[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Trade that Isiah may consider.....
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
11/4/2004  7:13 AM
What about a trade of Naser, Anderson, and Moochie to Philly for Glen Robinson? They want to get rid of the big dogg in the worst way, and we want to get rid of Anderson and Moochie in the worst way also. Why not do this deal??? The only problem is that TT and Dog never got along when they were team-mates.
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
11/4/2004  7:56 AM
Robinson has an expiring contract. The Sixers aren't going to trade that for Anderson's horrible contract, and Nazr's and Moochie's contracts have two more years to run.
SKY
Member: #687
USA
11/4/2004  8:00 AM
I'd do this just to get an expring contract.

But Robinson's EXPIRING contract is worth $12 mil. Naser's is 5.2 mil, Anderson 7.3 mil, Mooch 3.8 mil, so the #s don't match. Even if it did (say we offer Nazr & Anderson), there's no way Philly would do this trade getting 2 mediocre players with big contracts. They could get something much much better in return down the road before the trade deadline...

diderotn
USA
11/4/2004  8:52 AM
I say this much, we need to trade a couple of folks as soon as possible. Here we are with a back log at the SG and PF positions, something has to give. Naser, Sweetney, JYD, kURT, Vinny, and TT, we need to scale down to just three. Kurt's numbers are looking very good, and our chance at trading him is now. I would say get rid of him before his value deminish. I know that he has helped us greatly, but he can never take us over the top. If we didn't have Sweetney, it would have been nice to keep him, but we have a very solid player in Sweetney that can come in and produce. Trade Kurt and Naser for a solid post player. I don't know, maybe we can try to go for CWebb sometime this season. The Kings are not looking very good at all, and they may consider trading either CWebb or Peja to jumpstart their season. In my opinion, they may consider keeping Peja, because he is much more affordable, and most of all younger. We can trade Kurt, Naser, and someone else. Both are healthier and younger than CWebb. Kurt can play the 4 and 5 and Naser can play the 4 and 5.

Also, if Vince is still on the available status, Isiah may try to trade Timmy and a couple of players to get him. Worst comes worst, Isiah will continue to do what he does best until this team has the pieces necessary to go over the hump. We are missing inside presence, and most of all a killer in our squad. TT could be that killer, but his inability to showup night in and night out is bothersome.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/4/2004  9:07 AM

Kurt had 15 rebounds last nite. He was our anchor inside. Sweets is just not ready for full time duty. He still looks a bit heavy. Quick as a cat for his size.

TT I doubt has little value.

If we get CWeb and he goes down, we lose options. We have great depth now, why blow it. Raps need a name in return for vince.

Last nite a saw a team rebuilding, a work in progress. Im not saying KT should not be moved, but if this team is not 50 plus wins, I say keep developing the rooks and come Feb grab a youthful asset for kurt and not plan on going deep in playoffs.

This team is not a trade away from being elite.

Its a work in progress, and last nite they hung in there the whole time. No blowing big leads, no digging a big hole. Good tight game.
diderotn
USA
11/4/2004  9:13 AM
Isiah is a very smart dude. He knows that Kurt's value will not get any better than what he has done so far. Letting him go right now for a guy like Olowokandi 31 mnts, 4/8, 8 rbs, 1 blk, could be our answer at the five for now. There is no other big man available out there right now, and our best chance could be in the draft. However, until then, we must at least find a 7' with a decent post game.

Posted by Nalod:

Kurt had 15 rebounds last nite. He was our anchor inside. Sweets is just not ready for full time duty. He still looks a bit heavy. Quick as a cat for his size.

If we get CWeb and he goes down, we lose options. We have great depth now, why blow it. Raps need a name in return for vince.

Last nite a saw a team rebuilding, a work in progress. Im not saying KT should not be moved, but if this team is not 50 plus wins, I say keep developing the rooks and come Feb grab a youthful asset for kurt and not plan on going deep in playoffs.

Its a work in progress, and last nite they hung in there the whole time. No blowing big leads, no digging a big hole. Good tight game.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
11/4/2004  10:14 AM
Posted by diderotn:

What about a trade of Naser, Anderson, and Moochie to Philly for Glen Robinson? They want to get rid of the big dogg in the worst way, and we want to get rid of Anderson and Moochie in the worst way also. Why not do this deal??? The only problem is that TT and Dog never got along when they were team-mates.

the only problem is that it's not a deal that Philly would consider.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
11/4/2004  10:14 AM
I'd rather have Mark Madsen instead of Kandi-

And how can you give up the one center we have (Nazr) or a SF?

C Webb looked good, no?
diderotn
USA
11/4/2004  10:33 AM
CWebb is an asset that we must have. Even while he is injured, he has outperformed our front court (Naser, Vinny, Timmy, and Kurt) combined. 35 minutes, 7/22,4-4 ft,9 rb, 4 asts, 2stls. That is a hell of a lot for one man. Dude is not even a 100%. Take a minute to check out our fron-line's stats. With CWebb, our shooters will definitely have greater chances, and we will at least have a post player and excellent passer. He can make everyone elses game better.

Posted by franco12:

I'd rather have Mark Madsen instead of Kandi-

And how can you give up the one center we have (Nazr) or a SF?

C Webb looked good, no?
SKY
Member: #687
USA
11/4/2004  10:47 AM
Posted by Nalod:

I totally agree. Sweet's still got a lot of learning to do. Giving minutes to Sweeteny is one thing (which I support) but our young players gotta learn & grow in a competitive environment. Right now, KT is our only effective big man other than Sweet. He's gotta stay unless we get a healthy (and hopefully young) big man in return. Or we trade him for a high pick later.

NO CWebb, no Carter, please!!!!!! As for Kandi, I doubt Wolves would trade him for KT.
Trade that Isiah may consider.....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy