Author Thread
KnickDanger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7578

1/2/2022  8:00 PM
Nalod wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
Nalod wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:My dislike for lebron isn't about his transcendent ability. He's a...what's the word we use around here? Oh yeah, a douche. I am honestly glad he was never a Knick. I'd have to root for him. It would feel like paying for sex. Or perhaps being paid for it?

I hated Jordan. He ****ed us up many times. Came in to the garden in the spring and it was a plaything.
The rules, the touch fouls…….the endless fawning and his arrogance was hard to take. But you take it and admire it. Lebron is arrogant and has pushed his will because he had leverage to do so. Jordan was held hostage by a salary cap that he could not make the kind of money, not even close elsewhere.
He could not conspire because teams could not pay him.

I'm reluctant to say I "hate" -- but I strongly disliked Jordan and I hated the deference of refs and Garden posers cheering him on. Your point that he would have manipulated rosters like Labronna if had the leverage is likely true. But he never danced for the cameras in a 'decision" after leading Knicks fans on so if I have to make a Sophie's Choice and send one to Hell, it's LBJ.

You hold on to grudges and not allow for a man to mature?

Lebron was awful early on. His ability to manipulate Rosters is really non of our business. He applied his leverage and perhaps the optics was not great. Jordan uses to bully his teammates to serve his winning needs. He was brutal in practice. He hit steve Kerr! LOL
Lebron wanted to share winning. Magic Johnson was like this. Jordan was sociopath for winning. Had to take nearly two seaosns off either for burnout or Stern punishment.
The Decision was awful. Jordan did not dance, but Lebron exibits joy and we fault him for it? A bit harsh.

Bill Russell was no saint off the court with family. Thats his business. Wilt? Arrogant, spend whole seasons to make a point, and ****ed everything in sight! LOLJabbar was misunderstod and mistrusted for his move to Islam. He was moody and not cooperative to marketing forces. Jordan off court affairs, fights with teammates, etc,……..all these guys come with flaws. Lebron has put in enough work on his body and game to warrant we look past them and just admire him on Mt Rushmore with others. Not always nice people but their quests don’t always come without paying prices. The goats are scrutinized and we want to tear them down as to humanize them.

It would seem my tongue in cheek intentions have not hit the mark. I don't hate anyone, much less a basketball player.

AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/3/2022  3:35 PM
This guy will be an UFA this summer, PHO declined his rookie option this offseason

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
1/4/2022  3:16 PM

smackeddog
Member: #883
1/5/2022  4:16 PM
This is the exact opposite of promising- who’d of thought Zion would likely be out for the season when the Pelicans lied in the preseason that his jones fracture would be fully healed within a few weeks?!

Zion Williamson will dial back the rehab of his surgically repaired foot to only partial weight bearing activities. Williamson is continuing his rehabilitation in Portland instead of New Orleans, but remains under supervision of the team.

Williamson has not played this season after suffering a fracture in his right foot that required surgery over the summer.

“Since we notified everyone on December 16 of his latest imaging, it was decided then by our medical team to dial his rehab back to only partial weight bearing activities. He continues along that path,” stated Executive Vice President of Basketball Operations David Griffin. “We also agreed that in order to put Zion in the best position to succeed, he will rehab away from the team at this time so he can focus on the task at hand.”

“As you can imagine, this has been a very difficult process for me,” said Williamson. “I know there’s work to be done in my recovery before I can safely return to the court, but I will continue to put in the time necessary so I can get back on the floor with my team and represent Pelicans fans and the city of New Orleans at the highest level. Basketball means everything to me, and I am thankful for the Pelicans organization and everyone who has surrounded me with love and support throughout this journey – my family, friends, teammates, coaches, staff, fans, and everybody who has stood behind me and uplifted me when I needed it most.”

smackeddog
1/5/2022  4:18 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/5/2022  4:20 PM
More BS, Lillard’s injury can only heal with rest, instead he played the olympics over summer and had a cortezone injection a few weeks ago so he could return to playing asap- ridiculous.

Damian Lillard will undergo further evaluation and consultation concerning his lower abdominal tendinopathy.

Lillard will miss Portland's next three games against Miami (Jan. 5), Cleveland (Jan. 7) and Sacramento (Jan. 9). He will be reevaluated next week.

In 29 games (all starts) this season, Lillard has averaged 24.0 points (40.2% FG, 32.4% 3-PT, 89.3% FT), 4.1 rebounds and 7.3 assists in 36.4 minutes per game. Among NBA leaders, he ranks 11th in scoring, 10th in assists and 16th in free throw percentage.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/265333/Damian-Lillard-Out-At-Least-Three-Games-For-Further-Testing-On-Abdominal-Injury

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/5/2022  5:01 PM
smackeddog wrote:This is the exact opposite of promising- who’d of thought Zion would likely be out for the season when the Pelicans lied in the preseason that his jones fracture would be fully healed within a few weeks?!

Zion Williamson will dial back the rehab of his surgically repaired foot to only partial weight bearing activities. Williamson is continuing his rehabilitation in Portland instead of New Orleans, but remains under supervision of the team.

Williamson has not played this season after suffering a fracture in his right foot that required surgery over the summer.

“Since we notified everyone on December 16 of his latest imaging, it was decided then by our medical team to dial his rehab back to only partial weight bearing activities. He continues along that path,” stated Executive Vice President of Basketball Operations David Griffin. “We also agreed that in order to put Zion in the best position to succeed, he will rehab away from the team at this time so he can focus on the task at hand.”

“As you can imagine, this has been a very difficult process for me,” said Williamson. “I know there’s work to be done in my recovery before I can safely return to the court, but I will continue to put in the time necessary so I can get back on the floor with my team and represent Pelicans fans and the city of New Orleans at the highest level. Basketball means everything to me, and I am thankful for the Pelicans organization and everyone who has surrounded me with love and support throughout this journey – my family, friends, teammates, coaches, staff, fans, and everybody who has stood behind me and uplifted me when I needed it most.”

somber well crafted statement sounds like some drug rehab. Focus on the task away from the team? WTF is that? This guy have a gumbo issue or fried crawfish? Some Voodoo in his head? He can't rehab with his trainers who are paid?
What is in Portland? Some secret East European cold war blood doping Nike lab were he can go, lose 50 lbs and fuse some bionic foot thing? Reduce weight bearing? Like not walking? That Phat Phuch needs some high end Betty Ford clinic for a Mountain Dew problem?
That statement sounds like he is quite humble and greatful. He get busted with some Twinkie crime against nature?

NYKMentality
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4385

1/5/2022  9:17 PM
What is going on down there in Brooklyn?

Nets with 3 and about to be 4 loses in a row (all with Harden and KD too).

And now losing @ Indiana by 17 points late 3rd Q (98-81 Pacers) ?

And with Kyrie Irving playing too?

😅🤣

Brooklyn = NBA BUST TEAM.

KnickDanger

1/5/2022  9:27 PM
NYKMentality wrote:What is going on down there in Brooklyn?

😅🤣

I wish. I take a good deal of pleasure in any setbacks for the Nets (of my home borough) but they just have too much talent to not be among the top few teams. Notice they have pulled within 7 to end the 3rd :(.

My hope is we beat them in the first round : ).

NYKMentality

1/5/2022  9:53 PM
KnickDanger wrote:

I wish. I take a good deal of pleasure in any setbacks for the Nets (of my home borough) but they just have too much talent to not be among the top few teams. Notice they have pulled within 7 to end the 3rd :(.

My hope is we beat them in the first round : ).

I spoke too soon.

BK now up 4 with only 4:00 left.

I'm born and raised in S. Ozone Park of Queens (FL since HS).

and I honestly don't know how I'd feel if my home borough of Queens ever got a basketball team.

I'll die a loyal NYK fan one day. Could never not root for my Knicks. Could never follow another team. NYK is my 1990s childhood.

Etc.

But it would just be a weird feeling for me if Queens ever had an NBA basketball team.

NYKMentality

1/5/2022  10:06 PM
It's official.

The Indiana Pacers are cooked.

They are done for here in 2021-2022.

Just blew an 18 point 3rd quarter lead and ended up losing by 8 vs. Brooklyn (-26 point turn around).

Indy is now 14-25 overall and 11 games below .500. They are done for. Stick a fork in those Hicks.

And Myles Turner is the definition of mediocre/average @ best.

smackeddog
1/6/2022  3:40 AM

Really disgusting, what's wrong with some people

Nalod
USA
1/6/2022  8:24 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/6/2022  1:51 PM
smackeddog wrote:

The context in which he said it is to be considered. “Pull the trigger” is a long used basketball term.
Its a Twitter “gotcha” moment. Kevin Porter sr played for the “Capital Bullets”. They did not change the name of their team until 1995 to the Wizards!

I hear you and some phrases should be removed. Porter shot the ball and made a basketball decision that hurt the wiz and the Wiz announcer made that call. Do we know the announcer? He a gun advocate? History of violence? Or he just use a basketball phrase?

Lets be real, its a basketball SHOT. The man doing it is THE SHOOTER.

Ok, i have to retract this as I thought his father was the Pro player.
This:

“ Porter was born in Seattle, Washington, to Ayanna and Bryan Kevin Porter Sr.[1] His father played football, basketball, and baseball at Rainier Beach High School in Seattle in the 1990s. Porter Jr.'s father, Bryan Kevin Porter Sr., pleaded guilty to first-degree manslaughter in a shooting death of a 14-year-old girl in 1993. He was sentenced to 4 1/2 years in prison. In July 2004, when Porter was four years old, his father was shot five times and killed while trying to help someone being attacked.[2] As a result, he was raised by his mother, who became his role model.[3] [4]”

I hope in the aftermath of that broadcast he issued an apology. That really was a bad thing to say and i regret my response. I was not aware his father actually shot someone.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/6/2022  8:31 AM
smackeddog wrote:

I think it was an honest mistake. Porters dad's history isn't widely known and he probably thought Bullets Kevin Porter was his real father. I know I did.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
USA
1/6/2022  8:31 AM

😅🤣

Im not talking **** until we have a better record than them. They won the game. They in First place. Even first place teams get losing streaks. Long way to go. First game back with Kyrie and no doubt trying to implement the fist part time player in League history into there game.

If Kyrie can’t play at home they really need to NOT have home court advantage in later series. Losing is not a good thing either.

Don’t count your chickens before they hatch.

gradyandrew
Member: #8959

1/6/2022  11:42 AM
Portland needs to blow it up. Lillard for Simmons and McCollum for KP. It will be a sell high/ buy low for the Blazers. Powell will because better fit along Simmons and they will have some cap space this summer once Covington and Nurkic hit free agency.
BigDaddyG

1/6/2022  12:14 PM
I was wondering who the Knicks were waiving Wayne Seldon for.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
1/6/2022  12:16 PM
I give it a month before Kyrie leaves again for something else.
KnickDanger

1/6/2022  12:22 PM
SergioNYK wrote:I give it a month before Kyrie leaves again for something else.

To do a reality show with Antonio Brown.

martin
USA
1/6/2022  12:47 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
SergioNYK wrote:I give it a month before Kyrie leaves again for something else.

To do a reality show with Antonio Brown.

BigDaddyG

1/6/2022  1:41 PM
Knicks sign Ryan R2D2 to a 10 day.
https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2022/01/ryan-arcidiacono-signs-10-day-contract-with-knicks.html
Two days after his hardship contract with the Knicks was voided by the NBA, Ryan Arcidiacono has signed a regular 10-day deal, the team announced via Twitter.

New York originally reached a 10-day contract with Arcidiacono on Monday under the league’s hardship provision. However, once Mitchell Robinson and Jericho Sims cleared health and safety protocols, the Knicks only had two players remaining in the protocols and already had two hardship players on their roster.

The official 2021-2022 NBA Season…………….

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy