USA
9/20/2021  1:03 PM
If your not a hater, your a lover.
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

9/20/2021  5:00 PM

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/20/2021  6:20 PM
There was promise, just not enough. Hope the kid does well.
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

9/21/2021  10:01 AM
KnickDanger wrote:A Frank hater is someone who determined he was a bust from the moment Phil Jackson, the true target of their animosity, chose him at #8 as a supposed “triangle pick.” Worse perhaps was that they wanted Dennis Smith Jr. at that slot (although over time they would claim it was Donovan Mitchell). If you said he’s just 18, 19, give him a freaking chance then you were now a “Frank Lover.” Their disdain and seeming desire for Frank to fail always seemed bizarre to me, but also transparent, as it is even now.

So Frank haters, let it go. You won. Enjoy the feeling.

A Frank Lover is someone who determined he was a star from the moment Phil Jackson, the true target of their infactuation, chose him at #8 as a “triangle pick.” Worse perhaps was that they wished the worst on guys like Dennis Smith Jr. Who some wanted at that slot (although over time they would claim Donovan Mitchell was never a possibility). If you said he’s just 18, 19, give him a freaking chance, look at how great he played that one time for 5 minutes, he should start over everyone despite lack of production, and booed anyone that played ahead of him, then you were now a “Frank Lover.” Their disdain and seeming false desire for Frank to start seemed bizarre to me, but also transparent, as it is even now. As is their feeling that despite not getting any real offers from any NBA team we should have kept him for $7m?

So Frank lovers, let it go. You lost. Hope the kid makes the Mavs roster and turns it around. But facts are facts. He was a mistake at the 8 and Uncle Phil blew it with his Triangle delirium..

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
9/21/2021  11:30 AM
Hopes and dreams and promises and youth and long arms. At least that was consistent. Along with the injuries.

Now if there was just some way to get Mav's camp live streams...

KnickDanger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7578

9/21/2021  11:40 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/21/2021  11:43 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:A Frank hater is someone who determined he was a bust from the moment Phil Jackson, the true target of their animosity, chose him at #8 as a supposed “triangle pick.” Worse perhaps was that they wanted Dennis Smith Jr. at that slot (although over time they would claim it was Donovan Mitchell). If you said he’s just 18, 19, give him a freaking chance then you were now a “Frank Lover.” Their disdain and seeming desire for Frank to fail always seemed bizarre to me, but also transparent, as it is even now.

A Frank Lover is someone who determined he was a star from the moment Phil Jackson, the true target of their infactuation, chose him at #8 as a “triangle pick.” Worse perhaps was that they wished the worst on guys like Dennis Smith Jr. Who some wanted at that slot (although over time they would claim Donovan Mitchell was never a possibility). If you said he’s just 18, 19, give him a freaking chance, look at how great he played that one time for 5 minutes, he should start over everyone despite lack of production, and booed anyone that played ahead of him, then you were now a “Frank Lover.” Their disdain and seeming false desire for Frank to start seemed bizarre to me, but also transparent, as it is even now. As is their feeling that despite not getting any real offers from any NBA team we should have kept him for $7m?

So Frank lovers, let it go. You lost. Hope the kid makes the Mavs roster and turns it around. But facts are facts. He was a mistake at the 8 and Uncle Phil blew it with his Triangle delirium..

I choose to take your schoolyard mimicry of my post ("No, you are INFACTUATED with Phil Jackson!") as a bizarro world salute. But as a last point (I swear) I'll just say that if I am a "Frank Lover," then before that I was an Ewing Lover, a Charlie Ward Lover, a John Wallace Lover, a Channing Frye Lover, an Obi Lover (and so on) and now a Grimes Lover. See, I call that being a Knicks fan. Not in denial of their abilities or inabilities, production or lack thereof. Just hoping and rooting for their success. The idea of envisioning and predicting their failure, hell seemingly wanting it, appears - yes - bizarre to me.

But to each his own, mate.

MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
9/21/2021  1:13 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

Can't wait for the Coming Home video!

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
9/21/2021  1:28 PM
MaTT4281 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

What, where he goes back to France?

MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
9/21/2021  1:42 PM
jrodmc wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

What, where he goes back to France?

Vive le prince!

JesseDark
Member: #467
9/21/2021  3:36 PM
He has a future in producing videos.
Bring back dee-fense
knicks1248
Member: #582
9/21/2021  4:55 PM
MaTT4281 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Is there a French version of that song?

ES
Swishfm3
Member: #392
9/21/2021  10:08 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

That was possibly the shortest highlight video ever.

HofstraBBall

9/22/2021  7:50 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/22/2021  9:08 AM
KnickDanger wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

I choose to take your schoolyard mimicry of my post ("No, you are INFACTUATED with Phil Jackson!") as a bizarro world salute. But as a last point (I swear) I'll just say that if I am a "Frank Lover," then before that I was an Ewing Lover, a Charlie Ward Lover, a John Wallace Lover, a Channing Frye Lover, an Obi Lover (and so on) and now a Grimes Lover. See, I call that being a Knicks fan. Not in denial of their abilities or inabilities, production or lack thereof. Just hoping and rooting for their success. The idea of envisioning and predicting their failure, hell seemingly wanting it, appears - yes - bizarre to me.

Schoolyard? You do know this is a fan forum? Or did I stumble into an interoffice corporate thread? High brow Religious/Political discussion? Funny that you're accusing me of schoolyard antics yet you post an assumptive summary that ignores all facts and history. Pretty schoolyard. As for infatuated, I am open to discuss Phil's great accomplishments on the Knicks.

But this highlights another common characteristic of "Frank Lovers". When others remind them of the facts/stats that point their boy did NOTHING since being drafted, they draw the "You must not be a Knick fan" card. Everyone on here is a Knick fan. Many have season tickets(including me), NBA league pass to watch every game or have been fans for a long time. There is NO ONE on here that wanted Frank to fail. NO ONE on here that did not cheer his every made basket or his good games. Do not know if you understand that being a Knick fan is putting the team first not ONE player that some falsely prop up for personal reasons. A true Knick fan is also someone that does not sulk just because his favorite player did not play. Especially when the Knicks got the win. A true Knick fan does not boo players just because they are taking their favored player's minutes. I find it funny that we had one of the best years in over 7 seasons but the only thing Frank lovers cared about was if their mediocre underperforming hopeful played in the game. For some reason, those were just Frank fans. Just check the game threads. For the record, those of us that thought he was a mistake at the 8 felt he should have been signed to a min deal due to his slight improvement and age.

Btw. It is a sin to Mention greats like Ewing in the same breath as Frank, Obi, Frye. You should know that as a Knick fan. It is also funny how we now have TWO Frank threads despite him not being a Knick. lmao

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Nalod
USA
9/22/2021  7:54 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/22/2021  8:26 AM
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/knicks-film-school/id1439034317?i=1000535963226

Podcast all Frank discussion.

1248, who proclaimed and deleted a post that Frank would not play in the NBA this season with ignorant certainty does in fact have a one year guarantee on his contract for 3.8mm for the Mav’s. Ineresting that they have changed coaches and Donnie Nelson are both gone but the interest by Mavs remained.

The KFS podcast really does not bring anying that we have not discussed before. Its really a matter of arguing “blame” amung us. They do the same thing. Did he get screwed over by the guy drafting him leaving the next week? Yeah. 4 coach’s in 4 yeas. Yeah. 3 presidents in 4 years. Yeah. Did he sieze opportunity? Not really. Did he get injured at key moments when he was playing well? Yeah. Lovers hoped, Haters proclaimed they know the future.

Macri brings up a good point about Kevin kNox. We give him room to grow then change our minds. He still has had ample opportunity. He has another year and thus far he is on the roster. What does that mean? It means we have a storyline to follow. Its easy to say “He won’t do much”. A guy on the end of the bench season before is not a high probable turnaround story. But if he does, knicks are better.

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
9/22/2021  8:37 AM
JesseDark wrote:He has a future in producing videos.

Frank may be the greatest Knick of all time at producing summer videos.

Trust the Process
Nalod
USA
9/22/2021  8:52 AM
TheGame wrote:

I prefer Mitch and his catch and shoot over midgets at the YMCA myself.

HofstraBBall

9/22/2021  9:12 AM
Nalod wrote:
TheGame wrote:

Mitch has always played well when given the chance. Think he will be a very good player in this league for many years. He just has to stay healthy. Hope he continues to work on his physical strength. (You see what I did there? Trying to convert this to a Mitch thread. Lol) Although, Frank lovers may accuse me of Frank bashing by doing so.

Nalod
USA
9/22/2021  11:01 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/22/2021  11:04 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Nalod wrote:
TheGame wrote:

Mitch has always played well when given the chance. Think he will be a very good player in this league for many years. He just has to stay healthy. Hope he continues to work on his physical strength. (You see what I did there? Trying to convert this to a Mitch thread. Lol) Although, Frank lovers may accuse me of Frank bashing by doing so.

The senior leadership of Société La Frank Amour are measuring a response and the verity of your accusation. A source "in the room where it happens" says it more likely you'll be accused of accusing the accuser. Where that leads to? Not Mitch, as he at worst has trade value above his draft status, but that of Kevin Knox. Rookie of the month and Fizdales creative "set him loose and play thru it" directive will be first and foremost.
Also, the senior leadership and JROD is grateful the thread has not tilted to "Tyrone Johnson"........https://thesportsrush.com/nba-news-i-wanted-to-be-known-as-tyrone-johnson-not-carmelo-anthony-lakers-star-reveals-hilarious-reason-behind-why-he-wanted-to-change-his-name-during-his-younger-years/

HofstraBBall

9/22/2021  6:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/22/2021  6:19 PM
Nalod wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Nalod wrote:
TheGame wrote:

The senior leadership of Société La Frank Amour are measuring a response and the verity of your accusation. A source "in the room where it happens" says it more likely you'll be accused of accusing the accuser. Where that leads to? Not Mitch, as he at worst has trade value above his draft status, but that of Kevin Knox. Rookie of the month and Fizdales creative "set him loose and play thru it" directive will be first and foremost.
Also, the senior leadership and JROD is grateful the thread has not tilted to "Tyrone Johnson"........https://thesportsrush.com/nba-news-i-wanted-to-be-known-as-tyrone-johnson-not-carmelo-anthony-lakers-star-reveals-hilarious-reason-behind-why-he-wanted-to-change-his-name-during-his-younger-years/

LMAO 😆 Funny stuff.

Swishfm3
Member: #392
9/22/2021  6:20 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/22/2021  6:21 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

Schoolyard? You do know this is a fan forum? Or did I stumble into an interoffice corporate thread? High brow Religious/Political discussion? Funny that you're accusing me of schoolyard antics yet you post an assumptive summary that ignores all facts and history. Pretty schoolyard. As for infatuated, I am open to discuss Phil's great accomplishments on the Knicks.

But this highlights another common characteristic of "Frank Lovers". When others remind them of the facts/stats that point their boy did NOTHING since being drafted, they draw the "You must not be a Knick fan" card. Everyone on here is a Knick fan. Many have season tickets(including me), NBA league pass to watch every game or have been fans for a long time. There is NO ONE on here that wanted Frank to fail. NO ONE on here that did not cheer his every made basket or his good games. Do not know if you understand that being a Knick fan is putting the team first not ONE player that some falsely prop up for personal reasons. A true Knick fan is also someone that does not sulk just because his favorite player did not play. Especially when the Knicks got the win. A true Knick fan does not boo players just because they are taking their favored player's minutes. I find it funny that we had one of the best years in over 7 seasons but the only thing Frank lovers cared about was if their mediocre underperforming hopeful played in the game. For some reason, those were just Frank fans. Just check the game threads. For the record, those of us that thought he was a mistake at the 8 felt he should have been signed to a min deal due to his slight improvement and age.

Btw. It is a sin to Mention greats like Ewing in the same breath as Frank, Obi, Frye. You should know that as a Knick fan. It is also funny how we now have TWO Frank threads despite him not being a Knick. lmao

Frank is Free!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy