[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Mitchell Robinson found his Man Strength
Author Thread
gradyandrew
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #8959

8/17/2021  12:32 AM
For those talking about Mitchell's offseason- go back and read the April Fool's Gold article. Mitchell has been getting bad advice from his agent(s) most of his career. They aren't really even basketball people. Fact is,this might be the first offseason where he's going to improve. Knicks finally have a stable front office and coach who can tell Mitchell exactly what he needs to do to land a 50 million contract.

The comment about setting better screens was spot on- way more important for him to work on that.

AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Member: #582
8/17/2021  12:31 PM
gradyandrew wrote:For those talking about Mitchell's offseason- go back and read the April Fool's Gold article. Mitchell has been getting bad advice from his agent(s) most of his career. They aren't really even basketball people. Fact is,this might be the first offseason where he's going to improve. Knicks finally have a stable front office and coach who can tell Mitchell exactly what he needs to do to land a 50 million contract.

The comment about setting better screens was spot on- way more important for him to work on that.

How are you going to improve footwork or practice jumpers with him rehabbing a broken foot for the last 7 1/2 months. The only thing he was able to do was lift weights and working on his cardio.

I'm really curious to know why you think he would improve drastically after 2 season of not improving much at all..

ES
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
8/18/2021  12:51 PM
Man someone help a bro out and get this guy a real gym with trainer

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
CleaverGreene
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #8756

8/18/2021  1:21 PM
martin wrote:Man someone help a bro out and get this guy a real gym with trainer

Gosh...I don't know, the lawn equipment in the background is a nice touch.

Also, I've never trained as a boxer, but that guy in the background dropping his right shoulder and both hands while winding up a right handed punch, sure seems vulnerable to a counterattack.

There are three classes of men; lovers of wisdom, lovers of honor, and lovers of gain. (Plato)
gradyandrew
Member: #8959

8/18/2021  1:54 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:For those talking about Mitchell's offseason- go back and read the April Fool's Gold article. Mitchell has been getting bad advice from his agent(s) most of his career. They aren't really even basketball people. Fact is,this might be the first offseason where he's going to improve. Knicks finally have a stable front office and coach who can tell Mitchell exactly what he needs to do to land a 50 million contract.

How are you going to improve footwork or practice jumpers with him rehabbing a broken foot for the last 7 1/2 months. The only thing he was able to do was lift weights and working on his cardio.

I'm really curious to know why you think he would improve drastically after 2 season of not improving much at all..

EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
8/18/2021  2:17 PM
gradyandrew wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

The way he is used on the team has clearly changed from 19/20 to 20/21. His usage rate has dropped. Many of his "money stats" are lower.

If you take Centers playing at least 25 minutes a night, he is the third best defensive rating in the league behind Gobert and Embiid.

https://www.nba.com/stats/players/advanced/?sort=DEF_RATING&dir=-1&Season=2020-21&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&PlayerPosition=C&CF=MIN*GE*25

Combine that with the fact that his Fouls per 36 dropped from 5.7 to 3.6 over the last three years and I think he is getting better. He is staying on the court longer. Playing the correct way. Some of his other stats decline slightly as he stays home on fakes.

Apply the same filters (Centers playing 25 minutes or more) to Box Outs and you see he has the most box outs per game in the league at 5.0.

https://www.nba.com/stats/players/box-outs/?CF=MIN*GE*25&Season=2020-21&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&PlayerPosition=C&sort=BOX_OUTS&dir=1

For a defensive Center, he is among the best. And despite the money stats, he is getting better.

I'd lock him up at 4 years 52mm if he would sign it. I think that contract earns out easily.

This is the Randle.
martin
USA
8/18/2021  2:20 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

The way he is used on the team has clearly changed from 19/20 to 20/21. His usage rate has dropped. Many of his "money stats" are lower.

If you take Centers playing at least 25 minutes a night, he is the third best defensive rating in the league behind Gobert and Embiid.

https://www.nba.com/stats/players/advanced/?sort=DEF_RATING&dir=-1&Season=2020-21&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&PlayerPosition=C&CF=MIN*GE*25

Combine that with the fact that his Fouls per 36 dropped from 5.7 to 3.6 over the last three years and I think he is getting better. He is staying on the court longer. Playing the correct way. Some of his other stats decline slightly as he stays home on fakes.

Apply the same filters (Centers playing 25 minutes or more) to Box Outs and you see he has the most box outs per game in the league at 5.0.

https://www.nba.com/stats/players/box-outs/?CF=MIN*GE*25&Season=2020-21&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&PlayerPosition=C&sort=BOX_OUTS&dir=1

For a defensive Center, he is among the best. And despite the money stats, he is getting better.

I'd lock him up at 4 years 52mm if he would sign it. I think that contract earns out easily.

Excellent stuff, thanks

knicks1248
8/18/2021  3:50 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

For a defensive Center, he is among the best. And despite the money stats he is getting better.

My debate was never about Mitch's defense. A defense center is not end-all-be-all anymore like it was yrs ago. We struggled to Score and was the slowest team in the NBA prior to micht going down.

look at the stats with and without Mitch
https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/knicks-defensive-rating-with-and-without-mitchell-robinson-2021

We were up in up in almost every offensive category, especially the most important one "WINS".

He wasn't missed that much on defense either..Which makes him very easy to replace. He's not worth more than 6 mill per as a backup because you now have take into consideration he's injury prone.

ES
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

8/18/2021  4:10 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/18/2021  4:16 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

For a defensive Center, he is among the best. And despite the money stats he is getting better.

My debate was never about Mitch's defense. A defense center is not end-all-be-all anymore like it was yrs ago. We struggled to Score and was the slowest team in the NBA prior to micht going down.

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/knicks-defensive-rating-with-and-without-mitchell-robinson-2021

We were up in up in almost every offensive category, especially the most important one "WINS".

He wasn't missed that much on defense either..Which makes him very easy to replace. He's not worth more than 6 mill per as a backup because you now have take into consideration he's injury prone.

🤔 I wonder what caused that? It's almost like they traded for a former MVP around that time or something.
https://dailyknicks.com/2021/04/26/knicks-win-percentage-derrick-rose/

Let’s just start with the simplest, yet perhaps, the most significant stat. The Knicks are 18-7 when Derrick Rose plays. That’s a 72.0% win percentage. That would be 2nd best in the NBA.

I know, it’s not a full season sample size. I do not think the Knicks are the 2nd best team in the NBA. It’s still 25 games, which is over a 3rd of the 2021 season – It’s neither a large nor small sample size. It’s certainly an indicator of important Derrick Rose has been for this team.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
USA
8/18/2021  5:02 PM
THREAD

martin
USA
8/18/2021  8:11 PM
The man says it himself

EwingsGlass
USA
8/18/2021  9:25 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

The Statmuse link you use for Knicks defense literally says they are better with Mitch. 108 is better than 109 on defense rating.

In terms of offense with/without, neither Mitch nor Noel had any impact on the increase in 3 point shooting percentage.

Recall the team improved their 3 point shooting through hard work and computer analytics based on the $100k system the Knicks installed at the training facility (on all 6 courts) to improve the Knicks shooting.

Rebounds and blocks are up with him on the court. FT% is probably partially his fault. But that's just the difference between him and Noel. Just because we have a solid backup in Noel doesn't mean Mitch isn't good.

This is the Randle.
Clean
Member: #743
8/18/2021  9:59 PM
martin wrote:The man says it himself

Whenever they talk about how injuries hurt playoff teams everyone on sports talk shows says except the Knicks and Bucks. It seem like Mitch was out for so much of the season everyone forgot he was even our starting center. Noel also sprained his ankle during the first game and Rose bumped knees in the 3rd or 4th game and was never the same after. We got a surprise for Trae when we play on Christmas. Mitch and McBride going to make things very tough for him.

martin
USA
8/18/2021  10:30 PM
Amen

Clean wrote:

Whenever they talk about how injuries hurt playoff teams everyone on sports talk shows says except the Knicks and Bucks. It seem like Mitch was out for so much of the season everyone forgot he was even our starting center. Noel also sprained his ankle during the first game and Rose bumped knees in the 3rd or 4th game and was never the same after. We got a surprise for Trae when we play on Christmas. Mitch and McBride going to make things very tough for him.

CanItGetAnyWorse
Member: #8906

8/19/2021  8:17 AM
Clean wrote:

Well said, I just said as much in the "line Up" thread. We are going to be leaps and bounds better this season.

Please Thibs, expand the rotation and have a Merry Christmas.

knicks1248
8/19/2021  9:02 AM
EwingsGlass wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

The Statmuse link you use for Knicks defense literally says they are better with Mitch. 108 is better than 109 on defense rating.

In terms of offense with/without, neither Mitch nor Noel had any impact on the increase in 3 point shooting percentage.

Recall the team improved their 3 point shooting through hard work and computer analytics based on the $100k system the Knicks installed at the training facility (on all 6 courts) to improve the Knicks shooting.

Rebounds and blocks are up with him on the court. FT% is probably partially his fault. But that's just the difference between him and Noel. Just because we have a solid backup in Noel doesn't mean Mitch isn't good.

IMO he's just ok, lets see how he comes into training camp..

Avg 8 rebounds as a defense starting center is nothing to write home about, he also avg less than 1 assist which is completely unacceptable for any player in the NBA.

ES
LivingLegend
Member: #1645

8/19/2021  11:16 AM
Sad part is Mitch thinks his lawn-mower garage workout is impressive to people.

Most of league probably falls on floor watching that.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

8/19/2021  2:28 PM
LivingLegend wrote:Sad part is Mitch thinks his lawn-mower garage workout is impressive to people.

I remember him posting a short vid of just him mowing the lawn. What can I say, many people consider it a top priority. As for the gym, I'd prefer that he work out in his garage than risk getting out in Covid protocol. He can pretty much purchase anything he needs. He can go to Purchase for the other stuff.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
EwingsGlass
USA
8/19/2021  2:47 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:Sad part is Mitch thinks his lawn-mower garage workout is impressive to people.

I remember him posting a short vid of just him mowing the lawn. What can I say, many people consider it a top priority. As for the gym, I'd prefer that he work out in his garage than risk getting out in Covid protocol. He can pretty much purchase anything he needs. He can go to Purchase for the other stuff.

A video of him cleaning the glass would be more appropriate.

This is the Randle.
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
8/20/2021  2:58 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/23/2021  8:34 AM
EwingsGlass wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

A video of him cleaning the glass would be more appropriate.

Or howsabout 5000 free throws in a row in an empty gym with fake crowd noise blaring? Anything besides another summer of watching meaningless threes with no one on him.
Thibs will most likely kill anyone who kicks the ball out to Mitch at the 3 pt line.

You would think a pro ball player could afford to stock one wing of his house with workout equipment alone, instead of doing free commercials for Craftsman weedwackers in his funky garage...

Mitchell Robinson found his Man Strength

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy