[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks sign Fournier
Author Thread
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

8/3/2021  3:17 PM
Knixkik wrote:
TPercy wrote:Lots of good points were mentioned on this page. Ok I don't feel too bad about it. We had to spend the money anyway and perhaps a guy like Barnes or something was available via trade so we went with this. Would have been much happier if this was a 3 year deal but out of all the bad contracts handed out we didn't do too bad. I just hope he buys in and brings it every night. With his added firepower hopefully we can run staggered lineups more often to maximize Randle/Barrett/Fournier/Rose

It is a 3 year deal. 4th year is non-guaranteed.

I meant to say that with the 3rd one as a team option
The Future is Bright!
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
8/3/2021  3:19 PM
TPercy wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
TPercy wrote:Lots of good points were mentioned on this page. Ok I don't feel too bad about it. We had to spend the money anyway and perhaps a guy like Barnes or something was available via trade so we went with this. Would have been much happier if this was a 3 year deal but out of all the bad contracts handed out we didn't do too bad. I just hope he buys in and brings it every night. With his added firepower hopefully we can run staggered lineups more often to maximize Randle/Barrett/Fournier/Rose

Ok i see. Yeah the shorter the better, i would have liked to see it with Burks, Noel, and Rose too. Oh well.

knicks1248
Member: #582
8/3/2021  3:58 PM
Knixkik wrote:
TPercy wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Ok i see. Yeah the shorter the better, i would have liked to see it with Burks, Noel, and Rose too. Oh well.

Those guys will not be here to finish those contracts if the team does not win, these are standard contracts.

ES
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
8/3/2021  4:46 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
knicks1248
Member: #582
8/3/2021  4:52 PM

Leon and Brock must have hung up the phone..like 85 million, GTFOH

ES
Chandler
Member: #6197

8/3/2021  5:49 PM
martin wrote:

Nice. Everything is coming up Millhouse!

(5)(5)
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

8/3/2021  10:08 PM
Love Fournier as a player. Very good at both ends of the court. Sh1ts on team USA every 2 years for a reason the guy is good
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

8/3/2021  10:09 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

Leon and Brock must have hung up the phone..like 85 million, GTFOH

Prefer Fournier over Derozan. Younger, better

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

11/13/2021  8:46 AM
Anyone here still think Fournier is better than Derozan averaging 25pg 5 Rebounds and 4 Assists in Chicago?
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/13/2021  8:51 AM
You see what bulls paid to trade for him? Thad young and a future 1st rounder.
Bulls are tapped out and blew their picks for a while.
And remember you get to love Derozen after he proves 12 games.
funny how the UK had dudes laughing at Bulls. Knick Fans disrespecting the East before the games were played.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

11/13/2021  8:57 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/13/2021  8:59 AM
Nalod wrote:You see what bulls paid to trade for him? Thad young and a future 1st rounder.
Bulls are tapped out and blew their picks for a while.
And remember you get to love Derozen after he proves 12 games.
funny how the UK had dudes laughing at Bulls. Knick Fans disrespecting the East before the games were played.

Knicks need to keep drafting and developing their own wings so they don't need to pay guys like Fournier 20 million a year. These overpriced mid-level contracts are the worst in the sport besides the undeserved supermax. 13PPG and **** defense is not worth 20 million a year. The minute we signed him I prayed he was going to be good enough to be salary filler for a max player so we didn't have to gut every young player on the roster. Hopefully he can still be that.
The off-season looked solid on the assumption Kemba wasn't washed. The fact that he is hurts this team terribly.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
11/19/2021  8:37 AM
Here is why this signing was horrible:

https://www.si.com/nba/2021/05/03/evan-fournier-longterm-concussion-effects-covid-19

So dude got covid, and we're still working on understanding the long term physical affects.

Maybe Fournier is getting tired? Already- this is horrible:

https://theknickswall.com/evan-fournier-knicks-nothing-short-disappointing-so-far/

According to NBA.com, Fournier’s most productive scoring comes in the first quarter, where he averages 4.9 points on 45.2% shooting. His scoring trends downward with every period.

So basically, you can get one good quarter out of him. Put him on the bench until the fourth quarter! Or give him 1 quarter of play, and that seems to be where things are trending with his time on court.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/19/2021  10:48 AM
franco12 wrote:Here is why this signing was horrible:

https://www.si.com/nba/2021/05/03/evan-fournier-longterm-concussion-effects-covid-19

So dude got covid, and we're still working on understanding the long term physical affects.

Maybe Fournier is getting tired? Already- this is horrible:

https://theknickswall.com/evan-fournier-knicks-nothing-short-disappointing-so-far/

According to NBA.com, Fournier’s most productive scoring comes in the first quarter, where he averages 4.9 points on 45.2% shooting. His scoring trends downward with every period.

So basically, you can get one good quarter out of him. Put him on the bench until the fourth quarter! Or give him 1 quarter of play, and that seems to be where things are trending with his time on court.

Had COVID but also had a killer Olympic run after COVID. He is just off.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
11/19/2021  12:02 PM
Fournier will figure it out. He may end up being a better long term 6th man but he’s going to find his rhythm regardless.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
11/19/2021  1:39 PM
Jmpasq wrote:Anyone here still think Fournier is better than Derozan averaging 25pg 5 Rebounds and 4 Assists in Chicago?

you just scour old threads looking for **** to bitch and moan about?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
11/19/2021  2:14 PM
fishmike wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:Anyone here still think Fournier is better than Derozan averaging 25pg 5 Rebounds and 4 Assists in Chicago?

I dug it up as I wanted to avoid having another thread about Fournier - I was reading that basically dude is good for 8 minutes of basketball. I'm wondering if this is partly covid related, and he is just dealing with the long term, possibly permanent reduction of athletic ability.

I would have pick Fournier over Derozan, but this now looks like a bad choice.

blkexec
Member: #748
11/19/2021  3:02 PM
blkexec wrote:Had to watch a few clips of EF to remember his game. And it's very obvious why we paid him such a large amount. He's a player who's not afraid of the big moments and steps up when competition is high. He also has a rare combination of being a spot up shooter, off the dribble shooter and playmaker...plus he has good vision and makes the right play, without forcing it.

Outside of his defense, he looks like a great player to have that shouldn't impact the growth of the young players we added last year and thus year. I'm warming up to this signing and hopefully playing in and for NY will apply enough pressure for him to step up consistently. Frank and Randle will tell him what NY media and fans demand from their players. But im excited that the rooks who play PG and SG are not stuck behind an all star player like obi is. Next year, his contract will be tradable for a Bradley Beal type if needed. I give us a B for our FA pickups.

Always interesting to read your old post. Especially when I don’t remember saying this. But seems like everybody was pretty accurate in their assessment. Lacks defense but makes up for it on offense. What we all missed was the chemistry when playing next to 3 ball dominate players in Kemba, Randle and RJ.

Fournier is a rhythm player that needs to see some shots fall, before he gets hot. And playing with iso players is a challenge EF has to figure out. He has 20 mil reasons of motivation to fix this early slump.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
11/19/2021  3:51 PM
I was not a fan of signing Fournier. I would have preferred to bring back Bulloch or find a better version of what he does like Norman Powell. But I'm not giving up on Fournier. He's not a bum like the other frenchie we had. We've seen how Fournier can help those first few games. He's never going to be much of a defender but he can play a role in team defense. He just needs to start making those open shots.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
11/19/2021  4:33 PM
franco12 wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I dug it up as I wanted to avoid having another thread about Fournier - I was reading that basically dude is good for 8 minutes of basketball. I'm wondering if this is partly covid related, and he is just dealing with the long term, possibly permanent reduction of athletic ability.

I would have pick Fournier over Derozan, but this now looks like a bad choice.

two guys I pushed hard for and wanted to pay were Derozan or Norm Powell. I got blasted for suggesting Derozan was worth what he get paid by the Bulls. He's a true pro scorer and a great passer.

Its neither here nor there... who cares. He's our guy, he can play better than he has on both sides of the ball and its up to last years COY to find positions for him to thrive. I think Thibs will do that. Its a hard working crew.

It sucks when the new guys struggle and we are not playing well but Knicks fans need to remember we are one year removed from a last place 21-45 season. We have come so far in such a short time FANS EXPECT THE TEAM TO WIN. Just think about that for a hot minute...

I dont love EF but he's good and will play a lot better for us. Good chance he's also a piece in a larger trade if we pull the trigger on something big.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
smackeddog
Member: #883
11/20/2021  4:09 AM
SergioNYK wrote:I was not a fan of signing Fournier. I would have preferred to bring back Bulloch or find a better version of what he does like Norman Powell. But I'm not giving up on Fournier. He's not a bum like the other frenchie we had. We've seen how Fournier can help those first few games. He's never going to be much of a defender but he can play a role in team defense. He just needs to start making those open shots.

Now look up Bullocks stats for this year- looks like we were doomed either way!

Knicks sign Fournier

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy