10/21/2021  8:35 PM
Looking forward to the movie!
AUTOADVERT
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/22/2021  11:49 AM
Marv wrote:and that my friends is a prime example of the debating skills that separate the elite of this world from you and me

and he tries to tell us he can't spell "intellectual"...

NYKMentality
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4385

10/30/2021  9:57 PM
Did you guys know that Mitchell Robinson has the single season All-Time NBA record for the best FG% ever?

Well. He's back to his regular self.

He once again leads the entire league in FG% here in 2021-2022.

HE'S BAAAAACCCCKKKKK

ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
10/31/2021  12:48 AM
In order for him to unlock his potential he needs to hit free throws to start and then develop ONE move. David Lee is a good example of how to upgrade your game over the summer
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
11/7/2021  7:29 AM
Why is it ever couple of years we read up a report of one of the Knicks players bulking up in the off season like it's a good thing? I can't remember even ONE example where that player can in and played better than before, and usually the opposite.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
11/7/2021  8:00 AM
Panos wrote:Why is it ever couple of years we read up a report of one of the Knicks players bulking up in the off season like it's a good thing? I can't remember even ONE example where that player can in and played better than before, and usually the opposite.

now this man knew how to spend his off-season

knicks1248
Member: #582
11/7/2021  11:18 AM
Panos wrote:Why is it ever couple of years we read up a report of one of the Knicks players bulking up in the off season like it's a good thing? I can't remember even ONE example where that player can in and played better than before, and usually the opposite.

Who said you had to gain weight to be stronger, this isn't football, so I don't get it, speed, skill, foot work and stamina is what matters in the NBA.

It's ok to bulk up a little, but adding 20 to 30 pounds will slow that ass down, and we're talking about a guy who was already struggling to keep up.

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/7/2021  11:23 AM

At some point Mitch had to get bigger. He was getting pushed out. perhaps the consensus of his 6 agents had been suggesting if he wants to get paid he has to bulk up too. He is still flying for his oops but the guys that are leaping a lot get leg issues or land wrong and its a big deal.

Obviously his foot break is not the type that would exasperated by more weight or he and his people are incredibly stupid. Lets assume they know more than we do.

Was our slow start vs Mil his “Fault” and we cry for Norlens to start? Easy for fans to make the call in hindsight, but we are not accountable for the game plan.

I think it all falls into place. Mitch is unrestricted at end of season. Can we extend him anytime between now and then? Not sure how a 4 year 2nd round pick who had a 4 year deal works contract/cap wise.

Time to trade him was last year if that was the plan, but his injuries were untimely for that.
I don’t know how this all pans out. Sometimes you sign free agents, and sometimes you let guys go.
Maybe we building for a mid season trade with some substance.
Like Haliburten and Bagley for Obi and Mitch. Just an example. Haliburton is excess for them as OBI is for us. Mitch is better than Bagley and perhaps we can resign Bagley and get his career restarted with Kenny Payne goodness. Don’t get me wrong, I love Obi and love to seem him star, but there is no clear path to him starting with randle ahead of him. Good for him, good for us. Haliburton is a good fit here off the bench for now.

Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

11/8/2021  12:32 AM
ramtour420 wrote:In order for him to unlock his potential he needs to hit free throws to start and then develop ONE move. David Lee is a good example of how to upgrade your game over the summer

Lee had a jump shot for maybe 1.5 seasons of his career and he was never even close to the defensive presence Mitch is he was a 8 point 10 rebound guy who didn’t rim protect, was an average at best on ball defender and was simply a likable player on some really bad Knick teams

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
11/8/2021  9:15 AM
Philc1 wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:In order for him to unlock his potential he needs to hit free throws to start and then develop ONE move. David Lee is a good example of how to upgrade your game over the summer

Lee had a jump shot for maybe 1.5 seasons of his career and he was never even close to the defensive presence Mitch is he was a 8 point 10 rebound guy who didn’t rim protect, was an average at best on ball defender and was simply a likable player on some really bad Knick teams

Not being a rim protector is a galactic understatement; let's not forget DLee perfected the "use hyperlightspeed mode to remove one's self from posterization" move.

I did like how he made fun of Gallo though.

Nalod
USA
11/8/2021  9:55 AM
DLee was a 6-5 guard Mcdonalds dunk champ heading into college and had a growth spurt. He left and florida ran back to back chips with Billy Donovan and Noah in his place. He was a tweener.
He was a PF and for all his warts was all star here and in San Fran. He was no Dave Cowens and really as center shown how bad we were to put him there. His defense sucked but he had to stay on the court and out of foul trouble.
Philc1

11/8/2021  2:36 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/8/2021  2:37 PM
jrodmc wrote:
Philc1 wrote:

Not being a rim protector is a galactic understatement; let's not forget DLee perfected the "use hyperlightspeed mode to remove one's self from posterization" move.

I did like how he made fun of Gallo though.

It is crazy how popular David Lee was. The guy literally had a pregame Jumbotron movie that got a standing ovation when he returned to the Garden in 2010 with the warriors. You’d a thunk he had won multiple championships here

That’s what happens when the Knicks are flat out God awful during the Isiah years and had one likable guy on the roster

Philc1

11/8/2021  2:39 PM
Nalod wrote:DLee was a 6-5 guard Mcdonalds dunk champ heading into college and had a growth spurt. He left and florida ran back to back chips with Billy Donovan and Noah in his place. He was a tweener.
He was a PF and for all his warts was all star here and in San Fran. He was no Dave Cowens and really as center shown how bad we were to put him there. His defense sucked but he had to stay on the court and out of foul trouble.

Lee couldn’t guard a guy in a wheelchair nor was he ever much of a shooter but those 9 boards a game were sure exciting

Nalod
USA
11/8/2021  2:53 PM
Philc1 wrote:
Nalod wrote:DLee was a 6-5 guard Mcdonalds dunk champ heading into college and had a growth spurt. He left and florida ran back to back chips with Billy Donovan and Noah in his place. He was a tweener.

Lee couldn’t guard a guy in a wheelchair nor was he ever much of a shooter but those 9 boards a game were sure exciting

Peak DLee, did this a few seasons. 2 time allstar with two teams, 20 pts, 11 rebs, 3 assists. The team sucked, he played. His defense at center? Awful. Why play him there? Ask Isiah.

EwingsGlass
Member: #893
USA
7/1/2022  10:44 AM
4 years 60 million sounds perfect for Mitch. Rewarding for Mitch and good value for the Knicks. Thank you FO for bringing back my guy.
This is the Randle.
gradyandrew
Member: #8959

7/1/2022  11:15 AM
EwingsGlass wrote:4 years 60 million sounds perfect for Mitch. Rewarding for Mitch and good value for the Knicks. Thank you FO for bringing back my guy.

Here here! Watching these guys grow up is great! Happy Robinson will be able to provide for his family.

Philc1

7/1/2022  5:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/1/2022  7:57 PM
gradyandrew wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:4 years 60 million sounds perfect for Mitch. Rewarding for Mitch and good value for the Knicks. Thank you FO for bringing back my guy.

Here here! Watching these guys grow up is great! Happy Robinson will be able to provide for his family.

I think he’s the first draft round pick we have resigned or extended in forever. Last one may have been Ewing

Next up RJ

EwingsGlass
Member: #893
USA
7/1/2022  5:57 PM
Philc1 wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:

I think he’s the first first round pick we have resigned or extended in forever. Last one may have been Ewing

Next up RJ

2nd rd pick

This is the Randle.
NYKMentality
Member: #4385

7/1/2022  6:21 PM
NYKMentality wrote:Did you guys know that Mitchell Robinson has the Single Season All-Time NBA record for the best FG% ever?

HE'S BAAAAACCCCKKKKK

Can't wait to see him alongside of a natural/pure PG in Brunson because if Brunson is everything Knicks fans say he is @ PG? Mitchell Robinson will become unstoppable (Perennial All-Star).

Philc1

7/1/2022  7:58 PM
NYKMentality wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:Did you guys know that Mitchell Robinson has the Single Season All-Time NBA record for the best FG% ever?

HE'S BAAAAACCCCKKKKK

Can't wait to see him alongside of a natural/pure PG in Brunson because if Brunson is everything Knicks fans say he is @ PG? Mitchell Robinson will become unstoppable (Perennial All-Star).

Agree. Can’t wait to see the alley oops

Mitchell Robinson found his Man Strength

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy