The official 2021-2022 NBA Season…………….
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/12/2021  2:37 PM
Paul pierce HOF speech……..
Seems this guy is just unlikable at every turn. The arrogance does not age well.
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
USA
9/13/2021  12:27 PM
According to Marc Berman of the New York Post, the Knicks considered DeRozan as a potential option.

“Turns out, according to two NBA sources, [Knicks GM Scott] Perry was leaning toward a bolder pursuit, that of San Antonio standout swingman DeMar DeRozan. He made the All-Star Game his last three seasons in Toronto before being traded to the Spurs in 2018. DeRozan, though, would have cost more per season. According to the sources, DeRozan had sincere interest in the Knicks, but instead ended up with a generous deal in Chicago – a three-year, $85 million package. The Knicks inked Fournier for four years, $78 million (with bonuses) while retaining a team option for the final season.”

Im cool with this and the effort. Evan is younger and a better long range threat but Demarr is just 31.
If he was not a good fit, he would have been traded perhaps. Maybe good fodder for a team wanting to replace a Lillard, Beal or a Ben Simmons and win now. Just hypothetical, not saying I want simmons. Not that DeRozen gets you that but you pair him with other asset(s) you on your way.

That Perry/Leon goes after him as he did Gordan Haywood, but does not succeed APPEARS to be we set a price and an invite. If Demarr wanted more money, thats cool. If He thought Bulls a better fit (8mm a year has a way of making things look better) then so be it. Rumor had it that we offered Haywood about 5mm a year less than he got n Charlotte. I dont’ begrudge these guys for taking the money. Our FO set a price for what they thought they wanted to do with things we fans are not privy to.
Again, no telling we have kept either to contracts end. If they don’t get injured and play to the contract they are tradable.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
9/13/2021  1:27 PM
Nalod wrote:Paul pierce HOF speech……..
Seems this guy is just unlikable at every turn. The arrogance does not age well.

What a surprise.

"You are what you continually do" - Shaq quoting Socrates

Nalod
USA
9/13/2021  1:46 PM
jrodmc wrote:
Nalod wrote:Paul pierce HOF speech……..

What a surprise.

"You are what you continually do" - Shaq quoting Socrates

Shaq just gets better with age!
Jordan a baddass always.
Pierce is loud. Eventually you lower the volume.
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

9/14/2021  10:50 PM
Crazy next season is just a month away
Clean
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #743
9/16/2021  3:07 PM
Clean
Member: #743
9/16/2021  3:17 PM
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
9/17/2021  11:47 AM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
9/21/2021  11:45 AM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
9/21/2021  1:48 PM
martin wrote:

Imagine being in a position where you refuse to show up to work for half the year and still gross $16 mil.

I hope Philly calls his bluff...partially because I don't care about the city's success in the slightest, but mostly because he does not have the resume to be pulling this level diva $%!#.

jrodmc
USA
9/21/2021  3:11 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/21/2021  3:13 PM
MaTT4281 wrote:
martin wrote:

Imagine being in a position where you refuse to show up to work for half the year and still gross $16 mil.

I hope Philly calls his bluff...partially because I don't care about the city's success in the slightest, but mostly because he does not have the resume to be pulling this level diva $%!#.

A contract for 5 yrs and $170 million. Dollars. To train and practice, travel and eat 1st class all the way and play basketball. So much for the oppression of the masses. As Spree would say, doesn't he have kids to feed?

Please Ben, land anywhere but here.

Swishfm3
Member: #392
9/21/2021  10:21 PM
I hope Ben Simmons holds out. Would love to see where this goes
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
9/22/2021  11:07 AM
Nalod
USA
9/22/2021  11:32 AM
jrodmc wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:
martin wrote:

A contract for 5 yrs and $170 million. Dollars. To train and practice, travel and eat 1st class all the way and play basketball. So much for the oppression of the masses. As Spree would say, doesn't he have kids to feed?

I'll take him for 50 cents on the dollar. Its a long shot for a knick inclusion so I would not belabor the point. If he can fix some of his game and engage in the Thib mindset good things an happen for him.
We vilify Durant, Harden, etc until they return to form and do what they do on the court. WE paint simmons after his awful playoff and indict that as his career. Kid has talent. At 25 he is more Lamar Odom than what was expected but if Thibs can crack the code, with Randles leadership I'd be ok.
Its not going to happen. He is in the division, is a Klutch, getting neutered by a sucubus Kardashian (the cute one) and likely wants to be outwest.
I can't imagine without a 3rd or 4th team we can make a trade and I don't want to lose RJ. Not that he is "untouchable", but I want to see this playout with him.
Some thing like "Iq, Evan, Burkes, and two 1sts protected". That is a post December trade (FA) and THAT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. That is my parameter of a trade, not a suggestion or a reality. Not even close. Morey can and will do better. Minny, NOLA and SAC are more natural trading partners for him. Not my .50 cents.

jrodmc
USA
9/22/2021  12:29 PM
Nalod wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:
martin wrote:

I'll take him for 50 cents on the dollar. Its a long shot for a knick inclusion so I would not belabor the point. If he can fix some of his game and engage in the Thib mindset good things an happen for him.
We vilify Durant, Harden, etc until they return to form and do what they do on the court. WE paint simmons after his awful playoff and indict that as his career. Kid has talent. At 25 he is more Lamar Odom than what was expected but if Thibs can crack the code, with Randles leadership I'd be ok.
Its not going to happen. He is in the division, is a Klutch, getting neutered by a sucubus Kardashian (the cute one) and likely wants to be outwest.
I can't imagine without a 3rd or 4th team we can make a trade and I don't want to lose RJ. Not that he is "untouchable", but I want to see this playout with him.
Some thing like "Iq, Evan, Burkes, and two 1sts protected". That is a post December trade (FA) and THAT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. That is my parameter of a trade, not a suggestion or a reality. Not even close. Morey can and will do better. Minny, NOLA and SAC are more natural trading partners for him. Not my .50 cents.

If he could fix some of his game, or any part of his game, we wouldn't be posting about "50 cents on the dollar" and dumping multiple 1st round picks. He's walking out of Philly because he won't fix his game, and doesn't even want to listen to anyone telling him about his shortcomings. Thibs is going to crack a code? More like Thibs would end up cracking his own skull banging it against a wall every day. And a chucklehead who's making dozens of more millions than Randle is going to be led by him? Not even close.

Let him go out west. Spend his unique talents/inability to be coached not making the playoffs in SacTown for the next 10 years.

Nalod
USA
9/22/2021  3:38 PM
The development and maturation of the prefrontal cortex occurs primarily during adolescence and is fully accomplished at the age of 25 years. The development of the prefrontal cortex is very important for complex behavioral performance, as this region of the brain helps accomplish executive brain functions.

sometimes a player will have an epiphany at the crossroads of life. This is a very public diss he has gotten. Maybe he sees his legacy different and wants to change the trajectory of his career. Embiid took a far different course when called out.
No doubt you get a sit down with a player and discuss it before a trade. He has to buy into it. If he hands you the thing you want to hear and read the bullshyt between the lines you pass. We got Spreewell for a bargain once upon a time. Sometimes it works, sometimes and often it don't. MSG can crush a mans soul but get the job done and your on top of the world. Don't sweat it, Nalod is not in discussions with Morey.
Am I advocating to do this? Not really. Im explaining an angle if you can get him cheap and some parameters as a fan I'd accept it.

smackeddog
Member: #883
9/22/2021  5:01 PM

Not interested/don’t believe, however, seeing that pic, I didn’t realize how much weight Kyrie has lost until Bill Simmons mentioned it on a podcast a few months ago, while I was watching some old Cavs vs Warriors finals from a few years ago

Swishfm3
Member: #392
9/22/2021  6:29 PM
Anyone want to predict where Simmons ends up and what the trade looks like?

I think he ends up in Portland but not for the package that SAS reported today on First Take (McCollum, Covington and a couple of first rd picks). I think that's a lot for a player whose afraid to shoot and a 60% FT shooter.

Simmons for McCollum straight up.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

9/22/2021  7:57 PM
Swishfm3 wrote:Anyone want to predict where Simmons ends up and what the trade looks like?

I think he ends up in Portland but not for the package that SAS reported today on First Take (McCollum, Covington and a couple of first rd picks). I think that's a lot for a player whose afraid to shoot and a 60% FT shooter.

Simmons for McCollum straight up.

Won't get it done. I think the McCollum Covington deal is just about right. It helps both teams( maybe). Simmons has been in his feelings, but the talent is there. Allows dame to play off the ball more, gives them a proven wing defender and lifts their ceiling. CJ is the perimeter scorer Philly needs and Covington is a good defender.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
9/22/2021  8:37 PM
Less than a week until training camp
This is the Randle.
The official 2021-2022 NBA Season…………….

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy