[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

My first Ariza
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/3/2004  11:38 PM

I have not said much about him because I have not seen him play.

Wow!

He played 23 min. WoW!

TT is like the walking dead. Vin is a zombie. Nazr is ambitious, but game is too quick for him. Craw shot selection and confidence broke down. Marbs was going at great pace, but had to do too much and lost his legs at the end. Penny looked flat.

I saw more positive then negative.

Its not who starts, but finishes. Sweet was a power. He is quick, and gets the rebounds. We took it to the rim tonite and got foul shots. It kept the game much closer than poping jumpers like last year.

Trever and Sweets have great instincts for the ball. Trever made lots of rookie mistakes, but the kid can play. He needs that jumpshoot and the world will look very different.

This team has a few issues, mostly positive. We need alan. He will get much more open looks than he has seen in years. Fred Freaking Hoiberg beat us with his jumpers. We need that.

Craw looked great the first 5 minutes, then tailed off. He will learn and improve. Its a long season. Sweets and Trevor will also grow.

I did not see Nazy as that horrible. He missed a few shots but lets applaud the fact that he was moving very fast and still caught the ball, and got to the hoop. That in its self opens things for rebounds and foul shots.

Steph had good control of the game and did a great job moving the ball and then waiting to take over. He will develope better judgement.

I saw many good things in this loss to one of the top 5 teams in the League. Lenny did a good job also.

It ain't perfect, and we did not play well enough to win, but we stayed very close, attacked the rim, got to the line, developed a rookie, and saw good coaching.

These are things we have not seen in a while. Enjoy this team for what it is, a work in progress!
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
USA
11/3/2004  11:49 PM
Also,

Stephs body language was very good, he was talking and not yelling at his players. He kept cool and no scowl.

The kid is learning.

Trevors putback dunk with 4:11 in the second was camby-esq! I said "oh my god" and my wife was concerned. I told her we had a 19 year old kid fly like I have never seen a knick before! She said I should get a life.

PUt me on the Trevor bandwagon and fill my thermos with Kool Aid, Im joining up.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
11/4/2004  12:16 AM
Posted by Nalod:

Also,

Stephs body language was very good, he was talking and not yelling at his players. He kept cool and no scowl.

The kid is learning.

Trevors putback dunk with 4:11 in the second was camby-esq! I said "oh my god" and my wife was concerned. I told her we had a 19 year old kid fly like I have never seen a knick before! She said I should get a life.
PUt me on the Trevor bandwagon and fill my thermos with Kool Aid, Im joining up.

LOL, Nalod! That was classic.

I agree with you. I still haven't seen him to say anywhing, but I do find more positives than negatives from this game. I do expect us to win the next game no matter who we are against. The Knicks will be very good this season and will give us many happy surprises.

I do hope Isiah finds a way to deal for a center either during the season or in the offseason because after that we could start dreaming with gold.

Lets Go, Knicks! Keep working hard! Start winning!
Knicks_Fan
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
11/4/2004  1:40 AM
good post nalod and one thing I like about this team is the ability to use our quickness to score points in bunches, as you said, these guys will grow and learn and this season should be fun..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/4/2004  5:46 AM
Posted by tkf:

good post nalod and one thing I like about this team is the ability to use our quickness to score points in bunches, as you said, these guys will grow and learn and this season should be fun..

I'm anxious man. Game one and I already want to see guys traded.
This is definately gonna be a fun season....

As far as Ariza......I think he is a gift from God man. I think after watching Sugar Ray waste his career, watching the Knicks leave Bernard for dead too soon, and Pat get so close for so long......I think God put Ariza in a Knick uniform as some sort of compensation, lol.....It has to be some sort of divine intervention.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Nalod
USA
11/4/2004  8:43 AM
Enyspree,

Ariza is derived from latin term "honorous compensadis Laydenory" meaning: 2nd round gold as only Scott Layden could find when in Utah.

Yes, this kid is a gift, and his instincts are incredible.

Relax on the trades, this is not fantasy. Nazr looked bad, but the shots he blew were tough ones, and ones that open other opportunities like offensive rebounds. Those were not bad shots. I am more concered with Jamals shooting than Nazr. craw was out of control at times.

Spree looks like Gene Simmons of KISS with his kubuto style hair. Him and Hudson looked kinda silly.
My first Ariza

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy