Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
8/26/2021  9:04 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Marv wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CleaverGreene wrote:
blkexec wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:I hate the comments on this thread. You got a guy that is not saying smack about other players. Working on getting better. Complimenting the coaching staff. Believing he is working hard. Showing a willingness to defend. And appears to want to be here.

And you guys are talking **** about whether his garage is his — whether his lawn mower is in the right place. Honestly. Everyone of you posting that stuff sucks as human beings. You suck. You think of NBA players as marvel comic book heroes. Judging a guy by his lawn mower cause you hate his face. You think he should have a nicer basement.

I f—-ing love Mitch Robinson and what makes him a Knick player. He’s a legit Knick and I would be honored to have him man the 5 for the next 15 years. I don’t care who or what mows a lawn. They got robots for that stuff now. He’s our starting center and the guys is good at what he does. I don’t care how he spends his money. He’s not driving in a Bugatti while mailing it in. Someone he knows or him owns a lawn mower and stores it where he works out at least once on video.

Take it past the videos. He wants you to care. He cares. Why knock him down? Cause you want him to fail? That’s on you, not him.

Getting on a guy for his lawn mower. That’s bush league nonsense.

Come with stats or facts not bull**** landscaping critiques.

Mitch is one of the nicest guys to be around. Very down to earth. Most people that hate on someone, hate themselves. These people will always exist in denial of their actions. There's nothing you or I could do. That's God's work. I just hope mitch continues to grow and mature as a Knick. He has the right vets around him to be successful and in the case of Noel, to be humble.

I've been critical of Mitch's offensive progress, and wonder where his head is at, sometimes, but he seems to be a good person, and we've never heard anything bad between him and teammates.

On the court, even if you want to see certain growth from him, I've never questioned his desire, only his execution on certain aspects of the game.

If he gets his FT shooting into the 56/70% range, and shows any semblance of an effective jump hook and ability to use the glass on a 5ft and less shot that he can't dunk, he will easily command about $20M/yr, assuming he shows he can stay healthy.

His position has become overly specialized in today's game...But adding some new tools to his BB skills tool box helps the team, as well as himself.

3 yr 20 mill with a team option for the 3rd yr,

Your talking about a player that can't even grab 10 boards per game, can't stay healthy, slow-as-a-turtle (as far as growth and pace) and no offensive game.

Players don't get paid base on potential, they get paid for what they have done in previous seasons (particularly the playoffs)

this is a joke, right?

No it's not

Why you think there's a rookie scale, why you think the CBA has all these pay scales for different tenure players.

You don't just see a few flashes from a player and back up the brinks trucks..That's what you wanted to do with frank, and where is he now

you don't see a guy drop 40 in a game then hand him a 100 million dollar contract..

Luka and Trae got max money because they proved that their really fckn good 90% of the time..

Look at the pay scale of a player avg 8 pts,8 rebounds 0 assist, 44% FT shooting, playing less than 50% of the teams games..exactly what he's getting Now

Players don't get paid base on potential, they get paid for what they have done in previous seasons (particularly the playoffs)

tell me about this with regards to some of the heaviest paid players in the game:
Rudy
Simmons
sga
Wall
Harden
Fox
Porzingis
Ingram
Murray
Wiggins
d’angelo russell

AUTOADVERT
CleaverGreene
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #8756

8/26/2021  9:37 PM
Marv wrote:
CleaverGreene wrote:
Marv wrote:
nyvector16 wrote:I guess names like Ben Wallace or Dennis Rodman mean nothing...

(cough) bill russell (cough)

Yeah...but Bill Russell had this baby...

great eye. the offense also ran through him in the weave and he had spectacular “basketball IQ”

but his defense was so game-changing and clutch that he was bound to be known for it

Last 8 yrs he averaged about 5 assists/game.

Only got his FT% above 60% twice, which surprised me, since he took about 6/game for his career.

Sux that they did have stats on blocks for him and Wilt in their prime.

There are three classes of men; lovers of wisdom, lovers of honor, and lovers of gain. (Plato)
ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
8/27/2021  6:22 AM
EwingsGlass wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CleaverGreene wrote:
blkexec wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:I hate the comments on this thread. You got a guy that is not saying smack about other players. Working on getting better. Complimenting the coaching staff. Believing he is working hard. Showing a willingness to defend. And appears to want to be here.

And you guys are talking **** about whether his garage is his — whether his lawn mower is in the right place. Honestly. Everyone of you posting that stuff sucks as human beings. You suck. You think of NBA players as marvel comic book heroes. Judging a guy by his lawn mower cause you hate his face. You think he should have a nicer basement.

I f—-ing love Mitch Robinson and what makes him a Knick player. He’s a legit Knick and I would be honored to have him man the 5 for the next 15 years. I don’t care who or what mows a lawn. They got robots for that stuff now. He’s our starting center and the guys is good at what he does. I don’t care how he spends his money. He’s not driving in a Bugatti while mailing it in. Someone he knows or him owns a lawn mower and stores it where he works out at least once on video.

Take it past the videos. He wants you to care. He cares. Why knock him down? Cause you want him to fail? That’s on you, not him.

Mitch is one of the nicest guys to be around. Very down to earth. Most people that hate on someone, hate themselves. These people will always exist in denial of their actions. There's nothing you or I could do. That's God's work. I just hope mitch continues to grow and mature as a Knick. He has the right vets around him to be successful and in the case of Noel, to be humble.

I've been critical of Mitch's offensive progress, and wonder where his head is at, sometimes, but he seems to be a good person, and we've never heard anything bad between him and teammates.

On the court, even if you want to see certain growth from him, I've never questioned his desire, only his execution on certain aspects of the game.

If he gets his FT shooting into the 56/70% range, and shows any semblance of an effective jump hook and ability to use the glass on a 5ft and less shot that he can't dunk, he will easily command about $20M/yr, assuming he shows he can stay healthy.

His position has become overly specialized in today's game...But adding some new tools to his BB skills tool box helps the team, as well as himself.

Your talking about a player that can't even grab 10 boards per game, can't stay healthy, slow-as-a-turtle (as far as growth and pace) and no offensive game.

You consistently get stuck on the “money” stats which require no intelligence.

https://www.nba.com/stats/players/traditional/?sort=REB&dir=-1&Season=2020-21&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&PerMode=Per100Possessions

Knicks utilize team rebounding. Bigs are called on to box out more than other teams. This result in a sharing of rebounds. It doesn’t matter which individual collects the rebound if they are wearing blue and Orange.

If you look at rebounds per 100, you will notice the Knicks have 4 players in the top 80 for the league - predictably Robinson, Randle, Noel and Taj. Of those 4, Robinson is the best rebounder. I note he has a high finish rate as well, such that he isn’t bouncing the ball off the backboard and catching it again.

You are consistently stuck on points and rebounds per game instead of a players game impact. He could position himself to get more rebounds himself. But instead, he is positioning to get team rebounds. I’m telling you this guy is an advanced stat rock star that needs to keep working on certain fundamentals and further develop his strength.

This tends to get overlooked a lot. Mitch led the league last year in boxing out. And that definitely interferes with his positioning and ability to grab boards himself
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
knicks1248
Member: #582
8/27/2021  9:05 AM
Marv wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Marv wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CleaverGreene wrote:
blkexec wrote:

this is a joke, right?

No it's not

Why you think there's a rookie scale, why you think the CBA has all these pay scales for different tenure players.

You don't just see a few flashes from a player and back up the brinks trucks..That's what you wanted to do with frank, and where is he now

you don't see a guy drop 40 in a game then hand him a 100 million dollar contract..

Luka and Trae got max money because they proved that their really fckn good 90% of the time..

Look at the pay scale of a player avg 8 pts,8 rebounds 0 assist, 44% FT shooting, playing less than 50% of the teams games..exactly what he's getting Now

tell me about this with regards to some of the heaviest paid players in the game:
Rudy
Simmons
sga
Wall
Harden
Fox
Porzingis
Ingram
Murray
Wiggins
d’angelo russell

I'm not sure I even understand your question?

I know most of those guys (if not all)are lottery Picks..Mitch is a 2nd round pick with a Low IQ both off and on the court

In any event this FO has been really good at negotiating team friendly contracts, so I'm definitely not concern about Overpaying Mitch.

ES
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
8/27/2021  11:08 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Marv wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Marv wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CleaverGreene wrote:
blkexec wrote:

this is a joke, right?

No it's not

Rudy
Simmons
sga
Wall
Harden
Fox
Porzingis
Ingram
Murray
Wiggins
d’angelo russell

I know most of those guys (if not all)are lottery Picks..Mitch is a 2nd round pick with a Low IQ both off and on the court

In any event this FO has been really good at negotiating team friendly contracts, so I'm definitely not concern about Overpaying Mitch.

How do you figure Mitch is a low IQ BBall player?
BTW, he's a center, not a playmaker. Is he Jokic? No, there's only one Jokic.

knicks1248
8/27/2021  12:14 PM
Panos wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Marv wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Marv wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CleaverGreene wrote:
blkexec wrote:

this is a joke, right?

No it's not

Rudy
Simmons
sga
Wall
Harden
Fox
Porzingis
Ingram
Murray
Wiggins
d’angelo russell

How do you figure Mitch is a low IQ BBall player?
BTW, he's a center, not a playmaker. Is he Jokic? No, there's only one Jokic.

Lets see, it took him 2 season to stop falling for pump fakes and fouling trying to block every shot.

If a basketball player can't avg at least 2 assist, thats a good indicator is BBALL IQ is super low, especially when that player lives in the paint (doesn't pass to cutters or kick out to shooters) he's just a rim runner.

The Guy turned himself from a 5 star recruit to 2nd round lottery pick by his stupid decisions.

ES
SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
8/27/2021  12:20 PM
If Robinson can reach Tyson Chandler level I'd be very happy!

And what's with this low IQ accusations? He's never gotten in trouble on or off the court. From what I've seen on social media, he's kind of like a homebody who spends time with his daughter and family. You don't really see him much at clubs or bars (not that there is anything wrong with that).
He's just a raw 23 year old kid who's been injury prone. When healthy, he's been very good and getting better.

Not saying we would have beaten Atlanta but if we had a healthy Robinson, it's a much closer series.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

8/27/2021  1:35 PM
SergioNYK wrote:If Robinson can reach Tyson Chandler level I'd be very happy!

And what's with this low IQ accusations? He's never gotten in trouble on or off the court. From what I've seen on social media, he's kind of like a homebody who spends time with his daughter and family. You don't really see him much at clubs or bars (not that there is anything wrong with that).
He's just a raw 23 year old kid who's been injury prone. When healthy, he's been very good and getting better.

Not saying we would have beaten Atlanta but if we had a healthy Robinson, it's a much closer series.

I think he's using maturity and IQ interchangeably. I wouldn't say he's low IQ in the court. He knows his role and doesn't really play out his lane. And, honestly, he played a lot smarter this season. As for off the court issues, it is what it is. He was a kid when he came to the league.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/27/2021  2:30 PM
1248 measures IQ. Thats pure comedy.
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
8/27/2021  2:48 PM
Nalod wrote:1248 measures IQ. Thats pure comedy.

Berman is the only writer that mentioned Robinson having a low on court IQ. Berman is a bit of a negative nellie. Like 1248.

I think people use the concept of basketball IQ with fundamental skills interchangeably. I don't really think they are the same. Though I understand the overlap.

Prior to this past season, there was a strong argument that Robinson lacked certain fundamental skills (falling for ball fakes) resulting in a relatively high rate of personal fouls.

But in context, IQ doesn't generally mean fundamental skills so much as some innate intellectual capacity to understand. A kid that cannot do multivariable regressions yet doesn't have a low IQ, they just lack that skill set prior to training.

I think the confusion here is that he doesn't have a low bb IQ, he lacked the formalized training in certain fundamental skills based on his skipping college and the failures of the the Knicks developmental coaching staff up and until this year. You see the coaching staff re-building him from the legs up and forcing him to play fundamental basketball the correct way.

This is the Randle.
knicks1248
8/27/2021  4:35 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/27/2021  4:37 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:

Berman is the only writer that mentioned Robinson having a low on court IQ. Berman is a bit of a negative nellie. Like 1248.

I think people use the concept of basketball IQ with fundamental skills interchangeably. I don't really think they are the same. Though I understand the overlap.

Prior to this past season, there was a strong argument that Robinson lacked certain fundamental skills (falling for ball fakes) resulting in a relatively high rate of personal fouls.

But in context, IQ doesn't generally mean fundamental skills so much as some innate intellectual capacity to understand. A kid that cannot do multivariable regressions yet doesn't have a low IQ, they just lack that skill set prior to training.

I think the confusion here is that he doesn't have a low bb IQ, he lacked the formalized training in certain fundamental skills based on his skipping college and the failures of the the Knicks developmental coaching staff up and until this year. You see the coaching staff re-building him from the legs up and forcing him to play fundamental basketball the correct way.

If i said he couldn't improve on his IQ, that would be negative. Saying he currently has a low BBQ is not being negative

JR smith has has a low basketball IQ, LBJ has a very High basketball IQ. Having a high IQ means you have been doing your HOMEWORK, studying opposing players habits,Teams habits.

Having a HIGH IQ off the court is all about making the right decisions for yourself and your family, putting yourself in a better position for the future, I think he could have done a much better job at that if he stayed in school.

Your grown man at 23, your not some 17 yr old trying to figure it out, Great players are really good at 20 yrs old.

ES
foosballnick
Member: #3148

8/30/2021  8:58 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:

If i said he couldn't improve on his IQ, that would be negative. Saying he currently has a low BBQ is not being negative

JR smith has has a low basketball IQ, LBJ has a very High basketball IQ. Having a high IQ means you have been doing your HOMEWORK, studying opposing players habits,Teams habits.

Having a HIGH IQ off the court is all about making the right decisions for yourself and your family, putting yourself in a better position for the future, I think he could have done a much better job at that if he stayed in school.

Your grown man at 23, your not some 17 yr old trying to figure it out, Great players are really good at 20 yrs old.

SMH. Honestly this is all just a bunch of blather. Mitch is one of 500 people in a world of 7.5 Billion people who is currently playing in the highest basketball league in the world. Further, he has been able to play at a level to stay in the NBA for 3 years and achieved a level good enough to be an NBA Starting Center (one of 30 in the world). For anyone to think that he doesn't have any type of Basketball acumen nor does not do any homework or put in the time to study opposing players - especially under a coach like Thibs - is really a bunch of Bullsh1t. Everyone develops at their own pace in life and I'm thinking at 23, most of us (Mitch included) are still working towards our potential. By NBA standards, Mitch is not yet among the "Greats". However not all great players are great at 20 years old. For instance, all you have to do is look on the current roster for an example to another starter and see a player who exponentially expanded his game at 26.

As to High IQ off the court, perhaps you can explain what makes you an expert on the matter? What did you do personally to make the right decision at 17, 20 and 23 years old to put yourself in a better position for you and your family in the future? The streets are littered with people who wasted their talents. Yet Mitch is making $1.8 Million at 23. He made decisions at 17 - 19 years old that would effect his future - a future that landed him in the NBA. What you think might have happened on the matter is irrelevant - as he made it to the NBA and is a player who is starting (on a playoff team). If he had stayed/played in college - there is really no way to know what the future would hold for him. Further - he's set himself and his family up for a significant raise going into his next contract (barring any major injury). To date he's not had any off the court issues. It's laughable that you bring up JR Smith as a comparison - a guy who was responsible for his friend's death at 23 years old.

If Thibs is good with the kid - as a fan, so am I.

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
8/30/2021  10:22 AM
^your post is appreciated
knicks1248
8/30/2021  11:28 AM    LAST EDITED: 8/30/2021  11:31 AM
foosballnick wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:

SMH. Honestly this is all just a bunch of blather. Mitch is one of 500 people in a world of 7.5 Billion people who is currently playing in the highest basketball league in the world. Further, he has been able to play at a level to stay in the NBA for 3 years and achieved a level good enough to be an NBA Starting Center (one of 30 in the world). For anyone to think that he doesn't have any type of Basketball acumen nor does not do any homework or put in the time to study opposing players - especially under a coach like Thibs - is really a bunch of Bullsh1t. Everyone develops at their own pace in life and I'm thinking at 23, most of us (Mitch included) are still working towards our potential. By NBA standards, Mitch is not yet among the "Greats". However not all great players are great at 20 years old. For instance, all you have to do is look on the current roster for an example to another starter and see a player who exponentially expanded his game at 26.

As to High IQ off the court, perhaps you can explain what makes you an expert on the matter? What did you do personally to make the right decision at 17, 20 and 23 years old to put yourself in a better position for you and your family in the future? The streets are littered with people who wasted their talents. Yet Mitch is making $1.8 Million at 23. He made decisions at 17 - 19 years old that would effect his future - a future that landed him in the NBA. What you think might have happened on the matter is irrelevant - as he made it to the NBA and is a player who is starting (on a playoff team). If he had stayed/played in college - there is really no way to know what the future would hold for him. Further - he's set himself and his family up for a significant raise going into his next contract (barring any major injury). To date he's not had any off the court issues. It's laughable that you bring up JR Smith as a comparison - a guy who was responsible for his friend's death at 23 years old.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2017/8/2/16083402/mitchell-robinson-western-kentucky-transfer-nba-draft

Maybe if you read this, and think about the 6 agents his already had and fired, you will come to grips with his awful decision making

Quickly is a perfect example, had he not stayed a 2nd yr in college he would have surely been a 2nd round pick and less skill full.

Mitch just went to his dorm room packed up sht and left without telling a single person he was out, just to go practice in an empty gym in dallas.

He reacts without thinking and that sht translated to the court.

I use JR as an example of player who makes BONEHEAD decisions...reacts without thinking

ES
EwingsGlass
USA
8/30/2021  12:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/30/2021  12:15 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
foosballnick wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:

https://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2017/8/2/16083402/mitchell-robinson-western-kentucky-transfer-nba-draft

Maybe if you read this, and think about the 6 agents his already had and fired, you will come to grips with his awful decision making

Quickly is a perfect example, had he not stayed a 2nd yr in college he would have surely been a 2nd round pick and less skill full.

Mitch just went to his dorm room packed up sht and left without telling a single person he was out, just to go practice in an empty gym in dallas.

I use JR as an example of player who makes BONEHEAD decisions...reacts without thinking

You are adding statements to Mitch's decision to leave WKU that weren't in that article.

Article says that WKU's hiring of Robinson's Godfather, Shammond Williams led to Robinson a 5 star recruit and #8 ranked prospect in 2017 committing to WKU. On its face, it sounds like an 18 year old kid being manipulated by family ties to get a coaching job for his godfather. After Shammond Williams gets sacked, Robinson appears to de-enroll and look at other schools. This seems like a moment of frustration from his Godfather getting fired. But, he didn't get good advice because he would need a waiver from NCAA to play that season. So, he tries to re-enroll with WKU. At some point, he leaves college to train with Anthony Davis' trainer. This series of facts is the reason he becomes available to the Knicks in the 2nd round.

Quickley staying in a program like Kentucky is not the same as Robinson staying in a program at Western Kentucky.

Second, firing agents is not a poor reflection on the player. He could fire 6 more and I would not care so long as he re-signs here. I have no documented support for this theory, but my gut is that Rich Paul convinced Robinson he was bringing Anthony Davis to the Knicks. Davis re-signs with the Lakers on December 3, 2020, Robinson fires Paul on December 7, 2020 and says he fired Paul for personal reasons. The timing was interesting for me.

My problem with your analysis 1248 is that you are drawing too much conclusion from too little information with what seems to be a perceived agenda to discredit Robinson. If he has made any mistakes, they have been in the Knicks' favor -- nothing to our detriment. Worst thing he has done that I recall is miss a flight and post and delete a tweet when he was frustrated.

I see nothing but upside in Mitchell Robinson. Might be my favorite player on the Knicks.

This is the Randle.
knicks1248
8/30/2021  12:55 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
foosballnick wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:

You are adding statements to Mitch's decision to leave WKU that weren't in that article.

Article says that WKU's hiring of Robinson's Godfather, Shammond Williams led to Robinson a 5 star recruit and #8 ranked prospect in 2017 committing to WKU. On its face, it sounds like an 18 year old kid being manipulated by family ties to get a coaching job for his godfather. After Shammond Williams gets sacked, Robinson appears to de-enroll and look at other schools. This seems like a moment of frustration from his Godfather getting fired. But, he didn't get good advice because he would need a waiver from NCAA to play that season. So, he tries to re-enroll with WKU. At some point, he leaves college to train with Anthony Davis' trainer. This series of facts is the reason he becomes available to the Knicks in the 2nd round.

Quickley staying in a program like Kentucky is not the same as Robinson staying in a program at Western Kentucky.

Second, firing agents is not a poor reflection on the player. He could fire 6 more and I would not care so long as he re-signs here. I have no documented support for this theory, but my gut is that Rich Paul convinced Robinson he was bringing Anthony Davis to the Knicks. Davis re-signs with the Lakers on December 3, 2020, Robinson fires Paul on December 7, 2020 and says he fired Paul for personal reasons. The timing was interesting for me.

My problem with your analysis 1248 is that you are drawing too much conclusion from too little information with what seems to be a perceived agenda to discredit Robinson. If he has made any mistakes, they have been in the Knicks' favor -- nothing to our detriment. Worst thing he has done that I recall is miss a flight and post and delete a tweet when he was frustrated.

I see nothing but upside in Mitchell Robinson. Might be my favorite player on the Knicks.

Dude I like Mitch, and even want them to resign him on a very cheap short term deal (6 mill 2yrs team option), at least until he proves himself.

The Center position is just not as important as it used to be.

ES
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

8/30/2021  12:58 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
foosballnick wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:

You know... sometimes it's alright to admit that we don't know hahaha We know 1248 is stuck on the idea of a team needing a stretch center to win. He'll pin the JFK assassination on Mitch if it's supports that narrative. No idea why Mitch left his agents. I know one of them was hit with allegations of misrepresenting his client list. Another agent is being sued for giving Robinson gifts and poaching him away from another agent. Perhaps Mitch left Paul after hearing from Noel about his experiences? 🤷

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
EwingsGlass
USA
8/30/2021  12:59 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
foosballnick wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:

Dude I like Mitch, and even want them to resign him on a very cheap short term deal (6 mill 2yrs team option), at least until he proves himself.

You don't think any over the cap team would give him the 9.5MM MLE. Not sure what you are waiting for him to prove. His advanced stats are quite good even though the money stats (Pts Rebounds) don't jump off the page. I'd be delighted to give him 4 years 52mm (13mm per) if he would sign that today.

This is the Randle.
knicks1248
8/30/2021  1:39 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
foosballnick wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:

You don't think any over the cap team would give him the 9.5MM MLE. Not sure what you are waiting for him to prove. His advanced stats are quite good even though the money stats (Pts Rebounds) don't jump off the page. I'd be delighted to give him 4 years 52mm (13mm per) if he would sign that today.

This is how scout's view Mitch going into last season

And I 100% agree
http://insider.espn.com/nba/hollinger/statistics/_/position/c
https://www.persources.com/top-30-nba-centers-2020-2021-preseason-rankings/

I just wonder why knicks fans rate their players 10x higher than the rest of the basketball world

Your willing to give him money base on what you think/hoping he can become

Now, on to the top 20 NBA centers for the 2020-2021 season.
20. Mitchell Robinson – New York Knicks
Mitchell is a decent big man that has continued to improve ever year since he has been in the NBA. He may have a promising future, he’s just not there yet. However, Knicks fans believing Mitchell is a top big man is probably why the Knicks have been irrelevant for years.

Is he a top three player on a championship team? Hell no. He’s a decent big man in very limited minutes.[/quote]
ES
foosballnick
Member: #3148

8/30/2021  1:55 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
foosballnick wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:

Yes - I previously read the article. Don't really care how many agents he hired & fired. Was he manipulated at a young age by the agents? Probably. Did he have a firm family support structure to help ground him on his decisions with regards to agents? Who knows but likely not. Maybe IQ had a better support structure......point is, who cares? Their both in the NBA regardless of where they were drafted.

If you want to compare IQ to Mitch in terms then how about:

- By the age of 21 - Mitch was on an NBA roster with 2 years of experience and had already earned $3M in salary.
- By the age of 21 - IQ had no career earnings and was hoping to get drafted into the NBA

- By the age of 22 - Mitch was an NBA Starter
- By the age of 22 - IQ will likely still be a reserve

- By the age of 24 - Mitch may likely be making at least ~ $10M per year for the Knicks or be an Unrestricted Free Agent on the open market
- By the age of 24 - IQ will be locked into a $4M per year deal and have to wait until he is 26 to become a Restricted Free Agent.

Assuming they both continue to progress at current rates (meaning neither a superstar nor a dud):

- By the age of 26 - Mitch's career earnings project to the range of $36M total
- By the age of 26 - IQ's career earnings will likely be somewhere in the range of $30M

So I'll ask you .....from a career standpoint, who made the better financial decision for themselves and their family. In fact, I would argue that all other things considered equal (i.e. NBA skillset) it may be better for a player financially to be drafted in the 2nd round rather than be a Late First rounder as to not being locked in at rookie scale gives you more flexibility.

Your argument is built on a foundation of the unknown. You can only guess what would have happened to Mitch had he stayed in college for a year or two. How about you build your argument with facts? Perhaps also let go of your obsession of a Stretch 5 when debating as it makes you come across denigrating Mitch. Finally, please stop with the JR comparisons. JR did boneheaded things that hurt and killed people. To even bring that to the table in regards to Mitch is stupidity.

Mitchell Robinson found his Man Strength

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy