or deep- I don't understand how they've come so far! Green has been old and played like trash, Klay has been diminished, Curry hasn't shot as well as usual this year, their rooks and young players have hardly played and Poole is essentially IQ level, I think. It's amazing how great they've done as a team, I don't get it!

BigDaddyG

6/14/2022  7:03 AM
Clean wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Nalod wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:

thing

This is not true. Bostons defense has improved drastically because they let go of Kemba and EF. The sad thing is we picked up both and now underperformed.

Dude, Boston could absolutely use Kemba right now. A first for a player with Kemba's experience, ball handling and sophistication seems fair to me 😉 Plus, he's off the books after next year.
The guys just dropped 44 points a few months ago.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
USA
6/14/2022  8:46 AM
smackeddog wrote:
Uptown wrote:Just to give an idea of how good and deep the Warriors are. they are up 3-2 in the finals and the 2nd pick from 2020. and the 7th and 14th pick in last year's drafts are riding the bench.

That's just it though, I don't think they are individually that great or deep- I don't understand how they've come so far! Green has been old and played like trash, Klay has been diminished, Curry hasn't shot as well as usual this year, their rooks and young players have hardly played and Poole is essentially IQ level, I think. It's amazing how great they've done as a team, I don't get it!

Wiggins defied his reputation and has been rebounding and astounding. Otto Porter is and always a quality player but with injury issues. Those two really compliment the core.

The west sort off fell off this year and GSW stayed healthy thus far. Im not on the steph is on par with Lebron thing but thats because I don’t hate lebron like so many do. Don’t get me wrong, Steph is a Jerry West type transcendent type player but not one to carry a team on his back alone. Not on mount rushmore. He was one part of a great tandem and was fortunate to play for a great organization who hit it right on many fronts for some time. Thats a complement an not a dis. Lets just say he is in rare air of top 15-20 of all time but not in that Top 5 mount rushmore thing. Its not his fault he had three seaons with Durant and won two of three trips to finals with him. It dilutes his MT rushmore status in my view. put I place him on a more crowded space with the likes of Oscar, Magic, the Logo, Bird, ets. Thats a very special place where the MVP’s and fist ballot HOF’s live. This is a team game and 4 titles are fantastic.

Know how we say great players make great coaches? And Great coaches can’t be great without the players. Well this year perhaps might be Kerr’s best work and while he is now a HOF type coach given his resume, this might have been his best work. Funny, his mentor is Phil Jax. Kerr won 5 titles as a role player and could be 4 as a coach. Depending on his logevity he could approach Pop type level. I don’t see him as that type and perhaps when this run is over he does not rebuild with them. Just a Nalod Guess.

And I always believed when he got that awful spinal fluid issue and needed surgery given the pain that if he was a knick coach he’d have resigned. Thats doubly painful!
Thus he was never meant to be here.

BigDaddyG

6/14/2022  1:05 PM
Grimy getting it in.
Nalod
USA
6/14/2022  2:18 PM
Kudos to Landry fields who got promoted to the GM spot in Atlanta!
Stamford grad, did well, got a nice FA contract, got security, married a model, got injured, had an education base to work from, and worked thru the ranks to get a great job all before age 34! Has three kids now too.
Good for him, and yes an education is not for everyone but it helped qualify him!
Nalod
USA
6/14/2022  2:21 PM
NBA forward Montrezl Harrell has been charged with drug trafficking after cops say they found three pounds of weed in his car during a traffic stop in May ...
Yikes! Thats like 1-5 years with that much. He a free agent this year. Not a good time for him. He got stopped and was smoking in the car. He admitted it and showed his weed from his pants. Problem was the back pack filled to the rim. This issue is THREE POUNDS.

I hope nothing derails his career and he can just get some light thing if he has a clean record. I know its not right, but there are laws and consequences never the less.

Clean
6/14/2022  4:14 PM

I am not with trading for him because it would cost too much and we are not even close to being contenders but I must say D Mitch is about as NY as it gets. Once the offseason hits dude is all about NY in every way possible.

Clean
6/14/2022  7:07 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/14/2022  7:10 PM
Nice Thread on Quick. Quick looked like a real legit PG post all-star break.

Nalod
USA
6/15/2022  7:58 AM
Clean wrote:

I am not with trading for him because it would cost too much and we are not even close to being contenders but I must say D Mitch is about as NY as it gets. Once the offseason hits dude is all about NY in every way possible.

Be great to get him but not as a starphuch gate attraction but as a bonafide piece of winning puzzle. The past has given in to that even if the intent was good. The Isiah Marbury era and the Dolan failed Lebron attempt that led to Amare/Melo consolation attempt. While fans crave a star, perhaps the PHil/MIlls/Leon eras are more grounded to build from the ground up and can pull it off without the empty result.

Clean
6/15/2022  5:04 PM

Like father like son.
Clean
6/15/2022  5:38 PM

I been asking this same question. Everyone we get is worthless and everyone else we need to overpay for.
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

6/15/2022  8:42 PM
Clean wrote:

Are we really that far away? If Rose executed his plan A and signed and traded for Mitchell or Brunson and then signed Bamba to be the new defensive Center we are probably between a 47-51 win team

BigDaddyG

6/15/2022  8:50 PM
Philc1 wrote:
Clean wrote:

Are we really that far away? If Rose executed his plan A and signed and traded for Mitchell or Brunson and then signed Bamba to be the new defensive Center we are probably between a 47-51 win team

Yeah, Mitchell and Brunson likely aren't coming and we have no idea what the Knicks are getting from Randle. If Thibs coaches next year's squad to a .500 season, I won't criticize ever again.

The official 2021-2022 NBA Season…………….

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy