Author Thread
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/22/2021  1:29 PM
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Philc1 wrote:RJ’s shot has been off so far this year but his defense and rebounding last night was excellent and a big reason why this was even a game

Yeah barrett will be fine. His offense may never be consistent star level but he’s a well balanced player who can lock in on both ends when it matters. My expectation for him is to eventually become a Khris Middleton level player.

Khris Middleton but without the offensive ability? I just don't see how people can project RJ out to be a top line offensive guy with Middleton as his projection.

RJ is hard working. And I hope he finds the magic that he was flowing with last year.

I think RJ is a consistent jumpshot away from being an All-Star.

AUTOADVERT
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

11/22/2021  8:47 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Philc1 wrote:RJ’s shot has been off so far this year but his defense and rebounding last night was excellent and a big reason why this was even a game

Yeah barrett will be fine. His offense may never be consistent star level but he’s a well balanced player who can lock in on both ends when it matters. My expectation for him is to eventually become a Khris Middleton level player.

Khris Middleton but without the offensive ability? I just don't see how people can project RJ out to be a top line offensive guy with Middleton as his projection.

RJ is hard working. And I hope he finds the magic that he was flowing with last year.

I think RJ is a consistent jumpshot away from being an All-Star.

Was really impressed with his D last night. If he can find his shot again like he did last year no reason he can’t be one of the league’s best two way players

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
2/8/2024  12:52 PM
I was Curious to see the reactions when he was brought in.
Pity he couldn't contribute off the bench the last two years. When he got chances, he looked completely useless. Best of luck in the next stop, Evan.
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
2/8/2024  1:00 PM
It made sense in that Fournier was a better catch and shoot guy than Bullock and should have been able to put it on the floor. With the Duncan Robinson contract that year, the cost was the cost of that type of player. I don't think the Knicks or Thibs or Fournier realized that he couldn't do enough defensively to stay in the rotation. Unfortunately his shooting was knockdown enough to overcome that.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
2/8/2024  1:16 PM
Obviously if we got a do-over, we don't go down this path. But the man came in, set a franchise record on 3s, accepted his demotion with grace, and continued to stay a professional from the bench.

Limited player, good man. Wish him well.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/8/2024  1:19 PM
when you see how this FO has managed mistakes like Fournier, Kemba, Cam, Obi, etc... what you see a pattern of moving on and getting it right the next time. Fournier and Kemba were not good FA signings. Brunson, DD and IHart are looking pretty good so far.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
2/8/2024  1:33 PM
fishmike wrote:when you see how this FO has managed mistakes like Fournier, Kemba, Cam, Obi, etc... what you see a pattern of moving on and getting it right the next time. Fournier and Kemba were not good FA signings. Brunson, DD and IHart are looking pretty good so far.

Agreed. I just pray that Bojan is strong enough defensively not to be the same kind of issue where he rides pine.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/8/2024  2:40 PM
Panos wrote:
fishmike wrote:when you see how this FO has managed mistakes like Fournier, Kemba, Cam, Obi, etc... what you see a pattern of moving on and getting it right the next time. Fournier and Kemba were not good FA signings. Brunson, DD and IHart are looking pretty good so far.

Agreed. I just pray that Bojan is strong enough defensively not to be the same kind of issue where he rides pine.

different role. He's 34 and here to score. He doesnt need to be a lock down guy. Not that Fournier did but for him to be worth playing you need a volume profile of shots and his defense wasnt gonna keep him out there. Maybe on THIS team but not next to RJ/Randle etc... terrible fit.

But again.. they get it right. We big defensive guys and a frontcourt who can own the boards. We need another scorer who can facilitate as well, and he will be both a great bench player and take the pressure off getting Randle back

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
KnickDanger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7578

2/8/2024  2:45 PM
Huge whiff - seems the FO learned their lesson. Some mistakes just happen, but no more softies who do not play D.

As someone else mentioned though he took the situation with as much grace as you could hope for. The millions probably helped.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/8/2024  2:49 PM
Fournier, Kemba and the mistakes of overvaluing the 40 win, 4th seed 2020-21 season.

Biggest mistakes Knicks FO has made, outside of Obi draft.

Recovered quite nicely.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
TheMTL
Member: #9140

2/8/2024  2:51 PM
KnickDanger wrote:Huge whiff - seems the FO learned their lesson. Some mistakes just happen, but no more softies who do not play D.

As someone else mentioned though he took the situation with as much grace as you could hope for. The millions probably helped.

Bojan known for defense or toughness? lol.

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

2/8/2024  2:52 PM
KnickDanger wrote:Huge whiff - seems the FO learned their lesson. Some mistakes just happen, but no more softies who do not play D.

It's like the FO went through a short period where they thought WWW was some kind of basketball savant and then sobered up and learned to listen to Thibs

KnickDanger

2/8/2024  4:07 PM
TheMTL wrote:

Bojan known for defense or toughness? lol.

I'm not very familiar with him - obviously you are - but my impression is his defense is average but he has toughness and can take it to the basket. I was speaking more of the overall team concept and there's more to it than just defensive effort but current team gives that.

KnickDanger

2/8/2024  4:08 PM
Rookie wrote:

It's like the FO went through a short period where they thought WWW was some kind of basketball savant and then sobered up and learned to listen to Thibs

Interesting point.

Knicks sign Fournier

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy