9/1/2021  3:27 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
xavier
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #8938
Croatia
9/2/2021  4:48 AM
knicks1248 wrote:I hate guards who can't shoot (like most teams) and i would have no interest in him (like most teams) which is why he's still a sixer..

The sixers have a problem (Houston) they just lost all of their leverage..

Remember what we got for melo

I really don’t see Simmons as a “guard”. His role on the field is basically a playmaker, but his position is definitely forward. His desperate shooting is absolutely a big problem, but I still believe he can be a great player for a team that would suit him better than this Sixers where he just doesn’t fit in with Embiid at all.

I don’t think the Knicks should trade for him here because that’s definitely very difficult to do at the moment. We have a lot of new players who can’t be traded at the moment. But if Simmons were still at Phila at the time all the new contracts became eligible for trade, I would definitely consider that option.

But as things stand, he doesn’t want to wait for the start of the season there and it looks like he will be traded before that point. The problem is of course that Morey thinks he can get king's ransom for him while the other teams think he is worth much, much less. But I believe something will already be agreed.

Although I have to admit that his attitude is very interesting also. When the Sixers offered him publicly in a potential trade for Harden, he had nothing against leaving, and when that failed, he didn’t complain about staying at Phila. When they cut his minutes in the playoffs, he didn't complain...only to now suddenly realize that he "doesn't want to be there anymore". Interesting.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
9/2/2021  2:39 PM
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
9/3/2021  1:28 PM

shinmen wrote:I agree. This is not professional at all. This is a business. Teams can jettison player's ass anywhere they want when they feel like it but they pay premium for the right to to this. There should be limits to player's empowerment.

Unless said player's ass happens to have an NTC.

gradyandrew wrote:For the love of Red Auerbach,explain this in the context of Doc starting the series with Denny Green on Trae?

Refresher-
Ben Simmons,all defense NBA PG.
Trae Young,the little engine that could, heliocentric PG.
Doc Rivers (Of Mice and Men Lenny voice) Let's try Denny Green on Trae.

Even in Game 1 it was an obvious tank job by Simmons. He stayed glued on the stationary 3 point shooter in the corner ceding the middle to Trae to get around the defense to the rim. Ben followed the game plan. And then Doc lays it on Ben's door? I don't blame Ben for not wanting to be scapegoat for Docs ego.

Or even deal with Embiid missing a 3rd of the season every year without at least some gratitude to the guy who kept them as a top seed.

Good riddance.

Refreshing the Refresh-
Ben Simmons - the only PG in the league history to make 5 3's IN 4 YEARS.
Ben Simmons - the only PG in the league apparently cool with shooting almost less of a % than Chris Dudley from the FT
Ben Simmons - documented chucklehead who has no visible "intestinal fortitude" to work on these two slightly important skill sets.

How about Ben being a scapegoat for his own pathetic psyche? So now he's tanking to show up his coach? Nice.

Red Auerbach? Imagine what the love of Bill Russell would be like to some uncoachable douchebag who "doesn't want to be on the team" anymore.

Good riddance indeed, and please don't let him land here.

martin
USA
9/3/2021  5:04 PM
martin
USA
9/3/2021  5:08 PM
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/3/2021  7:25 PM
Jordan suckerd Nets bad. Aldridge for minimum is a hell of a thing. Okafor on the bench is decent depth.
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

9/3/2021  7:32 PM
If all the ring chasers get pulled hamstrings I won't mind.
Nalod
USA
9/4/2021  12:24 AM
Nets signed Paul MIlsaps also. Aldridge and Griff. Three Allstars.
shinmen
Member: #6029
France
9/4/2021  2:26 AM
In a minimum role, they provide a little bit of value but are more injury prone, have an ego and are less hungry than young players. All in all, they won't win any games without Durant, harden, LeBron and Davis.
smackeddog
Member: #883
9/4/2021  4:12 AM
Is Sekou Doumbouya a bust already?
Nalod
USA
9/4/2021  8:29 AM
shinmen wrote:In a minimum role, they provide a little bit of value but are more injury prone, have an ego and are less hungry than young players. All in all, they won't win any games without Durant, harden, LeBron and Davis.

They are role players who have made their money and chasing a ring. They leave the ego at the door to sign for the minimum and know they are injury prone. The idea is to be in shape by the last 3rd of the season and healthy. They don’t have to pad stats to establlish a pay scale and have walked in with eyes open.
Put Melo in this also. They know what they are signed up for.

Guys like Rondo are a bit different. HE might be great, or a problem given his personality.

shinmen
Member: #6029
France
9/4/2021  11:30 AM
They were alpha dogs and all of them play the 4 or 5. With claxton at the 5 and Durant playing most of the minutes at 4, one or two of them won't see the floor much. IMHO, they would like a ring but not as spectator at the end of the bench.
It could generate tension in the locker room.
gradyandrew
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #8959

9/4/2021  7:26 PM
jrodmc wrote:Refreshing the Refresh-
Ben Simmons - the only PG in the league history to make 5 3's IN 4 YEARS.
Ben Simmons - the only PG in the league apparently cool with shooting almost less of a % than Chris Dudley from the FT
Ben Simmons - documented chucklehead who has no visible "intestinal fortitude" to work on these two slightly important skill sets.

How about Ben being a scapegoat for his own pathetic psyche? So now he's tanking to show up his coach? Nice.

Red Auerbach? Imagine what the love of Bill Russell would be like to some uncoachable douchebag who "doesn't want to be on the team" anymore.

Good riddance indeed, and please don't let him land here.

Ben Simmons is a unique player. I'm not sure he should be penalized for not taking 3s if they are a bad shot for him. He should be getting the ball to the most efficient shots on the floor. Over his career he has had plenty of high scoring games,including a 42 pt outing vs Utah with 12/13 FTs. He's a 3 time All Star so I guess people can live with it.

He's primary value is on defense anyway where he's one of a handful of guys who can switch across 5 positions. He probably should have one DPOY, he's at peak Kawhi level where just dribbling in his vicinity is a dicey outcome for the offense.

LBJ quit on the Cavs before he went to Miami,so there's a precedence for that kind of behavior. He may have loved it in Philly and been excited to finish his career there and then got soured on it once Morey took charge and tried trading him for Harden. Who knows?

The free throw shooting is a big concern. I'm hoping that in his next spot he won't be asked to make clunky lineups of Harris,Horford,and Embiid work or have to deal with cleaning up Seth Curry's sieve like defense. We will see. Sam Quinn had a great article about the rarity of guys like Simmons hitting the market. It's worth a read. Quinn does his homework.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/ben-simmons-deteriorating-relationship-with-76ers-presents-rare-opportunity-to-nbas-smallest-markets/

Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

9/5/2021  11:10 AM
Nalod wrote:Nets signed Paul MIlsaps also. Aldridge and Griff. Three Allstars.

They’re all old tho.

Nalod
USA
9/5/2021  1:29 PM
Philc1 wrote:

They’re all old tho.

No ****. The cap hit is minimal. If they can’t make a go of it they retire. Likely they all don’t finish the season. It’s not like Nets and Lakers are naive to this. Reddick awaits. Y’all like Kemba is not in the same boat? He is 31 which is not old but let’s see where he at before we start circle jerking Knicks a 50 win team.

gradyandrew
Member: #8959

9/5/2021  5:44 PM

Even during Simmons’s infamous postseason meltdown against the Hawks, the Sixers were more than 10 points better per 100 possessions with him on the court than when he was on the bench, per PBP Stats. Clearly, Simmons’s presence gunked up the Sixers’ offense by, um, improving it by more than 13 points per 100 possessions during the series (the Sixers had an offensive rating of 102.2 during their 94 Simmons-less minutes in the series versus a 115.94 offensive rating during the 242 minutes Simmons played).

https://basketball.realgm.com/analysis/264001/If-The-76ers-Lose-Ben-Simmons-They-Become-More-Conventional-With-Fewer-Possibilities

Good article. Whatever his short comings are Ben is a star who makes his team better on both sides of the ball. He knows this and acts accordingly.

Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

9/7/2021  11:34 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/7/2021  11:35 PM
Nalod wrote:
Philc1 wrote:

They’re all old tho.

No ****. The cap hit is minimal. If they can’t make a go of it they retire. Likely they all don’t finish the season. It’s not like Nets and Lakers are naive to this. Reddick awaits. Y’all like Kemba is not in the same boat? He is 31 which is not old but let’s see where he at before we start circle jerking Knicks a 50 win team.

Yeah but half our roster isn’t 33 and older like the nets

And I never said the Knicks are winning 50 games. 43-45 wins is where I have them

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

9/8/2021  8:30 AM
'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
knicks1248
Member: #582
9/8/2021  9:17 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:

This literally comes as no surprise, as the knicks called 30 teams for 2 seasons and were hung up on and laughed at.

ES
The official 2021-2022 NBA Season…………….

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy