[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The official 2021-2022 NBA Season…………….
Author Thread
gradyandrew
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #8959

10/6/2021  2:20 AM
Nalod wrote:Kyrie is some piece of work. Ok for his mates to get vaxxed but not him?

He's building wells in the Pakistani desert. He gets cut a lot of slack in my book. Cynical hypocrisy seems to be the credo of the day,see the Pandora papers and WSJs report on Facebook. Kyrie keeps it real,flat earth and all.

AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/6/2021  8:08 AM
gradyandrew wrote:
Nalod wrote:Kyrie is some piece of work. Ok for his mates to get vaxxed but not him?

He's building wells in the Pakistani desert. He gets cut a lot of slack in my book. Cynical hypocrisy seems to be the credo of the day,see the Pandora papers and WSJs report on Facebook. Kyrie keeps it real,flat earth and all.

I have been defending him to the extent that his on court performance is what matters and if his mates are ok with him walking away for a few days, who am I to do otherwise. He seems to irk fans more than the teams he is on.

This is a clear line in the sand. We all took some form of calculated chance when we vax’d. Its not just about protecting ourselves but others around us. I had someone in one of my offices get covid and out of 10, 5 were vax’d, and were allowed back in. 4 were not and had to take a two week unpaid holiday. Meaning they burned time off or sick time. Half were not vax’d. WE did not know the numbers as we don’t ask who is or not. WE have a HIPA program that ask’s people to volunteer their vax status. WEll now the vax’d are a bit miffed at who is not. Those not are younger office staff. Bit of a morale issue when they come back I suppose. Maybe some got it done while out.

Kyrie drew a new line. Not sure if my situation plays on a pro basketball team or not. Im only judging players on court. As long as they are not breaking laws or Paul Pierce I try to not overly judge.

KnickDanger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7578

10/6/2021  10:36 AM
My take on Kyrie, my personal principles aside, is superficial. I like to see him fail as a professional basketball player. Because he is a “Super Friends” Net and I want that team to stumble and fall. Because of that whole front runner mindset and all the flak the Knicks FO took when we “failed” in signing him and KD. So whether it’s the vax stance or cutting class to party in a pandemic, I love it.
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/6/2021  11:11 AM
KnickDanger wrote:My take on Kyrie, my personal principles aside, is superficial. I like to see him fail as a professional basketball player. Because he is a “Super Friends” Net and I want that team to stumble and fall. Because of that whole front runner mindset and all the flak the Knicks FO took when we “failed” in signing him and KD. So whether it’s the vax stance or cutting class to party in a pandemic, I love it.

+1
Nothing like watching the little red-headed step brother **** his pants! Now we just need some new Harden strip club stuff, KD choking Nash and the Nets being sold to the Saudis.
Nalod
USA
10/6/2021  12:54 PM
Can’t imagine any of us know him enough to gauge his sincerity to his causes.
What I have read of others that have gotten to know him is he is very into it and perhaps that the underlying problem. He teammates respect his off court intensities. He is batshyt crazy but is that a bad thing if your mates don’t object?
If and when that occurs then its an issue. Its not his reasoning for not being vax’d, its now that he puts himself before the team and that now disrupts the quest.

Question: Can Kyrie with embiid get it done? Trade straight up for Simmons?

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/6/2021  1:18 PM
Nalod wrote:Can’t imagine any of us know him enough to gauge his sincerity to his causes.
What I have read of others that have gotten to know him is he is very into it and perhaps that the underlying problem. He teammates respect his off court intensities. He is batshyt crazy but is that a bad thing if your mates don’t object?
If and when that occurs then its an issue. Its not his reasoning for not being vax’d, its now that he puts himself before the team and that now disrupts the quest.

To God's ears... that would be a win-win for us. Sixers and Nets trade talented dysfunctional psychos.

gradyandrew

10/6/2021  1:32 PM
Kyrie has said he would retire if he got traded from the Nets. We will see. Kyrie famously believes government is about control. I'm not sure how KAT feels about the Vax. It seems like the.Nets had a long time to figure this out. Ultimately management should have figured a safe way around this.
smackeddog
Member: #883
10/6/2021  2:44 PM

Not only that, but I'd forgotten he initially wanted players to skip the bubble! Maybe he's just a contrarian

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/6/2021  3:03 PM
jrodmc wrote:
Nalod wrote:Can’t imagine any of us know him enough to gauge his sincerity to his causes.

To God's ears... that would be a win-win for us. Sixers and Nets trade talented dysfunctional psychos.

Kyrie's value is worse than Simmons, believe it or not. And that's not even including Kyrie's retirement threat. I think Morey immediately hangs up if the Nets call.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
smackeddog
10/6/2021  5:03 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

Kyrie's value is worse than Simmons, believe it or not. And that's not even including Kyrie's retirement threat. I think Morey immediately hangs up if the Nets call.

I really don’t think Kyrie plays beyond his contract, just seems his heart isn’t in all the stuff that comes with being an nba player

gradyandrew

10/6/2021  9:14 PM
smackeddog wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

I really don’t think Kyrie plays beyond his contract, just seems his heart isn’t in all the stuff that comes with being an nba player

At least we will always have those Games 6 and 7. Even this could be a win for the league,I'm a lot less confident in Brooklyn's ability to win it all if Kyrie doesn't play. You have to think that the Nets are still better off with a part time Kyrie than none. I'm also unsure of the constitutionality of those rules,anyone else pumped up for a flag over Kyrie's mouth on the poster for "The People vs. Kyrie Irving"?

Nalod
USA
10/7/2021  7:14 AM
Kyrie is hyper sensitive racial issues and the Vax. LIke I said, few dispute his sincerity and his personal beliefs. Fans are bugging about the money. ITs almost as if he seems abstinent for the sake of it, but we don’t know him. From the outside he takes on these issues all the way and commits. ITs why his commitment to basketball is questioned but he himself has said this.
The issue? He is massively talented on the court and his contract/union rules does not factor in vaccine mandates.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/7/2021  2:52 PM
Sad to say...but I guessed 40% of the guys named in the indictment. Milt was a little random tho, and I was sure Zach Randolph would be named. I'm guessing Javaris Crittenton was already doing it one when this scheme played out.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/8/2021  9:51 AM
He's not wrong

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
10/8/2021  11:42 AM
martin wrote:He's not wrong

The delivery is hysterical. I don’t always enjoy Jeff’s commentary, but that was great.

I’m pretty sure research means browsing social media for opinions that match your own. In as little as 10-20 minutes, depending on how fine tuned an individual’s echo chambers are to begin with.

Nalod
USA
10/8/2021  12:41 PM
Had a friend tell me yesterday they quit Facebook after watching some documentaries. They have young children. I asked them if they eat mcdonalds every day? They said “hell no”. I reminded them facebook is a FOR PROFIT company and nobody putting a gun to your head making you digest it. I can manipulate facebook to suit my needs and its not an issue.
I can get a salad at McDonald’s. I don’t have to eat badly. Facebook and others is fast food for the mind. It’s not good for you. But it does not have to be.
Let’s not even think about the social impact of Q-Non has on a vulnerable mind. ITs scary.
gradyandrew

10/8/2021  8:23 PM
The Philadelphia 76ers and Portland Trail Blazers have engaged on trade discussions for Ben Simmons. The talks centered around a swap of Simmons for C.J. McCollum, but died due to Philadelphia seeking multiple first round picks. Daryl Morey reportedly asked for three first round picks and pick swaps in the intervening years, in addition to McCollum.realgm

I actually feel like there are a lot of situations where this could be a fair price. The problem is a team shouldn't have a lot of money locked into the front court for it to make sense. Presumably you would want Ben as a PF with a low usage center and plenty of shooting on the roster. McCollum isn't the exact kind of player Philly presumably wants, they would have to move some of those picks to get a point guard.

It seems like Morey painted himself into a corner here. Until the trade moratorium is lifted there are just not that many players that can be traded,I think about half the league has restrictions. Embiid is good but you don't want him playing 36 minutes per the first 20 games to ensure you don't have to be in the play in at the end of the season.

Clean
Member: #743
10/8/2021  9:26 PM
Lonzo showing why I wanted to sign him. Dude has been playing well so far with the Bulls.
smackeddog
10/9/2021  4:13 AM
Jordan Poole is beasting this preseason, huge boost for the warriors if it carries through to the regular season
Clean
Member: #743
10/9/2021  6:07 AM
smackeddog wrote:Jordan Poole is beasting this preseason, huge boost for the warriors if it carries through to the regular season

I forgot about him. Since when did he turn into a mini Klay? How are you going to beat the Warriors when Klay comes back?

The official 2021-2022 NBA Season…………….

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy