[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The official 2021-2022 NBA Season…………….
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/6/2021  5:24 PM
LOL, If all that is true why they even bring him in to begin with? All this was out there.
JR smith is dumb as spit regardless of his position.
Im not defnending Sam but I defend his right to his opinion. IF he a Qnon Trump homer well then thats a different story.
BUt im not taking the idiot JR, who got has his own history (Vehicular manslaughter of his best friend settled civil suit)and other charms to set the moral compass.
I also want to know if Sam has evolved and grew. Trump before and after his presidency was one thing and many have walk his crap back and while still rebublican might not be trump supporters.

I dont' see a reaon to take a flyer on him, we have Semantic in the GLeague that kind of does the same thing. He is 21, 6-10 and can shoot the lights out. For all I know he might be a Nazi, but I don't know a thing about his personal beliefs.

That Masai would bring him in with all that Seems illogical to then cut him for all that.

AUTOADVERT
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
11/7/2021  5:11 PM
i hate the nets, but . . .

please win tonite!!!

smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
11/7/2021  5:37 PM
Michael porter Jr's stats are horrific this season and now he's having his back tested after injuring it last game-his contract extension could end up being a disaster
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
11/7/2021  5:45 PM
Marv wrote:i hate the nets, but . . .

please win tonite!!!

. . . and done.

thanks guys

Nalod
USA
11/8/2021  9:45 AM
Lillard lack luster play (for him) makes it tough for teams to give up a lot and then he falls off a bit. A player like that has to be a complete piece to contention. I don’t see this happening with us. Before Simmons went cray cray it made sense for Philly to send him plus other for Dame. Blazers rebuilding decision comes from ownership and if your staff is in disarray how do you set forth that path now until resolved?

Portland has big decisions to make. The back court is elite but they are thin elsewhere.
Gary Trent Jr trade seems more in favor to raptors. The kid is young and stepping up. I thought Mcollum for Simmons last year was a good one to make. Play Simmons at the wing. Hindsight easy.

I don’t see a path for Lillard here without trading RJ. I’d like to see Obi still develop and perhaps create a market for him as trade when he is ready to step in and start. Maybe a two week injury to Randle occurs and he can showcase. hard to say he is ready for prime time. Randle presents a block to his ascension. Could knicks consider trading Randle in this or next season? If Obi is latent James Worthy like (that outside shot!!!!) and adding Dame would make for upgrading two positions. Does Randle out with Dame in unleash RJ more? Thats all a stretch. But thats what I need to happen. A trade with domino effect.

The path to knicks contending is not visible short term. The rise of high pedigree Obi and RJ are in play. Walker and Rose are nice culture guys who can play but limited by who they are at this stage of career. Rose off the bench and what he brings is a godsend. The Jury is out on kemba. Happy to have him but his 2 year contract might be about right. What Raptors did with Trent Jr. are the kind of thing one hopes for. Trade a guy like powell that does not fit in a crowded roster at SF for a younger 2 on the rise. That can move the dial faster than drafting. I see OBI as this kind of asset. But what is our glaring need? A stretch 5 on a team rebuilding that takes OBI and Mitch in return? Valachunas?

smackeddog
11/8/2021  1:25 PM
Boston rumoured to be interested in Simmons- Sixers would want Brown. I want this to happen just to see Bill Simmons reaction
Nalod
USA
11/8/2021  1:37 PM
smackeddog wrote:Boston rumoured to be interested in Simmons- Sixers would want Brown. I want this to happen just to see Bill Simmons reaction

Awesome! Bill Simmons take on Kyrie was awesome this could be better. I like Bill Simmons. He is a celtic/Redox guy but he is fair. Hates the Yanks but so does all the baseball world UNLEss they are Yankee fans.
Knick are irrelevant to him as any other team. Knicks fault really.

Like when he has on Jackie McMullen or Bob Ryan. Good reporters!
Sixers have to pony up more than Simmons for Brown.

smackeddog
11/8/2021  1:39 PM
Nalod wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Boston rumoured to be interested in Simmons- Sixers would want Brown. I want this to happen just to see Bill Simmons reaction

Awesome! Bill Simmons take on Kyrie was awesome this could be better. I like Bill Simmons. He is a celtic/Redox guy but he is fair. Hates the Yanks but so does all the baseball world UNLEss they are Yankee fans.

Me too, Celtics aside, I do enjoy his podcasts for the most part, and I think Jackie McMullen is also great on them

TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

11/8/2021  1:53 PM
Brown for Simmons? Not unbalanced at all.
The Future is Bright!
Clean
Member: #743
11/8/2021  2:49 PM
smackeddog wrote:Michael porter Jr's stats are horrific this season and now he's having his back tested after injuring it last game-his contract extension could end up being a disaster

Sucks to hear that but I am not surprised. 10 out of 10 times I would stay away from young players with that serious of a back injury. It is a ticking time bomb. He might have kept it together just long enough to secure life changing money and then start having issues again.

Nalod
USA
11/8/2021  3:02 PM
MPjr reality. Big deal, but it has caveats:

It’s a completely fair contract to pay a 23-year-old rising star in the league, especially with the scoring opportunities he’ll be gifted next season.

The deal can be worth up to $207 million across five seasons if he makes the designated max criteria: making an All-NBA team. If he isn’t on an All-NBA team, then the number drops to five years, $172 million – still a large contract, but saving the Denver Nuggets $35 million across the life of the deal.

It’s the same contract signed by 2018 draft peers in Luka Doncic, Trae Young, and Shai Gilgeous-Alexander. The first two on that list will almost definitely be All-NBA players in the lifespan of this contract and SGA is likely dependent on health and team success.

Shams Charania and Sam Amick of The Athletic added to the news, reporting that only $12 million of the $39.9 million in year five of the deal is guaranteed. Porter Jr. can make the full amount based on All-Stars, MVPs, DPOYs, All-NBA, and All-Defensive honors.

Assuming he doesn’t reach any of those milestones (the most attainable being an All-Star), the deal falls to a five-year, $145.3 million deal. Still a huge amount but more palatable for team salary reasons.

If cap goes up, its looked differently. Now we understand why he fell to 14th in the draft and knicks did not take him. Its a big ass risk. At its low the deal is almost 30m a year. Ouch.

smackeddog
11/8/2021  4:49 PM
The Philadelphia 76ers are testing the validity of Ben Simmons' pursuit of mental health assistance. The franchise has become increasing irritated by Simmons' lack of clarity on the matter.

Simmons, however, has provided the 76ers with the names of each of his mental health professionals.

While the 76ers have access to Simmons' mental health professionals, they are not permitted to provide further information without his content. The 76ers do not have a mental health doctor on staff with whom Simmons is comfortable.

The 76ers believe they should be given more details on the treatment Simmons has received and a return timeline.

The National Basketball Players Association has supported Simmons throughout this process.

76ers are actually being out of line here- Simmons is entitled to confidentiality around his mental health treatment, and to choose his own therapist (no point in forcing someone to have a therapist they don’t trust/ has a team agenda). Furthermore no therapist could give a timeline nor should they, as then it would be unethical practice (can’t manipulate clients towards someone else’s agenda).

Morey was terrible when it came to the mental health issues of that rookie he drafted on the rockets, and it seems he hasn’t learnt anything since. He seems to assume the player is lying and has no clue about therapies and their ethical obligations and the way they work.

I’ll admit, I’m dubious as to Simmons sincerity, but to be honest I have no idea, regardless, Sixers should be better educated on how treatments and therapies work.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/8/2021  5:03 PM
smackeddog wrote:
The Philadelphia 76ers are testing the validity of Ben Simmons' pursuit of mental health assistance. The franchise has become increasing irritated by Simmons' lack of clarity on the matter.

Simmons, however, has provided the 76ers with the names of each of his mental health professionals.

While the 76ers have access to Simmons' mental health professionals, they are not permitted to provide further information without his content. The 76ers do not have a mental health doctor on staff with whom Simmons is comfortable.

The 76ers believe they should be given more details on the treatment Simmons has received and a return timeline.

The National Basketball Players Association has supported Simmons throughout this process.

76ers are actually being out of line here- Simmons is entitled to confidentiality around his mental health treatment, and to choose his own therapist (no point in forcing someone to have a therapist they don’t trust/ has a team agenda). Furthermore no therapist could give a timeline nor should they, as then it would be unethical practice (can’t manipulate clients towards someone else’s agenda).

Morey was terrible when it came to the mental health issues of that rookie he drafted on the rockets, and it seems he hasn’t learnt anything since. He seems to assume the player is lying and has no clue about therapies and their ethical obligations and the way they work.

I’ll admit, I’m dubious as to Simmons sincerity, but to be honest I have no idea, regardless, Sixers should be better educated on how treatments and therapies work.

I heard on a podcast that Simmons also had some other issues where a family member accused another family of sexual misconduct. On top of everything else that's going on, I don't doubt he does have some mental health issues that need to be sorted out. But this isn't a calf or hamstring injury and he isn't using team doctors. This is a delicate issues and there is clear line that the Sixers shouldn't cross. Now, I should be clear that I have no idea what's really going on behind closed doors and I'm sure both parties aren't being transparent. Also....phuck the Sixers.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG

11/8/2021  5:13 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Me too, Celtics aside, I do enjoy his podcasts for the most part, and I think Jackie McMullen is also great on them

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
TPercy

11/8/2021  6:17 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/8/2021  6:17 PM
I mean I think they Jays will have to part ways at the end of days but a trade for simmons means the celtics will pay
The Future is Bright!
BigDaddyG

11/8/2021  9:34 PM
I need the Nets to lose to the Bulls right now. Nets fans are getting real mouthy of late.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/8/2021  9:38 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:I need the Nets to lose to the Bulls right now. Nets fans are getting real mouthy of late.

all 3 of them?

Durant's mom, Kyrie's mom and Harden's mom. Who else?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BigDaddyG

11/8/2021  10:51 PM
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:I need the Nets to lose to the Bulls right now. Nets fans are getting real mouthy of late.

all 3 of them?

Durant's mom, Kyrie's mom and Harden's mom. Who else?

Sex workers and Instagram models have created a cottage industry off of Harden. That's hundreds of fans right there, all waiting and telling us how things will be different when Harden gets back in shape in February.
BigDaddyG

11/9/2021  12:03 AM
Once a Knick....
TPercy

11/9/2021  1:32 AM
Minny blow another big lead. At some point I think they may have to blow it up and the sooner the better. No one on that team has the mentality to win like that and it seems like Thibs/Butler were right all along despite their mistakes. Would I want KAT or Russell? Most likely not but will be interesting to see where they would end up.
The Future is Bright!
The official 2021-2022 NBA Season…………….

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy