[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

new summer league game on Monday versus Pacers - added by the NBA!! 8/9 2pm
Author Thread
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
8/9/2021  10:24 PM
What did people think of Duarte? He hit a couple nice 3's, but IQ put him on the ground with a step back 3.
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/9/2021  10:27 PM
VDesai wrote:What did people think of Duarte? He hit a couple nice 3's, but IQ put him on the ground with a step back 3.

The guys calling the game think he is a “Brogdon” type glue guy.

Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
8/10/2021  8:44 AM
NYKMentality wrote:
technomaster wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:After starting off 0-1 and now 1-1....

Is there any chance we can still qualify for the playoffs or no?

Is there a playoffs?

Yes, sort of. Everyone plays 4 games.
THEN... The two teams with the best records will play a championship game (there's also a list of tie breakers and what not).
Every other team will play some form of seeded 5th "consolation" game.

I think this format is most fair so every single team plays 5 games. Every team gets the burn they need. It seemed silly for the losing team to stop playing games like they did in RJ's rookie year - the bad teams are the ones that need the most real game work!

https://www.nba.com/news/mgm-resorts-nba-summer-league-format-summary
https://www.nba.com/summer-league/2021/vegas/schedule

Does 4-1 you think give us a chance at the Championship game or do you think only 5-0 teams get in?

4-1 could do it. you think the knicks will run the table the rest of the way?

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
8/10/2021  9:54 AM

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
8/10/2021  10:20 AM
Toppin- to me his biggest weakness right now is he needs to be a little bit more deliberate. What I mean is sometimes I think he's moving too fast and a little of control and he just needs to slow down and be a bit more sudden. He has been a bit all over the place when it comes to the speed/pace of the game. I think he could stand to be a little stronger in the upper body too. That said I'm encouraged. His shot looks clean when he's not hesitating or thinking too much. Towards the end of the year he started hitting that 3 and he's showing some ability now. I'd like to see him go back to basket mid range and hit some turnarounds at some point too. He is super athletic in the paint, can follow his own shot and beat bigger defenders with his athleticism/speed.

He is not Amare physically, but I do see aspects of his game that remind of him. He is explosive and can finish with power, but there is finesse and skill to his game too. There's a a lot to like about him. We just have to figure out how and where to get him minutes. Given Randle likes to start on the perimeter I think there's a role for Toppin to play inside.

Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
8/10/2021  9:18 PM
Obi has some nice handles here!
new summer league game on Monday versus Pacers - added by the NBA!! 8/9 2pm

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy