[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Mitchell Robinson found his Man Strength
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/25/2021  6:51 AM
Melo like owned his own gym in his co-op in the building he lived in (something like that) and we still got on him!
But, a man who does not look after his lawn equipment? Well, what else does that say about him?
AUTOADVERT
blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
8/25/2021  7:40 AM
EwingsGlass wrote:I hate the comments on this thread. You got a guy that is not saying smack about other players. Working on getting better. Complimenting the coaching staff. Believing he is working hard. Showing a willingness to defend. And appears to want to be here.

And you guys are talking **** about whether his garage is his — whether his lawn mower is in the right place. Honestly. Everyone of you posting that stuff sucks as human beings. You suck. You think of NBA players as marvel comic book heroes. Judging a guy by his lawn mower cause you hate his face. You think he should have a nicer basement.

I f—-ing love Mitch Robinson and what makes him a Knick player. He’s a legit Knick and I would be honored to have him man the 5 for the next 15 years. I don’t care who or what mows a lawn. They got robots for that stuff now. He’s our starting center and the guys is good at what he does. I don’t care how he spends his money. He’s not driving in a Bugatti while mailing it in. Someone he knows or him owns a lawn mower and stores it where he works out at least once on video.

Take it past the videos. He wants you to care. He cares. Why knock him down? Cause you want him to fail? That’s on you, not him.

Getting on a guy for his lawn mower. That’s bush league nonsense.

Come with stats or facts not bull**** landscaping critiques.

Mitch is one of the nicest guys to be around. Very down to earth. Most people that hate on someone, hate themselves. These people will always exist in denial of their actions. There's nothing you or I could do. That's God's work. I just hope mitch continues to grow and mature as a Knick. He has the right vets around him to be successful and in the case of Noel, to be humble.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Nalod
USA
8/25/2021  8:34 AM
“Leave Brittney alone!!!!”
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
8/25/2021  8:43 AM
Marv wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
Marv wrote:i love it when guys catch feelings on this site. that’s what makes us knick fans

In my defense, I did drink half a bottle of whistlepig.

well drink the other half and tell us how you feel about frank

Or Kemba's knees. Or Fournier's D. Then post pictures of the orange and blue Lambo in your garage.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
8/25/2021  9:01 AM
blkexec wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:I hate the comments on this thread. You got a guy that is not saying smack about other players. Working on getting better. Complimenting the coaching staff. Believing he is working hard. Showing a willingness to defend. And appears to want to be here.

And you guys are talking **** about whether his garage is his — whether his lawn mower is in the right place. Honestly. Everyone of you posting that stuff sucks as human beings. You suck. You think of NBA players as marvel comic book heroes. Judging a guy by his lawn mower cause you hate his face. You think he should have a nicer basement.

I f—-ing love Mitch Robinson and what makes him a Knick player. He’s a legit Knick and I would be honored to have him man the 5 for the next 15 years. I don’t care who or what mows a lawn. They got robots for that stuff now. He’s our starting center and the guys is good at what he does. I don’t care how he spends his money. He’s not driving in a Bugatti while mailing it in. Someone he knows or him owns a lawn mower and stores it where he works out at least once on video.

Take it past the videos. He wants you to care. He cares. Why knock him down? Cause you want him to fail? That’s on you, not him.

Mitch is one of the nicest guys to be around. Very down to earth. Most people that hate on someone, hate themselves. These people will always exist in denial of their actions. There's nothing you or I could do. That's God's work. I just hope mitch continues to grow and mature as a Knick. He has the right vets around him to be successful and in the case of Noel, to be humble.

That's what every knick fan wants, but the reality is, people base their opinions on what you have shown them.

Mitch is a role player, he's not Hakeeem, Alonzo, Ewing or Mutombo and he never will be.

I'm not sure what you think his ceiling is, but I would say right around NOEL

ES
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
8/25/2021  8:46 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
blkexec wrote:

That's what every knick fan wants, but the reality is, people base their opinions on what you have shown them.

Mitch is a role player, he's not Hakeeem, Alonzo, Ewing or Mutombo and he never will be.

I have him at Rudy Gobert as his upward defensive comp and DeAndre Jordan as his upward offensive comp. I have him already better than Noel but they are clearly near each other in terms of ability and both in the current top 10 of defensive centers in the league.

This is the Randle.
knicks1248
8/26/2021  8:59 AM
EwingsGlass wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
blkexec wrote:

I have him at Rudy Gobert as his upward defensive comp and DeAndre Jordan as his upward offensive comp. I have him already better than Noel but they are clearly near each other in terms of ability and both in the current top 10 of defensive centers in the league.

The problem I have with this is that Melo got killed for only being able to bring forth the effort on one side of the ball, now you want to praise a guy who is the same way but just defensively.

Rudy and Jordan's defensive effort never earned them a trip to the finals let alone a title.

How many games you think Mitch will play this season? i'm already hearing he won't be ready for tip off, maybe december?

ES
Nalod
USA
8/26/2021  12:05 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
blkexec wrote:

The problem I have with this is that Melo got killed for only being able to bring forth the effort on one side of the ball, now you want to praise a guy who is the same way but just defensively.

Rudy and Jordan's defensive effort never earned them a trip to the finals let alone a title.

How many games you think Mitch will play this season? i'm already hearing he won't be ready for tip off, maybe december?

you took a valid argument and mucked it up.
All I read into it was Rudy and D’andre are mitches ceilings.
once upon a time Flu Tyson was DPOY and has a ring with Dallas.
Those two got to conf finals and the teams were successful.

CleaverGreene
Member: #8756

8/26/2021  12:22 PM
blkexec wrote:

I've been critical of Mitch's offensive progress, and wonder where his head is at, sometimes, but he seems to be a good person, and we've never heard anything bad between him and teammates.

On the court, even if you want to see certain growth from him, I've never questioned his desire, only his execution on certain aspects of the game.

If he gets his FT shooting into the 56/70% range, and shows any semblance of an effective jump hook and ability to use the glass on a 5ft and less shot that he can't dunk, he will easily command about $20M/yr, assuming he shows he can stay healthy.

His position has become overly specialized in today's game...But adding some new tools to his BB skills tool box helps the team, as well as himself.

There are three classes of men; lovers of wisdom, lovers of honor, and lovers of gain. (Plato)
knicks1248
8/26/2021  1:29 PM
CleaverGreene wrote:
blkexec wrote:

I've been critical of Mitch's offensive progress, and wonder where his head is at, sometimes, but he seems to be a good person, and we've never heard anything bad between him and teammates.

On the court, even if you want to see certain growth from him, I've never questioned his desire, only his execution on certain aspects of the game.

If he gets his FT shooting into the 56/70% range, and shows any semblance of an effective jump hook and ability to use the glass on a 5ft and less shot that he can't dunk, he will easily command about $20M/yr, assuming he shows he can stay healthy.

His position has become overly specialized in today's game...But adding some new tools to his BB skills tool box helps the team, as well as himself.

3 yr 20 mill with a team option for the 3rd yr,

Your talking about a player that can't even grab 10 boards per game, can't stay healthy, slow-as-a-turtle (as far as growth and pace) and no offensive game.

Players don't get paid base on potential, they get paid for what they have done in previous seasons (particularly the playoffs)

ES
nyvector16
Member: #130
USA
8/26/2021  1:44 PM
I guess names like Ben Wallace or Dennis Rodman mean nothing...
CleaverGreene

8/26/2021  2:25 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
CleaverGreene wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Your talking about a player that can't even grab 10 boards per game, can't stay healthy, slow-as-a-turtle (as far as growth and pace) and no offensive game.

Players don't get paid base on potential, they get paid for what they have done in previous seasons (particularly the playoffs)

Understood...but I'm basing my idea of what he could command on improvement in a few areas.

Let's face it, though, the position, as I said, has become overspecialized in many ways, and Mitch fits into a certain category of centers who are not complete players.

His per/36 rebounding stats are not terrible, but as you say, his health has always been an issue.

There are three classes of men; lovers of wisdom, lovers of honor, and lovers of gain. (Plato)
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
8/26/2021  2:29 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
CleaverGreene wrote:
blkexec wrote:

this is a joke, right?

Marv
8/26/2021  2:32 PM
nyvector16 wrote:I guess names like Ben Wallace or Dennis Rodman mean nothing...

(cough) bill russell (cough)

Philc1
Member: #8897

8/26/2021  2:55 PM

And we need to trade half the roster for Myles Turner. Don’t forget that

Philc1
Member: #8897

8/26/2021  2:56 PM
nyvector16 wrote:I guess names like Ben Wallace or Dennis Rodman mean nothing...

Add Clint Capela to that list. He has attempted 0.0 3pointers his entire career

knicks1248
8/26/2021  4:48 PM
Marv wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CleaverGreene wrote:
blkexec wrote:

this is a joke, right?

No it's not

Why you think there's a rookie scale, why you think the CBA has all these pay scales for different tenure players.

You don't just see a few flashes from a player and back up the brinks trucks..That's what you wanted to do with frank, and where is he now

you don't see a guy drop 40 in a game then hand him a 100 million dollar contract..

Luka and Trae got max money because they proved that their really fckn good 90% of the time..

Look at the pay scale of a player avg 8 pts,8 rebounds 0 assist, 44% FT shooting, playing less than 50% of the teams games..exactly what he's getting Now

ES
CleaverGreene

8/26/2021  4:50 PM
Marv wrote:

Yeah...but Bill Russell had this baby...

EwingsGlass
Member: #893
USA
8/26/2021  8:16 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
CleaverGreene wrote:
blkexec wrote:

You consistently get stuck on the “money” stats which require no intelligence.

https://www.nba.com/stats/players/traditional/?sort=REB&dir=-1&Season=2020-21&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&PerMode=Per100Possessions

Knicks utilize team rebounding. Bigs are called on to box out more than other teams. This result in a sharing of rebounds. It doesn’t matter which individual collects the rebound if they are wearing blue and Orange.

If you look at rebounds per 100, you will notice the Knicks have 4 players in the top 80 for the league - predictably Robinson, Randle, Noel and Taj. Of those 4, Robinson is the best rebounder. I note he has a high finish rate as well, such that he isn’t bouncing the ball off the backboard and catching it again.

You are consistently stuck on points and rebounds per game instead of a players game impact. He could position himself to get more rebounds himself. But instead, he is positioning to get team rebounds. I’m telling you this guy is an advanced stat rock star that needs to keep working on certain fundamentals and further develop his strength.

This is the Randle.
Marv
8/26/2021  8:18 PM
CleaverGreene wrote:
Marv wrote:

Yeah...but Bill Russell had this baby...

great eye. the offense also ran through him in the weave and he had spectacular “basketball IQ”

but his defense was so game-changing and clutch that he was bound to be known for it

Mitchell Robinson found his Man Strength

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy