The official 2021-2022 NBA Season…………….
Author Thread
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
11/10/2021  11:12 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:LeBron = out two months.

Lakers have 0% chance at making the playoffs without LeBron.

Knicks vs. Milwaukee.
Brooklyn @ Orlando.
Cavs vs. Wizards.
Celtics vs. Raptors.
Bulls vs. Mavs.
Charlotte @ Memphis.
Indiana @ Denver.
Miami @ Los Angeles Lakers.

All I care about is an NY win but tonight has a lot of the big guns from the East playing.

I wouldn't say that. I think Westbrook, if he gets it together, and AD are good for the play-in, at the very least.

Agreed. LeQ taking what amounts to a long Thanksgiving/Christmas break isn't exactly a death knell to the "Fakers".

AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/11/2021  9:44 AM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Clean
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #743
11/11/2021  9:59 AM

I really wish we went for Lonzo like I wanted in the offseason. He would have probably costed us Kemba and Burks but he would have been worth it and it was obvious he was on the verge of breaking out. I don't know how the Pelicans GM totally did not see this coming. Lonzo was pretty good last year before he got injured.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/11/2021  11:27 AM
Clean wrote:
I really wish we went for Lonzo like I wanted in the offseason. He would have probably costed us Kemba and Burks but he would have been worth it and it was obvious he was on the verge of breaking out. I don't know how the Pelicans GM totally did not see this coming. Lonzo was pretty good last year before he got injured.

The problem with Lonzo is that he still doesn't create in half court or penetrate. The offense would be looking at many of the same issues.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/11/2021  1:52 PM
1. There was a tamper.
2. 12 games in with hindsight and Bulls doing well when many doubted.
3. Hindsight
4. He wanted out, Pels hard pressed to pay up and make that commitment. Griff sucks?
5. That pass is cool. what happens if Lavine leaves? I don’t want to pay Lavine BTW.
6. I was a good move and I would have taken him over Fournier, but not my call.
smackeddog
Member: #883
11/11/2021  2:10 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/11/2021  2:11 PM
Griffin has come across as such an a**hole and incompetent too these past few years- he reminds me of that terrible Twolves GM who drafted all the pg's to spite his former boss Walsh when he was with us:

As the New Orleans Pelicans remain mired in one of the poorest starts to this NBA season, league-wide speculation has only increased about the job security of executive vice president of basketball operations David Griffin.

The rumblings began following the Pelicans' 0-3 start (currently a league-worst 1-11 after Wednesday’s loss to OKC), coupled with Griffin's public handling of All-Star forward Zion Williamson's prolonged recovery from offseason foot surgery. New Orleans brass certainly hoped Griffin's tenure would finally lead to a playoff berth, despite its tenuous two years building around Williamson.

Word of a heated exchange between the chief executive and Sacramento Kings associate head coach Alvin Gentry has since circled around the league.

Griffin and Gentry first connected during a shared tenure in Phoenix in the Steve Nash era. Later, as the Pelicans head coach from 2015 to 2020, Gentry played an integral role in helping Griffin land New Orleans' head of basketball operations position in 2019, only for the executive to fire Gentry following just one season.

While New Orleans projected optimism about competing for a postseason berth during the Orlando bubble, Gentry and a large portion of Pelicans staffers were already prepared for the coach's ouster, sources said, as Griffin was widely known to covet Ty Lue, who was the head coach in Cleveland when Griffin served as the general manager for LeBron James' 2016 championship team. Griffin would often tell team and other league officials that he'd given Gentry "all the answers to the test, and he still fails," sources confirmed to B/R.

That expression was first reported in a September article from NOLA.com, which served as the catalyst for Griffin and Gentry's exchange in New Orleans, sources told B/R. After the Kings defeated the Pelicans 113-109 on Oct. 29, Griffin approached Gentry in the bowels of Smoothie King Center to offer a warm hello to his former head coach, yet Gentry brushed off his initial efforts as inauthentic.

From there, according to multiple sources with knowledge of the incident, Griffin denied the findings of the NOLA.com article, particularly his "answers to the test" line, and the notion that he played piano for Williamson during the team's bubble stay in Disney World.

Gentry responded with his own choice words, noting how his eventual replacement, Stan Van Gundy, who was also fired after one season in New Orleans, finished just one game better (31-41) than the Pelicans did under Gentry (30-42) the year he was let go. "You must not have given Stan the answers to the test, either," Gentry shouted at Griffin, according to multiple sources, and the two men had to be separated.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2950333-after-ugly-exchange-with-ex-coach-pels-exec-david-griffins-job-is-on-the-brink

Ha, so bad it's comical- so glad we didn't hire this fool (though didn't he turn us down because he said he wouldn't be given full control by Mills or something?). He sounds like he was born to be a pre-Rose Knicks GM

Nalod
USA
11/11/2021  3:15 PM
smackeddog wrote:Griffin has come across as such an a**hole and incompetent too these past few years- he reminds me of that terrible Twolves GM who drafted all the pg's to spite his former boss Walsh when he was with us:

As the New Orleans Pelicans remain mired in one of the poorest starts to this NBA season, league-wide speculation has only increased about the job security of executive vice president of basketball operations David Griffin.

The rumblings began following the Pelicans' 0-3 start (currently a league-worst 1-11 after Wednesday’s loss to OKC), coupled with Griffin's public handling of All-Star forward Zion Williamson's prolonged recovery from offseason foot surgery. New Orleans brass certainly hoped Griffin's tenure would finally lead to a playoff berth, despite its tenuous two years building around Williamson.

Word of a heated exchange between the chief executive and Sacramento Kings associate head coach Alvin Gentry has since circled around the league.

Griffin and Gentry first connected during a shared tenure in Phoenix in the Steve Nash era. Later, as the Pelicans head coach from 2015 to 2020, Gentry played an integral role in helping Griffin land New Orleans' head of basketball operations position in 2019, only for the executive to fire Gentry following just one season.

While New Orleans projected optimism about competing for a postseason berth during the Orlando bubble, Gentry and a large portion of Pelicans staffers were already prepared for the coach's ouster, sources said, as Griffin was widely known to covet Ty Lue, who was the head coach in Cleveland when Griffin served as the general manager for LeBron James' 2016 championship team. Griffin would often tell team and other league officials that he'd given Gentry "all the answers to the test, and he still fails," sources confirmed to B/R.

That expression was first reported in a September article from NOLA.com, which served as the catalyst for Griffin and Gentry's exchange in New Orleans, sources told B/R. After the Kings defeated the Pelicans 113-109 on Oct. 29, Griffin approached Gentry in the bowels of Smoothie King Center to offer a warm hello to his former head coach, yet Gentry brushed off his initial efforts as inauthentic.

From there, according to multiple sources with knowledge of the incident, Griffin denied the findings of the NOLA.com article, particularly his "answers to the test" line, and the notion that he played piano for Williamson during the team's bubble stay in Disney World.

Gentry responded with his own choice words, noting how his eventual replacement, Stan Van Gundy, who was also fired after one season in New Orleans, finished just one game better (31-41) than the Pelicans did under Gentry (30-42) the year he was let go. "You must not have given Stan the answers to the test, either," Gentry shouted at Griffin, according to multiple sources, and the two men had to be separated.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2950333-after-ugly-exchange-with-ex-coach-pels-exec-david-griffins-job-is-on-the-brink

Ha, so bad it's comical- so glad we didn't hire this fool (though didn't he turn us down because he said he wouldn't be given full control by Mills or something?). He sounds like he was born to be a pre-Rose Knicks GM

KAHN!!!!

ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
11/11/2021  11:32 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/11/2021  11:33 PM
Clean wrote:

I never thought we would try to speed things up this year. I was really torn between Lonzo, Graham and Sexton. Now that we are trying to run, not signing Lonzo was downright criminal

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
smackeddog
Member: #883
11/12/2021  4:22 AM
ramtour420 wrote:
Clean wrote:

I never thought we would try to speed things up this year. I was really torn between Lonzo, Graham and Sexton. Now that we are trying to run, not signing Lonzo was downright criminal

Why do people assume Lonzo wanted to come here over the Bulls? For years the smoke was he wanted to go to the Bulls

Nalod
USA
11/12/2021  12:32 PM
I’d love to know what Jordan might have said to Lavar to keep him quiet.
Do we know anyting that Thibs wanted Lonzo? Did Lonzo intimate a desire for New York other than generic statements to create a market for him?
The notion of a tamper indicates that is where he wanted to be and did not entertain any desire to speak with different teams.
We running more with or without him. whole league has upped the pace.
Lets see how we all finish the season.
Clean
11/13/2021  10:20 PM
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

11/14/2021  12:14 PM
Clean wrote:

Guess they need Elf

Philc1

11/14/2021  12:15 PM
ramtour420 wrote:
Clean wrote:

Lavine and Ricky Rubio will both be available next offseason

I also recall the Knicks beating the Bulls at Chicago

martin
USA
11/14/2021  1:34 PM
Wow this guy is special

martin
USA
11/14/2021  1:40 PM
TPercy
Member: #5748

11/14/2021  1:55 PM
martin wrote:

Wow alarming stuff from a lot of teams

The Future is Bright!
Clean
11/14/2021  7:24 PM

Without having to worry about foul baiting people are actually Ding up Harden now.
ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
11/14/2021  11:41 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/14/2021  11:42 PM
Clean wrote:
Without having to worry about foul baiting people are actually Ding up Harden now.

These new changes have be great for the game. I am so glad they have recognized the problem and these measures that they have implemented work wonders for Thibs , theoretically. If we had that last year we would be a lot closer with Atlanta.

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
Philc1

11/15/2021  9:34 AM
There is no way the nba is letting the lakers miss the playoffs.
Philc1

11/15/2021  9:35 AM
Clean wrote:

Lmfao

The official 2021-2022 NBA Season…………….

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy