Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/6/2022  2:07 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/6/2022  2:09 PM
Nalod wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Really disgusting, what's wrong with some people

The context in which he said it is to be considered. “Pull the trigger” is a long used basketball term.
Its a Twitter “gotcha” moment. Kevin Porter sr played for the “Capital Bullets”. They did not change the name of their team until 1995 to the Wizards!

I hear you and some phrases should be removed. Porter shot the ball and made a basketball decision that hurt the wiz and the Wiz announcer made that call. Do we know the announcer? He a gun advocate? History of violence? Or he just use a basketball phrase?

Lets be real, its a basketball SHOT. The man doing it is THE SHOOTER.

Ok, i have to retract this as I thought his father was the Pro player.
This:

“ Porter was born in Seattle, Washington, to Ayanna and Bryan Kevin Porter Sr.[1] His father played football, basketball, and baseball at Rainier Beach High School in Seattle in the 1990s. Porter Jr.'s father, Bryan Kevin Porter Sr., pleaded guilty to first-degree manslaughter in a shooting death of a 14-year-old girl in 1993. He was sentenced to 4 1/2 years in prison. In July 2004, when Porter was four years old, his father was shot five times and killed while trying to help someone being attacked.[2] As a result, he was raised by his mother, who became his role model.[3] [4]”

I hope in the aftermath of that broadcast he issued an apology. That really was a bad thing to say and i regret my response. I was not aware his father actually shot someone and eventually he too was as well.

I put this highlighted quote out a few minutes ago. I also came across this:

AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/7/2022  7:42 AM
Full circle

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
1/7/2022  1:41 PM
martin wrote:Full circle

It's crazy when you think back- he got so much heat as if he was personally the herald of covid! I was so mad at him at the time, I thought the Jazz should buy him out or trade him because what he did was unforgivable- ridiculous!😂

smackeddog
1/7/2022  1:43 PM
Nalod wrote:
Nalod wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Really disgusting, what's wrong with some people

The context in which he said it is to be considered. “Pull the trigger” is a long used basketball term.
Its a Twitter “gotcha” moment. Kevin Porter sr played for the “Capital Bullets”. They did not change the name of their team until 1995 to the Wizards!

I hear you and some phrases should be removed. Porter shot the ball and made a basketball decision that hurt the wiz and the Wiz announcer made that call. Do we know the announcer? He a gun advocate? History of violence? Or he just use a basketball phrase?

Lets be real, its a basketball SHOT. The man doing it is THE SHOOTER.

Ok, i have to retract this as I thought his father was the Pro player.
This:

“ Porter was born in Seattle, Washington, to Ayanna and Bryan Kevin Porter Sr.[1] His father played football, basketball, and baseball at Rainier Beach High School in Seattle in the 1990s. Porter Jr.'s father, Bryan Kevin Porter Sr., pleaded guilty to first-degree manslaughter in a shooting death of a 14-year-old girl in 1993. He was sentenced to 4 1/2 years in prison. In July 2004, when Porter was four years old, his father was shot five times and killed while trying to help someone being attacked.[2] As a result, he was raised by his mother, who became his role model.[3] [4]”

I hope in the aftermath of that broadcast he issued an apology. That really was a bad thing to say and i regret my response. I was not aware his father actually shot someone and eventually he too was as well.

I put this highlighted quote out a few minutes ago. I also came across this:

Don't believe him! It's like when that terrible person/ writer/ editor whatever he was did the "Ch*** in the Armor" headline for Jeremy Lin and claimed it was a genuine mistake

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

1/7/2022  9:57 PM
Man, it would be crazy if Brooklyn made it to the finals and then lost a game 7 at home.
martin
USA
1/8/2022  12:11 PM
Rookie wrote:Man, it would be crazy if Brooklyn made it to the finals and then lost a game 7 at home.

LOL good point.

Brooklyn is at a disadvantage for home court... for now.

martin
USA
1/8/2022  1:33 PM
martin wrote:
Rookie wrote:Man, it would be crazy if Brooklyn made it to the finals and then lost a game 7 at home.

LOL good point.

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

1/8/2022  4:33 PM
martin wrote:
martin wrote:

LOL good point.

Nets are frauds regardless. Super Friend ring chasing douchebags.

martin
USA
1/8/2022  5:20 PM
NYKMentality
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4385

1/8/2022  5:59 PM

I don't think they're built for a Championship.

They made a gigantic mistake getting rid of Jarrett Allen who's now a big man Center who's FEASTING for Cleveland this year.

And now they have no big man and no one to protect the rim. Which is why James Harden leads their team with 8.1 rebounds per game (won't survive playoff basketball).

Imo they are only Kyrie/Harden/KD but surrounded by crap everywhere else with a lack of key role playing role players along with a laughing stock backup/bench unit.

Milwaukee vs. Golden State (and Steph Curry wins his 4th ring at 33-34 years old).

That's my Championship prediction.

I don't believe Brooklyn stands a chance come playoff basketball.

Clean
Member: #743
1/8/2022  6:15 PM

If we can get in on this for either I would be happy. I would rather Hali because he can shoot but Fox can drive to the hoop and we need that also. The ability to breakdown the D is why Rose is so important to us. For me it would depend on the price for either.

ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

1/9/2022  9:28 AM
Clean wrote:If we can get in on this for either I would be happy. I would rather Hali because he can shoot but Fox can drive to the hoop and we need that also. The ability to breakdown the D is why Rose is so important to us. For me it would depend on the price for either.

Obi for Hali straight up?

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/9/2022  10:51 AM
ESOMKnicks wrote:
Clean wrote:If we can get in on this for either I would be happy. I would rather Hali because he can shoot but Fox can drive to the hoop and we need that also. The ability to breakdown the D is why Rose is so important to us. For me it would depend on the price for either.

Won't get it done. While I'm not convincinced Hali is a lead guard, he has established himself as a highly functioning starter in this league. And he's younger than Obi.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
smackeddog
1/9/2022  1:40 PM
Clean wrote:

If we can get in on this for either I would be happy. I would rather Hali because he can shoot but Fox can drive to the hoop and we need that also. The ability to breakdown the D is why Rose is so important to us. For me it would depend on the price for either.

Why would they suddenly want to get rid of Haliburton? Thought they were high on him? Maybe they end up doing Hali, Barnes and Field for Simmons and filler

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

1/9/2022  4:31 PM
ESOMKnicks wrote:

That hurts.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

1/9/2022  10:33 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:

Won't get it done. While I'm not convincinced Hali is a lead guard, he has established himself as a highly functioning starter in this league. And he's younger than Obi.

Love Obi, but he will never get the minutes he needs to develop, as long as Thibs and Randle are here. We might need to involve a third team and as well as package some of our draft picks to get Hali here, but I think he is a serious upgrade. He had a recent stretch where he had 10+ assists in 5 of 6 games. He will be our best passer and ball mover, by far. He's also shooting 44% from 3.

wargames
Member: #6053

1/10/2022  5:04 AM
Uptown wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:

Love Obi, but he will never get the minutes he needs to develop, as long as Thibs and Randle are here. We might need to involve a third team and as well as package some of our draft picks to get Hali here, but I think he is a serious upgrade. He had a recent stretch where he had 10+ assists in 5 of 6 games. He will be our best passer and ball mover, by far. He's also shooting 44% from 3.

I think it can happen, we have trade assets, can give them cap space if they want it (by absorbing Hield), they have a third PG in Davion Mitchell, and while the comparison isn’t ideal. Haliburton has been as injury prone as Porzingis was. While he won’t go cheap, it shouldn’t take an arm and a leg to get the deal done.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

1/10/2022  8:46 AM
wargames wrote:
Uptown wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:

I think it can happen, we have trade assets, can give them cap space if they want it (by absorbing Hield), they have a third PG in Davion Mitchell, and while the comparison isn’t ideal. Haliburton has been as injury prone as Porzingis was. While he won’t go cheap, it shouldn’t take an arm and a leg to get the deal done.

I've caught pieces of Kings games, here and there. Watched most of the 2nd half last night. Fox is their most explosive guard off the bounce, but Haliburton is their best all around guard in terms of IQ, passing and shooting. He also has the better contract so if I'm the Kings, he's the one I would keep of the two. With that said, if he's available, we definitely need to inquire.

On another note, Anfernee Simons is going to be an elite guard in this league. His emergence will make CJ McCollum expendable, sooner rather than later. No way Portland will let go of the kid.

smackeddog
1/10/2022  3:38 PM
Swishfm3
Member: #392
1/10/2022  5:07 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/10/2022  5:08 PM
I would offer Obi and Mcbride for Haliburton.

Letting Obi Toppin would put us a bit thin at the PF depth chart

The official 2021-2022 NBA Season…………….

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy